PDA

View Full Version : Lion half sleeve

Heath
06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
So there's a long story to this...but basically my client kept pushing me to put a half sleeve on her with a "traditional" lion half sleeve from a social media site that only women use, and I pray daily this website is banned from the internet because it gives all women terrible tattoo ideas. I was pretty harsh to be honest about it, and pushed her to let me do realism instead and a lion I wanted to do instead, versus this bubbly faced cartoon looking thing she sent me. I thought she was coming in today to request a refund honestly, and thanks to Serial's advice, I had my drawing and one I did for her just to appease her, and she went with my original one.

This is the end result. I tried to do the flower in the black and gray too but I had to meet her in the middle somewhere. :cool: Well, more like 1/8th of the way haha.

http://s22.postimg.org/iwwzf2kfl/Lionweb2.jpg

poleson
06-08-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm sure she's glad she went with yours. That's rad man! I find it easier to convince the client if I use artsy words like eye movement, focal points, organic flow, balance, etc. Then they think I actually know what I'm doing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Joshuarowlands
06-08-2014, 03:09 AM
solid work man, sometimes you need to just walk away from overly pushy clients, I've done it a few times to avoid a tattoo that turned into a nightmare. Sometimes money is the least of the worries but you executed this very well. I personally would have done the flower in grays also, but I can see the frustration bestowed upon you.

darkness
06-08-2014, 04:25 AM
really great work Heath and clean :)