PDA

View Full Version : Spektra Direkt Feedback Thread

fkirons
06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
So after almost a year in the making, we released this machine a couple of months ago. It was like giving birth to a child (actually longer) due to the fact that we got really picky with it and wanted to bring new useful features to the table.

With the debut of the Spektra Direkt we featured a couple of new innovations that we thought you would like:

- Screw less MotorBolt: No more screws to retain the motor and a new MotorBolt design.

- Hex Drive system: which it consists of a hex gear attached to the motor which allows any MotorBolt to power any MachineBody due to that stroke now stays in the MachineBody.

- Stroke Cap System module with axial load elimination: We thought you'd appreciate longer lifespan of your motor, less vibration and adjustability of throw so we created this module that allows you to retain the stroke in the machine while voiding any axial load to the motor shaft and dramatically decreasing vibration making the machine really quiet

- We brought back the high gloss and bright colors to our MachinesBodies and MotorBolt.

- Light Weight: We did our best to keep weight to its minimum while using strong materials such as stainless steel for the construction of critical parts.

- Built in Rubber Band hooks: We seamlessly design the rubber band hooks to go unnoticeable and flow with the MachineBody.

These are just a few of the new features and benefits you'll find in the new Direkt.

We don't know how many forum members had tried it, but we would like to hear your feedback if you did. Honest feedback is always much appreciated.

Thank you

johndameart
06-20-2014, 08:19 PM
I have the prototype. and i must say, it is killer.

This machine is capable of literally everything, hits in a perfect line, solid colors, blacks, and is amazing at grey shading.

The balance of this machine is MINT! using it with Traditional set up or with Carts, Both are amazing.

I would say you hit the nail on the head guys, Phenomenal work!! I have NO complaints or ANY changes that I would make to this :)

Ofeloner
06-20-2014, 08:39 PM
I love it! It's an all around great machine,i believe everyone needs one of these,,the direkt and tattoos go together like pancakes and peanuts,,if you don't use the direkt then fuck you!!

johndameart
06-20-2014, 09:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA you said it better than me!

fkirons
06-21-2014, 11:26 AM
I love it! It's an all around great machine,i believe everyone needs one of these,,the direkt and tattoos go together like pancakes and peanuts,,if you don't use the direkt then fuck you!!
damn...ok! lol

fkirons
06-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Just updated the initial post with these videos in case some of you haven't had the chance to seem them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ImCARgFrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ1loWInjI

skullsugar@lucky13
06-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Perfect machine sold all my others only use direkts now have one set uo with each cam, 3.6 lining 3.2 with cartridge everything else.

AltarVinz
06-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I love my Direkts. Nice machine for everything. Works well with tubes and Kwadrons and does the same with carts.

fkirons
06-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I love my Direkts. Nice machine for everything. Works well with tubes and Kwadrons and does the same with carts.

What stroke are you is in with your carts.
This is a question for all Direkt/ Cart people.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndameart
06-23-2014, 12:47 PM
3.2mm for carts

AltarVinz
06-28-2014, 05:24 AM
I use the 4.0 stroke with carts and it performs well

Deakon
06-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Make a clipcord version!

fkirons
06-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Make a clipcord version!

We are working on an adaptor but we may make a clipcord MotorBolt soon. In the meantime you can use the many adaptors that are out there or switch to RCA you won't regret it.

serial1313
06-29-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but buy an RCA cord. They are $10 for a good silicone cord & then you aren't limiting yourself by not being able to use certain machines.

Ofeloner
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Rca works better then clip cord anyway,, so why not get one?

Deakon
06-29-2014, 04:23 PM
RCA is, in my opinion, terrible. I make my own clipcords and they last for ages, RCA either get loose or break. It's bad enough having to keep buying RCA cords for my dark lab footswitch (which should really come with a cord in the first place)!

i don't feel like I am limiting myself by not using RCA, I use dan kubins for everything so don't have a problem. I have a steel galaxie which I used a lot and would like to try out a direkt but switching between cords is a pain.

cagelavey
06-29-2014, 04:26 PM
I couldn't imagine using clip cord anymore. but they have those cool rca/clip cord combos now, cant remember who makes them though

AltarVinz
06-29-2014, 09:04 PM
You can make your own Rca too. Just put 5 bucks in the rca itself and it will hold for years.

poleson
06-29-2014, 09:13 PM
I couldn't imagine using clip cord anymore. but they have those cool rca/clip cord combos now, cant remember who makes them though
I use an Albro clipcord to Rca female adapter. It's about 6" of cord. I use a regular pulse brand Rca to the power supply. It is only a small inconvience.

Is FK Irons going to sell a short adapter anytime soon? The length of the Albro is the main inconvience. I have to bag it seperately.

cagelavey
06-29-2014, 10:37 PM
I feel the rca cables break thing. ive bought them from everywhere, and I mean everywhere and the wires always pull apart or break in some way. ive bought 20.00-60.00 cords and they have all failed me. but I swear the only cord that has never fucked up on me is a 6.99 cord from radio shack, lol. I love using rca over clip cord, I think the connection is way more consistent. but they do need to make overall better rca cords if they are going to charge so much for them. i know there are ways to make the rca's more sturdy, i just dont feel that if your paying so much for them, that we as customers should have to do that. sorry for being off topic. just wanted to add my two cents, lol

fkirons
06-30-2014, 10:33 AM
What about we create a whole new ClipCord/ RCA thread? :D In Fact I'm going to do it now. Maybe admin can move the posts there. Good points in here.

Update: Here it is: http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/12058-Clipcord-vs-RCA-vs-RCA-adapters-vs-MonoJack?p=109706#post109706

Machined Ink
07-12-2014, 04:18 PM
I used my Direkt for the first time today. I used it with the 3.6mm stroke cap, derlin RPG, and T-Techs. It put in the color really quick and solid. The only thing is it got real warm (the motor and machine). I used it with the o-ring and without but it was still real warm. Is that normal? It's not a big deal because it works and runs great. I'm just curious if anyone else's gets warm or its it just mine?

serial1313
07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I haven't had that issue.

Ofeloner
07-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Mine never gets warm..maybe make sure you have your motor bolt screwed in ferm..

fkirons
07-12-2014, 05:01 PM
I used my Direkt for the first time today. I used it with the 3.6mm stroke cap, derlin RPG, and T-Techs. It put in the color really quick and solid. The only thing is it got real warm (the motor and machine). I used it with the o-ring and without but it was still real warm. Is that normal? It's not a big deal because it works and runs great. I'm just curious if anyone else's gets warm or its it just mine?

Make sure you don't arch the needle bar as you may be creating a lot of friction in the tube. The Direkt does not heat up at all not even with cartridges.

Also try the tube to make sure the DriveBar glides in with no friction, as the issue may be in the tube.

Should you have any other machine issue, feel free to contact us via email or phone and we'll sort it out for you immediately.

Machined Ink
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't really call it an issue because I love how it runs. I'm guessing it was user error because after tattooing I went back and loaded it up with the RPG and a ttech, a ttech grip and cartridge, and a standard needle and disposable tube and didn't have any heat issues with any of the set ups. I'm guessing I was doing something wrong because I couldn't replicate the problem. Thanks for offering the help gaston. I appreciated it. I love this machine!

Joshuarowlands
07-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Would love to try it but I've had fairly bad luck with direct drives. Bit out of my price range for the moment as well. Very cool machine though.

Mog
07-23-2014, 09:33 AM
just got to try mine, came this morning...was after a dedicated liner, nervous about spending the money as my mickey sharpz lines just fine really...and havent had too much luck lining with rotarys. But wow, I can honestly say I have never had a machine line so well, feels so effortless, I'm pissed now cos theres no linework on my next client today! but am going to give it a try for shading. I used the 4mm for lining, 5l bugpin cheyenne, plus some solid black, ttechs.

nathan bauer
07-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Mine almost burns my hand it gets so hot....

darkness
07-30-2014, 01:47 PM
have try mine for a maori and standart needles + ttech for testing - run really great and no burning issue - maybe you get friction with the tube ..i use a bit of oel on the bar

fkirons
07-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Mine almost burns my hand it gets so hot....
Get in touch with us. The Direkt does not heat at all. Not even with cartridges. There is got to be something in particular going on with yours.

Don't run it hot because you are going to kill the motor if something is up with it.
When you send it please the tube and a new needle that use use in your setup.

Follow this like to send the machine, we will take care of you asap.
http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine

pete
07-30-2014, 05:50 PM
I love my direkt,but I have had to order a new tube vice as the threads were not great and have just worn away and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.i thought it was going to be hand delivered as the postage cost was as much as the part!!lol

Mog
07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Mines running hot too! On every setup I try. Have been told to send it but gutted as only had a few days , addicted to it already as I love how it runs, plus I'm in uk so will be gone at least a couple weeks. Bought it to replace liner which was playing up. Been putting off sending it but if it's going to damage the motor..... Would it be better if I asked killerink supplies to replace it?

nathan bauer
07-30-2014, 08:07 PM
So do I .heats with cheyenne.bishop.kingpin or fk irons grips...

nathan bauer
07-30-2014, 08:08 PM
I know used for cartidges.no o ring or rubber band..zero bend on plunger bar.runnin in mid 9 volts

fkirons
07-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Nathan and mog try to loosen the three screws that hold the hex drive module in the body and re adjust them so the screws stop without without putting any torque on them. Email us also at [email protected] so we can open a support inquiry for you guys.

Mog
07-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I did try but was unable to loosen them , I was worried I may bugger up the screw heads as they were very tight. However I did find these little guys when I wiped inside around the area round the screws( in case there was a foreign object affecting it) they just fell out, could that be anything ? (You can see the scale as they are on normal lined paper) however still heating but I think less, not sure. will email when I get a chance too.

skullsugar@lucky13
07-31-2014, 05:09 PM
I have had 2 direkts still have one woth 2 motors both have only ever been used with t-techs and never had a problem heating up.

Ofeloner
07-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks, I did try but was unable to loosen them , I was worried I may bugger up the screw heads as they were very tight. However I did find these little guys when I wiped inside around the area round the screws( in case there was a foreign object affecting it) they just fell out, could that be anything ? (You can see the scale as they are on normal lined paper) however still heating but I think less, not sure. will email when I get a chance too.

Looks like you took a picture of the lil screws used to screw the different strokes onto the front plate..

Mog
07-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Hmmm no I know what grub screws are :) it's two tiny concave slivers /shavings of steel that I'm sure shouldn't be in there.

Mog
08-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Ooookay so managed to undo screws (dads are great!) and I have to say the way it spins now is a world away from before, it previously felt scratchy and stiff but now spins freely, won't get a chance to try till tues but reckon that's done the trick, thanks gaston I'm a happy girl :) was dreading having to send away!

fkirons
08-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Ooookay so managed to undo screws (dads are great!) and I have to say the way it spins now is a world away from before, it previously felt scratchy and stiff but now spins freely, won't get a chance to try till tues but reckon that's done the trick, thanks gaston I'm a happy girl :) was dreading having to send away!

I'm glad you got it resolved. they could have been adjusted by the inertia itself. Don't over torque non of the little screws. Enjoy the machine :)

Panos tattoo
08-04-2014, 08:00 PM
ok, can someone post a scale review like 0-10 for lining colorpacking pepershading soft greywash shading...etc?
i meen yes FK does good equipment but it cant be flawless on everything.anyway thats what everyone and gaston wants to hear.thats how everyone moves up and improves his work.Gaston dont get me wrong bro,im not saying it in a bad way,but if i read that it it lines better than a sidewinder , softshades better than a spectra halo with give , or packs color better from i dont know what i will throw away all of my machines and get one direct halo.i dont want an overall review because i doubt you let out to the market a bad or a not noticible machine.of course its gonna be good.but how would it be rated in the artists hands on different tasks?thats what im asking for and i think so do you and correct me if im wrong.

serial1313
08-04-2014, 08:49 PM
ok, can someone post a scale review like 0-10 for lining colorpacking pepershading soft greywash shading...etc?
i meen yes FK does good equipment but it cant be flawless on everything.anyway thats what everyone and gaston wants to hear.thats how everyone moves up and improves his work.Gaston dont get me wrong bro,im not saying it in a bad way,but if i read that it it lines better than a sidewinder , softshades better than a spectra halo with give , or packs color better from i dont know what i will throw away all of my machines and get one direct halo.i dont want an overall review because i doubt you let out to the market a bad or a not noticible machine.of course its gonna be good.but how would it be rated in the artists hands on different tasks?thats what im asking for and i think so do you and correct me if im wrong. Why don't you buy one or trade for one & try one out for yourself? They are good machines, I couldn't say that they line better than a Sidewinder. The sidewinder has something that no other rotary can come close to.

Tattoohannes
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Hi...today i got my Direkt ans was very curious to do lining with it...but...unfortunaly it is unusable because

Tattoohannes
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
the vice doesn´t clamp at all

Tattoohannes
08-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Don´t know why this are 2 posts..but anyway...doesn´t work :(((

fkirons_kayleigh
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM

I've sent you a PM, but if you ever need any help with the machines please email us at [email protected].

vodu
08-05-2014, 01:28 PM
happened with me too, it was one of those small round things in the vise has fallen down, it must be two.

fkirons
08-05-2014, 01:42 PM
i meen yes FK does good equipment but it cant be flawless on everything.anyway thats what everyone and gaston wants to hear.thats how everyone moves up and improves his work.Gaston dont get me wrong bro,im not saying it in a bad way,but if i read that it it lines better than a sidewinder , softshades better than a spectra halo with give , or packs color better from i dont know what i will throw away all of my machines and get one direct halo.i dont want an overall review because i doubt you let out to the market a bad or a not noticible machine.of course its gonna be good.but how would it be rated in the artists hands on different tasks?thats what im asking for and i think so do you and correct me if im wrong.

Hey Panos. here is some feedback for you.
To say that a machine is superior or inferior compared to any other machines is a very subjective statement as every machine will suit artists in different ways. Ex: Some people like rotaries, others prefer coils, some people like heavy machines, some other people prefer them light...and so on. This is why I will never advertise our product as the best product out there because that's up to the artist to judge. All we can do is try to build the best machine possible to the best of our knowledge and experience.

What I can do tell you is that the Direkt is a machine with a very consistent performance. it does not have give and it has a built in module (HexDrive System) that protects the motor shaft from the load result of the off centered elliptical motion of the cam.

It uses robust stainless steel bearings, polished and anodized aircraft aluminum components and it's a machine that you can throw everything you want at it, from coloring, shading lining, to cartridge systems. Made in the USA and backed by our warrant

The machine is not flawless just like no other machine machine out there or anything that entails mechanics and technology.
However, we stand behind every machine we build and we'll remedy any issue that's related to manufacture and performance no questions asked.

If someone is offering you or selling you "a perfect machine" run as fast as you can as no such thing exists nor will exist.
The day that that happens, we'll be all of us builders out of business and I will be using that perfect machine myself.

Should you have any questions please let us know or email us.

Gaston

fkirons
08-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah what vudu commented might be the issue causing the screw to be too long and touching the tube. One quick solution, try to see if by any chance you dropped one of the spacers that sit between the knob and the frame. Solution 2: file down the screw of the knob. Otherwise, get in touch with us like Kayleigh said and will send you a Screw and spacer replacement right away.

The Direkt vise has been revise to clamp both steel and plastic tubes as long as they are up to 8mm in diameter.

Panos tattoo
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM
im sorry to say that you got me wrong.serial1313 and gaston i didnt said this to offend anyone especially the builder of the machine.gaston asked for reviews of the machine after sometime in the market.i was expecting a conversation like "i like it for colorpacking but i prefere the give halo for colorblending" (im saying it as an example dont bite my neck for saying it) or " it could come with a 10w motor to have this option or a compo" or i dont know what else someone who used it can find usefull.instead im reading posts like the best machine i ever used,its a great machine ,oh you should get one if you dont have yet.....is this an honest review? no one denies its a great machine and i never expected something bad from fk.i dont know how to explain it.
ok a post like its a great machine i,i love it for colorblending and lining but i think its a bit strong for softshading" would be an honest review for me.there a conversation would start and have 10 pages with artistst who own one and ones who are interested in one.thats why i got pissed and said give an honest fucking review,or something.and of corse there is no machine that can do it all perfect.(again im underlining the word PERFECT) and yes the one who tells me that his machine is a 10 points in everything is either living in a box or a very solitered room.and by saying i will throw away all of my machines and get one ,its because im sure its impossible to have something like this.also te reason i mentioned another brand is because the damn thing is a 10er in lining and in other sections gets lower grades.at least thats what im reading here.so i used it as a refference point by asking can it line like the other machine that almost everyone worships in that section?
serial1313 tell me when a machine gets out in the market before buying it or trade something else for it dond you read reviews to see if it suits you first or if it fits your technique before you go after it? i think so bro.from the profile i made for you through the forum i dont believe you are dumb.so why should i do it before i get opinions from people who used it?
i dont know if i sound like a dick or not logic but in my head this is not wrong.reading specs of a machine can tell a lot but reading reviews from people who are using it is even more.

fkirons
08-05-2014, 08:18 PM
im sorry to say that you got me wrong.serial1313 and gaston i didnt said this to offend anyone especially the builder of the machine.gaston asked for reviews of the machine after sometime in the market.i was expecting a conversation like "i like it for colorpacking but i prefere the give halo for colorblending" (im saying it as an example dont bite my neck for saying it) or " it could come with a 10w motor to have this option or a compo" or i dont know what else someone who used it can find usefull.instead im reading posts like the best machine i ever used,its a great machine ,oh you should get one if you dont have yet.....is this an honest review? no one denies its a great machine and i never expected something bad from fk.i dont know how to explain it.
ok a post like its a great machine i,i love it for colorblending and lining but i think its a bit strong for softshading" would be an honest review for me.there a conversation would start and have 10 pages with artistst who own one and ones who are interested in one.thats why i got pissed and said give an honest fucking review,or something.and of corse there is no machine that can do it all perfect.(again im underlining the word PERFECT) and yes the one who tells me that his machine is a 10 points in everything is either living in a box or a very solitered room.and by saying i will throw away all of my machines and get one ,its because im sure its impossible to have something like this.also te reason i mentioned another brand is because the damn thing is a 10er in lining and in other sections gets lower grades.at least thats what im reading here.so i used it as a refference point by asking can it line like the other machine that almost everyone worships in that section?
serial1313 tell me when a machine gets out in the market before buying it or trade something else for it dond you read reviews to see if it suits you first or if it fits your technique before you go after it? i think so bro.from the profile i made for you through the forum i dont believe you are dumb.so why should i do it before i get opinions from people who used it?
i dont know if i sound like a dick or not logic but in my head this is not wrong.reading specs of a machine can tell a lot but reading reviews from people who are using it is even more.

Hello Pano. We have taken no offense at all!. We just wanted to hear some feedback from the users that got one already but you are mode than welcome to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help and share.
Perhaps I misunderstood what you were trying to convey in your prior post and this is just a little misunderstanding. Thank you for clarifying your thoughts. Feel free to ask all the questions you may have. You can do it publicly or if you prefer we can even walk you through specific features over the phone or email and point at some youtube videos as well.

Again we would never take honest feedback the wrong way. Through feedback (good and bad one) we are able to better our future machines.

Zapp
08-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey Panos. here is some feedback for you.
To say that a machine is superior or inferior compared to any other machines is a very subjective statement as every machine will suit artists in different ways. Ex: Some people like rotaries, others prefer coils, some people like heavy machines, some other people prefer them light...and so on. This is why I will never advertise our product as the best product out there because that's up to the artist to judge. All we can do is try to build the best machine possible to the best of our knowledge and experience.

What I can do tell you is that the Direkt is a machine with a very consistent performance. it does not have give and it has a built in module (HexDrive System) that protects the motor shaft from the load result of the off centered elliptical motion of the cam.

It uses robust stainless steel bearings, polished and anodized aircraft aluminum components and it's a machine that you can throw everything you want at it, from coloring, shading lining, to cartridge systems. Made in the USA and backed by our warrant

The machine is not flawless just like no other machine machine out there or anything that entails mechanics and technology.
However, we stand behind every machine we build and we'll remedy any issue that's related to manufacture and performance no questions asked.

If someone is offering you or selling you "a perfect machine" run as fast as you can as no such thing exists nor will exist.
The day that that happens, we'll be all of us builders out of business and I will be using that perfect machine myself.

Should you have any questions please let us know or email us.

Gaston

How it comes after years and years of testing to make upgrade on the machine and ask money for it ?????
It starts with coil machine i have bought, why other builders have no UPGRADE problems !
I am sick of buying machines who works not perfekt and need a upgrade because they was not build perfekt !
No easy without problems to send it back from europe !
And i am talking about machines who cost almost 600 Euro !!!!
And,ohh yes !
Made by tattooers for tattooers thats words for sell it better :-D
I give a shit when its a perfekt tool to work with/worth every penny and made by a factory with no mistakes !!!!

jesoner79
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
here for an honest review its well balanced lightweight and smooth but to me it hits a lil soft for a direct drive but its a good machine and of course i wish they were cheaper

Ofeloner
08-05-2014, 11:15 PM
My review,, Its amazing as fuck at shading/color packing,, I haven't yet figured out how to drop smooth lines unless iam lineing whith groupings 8round and fatter,, but I have seen others do it..I love the weight of it,, and I love how it allways runs the exact same every time,, I hope this helped..ohh..and I have no problems with how mutch I spent on it,, I don't mind putting my money into something that has paid back tenfold plus and also towards a company that in my opinion is doing amazing/great things..

fkirons
08-06-2014, 12:22 AM
How it comes after years and years of testing to make upgrade on the machine and ask money for it ?????
It starts with coil machine i have bought, why other builders have no UPGRADE problems !
I am sick of buying machines who works not perfekt and need a upgrade because they was not build perfekt !
No easy without problems to send it back from europe !
And i am talking about machines who cost almost 600 Euro !!!!
And,ohh yes !
Made by tattooers for tattooers thats words for sell it better :-D
I give a shit when its a perfekt tool to work with/worth every penny and made by a factory with no mistakes !!!!

Hello Zapp. I think you are referring to the slider upgrade that we came out 1.5 year after releasing the halo. The upgrade slider was the result of feedback and listening to people. We only charged $25 dollars and that included the part, labor and shipping...that slider was not a "recall", instead it was an option. The new design (that's been standard for about a year now) helps the machine to auto lube a bit better than the old one. Blame us for improving!

I know that we won't make everyone happy (all though, we will always try) and we wish we could make equipment super economical but The cost of engineering/ manufacturing in house, using the best materials, components and finishes needs to balance out with our investment in order for us to remain in business and keep pushing thins a bit further with every machine.

No other product, aside from that slider, has been offered as an upgrade. The Halo was our first machine and despite the 2 years in the making, that was our first baby and we learned a lot from it.

Thank you to all the people that bought the product and support us to create new and better equipment today. We are extremely grateful for it.

The Direkt has surpassed our expectation, we took the necessary time to make the right adjustment for this product to be as stable as possible. No upgrades in sight we even included all the strokes with this machine and designed a specific tool to lock the HexDrive module when changing the StrokeCaps that's also provided with the machine.

Like I always say, no machine is perfect but you'd bet if you have any issue with our equipment we are a phone call or email away and will go out of our ways to remedy the situation.

The price you pay in Europe for products from abroad is the result of the import taxes that distributors have to bare with. Same with machines we buy from Overseas in the US.

Now, we would love to get the thread back to the topic.
Nonetheless thank you for your input and feel free to get in touch with us regarding any issue or concern.

Thank you

Gaston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fkirons
08-06-2014, 12:26 AM
here for an honest review its well balanced lightweight and smooth but to me it hits a lil soft for a direct drive but its a good machine and of course i wish they were cheaper

Have you tried larger StrokeCaps? The 3.5 and 4mm should give Nice a nice pounding hit. We are working on some video tutorials that will contain a lot of info to get the most out of it. We will announce them here as well. Should you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

serial1313
08-06-2014, 01:49 AM
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful at all Panos. The reason why I was saying to buy or trade for one is because if you like DD's, I don't think that you will be disappointed in the Direkt. I end up with any machine that I find interesting or feel like they offer something different from other like machines. That is the case with the Direkt. There are 100 DD's out there, but this is about as refined as you can get a DD I believe. I might be wrong, but it seems like the reason why there are so many DD's is because it seems like everybody thinks that you just have to stick a motor on the end of a vice & then BAM, you have a tattoo machine. I have a bias towards American made machines because IF I have to send them in for repair or rebuild or adjustment, it's no big deal & I don't run too much of a risk of it being lost in the mail(I have lost a machine before when sending a machine overseas for repair). When I saw the Direkt I was interested because it looked like something that could be different than other DD's. I didn't give a shit at all about what other people thought about it. I have 5 or 6 other DD's & this one is different. What jesoner said, this machine can hit softer than other DD's & that is what is cool about it, especially for B&G. It almost feels like it has built in give. By that I mean that it doesn't hit TOO hard like some DD's. It also does color well & I keep hearing that it lines well too but I haven't tried it for line work yet. The Direkt is a SMALL machine & it is a LIGHT machine. I don't like machines that are too light so I guess it is the balance that makes the Direkt feel like it's not TOO light. I got rid of all my FK coils because they were too light FOR ME. I will end this with these few facts, I am not someone that kisses ass to get free shit nor do I want my opinion to be taken as an advertisement for any machine ever. I have never been given or offered a free machine or equipment in exchange for a write up or my good opinion (there are OBVIOUSLY people on this forum & other places who have received favors/special attention/free equipment in order for them to make repeated positive remarks on certain equipment. You know who you are & it is very obvious). Although getting free equipment would be great, don't get me wrong, I am not in business with, sponsored by, or given special treatment by any company. I realize I got a little of subject at the end there, but I did give somewhat of a review before the rant. Haha!

slicksteel
08-06-2014, 03:23 AM
I just got a spektra body . no motor so i cant say how it runs yet. But the fit and finish of the frame looks to be well made and put together with care. I am hoping it will be my go to b&g shader for portrait like stuff with the short stroke.

darkness
08-06-2014, 05:03 AM
i have try for lining and its one of my best liners ...i have try on some bad areas too and its different as other dd because i can line in this areas with a lot more pushing but get now blowouts ! ok -a good coil is easyer but this machine runs really like no other and i have wayne taylor , hm dd ,ironbite and a lot more to compare ! Its on of my daily runners

nathan bauer
08-14-2014, 07:49 PM
So exactly one week from when I sent my direkt to fk irons , I have it in my happy hands.well done fk irons! .THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

kaydendigiovanni
08-21-2014, 08:50 PM
I really want one, but I hesitate only because of the price. My Halo didn't work out very well and was sold on ebay after about 3 months.

Tattoo_russ
08-22-2014, 12:33 AM
The Direkt is definitely one of the smoothest rotaries out there. No vibration. I've sold a lot of people on them and everyone one of them love it. I can't afford one just yet but I had the chance to use one last year when I was in Miami and loved it. Next machine I actually buy will be one of these. Definitely worth the money and the customer service is second to none.

Ofeloner
08-22-2014, 01:40 AM
I personaly liked the direkt more than the halo..its a bad ass machine..silent no vibration.and does it all perfectly..its an all around great machine..I think everyone should have one..

crabink
01-08-2015, 03:55 AM
Ok so is the overheating and loose vise still an issue gaston? I'm buying one tomorrow.

fkirons
01-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Ok so is the overheating and loose vise still an issue gaston? I'm buying one tomorrow.

I didn't know that those were issues😳. Direkt doesn't heat up and vise chokes like a gangster. Should you have any questions give us a call or drop us a line.

However should you ever have any issues with the machine or any part of the machine you are covered. !

crabink
01-08-2015, 11:42 PM
I didn't know that those were issues. Direkt doesn't heat up and vise chokes like a gangster. Should you have any questions give us a call or drop us a line.

However should you ever have any issues with the machine or any part of the machine you are covered. !

I know that already Gaston.. just had to post it so the kitties can read, that its just fine lol... soon as my new bank account paypal thingy gets confirmed i am gonna get one.

I was obviously reading to far back.. sure it was just nothing.

Are you gonna be in cali soon were i can meet you?

fkirons
01-10-2015, 03:58 AM
I know that already Gaston.. just had to post it so the kitties can read, that its just fine lol... soon as my new bank account paypal thingy gets confirmed i am gonna get one.

I was obviously reading to far back.. sure it was just nothing.

Are you gonna be in cali soon were i can meet you?

😜😊 I don't know what the next show in Cali is for us but I will def post it here to let you guys know. I think it's time to go back this year :)

crabink
01-25-2015, 06:48 PM
ink n irons

crabink
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Gaston I love everything about my direkt.... but why not 2.6 stroke wheel?.. I find 3.2 really strong but not as smooth for black n grey... I'm still messing with it. It lines great and colors very well, but is there another smaller stroke wheel coming?

crabink
02-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Also is there supposed to be a clear spacer like washer on the vice like the halo vise has? Because I don't have one and it clamps oddly.

fkirons
02-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Also is there supposed to be a clear spacer like washer on the vice like the halo vise has? Because I don't have one and it clamps oddly.

It does have the washer bud. Final testing entails plastic and steel tube clamping so the washer had to be there. Regardless Get in touch with us and we'll send you a few free of charge.

We did a 2.5 but we didn't like it and the feedback from many of the artists that tested it said the same thing "too short"

Enjoy that little sucker bro!

crabink
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
It easily could have fallen off. I loosened it all the way one time because I could not get my tube in... as for stroke lengths when I compare the halo 3.2. with the direkt 3.2 the direkt seems longer.. is there a difference or did you make sure they were both dead on the same on over all stroke lengths? Or is it just an illusion because one is linear af one is a rounded rotion? Really looks like a 2.6ish type stroke would still work.. it's strange to me. Are you saying the Playtesters were not getting the impregnation force because it wasn't a linear stab force and it was more of a brushing the skin force? Not long enough doesn't make sense because we use the halo at 2.5... please explain. Does the halo have more hit force?

bretttattoos
02-12-2015, 06:35 PM
I think with a DD the stroke should be at least 3mm because it seems like with anything shorter your needle will have too much of a brush stroke sense the circular motion would be so small. Idk if that makes sense

crabink
02-14-2015, 02:47 AM
Yeah I agree