PDA

View Full Version : New Premium Lightweight RCA Cord at available at Bishop Rotary

FRANCO VESCOVI
06-30-2014, 08:18 PM
After 6 months of research and development Bishop Tattoo Supply is proud to announce what we feel is the best RCA cord in the industry. It’s lightweight-micro design allows for easier movement and practically no strain on your machine. This has all been done without sacrificing the integrity and strength of our RCA cord. Many people feel that heavy duty cords are the way to go, but this actually causes unnecessary weights on your machines, and would often break a lot faster due to it’s heaviness. We feel the demand was missing a lightweight, super durable, alternative – until now. We are confident that you will agree.
- Gold Plated Split-tip Center Pin and Segmented Shieldfor maximum contact and connection reliability
- Micro Barrel Design lightweight and compact sizing allows for less pull/weight on machine
- Integrated Strain Relief for long-term durability
- Frosted Outer Silicone Jacket for enhanced cable flexibility and less strain on machine
- Gold Plated Phono Jack for enhanced connection
- Reinforced Strain Relief plus extra shrink-flex support
Now available at www.bishoprotary.com

denrbyn
06-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Got one from franco last month and I love it. Thanks again

cagelavey
07-01-2014, 12:39 AM
crazy how were talking about the draw backs of rca's and franco comes to the rescue, lol. im going to buy one please don't break!! jk. cant wait to give it a go, hate heavy cables and just want a cord that doesn't separate from the contacts or breaks inside the cord.

cagelavey
07-01-2014, 12:41 AM
hey franco, off subject but what happened to the microangelo?

denrbyn
07-01-2014, 12:48 AM
The cord is pretty light weight. You will like it

FRANCO VESCOVI
07-01-2014, 02:49 AM
hey franco, off subject but what happened to the microangelo?
The MicroAngelo is in production. I will be making announcements as soon as we are done with anodizing so we can time the release perfectly. Its been thru many updates and betterments and I know you all will be happy.

cagelavey
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I entered your contest on instagram and thought hell ill repost it here too, lol. I want that cord!! lol. http://instagram.com/p/p6muwIjn6i/?modal=true

kbtat2
07-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Very nice!! Do they have any sort of warranty?

poleson
07-01-2014, 05:47 PM
$25 seems reasonable. I will have to order one or two. Thanks!

nivek
07-01-2014, 09:33 PM
AWESOME ! Nice to see a well made cord for a bit more reasonable price I will be trying one or two

AltarVinz
07-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Do you have any European distrubutor I can call to get a couple of those nice looking Rca please ?

Mission Tattoo
07-02-2014, 01:06 AM
These cords are good for me so far picked one up at ink n iron so far so good

cagelavey
07-04-2014, 02:18 PM
just found out that I am one of the winners for the new bishop rca cord! cant wait, to get it and put er to use. thanks again Franco!

nivek
07-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Of COURSE mine RCA started acting up, screw fixing - ordered 2 and STILL less including shipping. Hope these are as good as they look.

FRANCO VESCOVI
07-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Do you have any European distrubutor I can call to get a couple of those nice looking Rca please ?

Yes, premier supply in Germany should have em soon as well as barber in the uk.

FRANCO VESCOVI
07-21-2014, 02:42 AM
$25 seems reasonable. I will have to order one or two. Thanks!

It seems no matter what, every cord eventually breaks. Same with iPhone chargers and such. For me, I wanted to create an RCA cord that would last as long as any good one out in the market, but I also wanted the experience (while it works) to be lightweight and clean so that it helps with balance and weight of the machine. I set the price pretty reasonable and I have been using my prototype cord for 8 months now with no problems. It has a 3 month no questions asked warranty. Clip cord coming soon!

Ofeloner
07-21-2014, 02:51 AM
I got one and its fuckin bad ass..nice and smooth cord..light as air..its perfect..you all NEED one.

cagelavey
07-21-2014, 11:45 AM
got mine from the contest today, really light weight! and just looks like its going to be pretty sturdy, completely reinforced at the contact points and the cable is spiraled inside which I thinlk will help stop wire breakage from stress. happy! and the bishop shirt rocks! lol

nivek
07-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Got mine - glad I got two, nice and light ! I have several other more expensive RCA but somewhere down the line they always have to be fixed, I am not going to send a clipcors in and deal with crossing the border possible inport fees etc when most of the time I can just fix it myself. But theres a small pile of two right now that we're much more than 25 that I can't be bothered with.

Like it so far. Maybe talk to the Guys at Good guy for a Canadian distributor they are great people, great service and owned by a tattooer

billannand
07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
I would like one of these as well and to purchase in Canada would be awesome. But I will settle for trying to steal one of niveks for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mog
09-21-2014, 07:50 AM
I bought one to replace my evolution cord, which I hated ! Made my machine twice as long and kept falling out with the weight of the damn thing! This is the best cord I've had so far :) soooo light and not too long so I don't keep rolling over it with my chair.

cagelavey
09-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Yeah it's beast, cats might think it's just a cord, but it's so much more than just a cord. It's the best cord, period

hellraiser6662
09-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Yea they are nice cords. Only time will tell if they can withstand the riggers of tattooing. The only thing is when is someone going to make a dogleg L rca cable. So helps with machines like the flitev2. I end up buying dogleg L rca off eBay and then replace the normal rca be good to be able to have a choice.

tattoomoney
09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
It seems no matter what, every cord eventually breaks. Same with iPhone chargers and such. For me, I wanted to create an RCA cord that would last as long as any good one out in the market, but I also wanted the experience (while it works) to be lightweight and clean so that it helps with balance and weight of the machine. I set the price pretty reasonable and I have been using my prototype cord for 8 months now with no problems. It has a 3 month no questions asked warranty. Clip cord coming soon!

Are you making High Tension clip cord or just regular tension one?

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Are you making High Tension clip cord or just regular tension one?

More of a medium tension. not too much or too little. Thank you

poleson
12-14-2014, 11:02 AM
I just got a couple of these Rca cords. I have no complaints. The build quality is great on both ends and the cable has a nice flex to it. Well see how long it lasts. Maybe I will remember to post on here when/if it breaks down.

nivek
12-14-2014, 12:05 PM
mine lasted 6 months and looks like an easy fix (thats as long as the others I have tried) . I'm gonna put a pit of shrink wrap on the rca jack because thats where it seems to have broken

eric03
12-14-2014, 01:43 PM
just incase n e one is interested, i use rca chords from guitar center. they r around $15 for two. they r a lil heavy to some ppl but they come in short n long lengths n they r pretty sturdy. still using the same one for over 6 months now. the crazy thing is that they r guaranteed for life. so u can keep returning them when they go bad n u get a new one.basically u spend $15 one time. forever. so u never need to spend money again on a chord. the ones with the plastic ends r better than the ones with the metal ends if u went n saw both. this is not taking n e thing away from franco bc I'm sure this rca chord is as amazing as his rotaries. just sharing what i do.

cagelavey
12-15-2014, 02:58 PM
ive had mine since the instagram contest, still going strong, awesome cord!

tattooange
12-19-2014, 12:32 PM
nice cord!!!

crabink
02-05-2015, 05:20 PM
and right angle ones?

peter clements
03-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Just got one of these from Barber DTS, only £16 it's excellent.

Butternuts
03-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Been using one of these now for a couple months. Absolute best cord I have ever owned by a long shot. Great job on this!!

mrbudgie
11-30-2015, 05:22 PM
franco any tips, as i have one of your rca cords from barber dts in uk for couple weeks now, i like everything about it except it comes of the rca plugs on my machines pretty easily one is a hyper v3 other is a vivace which messes with the connection especially on the hyper

Jesse Phillips
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
I concur, a fine cord indeed but it does seem to be loosing its grip and vibrating off a little.

casey
12-01-2015, 03:37 AM
give the end a GENTLE pinch with some pliers

S_Trofatter
12-02-2015, 07:01 PM
I find that sliding a thin piece of plastic between the metal "prongs" that slide over the female rca jack and the housing that you grab to push the cord on and pull it off, is a much better fix than pinching the metal prongs. If you do it right, it can actually make it better than new.
Im still dumbfounded as to why the prongs arent machined with a small v bend in the middle of them, with a matching groove in the female rca jack to match, kind of like what makes the click when you use a 1/4 phone jack. I have some ideas for indestructable power cords, maybe i can incorporate this concept into the design if i ever get the time and gumption to go through with making it.

Jesse Phillips
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
I find that sliding a thin piece of plastic between the metal "prongs" that slide over the female rca jack and the housing that you grab to push the cord on and pull it off, is a much better fix than pinching the metal prongs. If you do it right, it can actually make it better than new.
Im still dumbfounded as to why the prongs arent machined with a small v bend in the middle of them, with a matching groove in the female rca jack to match, kind of like what makes the click when you use a 1/4 phone jack. I have some ideas for indestructable power cords, maybe i can incorporate this concept into the design if i ever get the time and gumption to go through with making it.
Can you describe this more vividly?