PDA

View Full Version : NeoFlex Drive System

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 08:46 PM
The new NeoFlex cartridge drive system is almost here.

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:03 PM
What should be be better on this one than all the options we have already ???

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:03 PM
With the growing number of artists using cartridge needles with my machine, I thought it was time to develop a system optimized for them.

The NeoFlex Drive System follows my tradition since 2004 of clean and simple.

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
O.k,Thank you and good luck !

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
After prototyping and testing, then working with the attorney to apply for a patent covering the embodiments of my idea. Made changes and tweaked and tested some more....its almost here.

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Sorry for the broken up post....but my computer is not friendly with the forum site and wont let me do more than a line or so before messing with me.

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:12 PM
The new system allows for a solid hit and adjustable softness. It will also allow the artist to be completely disposable because by design the plunger can be thrown out with the disposable grip. It is simple to install and remove the plunger and it cannot fall off.....it pulls out with a pop.

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:22 PM
For what a new plunger,that i will not understand ! In 4 years (i think) i never had a leaking t-tech cart (what i use ) ! You whipe off a machine but need a new plunger for every tattoo ! Its like you need a new machine for every tattoo !

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:29 PM
I am working out the injection molding of the plungers and the new system will be released after that is done and we can have a whole bunch of the plungers on hand. I am really excited about this one, and yeah there are options to use carts on other tattoo machines out there with the adapter bars. I am just looking at the future with having a completely disposable system like you do now with tattoo needles. With the other machines on the market that are optimized for carts.....like the original and Inkjecta. They have a built in drive that can be chemical cleaned, but with a disposable....it can be All tossed.

Hey posting from my phone works!

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:34 PM
A men on a mission :-D

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:36 PM
With a disposable that is pennies a part, it does not require a "new machine" with every tattoo. And your are correct that most of the time the carts don't leak and the Hawk with the built in seal prob never leak. But I have seen them leak and I can see cross contamination by moving the carts when changing them. This is not the cure all that everybody needs, but so far the product is being very well received by many of those who have seen it.

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
should have made that more clear......the t-techs I have seen leak.

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:44 PM
and when it should happend, i can clean and autoclave my hawk grip and plunger when ever i want :-)

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Plus the softness is adjustable in 3 steps for now and so far has had some good reviews from those who wanted the give. The way I have set this up has a dampening give and not a spring. I know I will catch it......because I don't tattoo...but I do listen to you guys and work to make things better for you. At least where I can....

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 09:49 PM
The Hawk grip is very high quality stuff, but there are still places that crud can get into. The parent ' MT Derm, company does medical equipment too and yes there grips must be completely steri before use.....so a wrap cover and wipe down will not fly. I too supply to the medical folks and the health inspectors are interested.

Zapp
07-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Tell them all the tattooers who use the hawk grip :-)))))

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 10:18 PM
and for what it is worth.....I personally think the FK Irons RPG is cleaner that the Hawk

Zapp
07-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Sure you think !!!!! But its totaly different because it has no adjustment !!!!!

rjdadio
07-02-2014, 10:35 PM
You are correct. I had one of the earlier Hawk grips that was way too easy to turn and then I just purchased a new one and I must say that it is very nice. So my first impression was not to keen but now I can see how handy that is. A high quality German product.

cagelavey
07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
thanks ray, I love your machines, will be interested to see the advancements. I love how the carts work with your present system too. I use your lighter return spring instead of the red one, and I know everyone says to take out the return springs completely but, my machine still starts at 4.8v no problem. and its mega quite because of it, which is one thing I always loved about your machines. anyway, cant wait to see what you have in store, brother.

fkirons
07-03-2014, 01:22 AM
The new NeoFlex cartridge drive system is almost here.

Cool man. interesting stuff. Curious to see how yours works. We have been working on the Spektra Edge for quite a while that also has adjustable give and bars can be disposed. Hopefully a different approach as yours.

Thanks for the feedback on the grip.
Adjustable grip is also on the way and it uses ball-less plunger like our grips. Will send one your way as soon as we have them ready so you can test them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 02:57 AM
you got it man! the lighter spring is the way to go. I know that this system will not be for everyone, but I think it is cool. And when will the health inspectors at the shows decide that the grips and such are not disposable and say ....nope.

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 02:58 AM
I really am looking toward the future of tattooing....I want to see the industry move forward!

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 03:00 AM
hey Gaston, I believe we are on the same page here. I know I want to see the tattoo industry move forward and out of the dark ages.

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 03:03 AM
that's what it should be about.....lets work together for a common good. A lot of the new comers are about making money......why can't we do the right thing and then reap the rewards?

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 03:10 AM
and what the heck....I am an "inventor" and like trying new ideas. and I know that we all have been copied but that does not stop me and it should not stop you from making the better mouse trap......right? we know...

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 03:11 AM
and some will take the credit....but we know where it originated.....

Ryanbluebirds
07-03-2014, 10:04 AM
This looks really awesome. I'm very curious to see the end result of your endeavor. I know this is OT but is your Magic Motor better for cartridges? I was thinking about picking one up.

fkirons
07-03-2014, 12:11 PM
that's what it should be about.....lets work together for a common good. A lot of the new comers are about making money......why can't we do the right thing and then reap the rewards?

Indeed bro. I'm with you. Do it right and get the credit when credit is due. A lot of new comers making it the easy way outsourcing the entire project to a communist country and charging and arm an a leg. Oh yeah!!! we know who those are and I'm sure Ray knows too!

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Amen Brother!

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
This looks really awesome. I'm very curious to see the end result of your endeavor. I know this is OT but is your Magic Motor better for cartridges? I was thinking about picking one up.

Actually yes. I tricked one artist while testing.....he told me he was going to be working on neck so I set him up with a 3.5 magic with a medium softness. And didn't tell him what it was. He was amazed at how well it worked and a quote from him was he had never had that kind of saturation before. He said it cut his time a third and very happy. I was there thru the procedure and after he was finished I told him of the setup which he said he would never had used the magic because it would have peppered too much. But he found the zetup both saturate and blended amazingly.

Ryanbluebirds
07-03-2014, 02:42 PM
So do you only suggest the magic motors for people who use cartridges if they are using the new drive system you are working on, or would the magic motor work better for any cartridge system in general?

rjdadio
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
The magic works with other cartridge systems as well.

Bishopbyname
07-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Exciting stuff! :)

No Iron Machines
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
HELLO, very good stuff u create here

what suppose is the MAGIC MOTOR ???? is a different motor than one u normally use ?

Administrator
11-28-2014, 12:33 AM
HELLO, very good stuff u create here

what suppose is the MAGIC MOTOR ???? is a different motor than one u normally use ?

Same motor, different cam.