PDA

View Full Version : first day hyper v2 hotter than hell?

geddy
05-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Ok, so I got my Hyper yesterday. Used it all day. I noticed about an hour into tattooing it was getting pretty hot on my hand. About halfway through my day it started making a couple weird noises and not feeling right then went back to normal but still hot.

I am using a radio shack rca cord / a critical cx2 @ 9.0 / good guy disposable tubes / one rubber band / an eikon nipple and an 11 mag.

is it just me, or do these things run hot? Is it a breakin thing? Did they send me a piece of crap???

Thanks
Geddy

peter clements
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
It shouldn't be like that. My own Hyper V2 has been run with all sorts of needle groups, and I've had it up to about 12.5 volts, it's never made much noise nor get warm. The machine's always done it's job no problems, I've not had to fiddle with it in any way. From what you say ,it needs sending back, that's very annoying I know, at the price the machine should be perfect when you get it.

slicksteel
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
yes i would send back right away and get it serviced before you are to blame.

chris-in-cali
05-19-2011, 07:32 PM
how much those things run these days?

Anything over 5 bills and i would be hotter then the machine.

geddy
05-24-2011, 01:54 AM
I have talked to the hyper people they were very prompt and called me as soon as i e mailed them. apparently once the swash plate breaks in the machine will not run so warm.
Anyhow, exelent customer service from a husband and wife tattoo team.

peter clements
05-24-2011, 06:27 AM
I have talked to the hyper people they were very prompt and called me as soon as i e mailed them. apparently once the swash plate breaks in the machine will not run so warm.
Anyhow, exelent customer service from a husband and wife tattoo team.

Well as long as it works itself out, but my machine wasn't like that, so go figure. I think most would agree, they shouldn't send them out like that,at the price, if the machine needs breaking in, then they should put them through that process before they sell them. Some Rotary machines tend to break in and run smoother with use, but that's on the moving parts and not at the exspense of the motor getting hot,and you did say hot not warm. I honestly don't find it acceptable.

Alie K
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree with Peter. Warm is one thing, but hot doesn't sound right. Personally, I'd call them and see what's up. If it were a breaking-in issue, I think more people would be talking about how hot it would get. Most of my rotary machines get warm with use - it's a motor... sure, it's going to heat up a little. But they don't get 'hot'.

geddy
05-25-2011, 01:27 AM
True true I am gonna call them and see whats up. Yes it was getting hotter than hell. Mainly when I tightened It to the liner setting anyhow, either way it deserves a phone call.

fkirons
05-26-2011, 01:54 PM
mis alignment of the swash plate> too much friction, causing motor overwork. check in to that. It try loosening the side plastic screws or perhaps tight them in.

peter clements
05-26-2011, 02:30 PM
mis alignment of the swash plate> too much friction, causing motor overwork. check in to that. It try loosening the side plastic screws or perhaps tight them in.

That probably might work Franco, but he may invalidate the warranty on the machine by doing so. I think he should make them solve the problem.

Administrator
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
That probably might work Franco, but he may invalidate the warranty on the machine by doing so. I think he should make them solve the problem.

FKirons is Gaston. :)

Venom207
06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
My Hyper was fine for months, then started getting hot. I mean real hot! Very uncomfortable when resting on the index finger while tattooing. Thought it was gonna melt a glove! I spoke with the very nice folks at Stigma and they suggested I send it back for a new motor. We know how much of a hassle that is so I decided not to. It still performed fine.
I started using the Hawk with my Stigma and an Eikon ems 200. I wanted to be able to switch easily between the two machines so I bought the power unit from Kingpin with the toggle switch. All of a sudden, no more hot Stigma. Slightly warm, but not unusually so, and certainly not the blistering hot that it was. Just my experience on this issue. By the way, the Ems was about 3 years old.