PDA

View Full Version : Stigma Hyper v-2 / instructions a bit vague about lubricating machine

Lord Caktis
05-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello and thanks in advance for any help or advice
I have been a tattoo artist around the pittsburgh area for 8 years and just recently had two good friends give the idea of using rotary setup.

After researching I decided t start by going with the Stigma Hyper v-2 machine and have already felt the difference and I like it.

My question is though the instructions that came with the stigma was a bit vague on where precisely you put the synthetic grease. In the reference image with the product a arrow points right at the nipple of the machine and say lubricate here every 100-200 hours or once a month. I cannot clarify if the grease is supposed to applied to the sides of the machine where the up and down motion of the machine moves against the aluminum frame, OR into the small area around the nipple of the armature area and into the small gap around the nipple.

I am kind of assuming that I am being directed to the sides that rub off the aluminum frame but I would had to make false assumptions and damage my machine.

Thank you for reading and giving any advice and/or information about my confusion, take care and be safe.

fennia
08-23-2011, 02:10 AM
I agree with the above. I just got a hyper v2 and feel a bit confused as to were im supposed to lube the machine. Im new to rotarys but after using it for the past month im very impressed. Its really growing on me use it more and more, by now everything exept lining...

But were to lube the the goddamn thing!

Magnu
08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I've been using nothing but my Hyper V2 since I got it and have been applying the lube to the sides of the plastic slider where it contacts the frame which seemed the logical place, and have had no problems with it.

Baldrick
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I've been using nothing but my Hyper V2 since I got it and have been applying the lube to the sides of the plastic slider where it contacts the frame which seemed the logical place, and have had no problems with it.

An artist who works with me has 2 of these and he does the same - a little grease then run the machine until it works it's way into the area - really simple.

I have tried his and they are great machines I got on with them instantly.