PDA

View Full Version : Linear similar to the Stealth

hendricksonart.com
05-20-2011, 12:21 AM
So I have been using rotarys a month or so maybe a hair more, Ive got to use the soba one, the bishop and the stealth, and funny thing is I like the stealth the most not for every thing but I really like the stroke length. Its a bit longer then The bishop which I like. However I notice that lining with the bishop its very clean the ink doesnt go every where and its really easy to see your line work. I actually love the way stealth lines other then the small puddle of ink where im lining. I believe this could be solved with a linear motion. So I really want a linear machine with a massive stroke. Any ideas any one? I think a longer stroke allows the needle to hit the skin harder while still going slow enough to push the ink in well. I am not a builder but it seems to make sense to me.

nathan bauer
05-20-2011, 12:55 AM
The stroke on the dragonflys are 3.7mm up to 5mm i think. I think the stgimas might have a similar model as far as stroke goes.

slicksteel
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
get a rapier 1 if you can find one 4mm stoke -powerlineing is very easy! also the bluderbuss is model has a even longer stoke-4.2 and cary makes that one in both clipcord n rca.
alot of the other machines when you adjust the stroke that long they get very very soft and and slow down.

Alie K
05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Rotary Works makes a smooth-as-butter linear machine with a huge stroke. It's under $300 and I've used mine for lining, shading and coloring and it's strong enough to work with 25+ mags easily. Like any rotary, you can make it as slow or fast as you need it to be. Mine took about a week to get.

hendricksonart.com
05-20-2011, 01:39 AM
thanks guys i thought rotarys works weren't linear ill check out there site again

Administrator
05-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Its a eccentric cam with a piston drive system. Results in a 90 degree linear motion with a pretty long throw.

The Limey
05-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I think the RW has a 5mm stroke

inked
05-20-2011, 06:51 PM
if u really want a linear machine with massive stroke, go for rotary works, u cant go wrong with that, its my daily liner, and stroke length is at least 4.5mm, and lines like magic marker.

As for now, i am also using workhorse irons rotary, lines and feel like a cutback machine.. lining is so easy that i thought im lining with a cutback machine LOL

Zapp
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
if u really want a linear machine with massive stroke, go for rotary works, u cant go wrong with that, its my daily liner, and stroke length is at least 4.5mm, and lines like magic marker.

As for now, i am also using workhorse irons rotary, lines and feel like a cutback machine.. lining is so easy that i thought im lining with a cutback machine LOL
Totally agree !!!!!