PDA

View Full Version : Octopus tattoo

Heath
07-14-2014, 11:46 PM
So don't judge...but this is the most time I've poured into one piece on one client and this is only half way done. She's getting the other half of her chest and half sleeve done this fall. This has been an insane process....most of it is healed too. All Halos, except an FK Irons for the smaller skinny line work.

Thanks for looking!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10445487_818792192888_7284962025894476736_n.jpg

denrbyn
07-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Looks good man how many hours into it so far

cagelavey
07-15-2014, 10:01 AM
I like the ghost waves, nice piece

bretttattoos
07-15-2014, 10:44 AM
+1 on this ghost waves. I dig the color sceme too. It's dark where it needs to be but the piece overall is super bright.

Heath
07-16-2014, 12:03 AM
Thank you everyone. I took some inspiration on this octopus from a Nick Baxter piece, as I'm more of a realist black and gray artist and color in this style is still very new to me. Yes I've been tattooing for 10 years but you know what I mean. I did draw it all...and the client was very particular on the v-neck cut out and layout of things. Doing large work like this is a huge learning experience.

I have about 35-40 hours in this. I lost track being that it's been about 4 or 5 months now working on it slowly. I can say Halos are just sick at what they do. I've never seen work come back so vibrant and heal so smooth. My new studio washes out tattoo color like on her chest so I'm trying to figure that out too, as it's much more vibrant in real life.

Joshuarowlands
07-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Snag a black curtain or some type of black cloth an set up two lights at 45 degree angles of it. You can do this rather cheaply ( I still haven't done it get) aesthetically this piece is absolutely wonderful. The ghost waves are brilliantly executed. The only small critique I can offer is the tentacles lacking detail. withering else is very dynamic but the tentacles come off as flat. Maybe add some darker values to create depth? But that is simply being over picky. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk