PDA

View Full Version : give users

bluerocker
07-15-2014, 11:20 AM
right,,,for as long as I can remember been using no give rotaries,,,beasts,,direct drives,,lately spirit and thunder,,,now Ive just picked up a flite 2.1 combo and set that up at 3.5 rigid bar,,,did a piece this morning and decided to see how I got on with the medium bar,,,running around the 11.5-12.5v mark and didn't feel as comfy as using no give,,,just wondering if anyone else has had any issues after using hard hitters then trying a softer hit,,,obv seen some amazing work done with these flites and wanna get use to the give machine setup,,,so any advice welcome,,cheers

artoftatt2
07-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Soft bar around ten eleven volts.. It will put it in!

skullsugar@lucky13
07-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah after using no give for 18 months give machines seem wanky

peter clements
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Anyone use a "Give" machine that works ok with T Techs ?

slicksteel
07-15-2014, 02:57 PM
yep no need for give just some damping.

slicksteel
07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
The whips work great with t-tech but there give is not a spring or piston setup its more a slap like a coil.

bluerocker
07-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Cheers for ya comments lads...update...just finished a sesh...used the flite with 4 mm cam..soft bar at 11.5v and it did ok..found I needed a lot more hang and found it a Lil slower than working with the hawks...but did the job...thinking it's more of a 'knowing the depth' with it..can't really do a thumb test with it and going by feel after using hard machines will take a bit of getting use to...liked it for lining at the setup aswell as packing black...but defo like no give for shading that will never change for me I don't think

Cyberitual
07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
The Centri runs carts no problem, 100%give.

cagelavey
07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
give machines that work with t-tech that I know of are: halo(return the stay up spring, the same with any machine on this list), vivace, gen 8, whip, diablo, prodigy, hyper, etc. I think most will work great with them as long as there is a strong motor and the stay up spring is removed. these are the give machines I have tried with t-tech, some were my machines others were co-workers, but they all performed.

OwlsDen
07-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Inkjecta specific runs carts awesome and has adjustable give.

bretttattoos
07-15-2014, 08:53 PM
The specific is a fast little booger. I love mine with the combo Cheyenne grip for bng and blending but can't line with it to save my life. I like a 4mm for lining and shorter for everything else . I'm really interested in reading more opinions in the ongoing "give vs. no give" debate. I used dd's for a while along with a couple kubins but now I think I need to try to find a machine that does everything the way I want as I want to move to all cartridge and quit collecting so many machines that I try and give up on . I would love to have a flite but don't want it to become another dust collector.

bluerocker
07-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Found it...3 mm rigid bar 13 lining...12v colour...11v shading...fuck give lol

slicksteel
07-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Thats what I say about give-throw a soft silicone grom on and open the eyelet up a small amount and you have the perfect give you need for line or boney parts for most machines. Other then that actual give of skin tension is all you need.
All the sic artist out today doing groundbreaking work pretty much use no give machine or give machines tighten down to the point of only slight damping. I think its better like franco has been preaching for years-your hands are making it happen with applied techniques and feel. I think builders had to hype up the give factor as people were so used to coils having it. And that was a selling point to make people want to buy and try them-it got the ball a rolling.

fkirons
07-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Fixed or direct drive + Customer Skin + hand technique is the best give out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peezie
07-18-2014, 06:26 AM
I feel you guys are correct to a point and that point only applies to the rotaries that are available now. I don't think give is a gimmick at all but I do think the rotaries out right now don't have the right kind of give. Some are close. Have you ever opened up your give and felt it hit like your well tuned coil? Hell no. I think the holy grail would be to match coil give. Because if what you guys are saying is true, then the most efficient way a coil user would use his machine is cranked all the way up to the point of no give and then work off the skin with different hand pressure which any coil user will tell you that that is false. Coils are also used to do groundbreaking work and have been way longer than rotaries and by more people. So im saying you guys are correct for now with the rotaries available. Rotaries have a lot of room to evolve for sure. Just my humble opinion.

Panos tattoo
10-06-2014, 02:39 AM
I feel you guys are correct to a point and that point only applies to the rotaries that are available now. I don't think give is a gimmick at all but I do think the rotaries out right now don't have the right kind of give. Some are close. Have you ever opened up your give and felt it hit like your well tuned coil? Hell no. I think the holy grail would be to match coil give. Because if what you guys are saying is true, then the most efficient way a coil user would use his machine is cranked all the way up to the point of no give and then work off the skin with different hand pressure which any coil user will tell you that that is false. Coils are also used to do groundbreaking work and have been way longer than rotaries and by more people. So im saying you guys are correct for now with the rotaries available. Rotaries have a lot of room to evolve for sure. Just my humble opinion.
this is dead on what i believe.i had a conversation with dan kubin on a give system that perfectly mimics the coil give.he found it interesting and very similar to the sidewinders system.i dont know if he will use the idea or throw it to the trash because of the similarity of another machine he built but he said he was impressed by my idea and thought as i am not a builder.for me its a big compliment by a builder like dan kubin.

Panos tattoo
10-06-2014, 02:46 AM
propably this is the reason that there are a lot of die hard coil funs.the day the rotaries have the give system of coil machines it will be the day that coils will just rest in a show room and take them out for a ride like classic cars on sunday mornings.

Cyberitual
10-06-2014, 03:19 AM
http://youtu.be/ElhpDCcUxho you cant get any more give then the Centri.

Ofeloner
10-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I was reading this all, very interesting,, and I was think, the Centri machines are all give, and they run amazing! I can't explain how it works in detail, but it does everything it should do ,I can't wait for the cobra to come out, I have a feeling that's gonna be the big time all out game changer.the centri allready lines, packs color, and shades with ease, and ontop of that it is so mutch more painless and heals faster then anything else out there, best color saturation I've ever gotten. jmho..