PDA

View Full Version : Finally ready to introduce the Raptor

Pages : [1] 2

peezie
07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Pictured here are 3 raptors and swapped faces. The tensioner is a cock back tensioner. Pull back and it locks in. Push forward and it locks in and works like a rubber band. No screwing or unscrewing. 2 types of pistons shown here. The purple one has a solid piston and the others have adjustable pistons. The potruding portion on the top face protects the tensioner and the nipple from ever getting damaged in case it drops. These aren't standard colors, these are custom for the first batch and wont be made like this except on special occasions. 5 stroke settings with some adjustments but you don't need to install any extra parts. 2.5-4.7 stroke settings. This is not swash driven like almost all other vertical rotaries. Taking pre orders for 450$ and this will include 2 faces and one body. The 2 faces will be an adjustable piston and a solid piston. So 1 each. This is a public testing phase to get feedback. Official launch I'm shooting for September but may push it back as I make everything here by myself and it is a lot of work. Lead time right now is 3 to 4 weeks max. Could possibly start shipping some in 2 weeks. Only taking a limited amount of orders. In the process of taking a video so you can see how it runs. 3 years of R&D to make this and it has been tiresome. Building this machine has cost me a lot. Not just financially. I hope you guys appreciate the effort as I wanted this to be solid. Hits very different from other rotaries thanks to the mass of the pistons. The internal piston on the adjustable is 5/16 like your tube stem. The solid piston is 3/8 and weighs a little more than the adjustable piston. Yes it pushes carts too. Earlier prototypes were made to test the mechanics and these are the final ones with all the bells and whistles like adjustable stroke, detachable face, cock back tensioner. If anyone is interested hit me up. I accept paypal only at this time. I do have a waiting list but I won't contact anyone until I have machines in hand and that will be after this first batch which wont be many. After this batch I have to tool up to streamline the process. You'll have to be on the waiting list which is more than a month and a half of work so you'll have to wait at least 2 months if you don't get in on this first batch. I want to say thanks to Throwhammers, he's been waiting a couple months patiently without bugging me lol and his machine has been paid for thanks to an auction benefit he donated for. Thanks for your patience bro. You'll have one of the first ones. I'm gonna add 2 more color schemes in the next week so you don't need to choose colors now. I anodize in house so anything goes when it comes to colors on this first batch. Tensioner wheel will be slightly different and the adjustable screw on the piston will be different in case anyone is wondering. The drive mechanism has been tested for months and is solid. Thanks for your time. Any questions just ask. More pictures coming and a video soon.

peezie
07-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Button on the bottom releases the face. Locks in tight so no unwanted movement.

peezie
07-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Testing colors as we speak.

Patrick
07-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Those look AWESOME!

Machined Ink
07-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Can't wait to check out a video!

asA
07-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Can I get one yet!!!!???haha. Been waiting for this machine. Looks so amazing. Glad to see some different/unique finishes.

gautam
07-16-2014, 01:52 AM
killa look man :)
respect peezie...

OwlsDen
07-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Look great, I really like the spattered color on the rear body parts. Congrats

throwhammers
07-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Those look amazing! Im sure it will be worth the wait!

cagelavey
07-16-2014, 02:44 AM
I love the purple and green one, reminds me of the joker, lol. these look amazing. and the fact that you get two face plates, giving you the option on give/no give and having the adjustable stroke, is spectacular! I hope you make these for a long while, id love to get one in a couple months. really anxious to hear feed back on these, and check out a vid. whats the sound like on these?

darkness
07-16-2014, 06:00 AM
One for me :-) please ....

fkirons
07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Really cool bro. I remember seeing your early prototypes. Always good to see hard working builders investing the time and money they need to come up with something new and reliable, rather than going the easy way. Best of luck with the machine.

No Iron Machines
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Amazing....congratulations

peezie
07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Thank you guys for the words of support. I appreciate it. I need to clarify some things as I've been getting a couple PMs. This small first batch is a first come first served basis for early support and these will be custom anodized finish which wont be available except maybe on special occasions. 2 faces and 1 body for 450$+shipping which is 10$ US and 15$ international sent as gift since it's a small run so not too worried about doing that. If you are interested in getting on this first batch there is a 3 to 4 week lead time max. Enough time to reverse paypal in case you are worried I wont deliver but I assure you I will be on time as my reputation is at stake. If you want to wait until machines are in hand you will have to wait until I take care of everyone on the waiting list which is 2 months out. I wont be contacting anyone on that list yet until this first batch is done and shipped. Anyone who has posted on the old thread is on that list but i wont be adding anymore people to it. People on the list will still get it for this price even if they don't get in on this first batch. People on the list wont get the special finishes though as this is only for early support. This is a public testing price and the final price wont be set until later but wont include 2 faces. I will post up some videos soon after I finish putting together some machines for the locals who have been supporting me through this process by testing. Yes you can buy faces and bodies separately later on. I machine everything here myself so if there are any issues I will personally resolve them in a reasonable amount of time. If anyone is interested please send me a PM here or on facebook or you can email me at [email protected] to get approved and get my paypal info. The sound is not too loud and weighs slightly over 4oz. A lot quieter than a coil machine. Thanks for your time and support. Thank you to everyone who has already bought one, I really appreciate you taking a chance on me.

Pinhas
07-16-2014, 07:54 PM
congratulations good job the machines are beautiful

Jack Steel
07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
im honoured i was the first to see it
its still one of my favourite machines out here on this big globe
+105 points for you buddy , talk soon

Cyberitual
07-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Wow cool looking machine, i remember when people laughed at my rollbar type protection for the armature bar in my first centri from dropping or damage. Thats cool to see it something simular, nice!

Heath
07-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Very awesome looking machine. No one has said it but to me, it looks as if you've poured an insane amount of money into this already. Beautiful machines, it'll be awesome for a US based builder doing something competitive for Stigma. What type of motors are in these?

peezie
07-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks Jack, Mike and everyone for the kind words. Heath, this ain't a competition brotha hahaha. Stigma raised the bar and Artemis invented the first rotary give machine so much respect to him. The motors are 5.2 watt portescap motors(according to the data sheet). The reason I'm using these motors is because they run at their optimum range of efficiency. So you can run 12v for lining and 9-10v for shading. Though this can change and that's why I want to get these into peoples hands to get more feedback. The locals are doing great with them so haven't had the need to change motors. Thank you everyone for the interest.

tatu richie
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
i like these ,

nathan bauer
07-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Lookin forward to give these machines a go.

DougHardy
07-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Really slick design! I have to say as a guy who's been around our weird craft for so many years, it's really fun to see new ideas and executions of machines!

cagelavey
07-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I do really love this design, it kind of looks like what the bez overkill machine should have been. looks real solid and high quality! I only say the comparison, because I was real excited about the overkill then found out that the internal parts are plastic and not very impressive. this machine looks like it would run a hundred years! lol

asA
07-25-2014, 04:34 PM
I wanna see a video!!!

peezie
07-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the comments and interest. Will get a video up asap. Probably monday. Spending time with the family this weekend as they've missed me working at the shop long hours everyday for the past month trying to knock these out. Time for a break before I really get to work. Still a one man show here and no parts are farmed out to other shops. Yup, all internal parts are stainless steel here. No plastic except for the outer portion of the adjustable piston assembly. Also working on a demonstration video of me doing a tattoo from start to finish but that wont be ready for another month and a half or so. Can't just talk the talk, gotta walk the walk. Also, thanks to everyone that has bought one so far, really shows you have faith. I appreciate it. Still some available for this small first batch if anyone is interested send me a pm. Lead time for this batch is now a little over 2 weeks and is on schedule. Thanks

jasonadelinia
08-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Any update on this?

peezie
08-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Ok, so swamped I haven't had time to do anything else except make parts. Apologies. Almost done with these and will post pictures and video real soon. First batch is about to be shipped out soon. Finished all the internal steel parts and I'm finishing up all the bodies and faces and covers. Long week ahead. Thanks everyone for your patience. Here's a picture of some the parts I'm finishing up. In the center of the picture is the heart of the transmission. Can you guess the drive mechanism? That part allows stroke adjustment with the 5 settings.
About 3 left on this batch going out if anyone else is interested pm me. Thanks everyone who has bought one or who has shown interest. More info coming soon. There is a lot you guys don't know about this machine that will surprise you but I'll let everyone discover it when they get the machine. Don't want to ruin any surprises. Ok now, back to work for me to hurry up and get these out.

peezie
08-20-2014, 09:10 PM
yea, don't know why the picture is showing up so small. Apologies

peezie
08-20-2014, 09:16 PM

peezie
08-20-2014, 09:20 PM

nivek
08-20-2014, 10:24 PM
AARRGHH !me want try !!!

reigningink
08-21-2014, 08:45 AM
This made my day. Can't wait to get mine and try these out.

sammyfrog75
08-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Nor can I! Bought mine two weeks ago, All I'm waiting for is an e-mail telling me my machine has been sent :)......

DougHardy
08-24-2014, 12:18 PM
By the way, are you going to have them at the Bay Area convention by chance? I keep forgetting you are in San Jose.

peezie
08-25-2014, 02:15 AM
Hi Doug, I won't have a booth but I'm going to talk to Taki to see about letting some artist run some of these to get some feedback. Hoping he can twist Shige's arm to try it out. Not ready for anything official yet though. Will you have a booth or just attending? When the time comes I can let you know who's running the machines and you can stop by the booth and I'll give them a heads up you wanna check it out and if you have a booth I can let you run them for the weekend.

asA
08-25-2014, 02:36 PM
This is killing me.. I wanna tattoo with this thing already!!!

tattooange
08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
nice machine Peezie !

S_Trofatter
08-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Hi Doug, I won't have a booth but I'm going to talk to Taki to see about letting some artist run some of these to get some feedback. Hoping he can twist Shige's arm to try it out. Not ready for anything official yet though. Will you have a booth or just attending? When the time comes I can let you know who's running the machines and you can stop by the booth and I'll give them a heads up you wanna check it out and if you have a booth I can let you run them for the weekend.

i saw a video where Gogue said something about Shige not even letting him bring his cheyennes to his shop in Japan. So I dont think hes down with the rotaries.

peezie
08-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Should be done this week with more pics coming before then. You are correct S_tro hence the twisting arm comment lol. Well, finalizing some things with that convention and might have a display up with some machines available. I'll let you guys know tomorrow in case anyone is going. Ok back to work to finish this batch. Gotta hurry up and get it out this week.

peezie
08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Apologies for running behind guys. I know how it is waiting. Been working long nights to finish. There are some features I haven't disclosed yet but I'll let you guys be surprised with those features. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

Patrick
08-26-2014, 09:54 AM
I don't think there's any need to apologize, Peezie. I'd, personally, rather wait a bit longer and have you satisfied with what you're sending out. That being said, I can't wait to fire mine up! :)

peezie
09-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks Bizarro for that and thanks to everyone for their patience. Here's an update before I do a real update later today also. I'm getting some machines put together to show some examples so people can pick colors so I got a long day ahead but here's some pics of whats ahead. All bodies are ready to be colored. Figured I give a taste of what's in store for you early supporters. Thanks again to everyone who's bought one or who has shown interest. Means a lot. And thanks for your patience. More pics coming later today and I'll explain the color options. Thanks.

These are everyones raw bodies finished and ready to be anodized.

ATS
09-04-2014, 07:02 PM
looking fantastic.... kudos!!!

Justink
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Look great :)

throwhammers
09-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Really excited about these! can't wait to try one out. Super impressed that you handle everything in house too!

Ofeloner
09-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Hey Peezy..what shop are you from in San Jose??.

reigningink
09-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Ever felt like an alcoholic waiting for the corner store to open.... that's how I feel, can't wait to get my fix with one of these beauties

serial1313
09-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Ever felt like an alcoholic waiting for the corner store to open.... that's how I feel, can't wait to get my fix with one of these beauties Hahaha! I know how it feels now. I'm getting excited about this machine!

cagelavey
09-05-2014, 03:31 PM
cant wait to hear how these things preform, looks like the first real inventive machine in a min (drive system wise, anyway.) I love how you can change out the bodies too. cant wait to get some feed back on these!

hellraiser6662
09-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Thank you guys for the words of support. I appreciate it. I need to clarify some things as I've been getting a couple PMs. This small first batch is a first come first served basis for early support and these will be custom anodized finish which wont be available except maybe on special occasions. 2 faces and 1 body for 450$+shipping which is 10$ US and 15$ international sent as gift since it's a small run so not too worried about doing that. If you are interested in getting on this first batch there is a 3 to 4 week lead time max. Enough time to reverse paypal in case you are worried I wont deliver but I assure you I will be on time as my reputation is at stake. If you want to wait until machines are in hand you will have to wait until I take care of everyone on the waiting list which is 2 months out. I wont be contacting anyone on that list yet until this first batch is done and shipped. Anyone who has posted on the old thread is on that list but i wont be adding anymore people to it. People on the list will still get it for this price even if they don't get in on this first batch. People on the list wont get the special finishes though as this is only for early support. This is a public testing price and the final price wont be set until later but wont include 2 faces. I will post up some videos soon after I finish putting together some machines for the locals who have been supporting me through this process by testing. Yes you can buy faces and bodies separately later on. I machine everything here myself so if there are any issues I will personally resolve them in a reasonable amount of time. If anyone is interested please send me a PM here or on facebook or you can email me at [email protected] to get approved and get my paypal info. The sound is not too loud and weighs slightly over 4oz. A lot quieter than a coil machine. Thanks for your time and support. Thank you to everyone who has already bought one, I really appreciate you taking a chance on me.
Yea i would love to have a go with is to support your build...well done looks a nice little number.... Send us your PayPal account.

peezie
09-19-2014, 07:16 PM
I want to thank everyone for your support. You guys have been super patient with me and I am truly grateful. Your reward is a more solid design after some major changes. Good news is that you can pick your colors now. All the parts are ready to be anodized. Please visit my site which I set up to streamline keeping people up to date with progress. One more thing before you check out the site. So word has been getting around to the local artists around here and has gotten the attention of some major players in the biz. Long story short. I will be at the bay area tattoo convention at the Death Before Dishonor booth. I'll have a display up and machines to try out and for sale. Cost to me, 0$. Very supportive bunch of people who don't even know me. I am very grateful. No need to kickback anything either as they know I've been developing this machine for years with no income and have wiped out my savings. Very supportive community indeed. You guys have been very supportive also and I just want to say thanks. Means more to me than you know. Now go pick your colors. http://www.customtattoomachines.com/pages/pictures follow the instructions. Thanks for your time.

hellraiser6662
09-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Yea i cant wait. Well done to you. And may the machine goddess shine down on your little machine baby.

sammyfrog75
09-20-2014, 10:48 AM
What about the PM we had about color choice. Is it still ok or do I have to go on the site and choose them again?

peezie
09-20-2014, 12:21 PM
You are all good Sammy.

cagelavey
09-20-2014, 12:30 PM
I can not wait to see a vid of this machine in action. did I miss one ? is there one? lol. id love to see this thing run. seriously check this thread everyday just to see if ive missed a video yet, lol

sammyfrog75
09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Awesome!!!! hopefully you don't get sick of hearing it but take it in a good way, I can't freaking wait!!! I haven't been this excited about the release of a machine for a while... And it looks like a solid piece of kit..... I wish you the best in sealing a great deal to secure a future full of new and exciting crazy machine making.........Great stuff :)

peezie
09-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Had 2 people ask to post pictures I guess because they are too lazy to click on a link lol.

peezie
09-20-2014, 09:05 PM

reigningink
10-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Has anyone heard from peezie lately? I was joust wondering if anyone knows how these beauties are progressing.

artoftatt2
10-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Should be shipping from what I understand

DougHardy
10-27-2014, 01:41 PM
I just saw him yesterday at the Bay Area Tattoo Convention; he had a few units for demo purposes (as well as a couple prototypes of another upcoming machine that looks really nice). He said that orders are taking about 4 weeks to fulfill, and that orders are going out as soon as he can finish them. A lot of what takes so long is having to hand finish some very, very small parts that are involved with the clutch.
Overall, I really like Raptor's design, and the hit really feels great. He had a couple of different set ups, needle bar and cartridge, and the Raptor had absolutely no problem with either. It's a bit heavier than some rotaries out there, but the balance is really nice, so I don't think that will be a problem for most people. The finish is really nice, and all the parts are great quality. Overall, I think these are going to be a winner.

Mission Tattoo
10-29-2014, 12:48 PM
I was able to talk to Paul for a few min about the machine and there is a technical beauty about it, but not over designed the way that it works is awesome and the craftsmanship is top notch , I don't want to give anything away but I do see this machine pushing the envelope of what can be done with a fully adjustable machine

nathan bauer
11-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Has anyone gotten a machine (or any real jnfo) yet...

reigningink
11-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Not yet. But I'm sure peezie is doing all he can to make the needed adjustments and get them out to us fast as he can without sacrificing quality

nathan bauer
11-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Sure would.like an update.

reigningink
11-23-2014, 09:47 PM
I second that. Anything from this builder would be nice.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
This post is gonna have to say after 4 YEARS OF R&D....HAVE A FEELING I GETTING RIPPED OFF AGAIN.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 10:26 AM
I payed in july...I just want my money back at this point...but I don't see that happening.

nivek
11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
contact him through the website, or email. He said he'd refund money if one wasn't happy with the machines, he seems like a decent guy. Plus I am sure there are people that will take the machines you dont want. There still is a lot of interest in them, they have been improved and modified over the past few months.

I myself am hitting my limit, due to time. But I am still hoping.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 10:36 AM
I have no machine to sell.he doesn't answer....I'm really sick of excuses at this poi t.they were supposed to be anodized quite a long time ago....

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I feel like Public Enemy...Don't believe the hype!

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 11:01 AM
I emailed and messaged.we wi see.i will keep other apprised of situation...but once again not too hopeful..

hellraiser6662
11-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Well its a one man band and I'm assuming it's taking a while to get things done and put together. He's not wanting a half finished machine put out and the first 50 was on a special offer to those who could wait. Look back a read the thread there is no promises on when it will be done or time scale. Yes he should be keeping us in the loop but I'm sure he's doing his best. I would like to get a great machine than a unfinished product.

throwhammers
11-24-2014, 12:47 PM
If you are worried about getting ripped off, or about setbacks to building a new machine or about a release date, then don't get involved in the pre-pay pre-release of a new machine. Wait until it's finished and out on the market.

I've been waiting (patiently) since February. I'm not worried about it. It's not keeping me from working and i can spare the money. That's why i got involved. As someone pointed out, the process is a one man show. The builder has responded to me whenever I messaged him. I had one of his coils and it was super nice. If you can't afford to get in on the pre-release, or can't stand to wait, then, as I said, wait for the machine to be released and get in on the second round.

When it's ready, it should be a killer machine. I've jumped on a couple of machines before they were out and tested and ended up with a machine full of problems. I'd rather wait and have it be perfect.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 12:53 PM
He said they were anodizing 2 months ago.quite making excuses for him send me $460 and you can wait for the machine.i have been told 2 weeks 2 weeks for months now. I paid in JULY!!!! I just want my money back...I don't care how long it takes him to work I out all the kinks.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 12:57 PM
He did say 3 weeks or was that just me....

hellraiser6662
11-24-2014, 01:32 PM
I too isn't worried and like throwhammers said if you can't wait don't get involved with the 1st release. I'm not making excuses for anyone but I've got my flitev2 s so I'm not being stopped from working. Not only that he's gave each person the personal choice of anodizing colours, not you are all having black which would have been a better and quicker choice. All 50 of us have paid back in July we are all in the same boat and wait is all we can do. And if one machine takes a day to make that's 50 work days, waiting on parts to be anodised to your own spec. It takes time. People have seen the machine at conventions working it's not a computer image you paid up front for. So stop winning contact him get your money back and let someone else take your place who's willing to wait.

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Send me money then.your opinion does not make me feel any less lied to or ripped off...

nathan bauer
11-24-2014, 01:59 PM
contact him get your money back and let someone else take your place who's willing to wait.[/QUOTE]

I have tried several times !

reigningink
11-24-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not worried about waiting. No big deal for me. But the lack of replies to emails, or any updates on his site or on here is what's got me a little worried. I trust peezie though. So i will be patient and hope for the best.

hellraiser6662
11-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks Bizarro for that and thanks to everyone for their patience. Here's an update before I do a real update later today also. I'm getting some machines put together to show some examples so people can pick colors so I got a long day ahead but here's some pics of whats ahead. All bodies are ready to be colored. Figured I give a taste of what's in store for you early supporters. Thanks again to everyone who's bought one or who has shown interest. Means a lot. And thanks for your patience. More pics coming later today and I'll explain the color options. Thanks.

These are everyones raw bodies finished and ready to be anodized.
This is dated early Sept. The body's haven't even been built yet or even coloured. like I've sead before if it takes 1 day to build one machine 50 machines you are looking at 50 working days. you are looking around the next few weeks to start seeing complete machines being delivered. And that's if nothings gone wrong. Yes he sould keep us in the loop and thats wrong not to but some people are crap at that admin stuff.

fkirons
11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
I think that what the guys are asking here is not unreasonable. Keeping in touch with your customers (even through hard times in the biz) is the best way to gain trust and ensure a successful survival of the business, especially when you are just starting out. I think the complain in here is not so much about the time he needs to accomplish his builds but instead the lack of communication with the supporters that are helping him to launch his first production product.

I'm sure he will fulfill all orders and that perhaps he is extremely overwhelmed. I know what it is to think you have a finished product just to find out that you need more time to redesign parts, and in some situations, start over again!.
But again, it will be nice to hear from him and see how the project is going.

I have been following this project since his first post have chatted with him. He has has put a lot of hours and resources into this project.

I am not worry about my deposit, I know he'll give us an update soon. Perhaps this needed to be pointed out by several members so he can take this subject into consideration and improve this aspect of the business in the future.

No Iron Machines
11-25-2014, 04:15 PM
i never ever agree with preorder stuff, in any business......

tttat2
11-26-2014, 11:14 AM
I think he'll send it out sooner or later since so many people know him. He told me he'll send it out over 2 months ago and every 2 weeks or so I get an email same thing . He did return my call but we do have the same area code number, same thing. I've given up and just hope it'll happen.

sammyfrog75
11-29-2014, 09:28 AM
yeah i think it's just rude not to keep anyone updated. If he just said, guys things went wrong and there's gonna be a large delay i would've said fair enough, but I did write to him sometime ago (i think 1 month and a half or so)to find out roughly when he thought it would be sent out, and no reply.
I've just asked for a refund and will keep that money for either the xion or another flite v2.......

Dreviltattoo
11-29-2014, 10:45 AM
it took me 8 months to get my nuemas back in the day and one came without an air fitting becuase they were out of em. I got the run around constantly and was straight up lied to. I'll never give them another dime. I just pre-ordered the centri even though i was looking at this. it reminded me of the nuema situation so it turned me off. And centri had an exact ship date and threw in the foot switch even though i ordered 4 days before the ship date.

reigningink
11-30-2014, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to stay possative. ..but now I really wish I had pre-ordered a centri. I've always had great customer service and I love the machine. Bummer that I missed out. I'm thinking of requesting a refund on my raptor. Sammyfrog75, old you keep us posted on whether or not you are able to get your money back?

Ofeloner
11-30-2014, 02:10 PM
I dunno if you guys watched the videos he made, they wer on facebook, he said on there that he will not be writing anything more on the internet, and he won't be doing updates because he felt so bad about the updates that he had made that didn't fall through..he did say tho that if anyone wanted to speak with him, not to do so over the computer,,and to just CALL HIM,.

No Iron Machines
11-30-2014, 03:20 PM
but exeixt someone have this machine on his hands ?????

on his FACEBOOK page many people post about they want refaund money, weird

carlosbarraza
11-30-2014, 04:53 PM
I have a order In with him it is said to be delivered on monday I also have a photo of it. I know he was having a hell of a time fitting the Pistons and was hand fitting them. I will post pics and a small review.

Thanks carlos

sammyfrog75
12-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah call him, because it, s that easy when you live on the other side of the world. So what I, m suppose to get up in the middle of the night and call him because he can, t be arsed dealing with it over an email.
He was pretty damn quick at asking money for pre-orders but now we, re not good enough to be dealt with personally because of HIS fuck up, not ours.... thats rich........
I, d like admin to join us in this discussion and tell us what they think...........

Dreviltattoo
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I have a order In with him it is said to be delivered on monday I also have a photo of it. I know he was having a hell of a time fitting the Pistons and was hand fitting them. I will post pics and a small review.

Thanks carlosso did it show today?

reigningink
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey Carlos. Did your machine come in? Any news?

carlosbarraza
12-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Well no machine in the mail box today. I had talked to him on monday morning was told it was going in the mail that Tuesday. We live 1.5 hours apart so it should be here. I have not had any contact with him since. I do have all the pertinent info for him and his business as far as location and mailing. I have told him that I was moving the shop to a different location but same town and really need to know when I will have it. I will call him in the next hour and let you know. I'm also growing tired of this waiting game.

carlosbarraza
12-03-2014, 03:59 PM
So just as I finished hitting post my phone rand and it was paul (raptor rotary) he said it was ready to go and was sorry for the delay. He is sending me a conf number today so as soon as I receive the number I'll let you guys know and when I get the machine I'll take a few pics and a small video

carlosbarraza
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM
So no numbers yet as was promised by Paul also no text. It is 6:37 my time way past mail office time. Not to happy

Ofeloner
12-04-2014, 01:33 AM
Damnz. :(

carlosbarraza
12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
UPDATE machine is in the mail and on its way to me via tracking number I will take photos and a small video of it. Tracking says monday

reigningink
12-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Awesome to hear Carlos. I hope this is the beginning of a good thing

carlosbarraza
12-06-2014, 10:21 PM
So I had words with the mail man and got my machine hahaha pics and demo will follow on monday I have a few pics on Facebook

carlosbarraza
12-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Sorry only on cell phone till then but face book is carlosbarraza

cagelavey
12-08-2014, 06:25 PM
WENT TO facebook, no pics of raptor? unless im missing something?

hellraiser6662
12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Carlosbarraza has put a vid on his facebook page. And talks about it on there.

OwlsDen
12-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Carlosbarraza has put a vid on his facebook page. And talks about it on there.

I added him, but via the mobile app I can't find it.

tatu richie
12-09-2014, 02:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/388585697876410/

jctats
12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I don't see anything on the FB page either.

nathan bauer
12-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Did anyone get machine .or an email back?

brandonmull
12-11-2014, 01:11 PM
This doesn't seem like a good way to things.

jasonadelinia
12-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Nothing for months from me. I've just given in to the fact that I may never hear anything. It would just be nice to be updated, not kept in the dark. I understand issues arise with this sort of thing, but a simple " Sorry I've a lot of issues and delays, but will still provide" would be nice

reigningink
12-11-2014, 05:56 PM
I was able to text him last week. He replied to every text. He said he has sent some out last weekend, and should be getting many more out this week..and next week. That being said, I have not contacted him at all this week.

hellraiser6662
12-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Yep like I sead I've seen the vid carlos put up and he did say he's trying to get them out this week and the following weeks. So hold tight things maybe happening.

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
I cant find carlos vid? maybe im missing something?

fkirons
12-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Would love to receive mine too. Been following the progress on it and i can't imagine how much work went on it. Well I actually can 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlosbarraza
12-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Simple raptor video: http://youtu.be/lNVG19rRiKs

carlosbarraza
12-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Sorry for the delay I was not aware that it could not be found. It is just a basic video it seems a bit noisy but it is not that loud. I did speak with paul today and he has more stuff going in the mail this afternoon.

hellraiser6662
12-12-2014, 03:14 PM
It's always sounded like that if you find his other vids they sound very similar.

carlosbarraza
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM
When you turn the damping out it does get a bit louder but not as loud a coil

reigningink
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
How do you like the give? Does seem to be versatile? Does it get pretty soft on the dampening.

nivek
12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
has anyone else (other than Carlos) gotten theirs or a response yet ?

carlosbarraza
12-19-2014, 08:11 PM
hey im sorry for the delay i have been moving our current shop to another shop and it has been shitty. It does dampen nice and soft .

I really hope paul has talked and made good on his promises. I have talked to him within the last few days and have mentioned the names of the people on the forums that are wanting to talk to him. He did send my extra slider as he said.

nivek
12-19-2014, 08:32 PM
I havent heard back from him since our last chat... honestly I have concerns because if this lack of response is getting old. I mean he read my email.. why not mass reply.BUt i guess we'll see

jasonadelinia
12-20-2014, 04:31 AM
He also never responds to me, and I've not heard from him in months. Is this the new rotard? Maybe raptard? I feel very much ripped off, as I'm sure many others on here do. As I keep on saying, it only takes 10 mins to do a mail out to all pre orders to keep us up to date.

Ofeloner
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Has anyone received there machine besides Carlos?.and if they have then its very odd that nobody has said shit about how amazing this machine runs. :(.witch sucks.I had high hopes for this one.really wanted to get one.

brandonmull
12-20-2014, 03:04 PM
I can clearly see this is not one of the machines i will invest in.

tatu richie
12-20-2014, 03:04 PM
only carlos has gotten his, there is another guy that is really pissed bcause his phone calls arnt answered and hes in another country, ive tried to contact him as well

nivek
12-20-2014, 03:28 PM
I sent him a message and Carlos was nice enough to act as a go between as he was in contact with him at that time. I didn't not receive any response to my email until Carlos spoke to him, and I told him I am fine to wait as long as it is not more than a few more days until it was sent. It has been 10 days, 11 days now.

I have send him another e-mail, and will be calling him Monday.

It's been way too many "going out this week" for me with no updates since. He seems like a decent dude, and is wrapped in making sure its a good machine. But the lack of response has me seriously concerned with what communication would be like if there was a problem with the machine.

I was one of the people that kept saying give him time etc. But 4 months after payment and nothing.. the last word I heard from him directly was
"Thanks for the support. I'll keep you updated." In August...

darkness
12-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Here the same , i get never a feedback. I dont knowing wich color i get and i have only the PayPal order to knowing i have order any from him. Before i make the payment he was always fast responding - but after payment i have never get any info .

carlosbarraza
12-20-2014, 05:50 PM
This sucks man I put some pressure on him to get my machine because I was moving shops and taking a month off the get the new shop ready. I was worried about there being a different address to deliver to than the paypal payment. He had said to me at a point it was gonna be 2 weeks and I held him to it and called him a few times to make sure. I'm really not sure what the delay is on his end from what I was told this is his first priority. Im calling him on monday to make sure I got my slide that I missed in the mail from the move. I will if wanted mention any names of people wanting info.

tatu richie
12-20-2014, 05:54 PM
This sucks man I put some pressure on him to get my machine because I was moving shops and taking a month off the get the new shop ready. I was worried about there being a different address to deliver to than the paypal payment. He had said to me at a point it was gonna be 2 weeks and I held him to it and called him a few times to make sure. I'm really not sure what the delay is on his end from what I was told this is his first priority. Im calling him on monday to make sure I got my slide that I missed in the mail from the move. I will if wanted mention any names of people wanting info.

well for his sake i hope he makes it right with everyone, not kool

carlosbarraza
12-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Ya me to I was really thinking he was done and shipping as per his word.

darkness
12-20-2014, 07:59 PM
I have always wait and say ...let him work but i See no one info ,no updates in all the time. Thats not OK -i will see to get my money back ,because any here is wrong !

jasonadelinia
12-21-2014, 06:12 PM
I also wanted a refund but seeing as PayPal only give you 40 days or so I just presume it's a lost cause. It's a tough one.

fkirons
12-22-2014, 11:50 PM
I had a lot of expectations about this machine :( . Got a message a few months ago regarding color choice but nothing has showed up yet. Strange that he took the time to announce it and collect money for pre orders but no a single word after that. I have a hard time believing he will disappear. Most likely something happened... Hope we can hear some good news soon.

nivek
12-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Yes I hope he is alright, as I'm sure we all do. But this has gone way past any sort of a reasonable time for response to any of us. Not one message, not one update in a long time. Just "im sending them out next week" time and time agian.

Maybe I have been spoiled by the customer service from the likes of you and Dan Kubin, but... I don't think anyone is being unreasonable here, it has soured me on the whole preorder thing.

I'm trying to not come across as a whiny bitch here, hell I stood behind him and have been maybe too vocal about letting him have the time he needs, but it really seems disrespectful knowing hes read my e-mails and has yet to respond to one of them.

Cyberitual
12-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Maybe he is in jail for a bit. Possibility...

reigningink
12-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Has anyone successfully gotten a refund of their money? At this point I'm tired of waiting. And I'm even more worried about customer service if the machine isn't working properly. If anyone has gotten their money back, could you please message me what channels you went through to do so. I would really appreciate it.

nathan bauer
12-23-2014, 11:09 AM
We all got burned.i got a Facebook message from a guy saying that he finally got contact with "peezie" .he said he had no money for refunds...we all just got robbed...and like the like stated above, we will have no recourse when they don't perform and we need repairs...thanks for stealing from us...THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED YOU!!!

nathan bauer
12-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Time for him to sell all his machining tools.and give us back our money!

nickriveratattoo
12-23-2014, 12:36 PM
We all got burned.i got a Facebook message from a guy saying that he finally got contact with "peezie" .he said he had no money for refunds...we all just got robbed...and like the like stated above, we will have no recourse when they don't perform and we need repairs...thanks for stealing from us...THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED YOU!!!

It is 2 days before Christmas and, like most people, I am sure this isn't the calmest time of the year. I am personally withholding my opinions and calling him till a bit after the new year. We all have families and obligations to meet around this time, and blowing him up now certainly isn't improving the chances of things speeding up.

Maybe I am weird, but that money I sent him is out of sight, out of mind. I don't want to have been wasted, but if I wait another 3 months for this machine, it doesn't really affect me, you know? I don't think I have been ripped off, I just think he is a bit over his head trying to get these together.

Like any other start-up, I am sure he burned through that money for materials, changes, updates, unexpected issues, equipment etc. I wouldn't expect him to be sitting on a stack of it ready to give back.

For as intricate as the machine seems to be for a single builder, in comparison to bolting some stuff together and making a DD, that he doesn't want to see this thing completed. We have a couple people that have at least got their machine, every video he has shown has had dozens of the machines in various stages of production. I still think it will all happen... just slowly.

That's my 2 cents. Let it ride till the holiday's have calmed down and have a good holiday yourself.

Jack Steel
12-23-2014, 12:43 PM
something is deff. wrong here
i know paul 'peezie' a bit , and i havent gotten in contact for some months now, we normally talk every week or so
i didnt even buy a machine from him , so no reason for avoiding me swell ...

i know he is a man of his word , maybe except for the delivery dates and all ...
i've never been burned by him in the past

i hope you guys get your stuff !

cheers

nivek
12-23-2014, 01:33 PM
It's my opinion that he may have underestimated the work it would take to get these to where he wants them. The only real issue for me is the lack of response, that got me worried.

HOWEVER that is good advice.

The mood has changed from annoyance to anger, in here and I hope that will get a response from him. I have no idea why there is a part of me that always wants to give people the benefit of the doubt. I may have hit my patience limitation, but that doesn't means hes trying to rip us off, he may just have a lot more to do that he expected.

reigningink
12-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Agreed. I don't believe he is trying to rip anyone off. And in honesty I do believe we all will get our promised machine. I'm just getting a bit tired of waiting....

throwhammers
12-23-2014, 02:41 PM
There is a small update on the blog portion of the valient metalworks website... he gives a very brief explanation of why he's behind, offers an apology and his thanks for everyones support and patience and says the official launch will be in january.

asA
12-23-2014, 02:45 PM

skinmech
12-23-2014, 03:41 PM
What puzzles me is he last visited this site on the 29th of October, and this was the place where he "launched" the Raptor...I would have thought he would be on here at least once a week, just to keep the "investors" informed...

throwhammers
12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
yeah, it would only make sense to jump on here occasionally. If
only to let people know he's still working on it (and not in jail).

It really makes no sense not to.

nivek
12-23-2014, 04:29 PM

If you are listening to Tresmarias Rotary would take anything that dude says with a grain of salt. Hes been flapping his lips non stop with negative shit from day one.

skinmech
12-23-2014, 04:37 PM
My main concern would not be the rumours or speculation, but the simple, unexplainable fact, that he has not got back to anyone through this forum...As I said, he has not been on here for 7 WEEKS....I am sorry, but, no one is that busy....

nathan bauer
12-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I really hope he ain't in jail or the hospital. I mean it's 450 bucks.but this doesn't feel like that kind of situation...

nivek
12-23-2014, 07:06 PM
He isn't - that we would have heard about

peezie
12-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone, Paul here from Valiant Metal Works. I'm here to give everyone an update as to what is going on. I want to touch base
on a couple of things and inform you guys where I'm at in regards to delivery of your machines which I know you've paid good
money for. First off, you guys deserve more than what I've been giving in regards to being up to date and informed with the
status of your machines. Talk is cheap and integrity and trust is worth more than anything. That is something that I haven't
been giving and something that I've been losing and possibly lost with a lot of you. Saying something and not following through is
not right regardless of intention or expectation. You guys are justified in how you feel and I'm not going to defend myself
and give you excuses. Whenever I gave anyone times or dates for shipping, I did expect and intend to do so at those times. But
like I said, expectation and intention means nothing really and for that I am sorry. You are right to feel wronged if you feel that
way. You are right to feel cheated if you feel that way. I have been a douchebag in this debacle for sure. There are reasons for my actions
but none that are justified as they were selfish reasons. Reasons that had to do with me not stressing and just focusing on getting these done
and done right. I can honestly say that I have only been working on your machines non stop, everyday. No tattooing and no sidejobs. Im not running
off with anyone's money. I sold a batch of 25 and that's it. Since then I've had no income. So holding off on shipping your machines has cost me more
than you think. I'm not saying this to make you feel sorry for me. Simply stating where I'm at and what's going on. Shipping a couple machines out
before Xmas and then taking Xmas off. After that, shipping a couple every couple of days until it's all done. Total time frame should be within 2 to 3
weeks for everyone to have their machines. I don't want to give a solid date but I promise to keep you more informed on what's going on and that you'll have your
machines soon. For the people that want refunds, I'll take care of you when I can and I can't put an exact time on that but just know that it will be
as soon as possible as I've been borrowing money to get by. Again, not a good reason or excuse but just where I'm at with regards to that. I'll take care of that
within a reasonable amount of time and not months out. If you have contacted me about a refund through email or pm on here or FB I will contact you right after xmas.
In the future everything will all be explained as to what has been going on exactly but that is for another time. I'm not going to ask anything
from you guys in terms of understanding. I just have to do what needs to be done. I'll be in touch more like I should've been from the start.
I hold no ill will towards anyone. You guys are justified. Sorry for everything. Feel free to reply. I will answer everyone. I will be checking pms tomorrow.
I'm not in jail or hurt but the stress just hit me harder than a freight train. I brought this on myself.

brandonmull
12-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Well there ya go guys.

reigningink
12-24-2014, 12:25 AM
Thank you peezie.. this is what everyone wanted. I'm sure you have calmed some storms, including my own.

throwhammers
12-24-2014, 06:28 AM
thanks paul.

jctats
01-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Hey, guys! Any updates of other people getting Raptors yet?

darkness
01-15-2015, 05:49 PM
i get nothing ...only he can not pay any back or need some time to get the money - than i write i wait to get a machine and thats.

reigningink
01-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have any new info on their machines yet? 2/3 through January and I haven't heard anything yet

peezie
01-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Hi guys. Been shipping some machines every couple of days. Some people have gotten them. Some have asked if i want them to post an update of them receiving it. My stance is that i don't want to ask anyone to do anything on my behalf or to appease anyone for me but they are free to do as they want. Everyone will be getting their machines real soon is all I can say and that will depend where you're at on the order list. Thanks everyone for your patience.

reigningink
01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Thank you for the responce. Glad to hear they are going out and soon we can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

hellraiser6662
01-21-2015, 07:45 PM
May be in time for the opening of my new studio ooooosh..

jctats
01-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Has anyone got it yet though? Can anyone, apart from Carlos, give any feedback yet?

tatu richie
01-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Hi guys. Been shipping some machines every couple of days. Some people have gotten them. Some have asked if i want them to post an update of them receiving it. My stance is that i don't want to ask anyone to do anything on my behalf or to appease anyone for me but they are free to do as they want. Everyone will be getting their machines real soon is all I can say and that will depend where you're at on the order list. Thanks everyone for your patience.
thnx for the update man, excited to hear the feedback

fkirons
01-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Don't forget me! 😊

cagelavey
01-25-2015, 01:10 PM
I would definitely love to hear how these lil beauties are performing. also I think its bad ass that big builders like gaston support the start-ups, that's very commendable. been following the progress of this machine from the beginning, always had high hopes for this one

jctats
02-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi, everyone! As Peezie hasn't followed his promise to " keep you more informed on what's going on", I was wondering if anyone has got the machine apart from Carlos. He replied to the first message I sent him, afterwards- no luck.

"..taking Xmas off. After that, shipping a couple every couple of days until it's all done. Total time frame should be within 2 to 3
weeks for everyone to have their machines."

It sucks, if after the "time frame for everyone to have their machines" has passed already, and no one has received it yet.
Any thoughts/info?

Thanks!

sammyfrog75
02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Well, I got the same type of reply promising within 30 days but probably less i would get a refund but i got nothing. Again one week before the 30 days were over,
I ask him to just update me as to what was going on, not much to ask really as I said i didn't want to get my hopes high so just a little reply is all i asked and NOTHING!
I'm not surprised really. Ok the guy is busy, probably stressing out but at the end of the day, the fact that he was quick at taking my hard earned cash and lets be honest not forthcoming at all with the issues he's had and then again promised something he hasn't once more delivered........
ALL i'm asking for is an update and i reckon i deserve one just like anyone who's in the same predicament as mine........
Too much to ask? Most definately......

nivek
02-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I had a long conversation with him. Hes a good dude, my honest opinion is that his desire to create a good product is what's holding things up. Along the process he found he could make improvements, so he went back and made those improvements.

He's a good dude, seems very wrapped up in what hes doing, to the point of making his communication bad. Call him if you want an update - hes answered every time I have called.

tttat2
02-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I got mine a month and tattoo just 1 tattoo with it. Looks a little unfinished. No review really, feels like a hyper or same line. Not enough to review it. More importantly is all the other stuff to goes with this situation. Can't speak for him but I pressure him to send it out or I'll drive up and pick it up because of the same frustrations here. Don't know what he's got going, really bad communication and terrible situation going for him though. Probably just way over his head right now and he's just need to get someone to help him out to finish his project and get it over with. I'm sure you guys will be taken care of later then sooner though, but I don't think its on purpose or a scam of any kind.

sammyfrog75
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Hang on a sec, first I can't call him as I live on the other side of the world and it's middle of the night here. I emailed. Isn't it enough? Clearly not as I can,t get a reply. Again all I asked was if he was on schedule with the refund he promised within 30 days. I even said if it's not happening within 30 days to at least keep me updated...

I trusted a guy I didn't know because of this forum. Real sorry if I'm not hAppy when I'm told a promise he clearly can't hold.
it,s only fair that by now I'm expected my money back so I can put it forward to a trusted companie who's sending the goods when they say so.
Before all this I agreed fully with you guys about supporting the little guy but there's a limit...... Yeah I do feel like he's taking the piss and rightly so.......

nivek
02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Sorry, just offering what info I have and a suggestion, I'm sorry if an effort to help somehow made you feel you needed to justify yourself.

How dare I !!

throwhammers
02-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Of course you can call him. Maybe not right now, but you can certainly find a time when you are awake and he should be too (16 hours difference right?).

Yes, he should respond to emails, yes, he should respond to FB messages. But he doesn't. It's been said he answers when you call, so, if there is so much stress, call him.

Everyone is so bent out of shape about this thing... it was a pre-order. Of the first batch of a brand new machine. Being hand built by one guy in his garage/machine shop. This was not a secret.
Not having this machine is not keeping me (or I suspect any of you) from working. If it has, well, it's your own fault for ordering a machine that wasn't even in production yet.
I bought in because i had the money and it won't make or break me. Yes, it is taking WAY longer than he initially said. Whatever. Cheyenne pushed back the launch of their pen and they have more than 1 dude researching, designing, marketing, and producing them.

I also don't think pressuring him to send a machine before he is ready and then complaining that it seems unfinished is fair. Of course it seems a little unfinished, he was pressured to send it out early!

Guys, I hope he comes through for those of you who want your money back.
I got a message from him awhile back thanking me for being patient and telling me he would send one to me as soon as he had one ready since i was the first to pay for one.
I thanked him and told him that I wouldn't mind waiting longer if sending that machine out to someone else would pacify them. And I don't mind waiting. Hopefully that machine finds its way to one of you guys.

jctats
02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Great :) So it's at least 2 people who have it.. 23 left haha :D

Mission Tattoo
02-03-2015, 04:20 PM
I weighted more than 8 years on a custome build and am okay with that the machine was a gift and well with the weight, for those of you that paid up front with a supposed time of delivery is wrong on the builders part it does seem however that he is trying to make it right only tune and pathcence will tell

jasonadelinia
02-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Anyone hear anything about this? I'm still awaiting response. Just curious if anyone else has had machines/money back or if we are all still waiting?

darkness
02-20-2015, 10:42 AM
no , after the big trouble and the warm words from the builder to make it better is all the same - he have only a week showing he will make all better but after the week is all the same -but i have seen the machine for trade or sale on a tattoo page and some other the send it back - so some have get the machine or parts7

sammyfrog75
02-23-2015, 11:07 AM
He promised within 30 days he would refund the money back. That was at the beginning of January. I said cool but if it's not going to happen and it's going to take longer then to just drop a line...... Nothing. To be honest you shouldn't even think you'll get it back..... If it comes great otherwise well you lost money...... But he's a great guy appearently and how dare us complain about feeling ripped off when we have.....
What a world. We excuse the wrong people but slam the ones who did the right thing.... Go figures.......

brandonmull
02-23-2015, 06:15 PM
I am glad i didn't jump on this train, which i sure thought about!

artoftatt2
02-23-2015, 06:51 PM
I know for a fact no one is getting ripped off.. I would just take it as a lesson learned.. At least he's making sure everyone is getting a quality product and not putting something out their that is going to break or be upgraded to a better version in a month

sammyfrog75
02-24-2015, 08:59 AM
I, m actually talking about my refund. Thats honorable he wants to take more time to make it perfect but maybe he shoulda not promised for the second time something he knew he couldn, t honour...... and thats the refund I, m talking about........
Lesson learned..... don, t trust peoples word or promises. They mean shit!

fkirons
02-24-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm still waiting too :/ hurry or I'll gladly accept a refund no questions asked.

sammyfrog75
02-24-2015, 01:02 PM
If you do manage to talk to him can you ask him to contact everyone to let them know.....
then I can get my spectra edge x

artoftatt2
02-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Just ca him.. Number is on the website

nathan bauer
02-25-2015, 12:40 PM
I concur.i just want a refund as well. It's unfortunate, but after this long I don't have any faith in the system or when we need parts or repairs.

nivek
02-26-2015, 10:27 AM
If you do manage to talk to him can you ask him to contact everyone to let them know.....
then I can get my spectra edge x

To be honest I had a long talk with him, and I mentioned to him that the only real issue people were having was the lack of communication. I suggested that he make a bigger effort to let people know whats up, and he'll probably find things a lot better.

He has not...

sammyfrog75
03-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Look, any chance you could ask him whats happening with refunds? I live in australia and cant really call because of the time difference.....

reigningink
03-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Several people have requested refunds. I believe tha. He is currently short on funds and is giving refunds as funds come availible. But . Don't know of anyone who has got one yet. I could be wrong.

sammyfrog75
03-04-2015, 07:23 AM
I understand that but how difficult is it for him to just say that....... Instead he, s digging himself deeper into a pretty deep hole......

jctats
03-17-2015, 02:04 PM
yeah.. :(

fkirons
03-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Sad. Product looked promising and he got the support from many of us.
I was one of them. Please refund my money.
Thanks.

reigningink
03-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Has anyone actually got their refund yet? I have been holding out and holding out, hoping something would come of this. But I'm tapped out. Their are too many other machines I want and I'm tired of waiting. However, I don't want to go off and purchase another machine if refunds are not coming through. If anyone has received their money back, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

jasonadelinia
03-18-2015, 03:01 PM
I would say a refund will not be coming, forget about it and class it as a right off. If anyone paid via paypal as goods or service within the last 6 months you can still claim your money back. Call paypal, explain it was a pre order and they can help. Unfortunately I paid as gift as I have way too much faith in humans, so have no chance of a refund!

nivek
03-18-2015, 03:18 PM
I was lucky enough to put it through my cc - that is exactly why i'll eat the costs before I send as gift.

Its really too bad I had hopes for these and the guy seemed like a good guy. I still hold out hope he'll refund when he can.

darkness
03-20-2015, 07:08 PM
I think too -we have lost our hard earned money - and learning from them . Always no info ,he dont reply on phone and lie in every mail ...talk always the same but doing nothing . And now i personaly dont like this machine any more and dont like work with this shit. I have Seen machines for trade \sale ...so some get machines

brandonmull
03-20-2015, 07:57 PM
This is a tarnish on the industry for any people asking for help with starting up.bad stuff man.

brandonmull
04-16-2015, 04:54 PM
so is this still a dead situation? Has anyone received a machine?

jasonadelinia
04-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Raptard joins rotard

hellraiser6662
04-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Yep with all our money. Nice to fund people's lives with nothing in return. I think people would be fine waiting if he reported on how things was going... well how he's going to show his face at show and conventions with people knowing what he done.... karma is all I'm saying.. being in the UK I don't have a hope in hell in getting mine.. that money could been spent at fk irons and I would have received my machine..lesson learnt. Now that's put a damping on people buying into preproduction models to help them out.

sammyfrog75
04-16-2015, 09:53 PM
damn right. I was one to support the small guys trying to get a foot in but after having been ripped off and lied to i will back up the big guys. I'm in Australia so no hope to get mine back either. I did send admin a message to see if they could get hold of him and talk to him but i never heard back from them either, which is a shame because they have some sort of responsibility as well. They let the guy in and we took it as he's trustworthy and of course i know they can,t control him ripping us off
but being the mediator would be a good start.
I wonder how many got ripped off?

brandonmull
04-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Enough that he made a small fortune it seems.

fkirons
04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
This is my first time getting ripped off this way so openly. With so many people being ripped off at once this may be suitable for a class action lawsuit.

reigningink
04-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I was as patient as I could be. But I too have requested a refund. I'm starting to doubt I will ever see it. But if I do get it I will be able to afford a new direkt from Fk. I guess I can only hope at this point :(

nivek
04-17-2015, 01:15 PM
This is my first time getting ripped off this way so openly. With so many people being ripped off at once this may be suitable for a class action lawsuit.

One of the first rules of Law - don't sue broke people. I highly doubt that any judgement would be paid if he hasn't got the funds to refund people.

hellraiser6662
04-17-2015, 03:12 PM
I think people would be more understanding if he just let us know the problems he's facing. That's all people want. Just updates on here nothing else. It's not hard to say a quick few words and a few pics. But now it's got out of control.

OwlsDen
04-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Plus you would never be awarded more than you put in. You can't argue lost wages when you bought in to a pre release machine. By the time you factor In Lawyer fees, you would be lucky if everyone got a check for 100$

darkness
04-17-2015, 04:56 PM
its would be interesting how much are ripping off - he says thats only 25 Machines in preorder sale ... but i dont think thats only 25 people ripped !

darkness
04-18-2015, 03:38 AM
maybe the admin can start a poll and every press the button to see how much have order a machine. Than we have a number and a amount thats ripped off. And we have the info -he is bussy or lies ,because when he have more than 25 machine in pre-sale than he have not write the truth and we knowing the money is gone.

throwhammers
04-18-2015, 09:11 AM
What's the point? What will that accomplish? It won't get machines delivered or money returned. Those details don't help, and may not even provide an accurate account of how many people bought into the pre order.

OwlsDen
04-18-2015, 09:27 AM
I agree. And you said it best Throwhammers, if you aren't willing to take the risk don't buy a preordered machine. The only thing anyone can do is put it behind and live and learn. Also yo hope for the best. I imagine he will do what he can to come through

evlink2006
04-18-2015, 11:08 AM
This is a prime case of something that has become a cancer in business in general not just tattooing. What is it with people selling a product they don't even have and expecting payment in full up front. I just had this happen to me over an ammo order. I see it happen all over the motorcycle parts world.

What the hell is going on? If you don't have the product in your hands to sell then quit trying to sell it. People will say its like investing in a new company. No its not. Its theft in my opinion. You took my money up front with nothing to give me in return. If you need investors then say you need investors. At least at that point I can expect not to get my money back and make the decision on whether or not to give you money.

And to all of us stupid idiots that keep falling for the so called "pre-sale", we deserve what we get for being dumb enough to think people in todays world even have the slightest idea of what honor and integrity even means much less have any. (wow now thats a run on sentence, LOL)

Sorry just had to vent and this looked as good a place as any.

<RANT OVER>

darkness
04-22-2015, 05:37 PM
paypal tells me when he ripped a lot of people they could make some to get the money back -but for this its needs more as one ! thats the case - but ok , let him your money and let him make the same again maybe. So its not really surprising that something always happens. We pay and when we dont get any is all ok too :D

throwhammers
04-23-2015, 03:03 AM
I just got a message from paul yesterday. He said he's still working on machining one more new part for the machine and then they are going out . He knows everyone is bent out of shape and he said he'll make it up to everyone. He said anyone can call him anytime to ask whats going on, and that he has virtually no income since he's been working on the machines.

I think if he was really stealing from everyone, he would not have emailed me. I'm going to give him a call tonight or tomorrow.

throwhammers
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
I just got off the phone with Paul from Valient. He's a super nice guy who answered all of my questions and gave me a rundown of the situation and what he's working on and why the machines are taking so much longer than expected.

He told me he is always available if anyone wants to call. He said he hasn't posted much because when he does he gets inundated with mails and messages. But, as he said, feel free to call him.

He said he pretty much has everything invested in what he's doing now, and if he wanted to steal peoples money he would have allowed other people who wanted to pre order to do so (as it is, he only sold 25 machines, though he had requests for more).
He's held back releasing the machines to address some issues he found with the design. This is a good thing. I hope this helps some of you guys put your minds at ease. If not, well, just call him!

Paul said intends to post an update in the immediate future.

OwlsDen
04-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Always good to see that you take initiative and have a level head Throwhammers

nivek
04-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Same story I heard from him back around Christmas. Hes a nice guy but I am at the point where honestly he should be updating people more than every six months.

I agree hes a nice enough guy but his lack of updates has pissed a lot of people off. It will be pretty hard to redeem himself to a lot of these people.Im just glad my payment was on credit card, so I was able to get the money back. I wish you luck with his machines but his lack of info, updates and follow through has me seriously concerned about what the service would be like if there were every issues with the machine.

Again, not trying to be a dick, but if it comes across that way - meh..

darkness
04-24-2015, 04:40 AM
i have never get any reply or any other infos - only 1 times after 3 month because i want my money back .... maybe some gets better info -but i´m working every day in the shop and in europa ,so its not so easy to call him or send a lot of pms. On his FB page or website i have never get any reply ,only after i have write here.

throwhammers
04-24-2015, 05:22 AM
i have never get any reply or any other infos - only 1 times after 3 month because i want my money back .... maybe some gets better info -but i´m working every day in the shop and in europa ,so its not so easy to call him or send a lot of pms. On his FB page or website i have never get any reply ,only after i have write here.

Dude, I work every day too, and I'm in Switzerland, and have a baby and a life. I managed to find the time to call.
Like I wrote, and like he told me, he may not be writing messages back to everyone, but he is always available if you call him.

A lot of the people complaining the most have never even called, they just get mad when they don't get a pm or FB message back from him.
The entire world does not operate via facebook. Telephones exist for a reason. And, for whatever reason, Paul has chosen to, for the moment, keep in contact via telephone (but people have to make the effort to call).

reigningink
04-24-2015, 11:04 AM
I have texted him several times and he was almost always good about getting back to me within the day. he was always courteous and explained the situation. However, I did go ahead and request a refund. I am hoping it comes. But as a person I feel like he is a good person. As far as a machine e builder, I can't really have an opinion, as I never got a machine.

darkness
04-24-2015, 05:06 PM
throwhammers - i have a baby too and a littl family ,i have to get the money for my family alone. I work from 10:30 to 22:00 oclock -sometimes to 24:00 !

throwhammers
04-25-2015, 02:55 AM
throwhammers - i have a baby too and a littl family ,i have to get the money for my family alone. I work from 10:30 to 22:00 oclock -sometimes to 24:00 !

Dude, I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm just saying if it's so important to everyone on here, if they are so sure they are being ripped off, then I'm sure they can find 10 minutes to call Paul (and actually get an answer or some information) instead of complaining over and over on here (which does nothing in terms of getting something done).

I talked to paul. If i get a machine I'll be super happy. If not, well, I lost out on that one. The money is long gone. I've stated my opinion on this enough times.

It's pretty simple. It's like investing in the stock market. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't invest (in the stock market or in a machine pre-sale). Maybe for some people this is a lesson learned, albeit a hard one.
Everyone here are, hopefully, adults. There is a possibility to speak to the man himself. You can either use that possibility and get some answers, or don't and keep complaining to each other on here.

If I need more information, I'll call paul again, until then I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully I get a machine, maybe I won't. Life goes on.

jctats
04-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Dude, I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm just saying if it's so important to everyone on here, if they are so sure they are being ripped off, then I'm sure they can find 10 minutes to call Paul (and actually get an answer or some information) instead of complaining over and over on here (which does nothing in terms of getting something done).

I talked to paul. If i get a machine I'll be super happy. If not, well, I lost out on that one. The money is long gone. I've stated my opinion on this enough times.

It's pretty simple. It's like investing in the stock market. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't invest (in the stock market or in a machine pre-sale). Maybe for some people this is a lesson learned, albeit a hard one.
Everyone here are, hopefully, adults. There is a possibility to speak to the man himself. You can either use that possibility and get some answers, or don't and keep complaining to each other on here.

If I need more information, I'll call paul again, until then I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully I get a machine, maybe I won't. Life goes on.

Agreed. I'm over the frustration stage, so now there's only faith haha.

hellraiser6662
07-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Any more info? Things have gone dead for a while... bloody hell it's now July I'm sure things would have moved on a little bit by now

Butternuts
07-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Would anyone like to pre-order one of my machines? It's the lightest rotary on the planet, pushes any cartridge with ease, adjustable give and stroke on the fly with no need for tools, fully autoclavable and new proprietary motor is guaranteed to last for life and comes with a lifetime warranty. The best part of my new machine is when you're done tattooing it cleans up, blows you and cooks you dinner. I accept all major credit cards, cash or paypal.

artoftatt2
07-06-2015, 05:45 PM
That's productive👆

AltarVinz
07-06-2015, 08:05 PM
That's a LaceNano then....

darkness
07-08-2015, 03:01 AM
i have get my money back -so this is close for me :)

jctats
07-17-2015, 05:28 AM
how did you do it?

nathan bauer
02-16-2016, 06:35 PM
Any new news?

sammyfrog75
02-16-2016, 11:11 PM
Never heard from the guy. He's got my money still! No machine ever received....

darkness
02-17-2016, 02:52 AM
a few one have get a machine thats not running and get a second replacement. They told me its was running like a hyper v3 but more worse. The big amount of buyers have never get any. And after the years is the demanding expire. The Demanding is only guildy when you send a invitation -but all here have give him the time and so its expire.

sammyfrog75
02-17-2016, 03:06 AM
Thing is, i sent admin a message and never got a reply either! I bought in good faith that the website has a good name
And that should,ve been enough....
i learnt to never trust anyone ever again since then because of that and thats a shame for the ones who are trying their hardest to break in the industry but going from a big name, at least guaranties at least a product.
Case closed but bitter taste in my mouth.....

hellraiser6662
02-17-2016, 05:20 AM
Yep I think he was out to just recoup the money he spent on the materials and never was going to send any thing out. Shame could have spent the money at fkiron on a direct x ... but no machine no money. We all got ripped off.

sacredsouls
02-17-2016, 08:17 AM
The thing that seems to be happening in all industries now is preordering. It's stupid in my opinion. Why do I have to pay for something in advance so I can cover your material costs so you can make an assload of money. I don't agree with it one bit.

It's happening in the video game industry too. Preorder a game and it gets pushed back and some even get cancelled. This is just a shame I hope all involved have it made right.

Patrick
02-17-2016, 08:40 AM
I emailed him a while ago but never heard back. Coming up on two years of waiting. If he eventually delivers, great. But I've pretty much chalked it up as a loss. Sucks, I had high hopes for this machine and for Paul.

The other frustrating thing about preorders is it seems almost like beta testing. You pay to get one of the first batch and support the builder. And a few weeks later they come out with an improved version that's better than the preorder. I'll be waiting to see how a machine performs and what upgrades happen before I buy a new one, from here on out.

hellraiser6662
02-17-2016, 12:29 PM
If you ever see it or him. I don't know how people can be like that. You got to have some thick skin to do this to at least 50 people. Then still goto conventions and if you ever sort it out you can't sell it as the 50 will be out for blood. We should keep the thread going so it keeps it the eye so people might have other info.. If they see him about.

asA
02-17-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty positive he has refunded most people's moneys a long time ago.

hellraiser6662
02-17-2016, 04:05 PM
I didn't receive a refund or a machine..

Patrick
02-17-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty positive he has refunded most people's moneys a long time ago.

I never received a refund either.

Nor any communication, whatsoever.

sammyfrog75
02-17-2016, 08:50 PM
How can you say you're pretty positive he refunded most people?!? I heard nothing from him and i tried to contact him just like quite a few people.
but hey you're pretty positive he refunded most prople.... Oh good! I feel so much better about the bloke!
Thing is we are in a special type of industry! Yes it's "stupid" to pay in advance but the reason i did it is because i'm an honest hard working person who tried to support the little guy and expected to be treated with respect by a peer.....
Anyway, apparently he refunded most people. I must count for nothing in this equation then....

asA
02-18-2016, 12:52 AM
On the buy sell trade group on facebook he was responding to people and offered a refund like 6 months ago. I had just saw almost everyone there was saying they had received a refund. I guess there is more people out there that hadn't received one. Sorry.

I called and texted the number on his site and he responded no problems.

reigningink
02-18-2016, 01:11 AM
Yeah. I would love to get my refund. No such luck

asA
02-18-2016, 01:27 AM
Dang, i had heard there were only 25 to 50 presales.. and I had seen alot of posts talking about people getting refunds... Guess it may be more like half the people recived refunds.

sammyfrog75
02-18-2016, 01:49 AM
I live in Australia, he knows who bought his machines, he has my email, and could contact me on this site too if he was a honest bloke. I'd like to track him down but I'm not often on this site anymore because of time constrain. I can't spend all my time on every forum just on the off chance he might post a reply when I'm not aware there's one. At the end of the day, it's been 2 years and not even the decency to contact me and the others who never received a refund.....

hellraiser6662
02-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Or did he give a refund to all the people in his area or at least the usa. So if he did bump into him he's all cool but us tossers in other countries. .. he knows he would never get to see... So we are thrown a curve ball... I wonder if gaston from fk got a refund.. hummmm

hellraiser6662
02-18-2016, 06:08 AM
Well his site is still up. But stops at 2014 the Facebook page is generally the same. I've just emailed him from his site to see if I get a reply.. but words are only words if no action is done.

Patrick
02-18-2016, 08:20 AM
On the buy sell trade group on facebook he was responding to people and offered a refund like 6 months ago. I had just saw almost everyone there was saying they had received a refund. I guess there is more people out there that hadn't received one. Sorry.

I called and texted the number on his site and he responded no problems.

That's when I tried to contact him, several times. I never heard anything.
Hard to believe he's a decent guy who fell on hard times when he's pulling this kind of shit.

hellraiser6662
02-18-2016, 08:38 AM
If you do the maths even if it's 25 people at $500 it's around $12500 ... double that if there was 50 people that's alot of cash to pay back if you just wasted it.

jasonadelinia
02-18-2016, 06:57 PM
No refund no machines here.

Heath
02-18-2016, 09:13 PM
I called & went old school on his ass & got a refund.

fkirons
02-21-2016, 01:28 PM
I never got my money back neither and asked for it 😞

nathan bauer
03-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Yeah I tried get a hold of him several times.no reply. No refund.