PDA

View Full Version : Centri V2 Review

Brian Russell
07-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm a bit overdue posting this and it's my first review also. I am not affiliated with Centri in any way, just wanted to share my thoughts.

I have two of these now, and love them so far. The day I got my first one, the first piece I tried it on was some Black/Grey on a regular client on his ribs. Normally not a big deal, but this fella in particular was covered in 4th degree burn scars making it a bit more of a delicate task. I used a 9mag as well as a 15 mag and it performed equally well with both. The most impressive part was that even with my lightest tone, (I use Ron Meyers wash), there was not a single drop of blood on my towel and he said it was the most painless experience he's had to date. That alone was enough to motivate me to get another. So I did.

After a couple weeks, I sent one back to Mike for his magnet mod upgrade. It came back super fast and packaged very nicely as well. I do like it even better with this mod. It seems a tad more stable and consistent, not that I had a problem with it before, but now it feels even more solid. One of the key differences it made for me was the stroke adjuster wheel seemed to stay in place even better.

The RCA that pivots on top of the machine is perfect. My cord is never in the way at all and makes getting to some hard to reach areas a breeze.

Where this machine really shines for me is color packing and blending. I've never used another machine that I can saturate and make multiple passes with as much as this one. I can stay in one spot for forever and not chew anyone up. All of my heals have been super fast as well.

Cons- The rubber band setup is a pain for me. (I have huge hands!) But his shark fin may aide in that, I hope. It's not a super big deal, but usually takes me a minute. The light attachment is really well made and fits perfect, but I never use it. I haven't had much luck in the lining dept. with this one, but I use it almost exclusively for my colorwork now and love it. If you get a chance, give one of these a try. You won't be disappointed!

Here's a couple pics. Nothing fancy, but you get the idea.

Brian Russell
07-21-2014, 08:42 PM
All the color work was done with Centis, lined with Bareknuckle Irons.

artoftatt2
07-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Good stuff brother

Brian Russell
07-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks bro!

peter clements
07-22-2014, 05:49 AM
Yes, it's an amazing color packer, very comfortable for the client and the healing is the best I've seen. I get mine back today after Mike did the magnet mod, the small rubber band system is it's only flaw, however I'm sure we can come up with something to replace it.

Ofeloner
09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
I just got my centri back with the mag mod,, iam very new to this machine,I had tryd it a couple times before the mag mod and I used regular bar and needle set up,worked lovely!! but i deffinetly needed to figure it out better,,Today I tryd it out with a Cheyenne grip and a 9m Cheyenne cart,after a few minutes the cart broke,I don't blame the machine tho,those carts can be wack sauce sometimes., have any of you tryd this machine out with the Cheyenne grip..?? Also any pointers would be greatly appreciated! This machine is unlike anything I've used,,And I've seen such beautiful color work from these,,help? :)

Ofeloner
09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I jumped the gun,,I just watched a video on how to set them up, :) soo cool..

Brian Russell
09-18-2014, 08:46 PM
The way that system runs, I would go the Ttech route instead of Cheyenne. Takes way less to push. I never tried the Hawk carts, but had no problems with the ttech. The rubber band trick works pretty good. When I do it, I actually use a full grommet instead of a top hat type and wedge the band between the grommet and the needle bar loop.

pete
09-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Does anyone no who sells them in the uk or Europe ?

darkness
09-19-2014, 10:39 AM
i get my back with the magnet mod but its dont work anymore. The magnet in the machinebody (not the motorpart) is when i screw the strokewheel complett back on one level with the body and the motor can not free working - when i screw it forward the magnet is coming again the magnet on the motor and dont work anymore. But i can not screw the magnet in the body deeper :(( to get room for the other magnet to working. Mike write me always i have to screw it more but i have it on the maximum .