PDA

View Full Version : How many machines shoukd you own?

Zomb
07-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I've been working on a formula to calculate how many machines one should own.
Here it is:

X + 1

'X' being the number of machines you already own!

poleson
07-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Agreed Zomb. One would have to factor in that any new machine could potentially be better than your daily runner and the only way to know for sure is to try it. Somebody should start a tattoo machine rental site. They do it for camera lenses.

ATS
07-30-2014, 12:35 PM
If you're asking from a tattoo perspective, enough to allow you to cover all possible needs. But yeah, always keeping open to trying out something new/better.
If from a collectors perspective, more.

darkness
07-30-2014, 01:49 PM
when you found the right machine -you will never search - but you need 20 -50h with a rotary to knowing all pros and cons -so you have to give every a real chance. I have notice every machine have in some areas good results

Zomb
07-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Hahha a rental site would be brilliant! I can instantly think of 10 machines i would have to rent out!!

Agreed Zomb. One would have to factor in that any new machine could potentially be better than your daily runner and the only way to know for sure is to try it. Somebody should start a tattoo machine rental site. They do it for camera lenses.

Zomb
07-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Collectors indeed.. I bet everyone has a machine or 3 that they never use but would still never part with.

If you're asking from a tattoo perspective, enough to allow you to cover all possible needs. But yeah, always keeping open to trying out something new/better.

OwlsDen
07-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Never enough the X+1 is the perfect equation

I don't even know how many machines I have. Better solve for that first.

billannand
07-30-2014, 10:19 PM

Agreed. I have machines that will only see the light of day because I want to look at them. But then I have my daily runners. And the tried and not liked get sold off that are replaceable if need be.