PDA

View Full Version : No mystery haha xion

e_Bangs
08-03-2014, 11:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/y2ugy5yq.jpg fk irons why you gotta do me like that 2015

Brian Russell
08-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Time to stock up on carts. :)

Ofeloner
08-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Hellz yeeah.!!

cagelavey
08-04-2014, 12:17 AM
if youre making carts like the pic depicts, then please do a diamond cut, or a cut away on the round tip, please ;-) machine looks amazing, god its a good time to be alive

jasonadelinia
08-04-2014, 04:49 AM
I thought I wouldn't need to spend any more cash, damn! Looks like they are going to be making new carts? I'm presuming a different design to prevent Cheyenne from being a holes. Really exciting if this is the case.

cagelavey
08-04-2014, 11:20 AM
"the one" literally, lol

tat2edsoda2000
08-04-2014, 03:01 PM
hahahaha my comment on this is in the pic

OwlsDen
08-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Another pen type rotary. I can't wait to hear what makes this one special. I hope this has something to set it apart from the rest.

brandonmull
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I have never used any of these style of machines.

fkirons_kayleigh
08-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Another pen type rotary. I can't wait to hear what makes this one special. I hope this has something to set it apart from the rest.

The only thing similar between the Xion and other "pen type" rotary machines is the shape... We've had a lot of artist mentioning how they'd prefer a machine that was closer to a marker or brush, so we've worked to accommodate that in the design. However, the mechanics will be completely different than the other machines that adopt a similar shape. The Xion will work with the same patent pending HexDrive system as the Spektra Direkt, but unlike current machines it will not use a drive bar or rely on elliptical motion... The Xion is a mix of a lot of different technology we've been experimenting with over the years from both rotary and coil machines.. I'm not able to give away too much just yet or the patent attorney's may have my head, but it's definitely different than anything else you've seen...

arte
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi kayleigh and Gaston,

Does it take cheyenne cartridges ? or Spektra ?
Thanks.

Artemis Stigma

fkirons_kayleigh
08-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi kayleigh and Gaston,

Does it take cheyenne cartridges ? or Spektra ?
Thanks.

Artemis Stigma

The Xion is going to work with all current non-cosmetic cartridges :)

Nedz
08-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Good luck with your latest project.

cagelavey
08-19-2014, 11:05 PM
ok so, Gaston. are the carts in the cad design just for aesthetic purposes for the photo or are you going to design actual carts also? just straight yes or no question, lol, are you going to build carts??!! ;-) lol. I know it will fit all present Cheyenne/t-tech carts, but what we want to know is, are there spektra carts on the horizon? I'm pleading with you here lol

fkirons_kayleigh
08-20-2014, 10:39 AM
ok so, Gaston. are the carts in the cad design just for aesthetic purposes for the photo or are you going to design actual carts also? just straight yes or no question, lol, are you going to build carts??!! ;-) lol. I know it will fit all present Cheyenne/t-tech carts, but what we want to know is, are there spektra carts on the horizon? I'm pleading with you here lol

Haha, come on... Y'all should know better than to think I'd give you a straight yes or no on that ;)

needlemaniak
08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
We all know what it means ! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cagelavey
08-20-2014, 02:41 PM
thanks gaston, got all I need, lol. you's the man, homie. lol :-)

cagelavey
08-20-2014, 04:22 PM
oh yeah, and by the way. sorry I painted you into a corner with my questions, gaston. lol, you post something like this the questions are going to flow, lmao. in any event, my wife just started a xion purchase fund, all spare dollars and change we have and will have are in a water cooler jug marked xion, lol. waiting on this one. soon ill have my spirit, my direkt, my thunder, my flite v2, my stylus, and the xion. that's when I can finally set back and turn my attention from machine purchases for a while, lol. in any event, thanks for your very vailed answer, lol, peace.

jsuchoza
08-29-2014, 11:34 AM
fk irons... you should probably let me early test this....;)... I am really good at secrets.

Badhabit
10-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Any update on a release for these yet?. Also what's this spektra epic all about?.

chris-in-cali
10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
We don't "want" to know....

We "NEEEEEEEEEEED" to know!!!....lol

Badhabit
11-28-2014, 02:18 PM
TherE should be a pre-order for these, or a midnight release like for video games.. Haha

sammyfrog75
11-29-2014, 06:41 AM
when is it coming out roughly?

Renetat2
01-29-2015, 03:10 PM
So it's 2015, any new updates! I am in the market for a pen style rotary.

fkirons
01-29-2015, 07:51 PM
No set days yet. Edge has taken over much of our time. Xion should see the light in a few months though. Lots of work going on this bad boy. As of for now, as far as cartridge gear goes: Enjoy the flexibility of having variable give on the fly, adjustable stroke and MultiVise system with the Edge

Renetat2
01-31-2015, 02:33 AM
lol I really do love my Edge X, I have spoken to Kayleigh every week since getting it. I am only using flex grips and had to have you guys make me custom longer bars to make it work. Hopefully this week I get the special long bar.

But i am seriously looking for a pen style. I will be waiting.

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 12:48 AM
I really like how you are putting up teasers on IG and then taking them down, Gaston. It's like seeing a UFO haha

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Wow... tiny pic, sorry.

http://i.minus.com/iboFINagVRvHVQ.PNG

OwlsDen
03-22-2015, 06:12 AM
Man it looks so small. I want it now.

AltarVinz
03-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Make it with giiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveee please ! You'd bury all pen shape machines and we all know you have the skill and knowledge to do so !!

fkirons
03-22-2015, 11:22 AM
I don't know what you are talking about ....😜

sammyfrog75
05-02-2015, 07:45 PM
So what's happening with the xion? What's it going to differentiate it from other styluses?
any updates as to where you're at to a release date?

eric03
05-04-2015, 02:18 AM
fk irons is the apple of tattoo machines. as soon as u buy the new toy, a newer toy comes out the following year. i hate u.hahaha. thats y they r one of the best. cheyenne who?

OwlsDen
05-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Yeah it's been a while, Gaston where is the update? It looks like it uses the motor bolt from the Direkt / Edge so I assume just buying the body will make this an easy purchase for a lot of us. I just wonder how we clean it? Maybe the whole body will be autclaveable! Maybe we should make a lot of posts about what we assume it may be so when Gaston reads them he feels he just has to come and set the record straight. That way maybe we can find out sooner!

Lehmham
05-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes Gaston please... i don't know how Long i can resist to buy a Stylus or a Cheyenne Pen... *HELP* :)

fkirons
05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Hey guys thank you for the interest. Truly. Well we've been working on it for a while, testing many different way to make this happen. Once you think you have it right, you discover an even better way to do things. But finally, we have recently file a patent for the mechanism that propels the Xion. We are close. The machine features a lot of cool features. I can't talk much until we get closer to its release but it will have many of your prayers answered 😜.

Lehmham
05-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Okay thx.... At least a sign the xion is alive :) so but for now i'm satisfied with my new Edge-X...
this is my first FK, but def. Won't beim the last!!

sammyfrog75
05-05-2015, 09:54 AM
How's the edge x compared to the flite V2?

Lehmham
05-05-2015, 10:27 AM
i haven't used a flite yet. but the give System is very nice. but you need to know that the give is limited to, i guess max. 2mm.
No "infinity give" like Stigmas...
But for me it's perfect.

And i think it is easier to adjust the stroke and the give a wth th flite.

IMO it's a no brainer to ge a Edge X

crabink
05-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Gaston .. i just spent 550 on the Edge x.... and ...... i fucking love it... it is hands down my go to everything machine....

Is xion going to have adjustable stroke and adjustable give?

inkinwi
05-07-2015, 03:07 AM
Sammy I have both the edge x and the flite v2. I prefer the edge for line work. It's like a laser. It also packs and blend's very well but I prefer my flite v2 for color blending and black and grey work. For the way I tattoo it just feels more natural. I've done some nice work with my edge x as far as blends and black and grey also but the flite v2 was a more natural feel for me. Both machines are great and it really will depend on your style which would work better or more naturally for you. I could use both for whatever but there would be a little learning curve. Why bother when I can just set them both up.

DougHardy
05-11-2015, 12:14 PM
How's the edge x compared to the flite V2?

This is a bit hard... Both are really great systems. The Edge X has the edge (no pun intended) over the Flight when it comes to quickly being able to change the hit of the needle for sure (a turn of a dial as opposed to having to change out the push rod), and the Edge X also has the ability to use disposable tubes and the Cheyenne grip with no extra hardware. Both are great performing machines, and I've been using them in combination for a while now. I know this seems like a cop-out answer, but at this point it's really down to personal preference. You simply won't go wrong with either.

Frosty
05-23-2015, 07:57 PM
ok so i know I'm not a heavily active member in the forum but I've been thinkin.... dangerous i know! lol all these companies bishop fk irons kingpin electric ink etc have made a disposable cartridge grip. which i think is a great idea bc I've seen carts fail. I'm always concerned with cross contamination so even if u cold sterile or autoclave your hawk stylus or whatever grip u have....wouldnt it be great if one of these companies made a disposable grip for the new and obviously upcoming pen style machines??? am i alone in this thought???

sammyfrog75
05-23-2015, 10:52 PM
it's actually ok. the bala betis has i guess the 2mm give and it's perfect in terms of packing and blending colours. Too much give seems a little pointless... but then again....;.

Tattoo31
08-24-2015, 01:28 AM
Any updates on the Xion? I have the Direkt and Edge X, but still looking at getting a pen machine. Would like to stick with all Spektra because how awesome they are :)

crabink
10-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Gaston .. its been 7 months .... just curious if its gonna be adj stroke ( on the fly? )
Just one little bone.. please...

acink
10-18-2015, 05:16 AM
As above,
Been waiting so long and I wont make the jump on another pen style machine till this is released please give us a bit of news LOL

Butternuts
11-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Any update on this?? I've heard nothing but top notch customer service from these guys so I'd like to hold out on getting a new machine till this guy comes out.

DougHardy
11-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Any update on this?? I've heard nothing but top notch customer service from these guys so I'd like to hold out on getting a new machine till this guy comes out.

I was told yesterday "it won't be out until next year, that's all I can say"

thesmokingmirror
11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
the hawk pen is an excellent machine its worth getting for anyone wanting a pen style machine

Butternuts
11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Only thing that worries me with Cheyenne is I hear their customer service blows. Not sure how true that is but after dealing with swashdrives shitty customer service firsthand I don't want to deal with another company like that again if I need parts for a machine down the road. Heard nothing but good things about how fk takes care of their customers.

tatu richie
11-29-2015, 12:53 AM
No set days yet. Edge has taken over much of our time. Xion should see the light in a few months though. Lots of work going on this bad boy. As of for now, as far as cartridge gear goes: Enjoy the flexibility of having variable give on the fly, adjustable stroke and MultiVise system with the Edge

seems promising just like all the other machines youve made. looking forward to this, when i rob a bank ill get one ;)

tatu richie
11-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Only thing that worries me with Cheyenne is I hear their customer service blows. Not sure how true that is but after dealing with swashdrives shitty customer service firsthand I don't want to deal with another company like that again if I need parts for a machine down the road. Heard nothing but good things about how fk takes care of their customers.

then i strongly say dont deal with cheyenne bcause they like our money but thats about it

Raptor666
02-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Hy Guys... I know, your pretty buisy with the Halo2 now... but i am curious if there are new infos about the Xion??
Any news just to know the project is not dead would be welcome! :-)

Keith tattoo
02-17-2016, 09:27 AM
They had like a teaser video on Instagram today

OwlsDen
02-17-2016, 01:11 PM
They had like a teaser video on Instagram today

Not there now

Keith tattoo
02-18-2016, 03:36 PM
[OwlsDen;126811]Not there now[/QUOTE29497it was down the same morning but I apparently screen shot the video

thesmokingmirror
02-19-2016, 07:48 PM

Cheyennes service isnt to bad my buddy just had his Hawkpen repaired, it did take about a month though

brimstonesix
02-20-2016, 09:27 PM
a month to repair a $600 dildo? Jesus

Raptor666
02-24-2016, 05:06 AM
took some screenshots of the video they released on instagram ;-)
very excited!!! Spektra Xion is on its way folks :-)

brandonmull
02-24-2016, 07:14 AM
Hell its magic, it levitates.

Slicksquid
06-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Just a bump to see if this ma'ama jamma is still coming (and to stir up hype!)

MatFink
07-21-2016, 12:28 AM
Bump. Tell me things. You have my complete and undivided attention. K go. ��

Butternuts
07-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Curious on the status of this as well. If you can adjust and/or change the stroke and give on this guy then its going to be a hard machine to beat. Good for FK though for not rushing this thing out. Pen style machines are damn comfortable to use.

sleezy23
07-27-2016, 09:11 PM
disappointing. i saw someone post where fk said July was gonna be a good month. it came and went just about, and still no xion. been waiting literally years for this. i give up!!

Butternuts
07-28-2016, 01:00 AM
I'd rather they wait and get it right then put out a shit machine, personally.

sleezy23
07-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Of course. Just overly excited

jasonadelinia
07-29-2016, 08:00 AM
This was up the other week so I guess it's only evolving into what will probs be the best pen machine out there.

sleezy23
08-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm always checking for their little teasers.... I missed that one Jason. Thanks. Makes me even more impatient lol

DougHardy
08-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Adjustable stroke is exactly what I'm hoping for in a new pen type machine. At the moment I'm using the Swashdrive Brush for all non-give work and the Inkjecta Nano for all my coloring. I have high hopes for this new beauty. Crossing fingers for it coming out before the winter

RMNC
08-17-2016, 01:33 AM
i can only imagine the dumptruck of money that will be delivered even when a preorder is available

fkirons
08-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Hello Everyone. I wanted to give you the heads up regarding The Xion, since it's not a secret anymore.

This machine was envisioned late 2013 and we went through some many changes. The most we've ever dealt with to create a machine.

The project was forced to pause several times in 2014 and due to our CNCs machines were just slammed.
In 2015 we addressed the situation, doubling our CNC equipment and staff allowing us to catch up and reduce production time.

We came up with 6 different main mechanisms to convert concentric rotation into reciprocal.
About 7 give mechanisms. And we designed a whole new MotorBolt System specifically dedicated to suit a series of pen machines that we are planing to develop in upcoming years.

We tested all of them and refined all of them. That was a heck of a task.

Because we wanted to introduce give, stroke options and a new MotorBolt for pen machines this wasn't an easy task. To make things even more interesting, we co developed a motor (that at this present moment we are testing 80 of them on Xion prototypes). it has double the torque of our current motors.

We encountered tons of bumps in the road but addressed each one of them.

Your expectations have been nerve wrecking but they just pushed us to give the best from ourselves.

As of today the Xion is the project that we have in the pipeline and we're down to the final tweaks and esthetic touches.

We consider that we are about 4 months away from its launch. There are several prototypes out there collecting feedback. The Goal is to release it around Christmas.

We could've released the machine a couple of years ago with less features and less time spent to iron out challenges but we wouldn't have done that.

We truly want to introduce a pen machine that will deliver and surpass your expectations while giving you the same
features that you are used to from FK Irons machines.

We appreciate your patient and support.

Gaston

jctats
08-19-2016, 05:56 AM
The true Santa´s workshop! You just got me super impatient for the Christmas, just like back in the day! Thanks, Gaston! :)

hellraiser6662
08-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Gaston Are you going to bring one to london convention? For a sneaky look at it... haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nathan bauer
08-25-2016, 04:10 PM
So this will use proprietary grips from the looks? A pen that used disposable grips would be the cats pajamas. Still excited about this one. It will be very hard to put down my edge x! (That machine is fantastic).

Raptor666
10-25-2016, 03:56 AM
Screenshots of the Video from yesterday taken from the FK Irons Facebook ;-)
They will try to release it around Christmas. For more Infos check the Video!

hellraiser6662
10-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Videos gone...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brandonmull
10-26-2016, 02:53 PM
that looks like he found victorias secret.... device that is!

karl
12-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Still no word on the xion. I own a x edge and inkjecta v2. I prefer my edge by far. Down side is it seems like in the past year inkjecta has released a pretty bad as nano model while every time I check fk irons it's the same old thing with a little tweak. Combining 2 machines they already make , or adding a new style of paint just isn't enough to have me she'll out another 600$. I don't want to buy the inkjecta nano. I want to buy the xion or something new and bad ass. I'm not trying to be critical. Just saying it would be nice to see something actually new and unique. Not something I already own with a modification here and there.

Butternuts
12-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Its not Christmas yet, Karl.

jctats
01-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Looks like it's getting closer. same ergonomic approach to grip as in Darklabs :) . Xion appears on 1:20.

https://youtu.be/a9SyVUuEMa0

Butternuts
01-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Looks like it's getting closer. same ergonomic approach to grip as in Darklabs :) . Xion appears on 1:20.

https://youtu.be/a9SyVUuEMa0

Looks freaking awesome. Put up that preorder list!!

Butternuts
01-15-2017, 10:40 AM
There's gotta be an update due soon on this guy.