PDA

View Full Version : DD home

tattooange
09-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Hello All,
I made a small direct drive. Simple for THE fun ... !
on a wooden plank. I do not own a garage. Unfortunately .... or piece to work the metal. No tools. Just a drill, paper to sand ... the small material.
The machine is ugly. this is true ;) I'm okey with that ! I used material from fishing and some aluminum. Mabuchi Motor with 370 Nothing sansreel superb material but the machine works great and it is very quiet. Be the weight of 105grms ! FUN ;) THE color with a cam bearing is 4.5mm ultra easy. Realy easy with one pass ....
and the Liner that is nice too. I will make a second machine with a cam bearing 3mn for Liner. I think it will be boring because 4.5mm for Liner works well (the machine can do Liner and color easily, I'm not trying shading ...) but I have another cam bearing 3mm. I will try also with a second machine ! I'm not after 3 machines !
without toolless it be difficult. Ungrateful ! frustrating ! ;) The machine works very very well and I'm delighted. I did not buy the standard material (easy to assemble a machine!) but I preferred waste time. Work more ! modify elements of fishing ! Hand-cut aluminum. ECT .... to order parts and assemble them Standard with a nice engine. was not my goal. Too easy and uninteresting ....
my machine is ugly but it works very well. and it is not standard equipment replacement ;) Personal Satisfaction. I owned a DD uncle Roy. I can make the comparison.. I prefer my machine with the Mabuchi 370 motor. Uncle Roy DD is SOLD now !!!!!!!! I'm happy even if I had 60 hours to do it.
RESPECT !

tattooange
09-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Photos:

tattooange
09-14-2014, 12:53 PM
end....

daza
09-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Well done man it's not ugly doesn't have to be glamor and glitz to do the job I enjoy making 95% of my machines.
You make a machine and you can lay down some nice smooth ink with it well that's a awesome feeling hats off

tattooange
09-15-2014, 04:53 AM
thank you DAZA !
Yes ! quite agree with you ;) sensation realize the machine alone for oneself be nice. Even without Tools ;) after if the machine runs smooth it is beautiful ... of course if the machine malfunctioned, I toss and I do another but direct drive is not difficult to achieve with a minimum of tools and hours. she gets the color very easy in a single pass. This is great!
I think the Mabuchi motor runs very well. The voltage is a bit high (about 9 volts) but it is quiet and regular. I think the engine is identical with Neotat first version?
Low price ($30 for 5 motors on Ebay) and good consistency. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER daza.