PDA

View Full Version : Direct drive springer with adjustable stroke

horikaiju
09-23-2014, 05:15 PM
So, this is the third springer I've made and the second to have the adjustable stroke adapter. It weighs in at 4oz (which is typical of damn near all of my builds) and has a stroke from 1.5mm to about 5mm. I used torched stainless steel, brass, and carbonized bamboo on this build.

26213 26214

darkness
09-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Very nice and a really own dd system ,not like the other builds

horikaiju
09-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Very nice and a really own dd system ,not like the other builds
Thank you very much. I built the adjustable bearing adapter so that anyone with a standard DD cam can change out the old fixed stroke bearing/pin assembly by simply popping one out and popping the other in. All you need is an Allen wrench and access to the set screw.

ATS
09-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Like this very much ... well done on bringing something a bit different to the table!

daza
09-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Liking this concept thinking outside the box would be nice to see some groves turned on the motor housing after you have touched it would give a nice contrast to creation what life force lies in the belly of this beast :)

horikaiju
09-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Liking this concept thinking outside the box would be nice to see some groves turned on the motor housing after you have touched it would give a nice contrast to creation what life force lies in the belly of this beast :)
Thanks, right now im using Mabuchi motors.

OwlsDen
09-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Very pretty, love your look. I bet it works great too

horikaiju
09-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Very pretty, love your look. I bet it works great too

Thanks, man. It works amazingly. Its so quiet you can hear the needles move across the skin. I plan to make more like this, with color options maybe. A client just last night asked if my machine was old, as in an antique. I said, "No its new, I just wanted to make something that had a vintage feel to it". If it do decide to paint them, I'll choose colors that compliment the warm tones of the bamboo, or whatever wood I'm using.