PDA

View Full Version : ego motor

Dardy2
09-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Has anyone had the ego v2 apart yet ? if so can you buy a replacement motor for them anywhere many thanks in advance for any information :)

Jack Steel
09-27-2014, 09:37 AM
why would you need a new one?

as far as i know they use Faulhaber

Dardy2
10-01-2014, 12:59 PM
thanks just that I've got 3 of them i use daily so at some point i expect them to burn out so it may be cheaper to replace the motor instead of purchasing a new machine :) thanks again

hardlucktattoo
10-02-2014, 01:48 PM
im looking a motor too its a 1717

Jack Steel
10-03-2014, 05:15 AM
with a special shaft n flywheel

Dardy2
11-14-2014, 09:17 PM
well last week the vice broke on one of my ego v2 so i got in touch with bez he asked for proof of purchase i explained i had got the said one in trade although i have bought one from his suppliers i offered to pay the cost of the repair and he has just ignored me after the first email he sent so please beware that he's not honouring the warranty if you got one in trade :((( just plain rude not to reply i like his machines customer service is shite i will never buy anything or recommend his machines to anyone again must have got at least 4 artists that i know of to get one....So the one thats broke i took apart to see whats inside haha i will be posting pictures up of it sometime next week if i have still not heard from him :)

aurelien
11-15-2014, 03:08 AM
I ve been waiting for an answer for too I guess I out of luck too since I got them in trades and conventions ...

Dardy2
11-15-2014, 09:42 AM
maybe he should let people know instead of being faking rude and not replying tosser

aurelien
11-15-2014, 01:21 PM
well yeah I mean I mean they still are his own machines after all :/ I think it's the first time I heard of someone letting the warranty go off if they re bought or traded. As long as we don't interact with what's inside ? I understand there have a certain amount of fake being sold and everything, but still I'm sure he could make the difference between a fake and his own, right ? Unless they are perfectly identical which I doubt about it ?
Anyways, I have been talking to the ego machine fan page over facebook and the guy Liam (if I remember correctly, was super nice and helpful, although it appears he couldn't do much about my issues, two v1s out of three getting super loud).
If I'm correct you have a v2 which hasn't need chinesed up anyway, have they ?

aurelien
11-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey Dardy2 Here are the mails I exchanged with Liam :
Hi there,

I think the no response was unintentional because HQ have only recently moved to a new site: http://team-ego.businesscatalyst.com/home.html.

In regards to the warranty. It is voided through trade/second hand purchase. However, technical information and repairs may still be available.

Thanks again!

Kind regards

Liam

If you are interested, body casings are available for £20 (postage will be quoted) through the link?

Thanks again

hardlucktattoo
11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
if anyone has a broken one let me know i need the motor and part that holds motor....

Dardy2
11-25-2014, 03:54 PM
thanks pal i offered to pay for repairing it didn't even get a reply :( it's the casing on my v2 thats broke on the vice they have not copied it yet as far as i know :) Thanks for the heads up pal and the link