PDA

View Full Version : Tiger tattoo in progress

thejackco
10-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi, I want to post this tattoo I have in progress, ii would be a full tiger with color dragon wings ( the customer wants that). I wonder if there is any trick for doing the "hairs" on the mouth ( mustache). Do you keep the negative space blank and fill with a white line or make a black line for guide and put a white close to it so the black look like the shaded part.. or what tricks do you use? Thanks and feel free to give any critique so I can improve. Thanks.

tonoglasgow
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM
i do it both ways......in negative or maybe adding very light line on the top or bottom of each whisker.....you can do a white line first to don't lose your transfer and at the end....when you are adding the highlights give it a second pass in case that the first one has become a bit dirty........hope that helps......y si no me has entendido te lo explico en castellano ,jajajaja

tonoglasgow
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Anyway looks great so far...

thejackco
10-02-2014, 04:50 PM
i do it both ways......in negative or maybe adding very light line on the top or bottom of each whisker.....you can do a white line first to don't lose your transfer and at the end....when you are adding the highlights give it a second pass in case that the first one has become a bit dirty........hope that helps......y si no me has entendido te lo explico en castellano ,jajajaja
Thanks, I did it that way, but are not too satisfied with the result, I would like it to be sharper. I guess I need more experience with this kind of complicated parts. It also would helps a bigger tattoo, this one is too small for too much detail with little experience.