PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly Vs Hyper V3 or Hawk

tonoglasgow
10-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi there,....i have a Dragonfly that really i'm not using a lot....and I'm thinking in a trade for a V3 or Hawk....what are your thoughts and recommendations?Any experience out there???Thanks in advance..

Tattoo junk
10-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi there,....i have a Dragonfly that really i'm not using a lot....and I'm thinking in a trade for a V3 or Hawk....what are your thoughts and recommendations?Any experience out there???Thanks in advance..

hi!!

i will share my thoughts.
2 completely diffrent machines and both my favorites.
thunder and v3

It all depends where you are comming from, iff the dragonfly hits to soft then both machines have way more power, still wanna use regulars?...Then hyper is the only choice, carts and regulars hyper again...carts only the cheyenne and also the hyper haha!!!
iff you are used to use give a hyper is a better choice, iff u are comfortable using a hard hitting direkt drive or no give machine then a thunder is a great tool.

i never used the hyper for carts and i never will i guess.

the hyper is rc and clip cord and is easy to combine with you other machines, the cheyenne is not with that lil jack plug

Like with all machines It all comes down to the hands using them.

i recomend both but its up to you what you prefer.

tonoglasgow
10-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Cheers Junk....I'm quiet happy with the Beasts that are without give....Possibly i'll go with the V3 to have a machine with Give...

Tattoo junk
10-04-2014, 05:33 AM
The v3 has a unique feel, nice balance, i think theres a reason why they are still sold for so long...ITS AWESOME and nearly perfect!!

you wont regret it...the range of give give works way better with the hyper v3 than with the bizarres v2 (just my opinion)
but i use the bizarres without give and they are nice too...but i prefer hyper for b&g but it can do it all

greetings

poleson
10-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Using a V3 made me realize that I prefer a non linear action for shading. The V3's swash drive seems to put it in faster and with softer edges than a linear action, like a halo, vivace, or dragonfly. Though, I have never used a dragonfly.

It's also better for using mags side to side. With a perfect linear action I have to be more careful to avoid cutting the skin. I have never had that problem with the V3.

tonoglasgow
11-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks....tomorrow I'll have the v3,any suggestion s for settling s?more interested for black and grey and for blending colours

poleson
11-18-2014, 02:45 AM
I run mine at 8.4V and I adjust the give depending on the task. For me, I like the give very soft for black and grey (almost all the way unscrewed) and just a little give for packing. One item of note is that I've noticed the machine gets exponentially louder the more give you allow it. Though, it seems to work fine.
Also, if you want to remove the needle bar tensioner it's a .9mm hex wrench...I found out the hard way and stripped my screw.

tonoglasgow
11-18-2014, 05:02 AM
That's great thanks poleson,i've been doing black and grey with the beast for a while now,and i felt that sometimes i need a little bit more softer hitting,excited to try it today!!!

tonoglasgow
11-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Any thoughts about give and volts for packing colour???I didn't try for colour yet but in love for b&g...