PDA

View Full Version : neotat problems sorted thanks to Ray

jdoubled
05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
ok, so i got a neotat standard stroke about a month ago, used it maybe 3-4 times. i ordered an rca backplate and long stroke motor 3 weeks ago. i inquired a week later and was told my order was not received but they got a payment so i told them what i needed/ordered. then i email again since i had neither heard nor received anything yet. they said they didnt know my address and needed to know what my frame looked like to make sure the parts would fit. now its been 3 weeks and i receive an rca backplate and nothing else, which i paid $ 90 for. now i emailed them back that im sending the machine and backplate back for a refund as im disgusted with the whole deal and they let me know i can only get a refund for the part i got and the part i paid for but didnt receive.
so i have to say that the whole experience was HORRIBLE and lengthy and ive spent over 365$ on something i will not use more than the 4 times i tried it (due to standard stroke), not to mention im so soured that i wont even try to make the machine work out....
it shouldnt take 3 weeks and over 5 emails to still get it WRONG !!!
last email i got was for me to send the machine back and have them change the parts but i dont think im gonna spend more money and wait time after the series of mess-ups thus far...im over it, with a loss.

Zapp
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Sorry this sounds not be a problem if its inside the u.s.a and i think it is !

jdoubled
05-26-2011, 09:41 PM
the problem is that if i hadnt emailed back a week later i wouldnt have ever received anything, i was forgotten about. then had i not emailed again another week later i would have received nothing cos they "didnt know where to send it" somehow, yet didnt email me to ask about it. then sent me half of what i paid for...good thing i dont operate like that as a tattooist ! you wanted a what ? heh

Zapp
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
If you order from Ray directly i am sure he had to say something too and solve the problem asap !

jdoubled
05-26-2011, 10:05 PM
well ive been excited to get the parts i ordered for 3 weeks now, thinking id really like the machine if it had a longer stroke. then i open the box that took entirely too long to receive and that part isnt even in there and the rca backplate i did receive is irrelevent considering i just wanna throw it all in the trash now. im out money/part i ordered and cant even entertain using it anyhow, just angry about the whole experience...trying to inform people so they have an idea of what could potentially happen. mistakes happen, but there were mistakes every step of the way, only to end up where i started 3 weeks ago...minus 90-ish more dollars. if i continually made mistakes with the same customer i certainly wouldnt expect them to come back or be excited about their experience

jdoubled
05-26-2011, 10:17 PM
ok, i was just issued a refund for the parts and im done with it. just gonna put the machine away somewhere and call it a loss but they did take care of the refund which i do appreciate. wish it wouldnt have gone down like that cos i was excited about it for a few weeks there

Alie K
05-26-2011, 10:27 PM
ok, i was just issued a refund for the parts and im done with it. just gonna put the machine away somewhere and call it a loss but they did take care of the refund which i do appreciate. wish it wouldnt have gone down like that cos i was excited about it for a few weeks there

Good to hear that everything got worked out.

One thing to consider - don't go calling your 'useless' machine a loss. There's a classified section on the forum. Neotats are one machine that gets snapped up in a hurry. Take a picture of it and post it. You may get a good trade on it, or be able to sell it. We don't charge any fees like ebay does.

The Limey
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Alie beat me to it, post the machine up here for a trade or whatever... someone will snap it up I'm sure.

However, if it were me that had ordered the parts and then got a reply to my email saying they had no trace of it, I'd have picked up the phone and made sure they had all the details and sorted it out that way... food for thought imho

rjdadio
05-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, I'm sorry to hear this. It is a communication breakdown, and I admitt it was on our end. We are running behind on orders, and this is one of those that fell apart and then my shipping girl made a mistake too and sent the wrong thing......and I'l bet that someone got the motor that Jeff ordered.....Score for someone and a sour taste for another.

After the last conversation, we refunded him for the misorder. Our offer to modify it still stands and I hope he will send it back like he said he would, but we have to know if it can be modified.
As many of you know, I am always working to make the machines better and the 3.5mm crankwheel may not just drop in and run.....it may be too large in diameter. I changed out the crankwheel diameter sometime back, and earlier frames didn't have the clearance inside to accept the longer stroke. Now all the frames are machined to accept a much longer stroke incase some day I offer that.

So I hope he sends the machine back so I, myself, can change it out.

-Ray

rjdadio
05-26-2011, 11:39 PM
This just fits with the way things have gone around here.

I ordered a new screw compressor made in good old USA, well it took a couple of months to get built for me. So I get the call that it is shipping.....Yah- Hoo! A week goes by and I'm wondering where it is, so I track it with the number they gave me only to find that it was shipped to Miami Florida and not Miami Arizona where I'm at. Then it goes back to the terminal in FL and gets lost! OK, found and now it gets directed my way..... it shows up last Friday....finally! Then we move it into the shop and unwrap it only to find it's not the voltage I ordered.....bummer.

The same week I ordered 4 Kurt doublelock vises for a machining center I have coming and those get shipped to Ohio and not Arizona.....where they were supposed to go. So the company gets that fixed and they arrived. That one didn't make any sense to me....Cleveland? maybe if it was Miami Ohio.

Then today I get the message that the swiss automatic shop doesn't want to make my parts now! This after they gave me a quote and I accepted it 3+ months ago and then only to get the job bumped how many times and now to say nope. ARRRGG! So now I'm having to set up machines to make the crankwheels again myself....and we just put the last ones we had on motors today and there aren't anymore til I make some more.
So I will be staying here all night so we can have parts tommorow. And I talked with the swiss guy a couple of days ago....

Then back to the machining center......I check on it today because I'm expecting that to ship any day, and guess what?My luck..... It was going to go to Florida also! I can't believe this!!!.....glad I caught it before it made the trip across the country like my compressor......

And back to that compressor......they say, "oh it's ok it will run at that voltage." a 208v compressor on 245V....sure it will run....hot and pull more current! Ok I will test it out. So I go to hook it up and the outlet that should be a 3/4 NPT fitting is way too big...the nipple threads all the way in and doesn't seal! Finally yesterday I get a call back from the manufacture who says "we will send out a fitting that will seal." Why didn't they send the fitting with it or maybe have a fitting installed that was correct?

So I don't know what is in the air around here lately, but it can move down the road and effect someone else! I want a break!

Again, Jeff send that critter back so I can fix it up for you......sorry to share some of my air.

merky
05-27-2011, 01:25 AM
ray come back to humboldt for some r and r some fishing hunting, hiking, mind melting numbness .

rjdadio
05-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Boy, I need something.....I'm gray enough as it is!

I had planned on a 10 day backpacking trip on the Pacific Crest Trail this summer late July, but at this rate I may have to cancel. I paid for the plane trip to Seattle and my share of the trip.....i will probably give my place away. There is a friend of mine who just lost his job who wanted to go but could not get time off.....now he is unemployed.....so I may give him my spot.

merky
05-27-2011, 02:48 AM
your a good man ray , that makes a great machine that helps people feed there kids and pay there bills. after all the stuff in your life gets fixed,there will be a another set of problems, so take the time to enjoy life.

darkink
05-27-2011, 03:26 AM
You should have been around for the 9 month neuma hybrid wait. With no as in no info from them….And paid up front… and they were junk.

Ironically I just ordered a back plate rca and motor this week..lol and a new neo

Ray I have tried all neumas ,stealths, arion cains, paco rollins, stigmas, swiss rotarys... and so far the neo tat I have with a half screwed motor is my favorite…

i should add looks like the motor was wet. not rays fault....i got it used. and i have a long stroke(i was going to trade but thought i try it as a liner and just order a new mid) i use as a liner ....but the mid stroke is best for me

2eckies
06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Ray is a good man, a busy as hell man, and neotats are killer machines, this was just a lil slip in a growing company, shit happens, the title of this thread bugs me

The Limey
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Ray is a good man, a busy as hell man, and neotats are killer machines, this was just a lil slip in a growing company, shit happens, the title of this thread bugs me

It shouldn't now :)

RyanDearringer
06-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I too have been religiously using the neo tats for a while. I accidentally let one hit the floor and bent the shaft on the motor, only to spend over a month now trying to get a replacement motor. Every time I call, I get a different reason why they are back ordered and it will be another week or so... then another... then another. I love the machines, they are a great product, but not worth having if the backend support isn't there. What really irks me is that they are willing to sell me a new machine all together, but can't come off a motor, essentially telling me that New clients are more important than standing clients, or even that they have more concern with making a buck than taking care of the people that have gotten them where they are. pull a motor out of one in stock and sell me it... whats so hard about that. I have no desire to buy another machine if you won't help me maintain what I already have. Get it together people.

Administrator
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
NeoTat uses Maubuchi motors, anything from Maubuchi is on back order and has been for some time due to the earthquake and tsunami in japan. I am sure Ray will pop on here soon and give you a more strait answer and solution soon.

rjdadio
06-10-2011, 09:20 PM
The motor thing is making me ill.....I have a large order for motors with Mabuchi now for some months now. When I tried contacting them around the time of the tsunami to check on my order, I could not get hold of anyone at Mabuchi.....all emails bounced and all phone calls could not go thru. There used to be a sales contact in California with the company but they did away with that office with the current down turn in the econony, is all I can amagin.

When I placed the original motor order I was told it would be a minimum of 19 weeks for delivery because the motor I use is a special build and not a stock item. At last comunication I was told the motors would be ready on June 17th, and by ocean shipment that would be the middle of July before we would have them .....so with that, I asked to have 500 of them shipped by AIR EXPRESS so I would get them in a couple of days after the finish date. I don't care what the cost is to ship!! I just want them to get here for my customers.

I am very sorry for the delays, but there is nothing more I can do. I even ordered 250 motors from Kysan motors giving them my specs to help with the delay, but these turned out not to meet my specs and I will not use them.

SO,
We were holding motors for the orders we have now.... and as of this time we have enough in stock to fill about 1/2 of the pending orders.....so next week we will be completely out of motors.

When things change I will let you know.

rjdadio
06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
What I could do for Ryan is.... I can offer removing a motor from one of my old demo machines to give him to get going for now, and I would just send it free of charge.

slicksteel
06-10-2011, 10:16 PM
hey ray is there any us made motor makers that make ones that might be similer to the one you use so japan don't always got you by the balls-stressin ya out.tru it might not be the same specs but it might be better in the long run for your biz.

rjdadio
06-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I haven't found one. Everyone outsources now-a-days......don't know what happened to "made in this country" anymore. I would be happy to buy from Canada or Mexico and keep it in North America!

The problem is I should have ordered sooner.....I'll take the blame! I didn't take into consideration natural disasters.....should have planned for that!

All nonsense aside.....Japan is in a real bad spot and my prayers go out for them.

slicksteel
06-11-2011, 01:46 AM
ahhh maybe some should open a biz and make motors for use rotary heads!

Zapp
06-11-2011, 09:10 AM
The motor thing is making me ill.....I have a large order for motors with Mabuchi now for some months now. When I tried contacting them around the time of the tsunami to check on my order, I could not get hold of anyone at Mabuchi.....all emails bounced and all phone calls could not go thru. There used to be a sales contact in California with the company but they did away with that office with the current down turn in the econony, is all I can amagin.

When I placed the original motor order I was told it would be a minimum of 19 weeks for delivery because the motor I use is a special build and not a stock item. At last comunication I was told the motors would be ready on June 17th, and by ocean shipment that would be the middle of July before we would have them .....so with that, I asked to have 500 of them shipped by AIR EXPRESS so I would get them in a couple of days after the finish date. I don't care what the cost is to ship!! I just want them to get here for my customers.

I am very sorry for the delays, but there is nothing more I can do. I even ordered 250 motors from Kysan motors giving them my specs to help with the delay, but these turned out not to meet my specs and I will not use them.

SO,
We were holding motors for the orders we have now.... and as of this time we have enough in stock to fill about 1/2 of the pending orders.....so next week we will be completely out of motors.

When things change I will let you know.

Maybe Mabuchi Europe have one in stock,when they send it with UPS you will have it in 3 Days ! But you say the motor is special made for you ! Yust a idea !
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US/company/c_0406.html

RyanDearringer
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM
What I could do for Ryan is.... I can offer removing a motor from one of my old demo machines to give him to get going for now, and I would just send it free of charge.

Ray... I would appreciate that greatly. As I said... They are a great product and I love the machines. I am perfectly willing to pay for the motor as well. I am not looking for handouts, only a solution to my problem. Thank you brother. Should I call and ask for you?

Administrator
06-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Heads up! I know Ray's gonna be up here a few days for the Toronto Convention so getting a hold of him will be difficult until next week.

rjdadio
06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
hey Ryan, we had motors come in Monday and I sent one out to you
-Ray

dave6980
08-01-2011, 03:34 AM
damn i dont even know ray but have purchased a neo long few weeks ago cant wait to get it ray you seem like a hell of a guy good job man deff seem like a strait shooter love the machines and cant wait for my new one

RyanDearringer
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Thank you very much... sorry so late to post. I really do appreciate you going out of your way to help out my situation. You are the man!