PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Machines?

Patrick
10-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Over the last few years, I've collected and tried quite a few rotaries. The ones I've kept, I try to keep in regular rotation. But some just don't get used as much.
Yesterday I decided to break out my Swashdrive Whip and use it for the whole day. With T-Techs, it lined, shaded and colored like a lightweight little monster.
I feel like everyone's familiar with these machines but they don't seem to get a lot of the hype or recognition that some of the newer (fancier) machines get.
So, I'd like to know what machines you all consider underrated. Liners, shaders, all 'rounders that you feel don't get enough love.
Cheers,
Patrick

clint morrison
10-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I have an adjustable stroke swashdrive gen 8 that is the holy grail for me. I don't see them around much but it's brilliant. Quickly adjustable from 2mm to 4 if I had to guess. Adjustable hit and stroke on the fly. Add the weight and you got a whole different hit. Amazing. I asked Tony very nicely and he fortunately made one or me.

OwlsDen
10-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah the whip is an amazing little machine. Haven't tried it with carts yet.

Ofeloner
10-19-2014, 01:18 PM
I have an adjustable stroke swashdrive gen 8 that is the holy grail for me. I don't see them around much but it's brilliant. Quickly adjustable from 2mm to 4 if I had to guess. Adjustable hit and stroke on the fly. Add the weight and you got a whole different hit. Amazing. I asked Tony very nicely and he fortunately made one or me.

You had to ask him to make this for you??.I thought they allready made and sold gen8..?.

clint morrison
10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't think they come With the adjustable stroke standard....but they might now. Anyways it's a great machine either way. But yeah I didn't think he made a gen 8 just for little old me haha

cagelavey
10-19-2014, 01:44 PM
the gen 8 he has pictured has a stroke knob on the top, the regular gen 8s do not, that's what I think he is referring too

nivek
10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
The Diablos are great little machines for the money for sure

Patrick
10-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Yeah the whip is an amazing little machine. Haven't tried it with carts yet.

They work great with carts! Only have to up the volts a tiny bit.
With the weight set and adjusting the give, you can get them to do just about anything. One of the more versatile machines out there.

biggietattoos
10-19-2014, 09:19 PM
I think the Ego gets a little less cred than deserves. It's a versatile machine and one of the best small grouping liner rotaries out there. The Stigma Hyper V3 seems to get less love these days but that thing is one of the smoothest machines I've ever used.

cagelavey
10-20-2014, 12:08 AM
The stylus H. Does awesome lines with 3 to 9 round groupings, and packs color like no one's business! I'd say it's underrated because people think the motor isn't strong enough, they couldn't be more wrong. it's a really nice versatile machine that really does it all.

Brian Russell
10-20-2014, 12:22 AM
The Hyper 3 is an awesome piece of machinery for sure. As far as underrated goes, I'd say the Neotat Vivace. I have no issues performing any task with them that I want to. They push ttech beautifully and damn near completely silent. Weight and balance feels about as close to perfect for me as it gets. I've yet to find another linear/slide type machine that I like better.

I also feel the Stigma Bizarre V2 was fairly underrated as well. I have ran one regularly for almost four years and it has yet to fail me. I mainly use it to pack/whip with the give completely closed. I have tried a lot of rotaries over the past few years and it is one that I could never be without. If something was to happen to it tomorrow, I would immediately replace it.

Ofeloner
10-20-2014, 12:36 AM

I know this is off subject,, but I was womdering, I was looking at the Gen8 and I saw that they had two different types.a give one and a non give one..has anyone tryd both ot heard about both?.what's the verdict?.witch ones best?

darkness
10-20-2014, 04:58 AM
i hat some trouble with the gen8 ,the client is coming back with a lot of falling lines :( ..i hat never this problem before and so i have not the trust in this machine anymore. But i try now the stroke hub ,maybe its better

Joshuarowlands
11-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Dringenberg coils are fairly underrated. I got a shader in a trade and it is absolutely perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk