PDA

View Full Version : thunder with spinner power

Tinus
11-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi folks.
Question. i almost made up my mind of buying a cheyenne hawk thunder machine.
Anyone knows if it runs good with a swashdrive spinner power supply?
I had the first cheyenne hawk a few weeks ago and it only started at 9 volts.
I was thinking of going to my supplier and bring my spinner with me just to test it but this would save me a trip.
Cheers

slicksteel
11-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I believe you need the hawk startup cable with all other no hawk powersupply-it starts it at high volts then drops it down.

Tinus
11-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I believe you need the hawk startup cable with all other no hawk powersupply-it starts it at high volts then drops it down.
i thought thevsame thing. But was thought maybe the thunder works differen than the original hawk.

cagelavey
11-04-2014, 05:40 PM
With my thunder I run a cx-1 v2, with t-techs they start at like six volts and any volt higher with no problem. When using official Cheyenne carts I start them at 12v one time run it like 10sec., then I can drop it down and start at way lower volts thru the entire tattoo, no problem. But not a huge deal at all.

Tinus
11-04-2014, 05:50 PM
With my thunder I run a cx-1 v2, with t-techs they start at like six volts and any volt higher with no problem. When using official Cheyenne carts I start them at 12v one time run it like 10sec., then I can drop it down and start at way lower volts thru the entire tattoo, no problem. But not a huge deal at all.
thanks. Realy? Do they run that different? I got a big stack of cheyenne carts but maybe wil try the t-techs carts. But realt dont know if regulations here in holland would let me use t-techs :-( they only alloud cartridge needles with a membrane as far as i know.