PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Flite infos?

thesmokingmirror
11-10-2014, 06:35 PM
I see a lot of Flite support on this forum but I dont see a thread dedicated to the machine or any reviews on here. Can some users give some recommendations of their setups and what they are using them for? Ill add to this once I get the hang of it, on the inkjecta site it just says to run from 9-20 volts thats not very helpful lol:p

Patrick
11-11-2014, 09:58 AM
I run mine with the 4mm cam and soft bar at 12-15v for most lining and solid color. And 3 mm with hard bar at 10-13v for color blending and b&g. Still playing around with the voltage, though.

thesmokingmirror
11-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the tips!

thesmokingmirror
11-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Ive been trying different settings a lot of people prefer the 4mm with the soft bar. I tried that recently and when I go past 11 v the spring gets wobbly? Is the spring bad im assuming? Seems fine up to 10.9

bluerocker
11-26-2014, 05:14 PM
just to add my findings,,,ive always been and said I always would be a no give user,,,i tried all the hard settings for the flite at a range of volts but couldn't nail each task with one setup,,,so I packed it and shelved and switched back to my spirit,,,actually sold one of my flites thinking I would never need 2 and kept on eback just incase I ever wanted to try again with it,,,,,i decided to give it one more go a few days back and sell it to fund a thunder,,,then I had a moment lol,,,I asked myself just how much 'give' these bars actually do actually give,,,i mean ya can only really test it by pushing the inner part of the cart needle housing up I guess,,,and tried it first with the soft spring at 10v on 3.5mm cam,,,and I was a lil surprised it didn't give at all,,,so now im assuming the bars dont actually work like give on say a swashdrive whip or hyper v3 as standard give seeing the needle actually backing up,,but more of how hard it pushes the plunger on the cart,,,this could be totally wrong of course just a line of thinking,,,so with that in mind I kept that setup as it was 3.5,,soft bar,,10v,,,with about 2mm of needle out when running,,the results were amazing,,,it lined,,it packed,,,it shaded,,,0 trauma,,no redness,,no swelling,,,and it was serious fun!!! I did find my self slowing down a lil more than normal but seeing the results just made it better and more enjoyable,,,and for the bars flexin whilst running,,,put a band round it on the notches either side of the houing to steady it a little!!

thesmokingmirror
11-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Oh that makes sense I thought it didnt need rubber bands. Ive been using 4mm hardbar at 11 for most things works great, this was the first time I noticed any "wobbling"

bluerocker
11-26-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't think it's a given ya have to use bands mate...i do just for a bit more stability as yeah if the springs get a bit worn at higher volts they can completely misshapen when ya running them almost pop out sync....and I use a band for stabilising the rca aswell...The two hooks round the top of the cam housing...hook ya band in one side round ya rca and in the other side...If ya use a 90 rca cable!!! Try the soft or medium bar aswell but keep everything the same...and see how ya get on...defo was a game changer for me and I never liked any form of give...i think k.of it more as less force now lol

sacredsouls
11-26-2014, 06:33 PM
I had a flite and sold it and then realized I liked it so I got another one and it showed up today. I used the hard bar at 11 volts for lining and at 9.6 for b&g worked like a champ. I took a lighter to the bullet on the end of the bar and slid the ball off a wrath plunger on it and used a wrath disposable tube. The only other thing you have to do is put one layer of masking tape around the plastic stabilizer so if fits in the wrath tube and doesn't make extra noise.

sacredsouls
11-26-2014, 06:35 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php?t=11425

hellraiser6662
11-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Yea I've got 2 flitev2 and thats all I use. The set up is 2.5 soft bar, 11 volts. 3.5 hard bar, 11 to 12 volts. But as I was saying in another thread before I saw this one. What does the springs do? And where does the give comes from? If you set it up and run the machine and put you finger on the end of the cartridge there is no give it can't. The springs are already compressed so no movement. Plus to stop the soft bar from going out of shape I've found some isn't as true at the top so you need to twist them in the cam for the sweet spot. But i had a little play with a soft bar and made a true give bar with a true spring compression on the down stroke. It wasn't easy and resulted in making a bar from scratch from parts of other needle company. But i now have a true spring give in my soft bar.

sacredsouls
11-27-2014, 11:23 AM
I know this has been discussed before. It was all explained somewhere. I will look and if I can find it I will post back.

sacredsouls
11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php?t=8440

Here is the thread about all the info when they first came out. There is talk about it not actually being a give system more of a dampening. I ain't quite sure how it works but it does. Some have said it is a stretch thing and some have said it is a side to thing.

bluerocker
12-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Does anybody know the hz/cps conversion to voltage with the flite? Just wondering

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I only run rigid bars anymore . usually the 3mm cam. In the 12 volt range.i liked the 3.5 mm cam .the 4mm cam did nothing for me.very vibratey.i don't like strokes longer than 3.5 though.i need to try the new 3.25 cam!

sacredsouls
12-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Mr Dist suggested I try the 3.5 cam with the rigid bar at 12.8 volts and I did it and damn if it doesn't work spectacular. I have only done black and grey wth that set up but I got a color piece tonight and I am gonna try the same setup and see how that goes.

poleson
12-10-2014, 11:48 AM
I only run rigid bars anymore . usually the 3mm cam. In the 12 volt range.i liked the 3.5 mm cam .the 4mm cam did nothing for me.very vibratey.i don't like strokes longer than 3.5 though.i need to try the new 3.25 cam!
I have limited experience with mine. I have used it for about 10 hrs since I got it last week.

I'm running mine very similar to Nathan.

Rigid bar, 3mm cam. 13 V. I had to shorten my needle hang with this machine. I now set the needle just inside the tube tip so there is no chance of snagging (my hand speed is fast).

This setup has worked for me (so far). I'm happy with BnG, color, and fine lines. I Havnt had the opportunity to try larger lines.

This machine is amazing! Very quiet and stable with this setup. I'm using the vise model with kingpin 1.25" disposable cart tubes with ttechs.

Such a joy to use.

thesmokingmirror
03-14-2015, 03:39 PM
I dont have the lube from inkjecta, can I use any lube and how often does it need it?

poleson
03-15-2015, 01:25 AM
The lube is only for the tip of the bar where the bar meets the cartridge. They say you should put 1 drop before every session. But I have my doubts that the lube stays there long enough to lubricate.

Besides that you don't need to lube anything. It's a brushless motor, free of mechanical contact and it's a direct drive so no slides to lube.