PDA

View Full Version : needle wobble with a swashdrive gen7

chris-in-cali
05-29-2011, 10:03 PM
When i use my gen 7 I notice alot of needle wobble.
I'll use the same set-up(needle and tube) in a different machine....no wobble.
I solve this by using 3 bands, but this causes ink creep up the bar.

just wondering if anyone has experienced this or something like it with a different machine and could offer any tips cuzz it's pretty fucked!

Alie K
05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Some people have solved ink creep in a dragonfly by not bending the needle as much/putting less tension on the needle bar holder. How many rubber bands do you use? Do you put a lot of bend on your needle? I'm hoping to use gen7 soon. I'll let you know if I have the same issues.

chris-in-cali
05-30-2011, 12:21 AM
yes, i believe the ink creep is caused by to much tension on the needle bar.
But without using 3 bands for tension...there is a fair amount of needle wobble.

I guess I'll try not bending the bar at all...as of now, i only put a little.

Mr.Taboo
05-30-2011, 11:14 AM
What seemed to help me with the Dragonfly was putting a very slight bend and putting it down by where the grouping meets the bar.

slicksteel
05-30-2011, 11:27 AM
try some different brand tips -is this happing on shaders or liners or both? do you use round liners are triangle, disposable or metal-some times I have found that can make a big difference.

The Limey
05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Switch to the T-Tech cartridges, no wobble with those.

chris-in-cali
05-30-2011, 01:00 PM
try some different brand tips -is this happing on shaders or liners or both? do you use round liners are triangle, disposable or metal-some times I have found that can make a big difference.

I use tatsoul vortex tubes, I noticed that they run pretty tight, which makes the whole thing even weirder.
Haven't lined with the gen 7 yet, only running 7-15 mags, and it wobbles with them all. Use the gen 6 to line...shit is straight as a lazer.
I have used other disposables and still get wobble.
Kinda weird but it seems to be more of an up and down wobble then a side to side wobble.
Wanted to try the true tubes, but the price and the horrible price for shipping turned me off.

I'm about two seconds away from slapping the hard clip on to see if that makes a diffrence.

slicksteel
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
hit up gangstajay on here he usees one all the time and he has tried tons of tubes,i have heard the soft clip is only good upto 9mags

chris-in-cali
05-30-2011, 01:11 PM
cool bro, thanks for your time and replies.
Ya, last time i ran a 15 mag I switched to a different machine after about a minute.
Using it for 7-9's now.

Thanks again for the info bro!!

Alie K
05-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Had the hard clip on a gen 7, there was no wobble when I used it yesterday. Had 2 rubber bands on it. Maybe it's the soft clips.

chris-in-cali
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Had the hard clip on a gen 7, there was no wobble when I used it yesterday. Had 2 rubber bands on it. Maybe it's the soft clips.

I slapped the hard clip on and without actually tattooing anything yet...the machine seems to run alot smoother.
Still tho, i have to use at least 2 bands or i still get wobble...even with a vortex tube.
I think this is the perfect amount of tension tho, and should solve the ink creep problem.

So, how did you like the gen 7??????

Zophod12
06-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I use 3 or 4 rubberbands and bend the needle bar like a banna no shit. Everyone I work with uses this set up and works good when I use less bend and rubberbands I get ink creeping up the tube. I use both hard and soft clips but It defiantly happens more with thesoftclips. My gen 6 is 3 years old with daily use like this and its great
May seem like over kill butit is really that much more tension than a needle clip
And the soft clip works great for up to 25 mags don't be shy with the Voltage. 10 to 12 is good

tattoodee
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
i use the new needle runners you dont need bands on