PDA

View Full Version : The New Spektra Edge...is Here!

fkirons
12-08-2014, 01:25 AM
http://youtu.be/n9yErnhNqpk

I will make an in-depth post after I catch some sleep but don't want to kill anyone from anxiety so here we go:

This machine has been in the works since end of 2012.
We took the time to design and perfect each component. We also weren't able to disclose much during development because of the patenting process we were going through to protect some of the technologies we created.

- MultiVise: We wanted to offer artists a vise system that will provide a much more streamline look but at the same time, that would give them the flexibility to use Screw-On and Standard grips without the need of additional hardware.
This part, believe it or not was probably the most time consuming aspect of the whole design process. Designing a small, versatile, easy to operate and comfortable to the fingers vise system wasn't an easy task but I think we got pretty close :p
Unlike the rest of the machine, the chuck is sandblasted and anodized for better grip.

- Adjustable Stroke System: This is the first time that we introduce an adjustable stroke module for our HexDrive Mechanism that does not require interchanging parts.

- Variable Give and Non Give Version: We have two versions of the Edge. The "Edge" and Edge X".
Edge: Does not have not have give adjustment
Cost: $499.95

Edge X: (Variable Give On-The-Fly version) Not only we wanted to provide a cartridge machine with give, but we also wanted to be Variable On-the-Fly. This give system is different from the Halo and perhaps from most machines as the adjustable knob is perpenticular to the needle. it is also Micro adjustable as it only requires small increments to adjust. One full turn of the knob takes you from no give to full give.
We also designed it so it could work great with cartridges with different spring/ membrane tensions.
Cost: $549

-Pivoting DriveBar: Since cartridge grips are not a standard mechanism (yet) we wanted to ensure that we cover all bases or at least the most popular ones. The Drivebar will work with our RPGs, both disposables and autoclavable but also with Hawk and grips alike. The pivoting DriveBar pivots on its end join self aligning to with the cartridge when the machine is active. This stabilizes the bar and needle without the need of bushings causing additional friction and noise.

-MotorBolt HexDrive System: The Edge uses the same HexDrive MotorBolt as the Direkt, this means that if you have a Direkt you can interchange motors and will only be required to buy a body.

-Floating Slider ball stabilized: We picked a new material for the Slider of the Edge that has in its composition PTFE among its components making it resistant to wear but also self-lubricant.
And you guessed it, it glides on ball bearings configured in triangular position so there is no room for axial play.

-Aircraft aluminum enclosures: Just like all our machines, the housing of the entire machine is made out of a solid piece of 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum, mirror polished and anodized for durability and looks.

-Made in lovely America:

All the new technologies introduced in this machine and the Direkt are part of the "FKI Platform". A platform that will be available to other builders and we will be unveiling details soon.

You may not see the machine right away on our site because we are launching (Hopefully tomorrow) the new FKirons.com and official distributors.

No need to pre order, Machine will be available some time this week. Lead-time will be anywhere from 7-15 days, at least for the first month or so due to the number of machines that we need to fulfill to our distributors.

Any questions feel free to ask.
Now I'm going to bed. :)

UPDATE: We are happy to announce that the New Spektra Edge will ship out with Removable "DrivePin" for proper sanitation. Blister packed Disposable DrivePins will be available soon as well. Here are some of the renderings and I should have production pictures by tomorrow or so.
This entailed that we redesigned three parts on the machine that were already done but we thought this would make this machine even safer.

This should not affect the estimated delivery deadline of 2 weeks prior placing the order.

bigbadripple
12-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Ho Lee Shit

bigbadripple
12-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Where do I send my money? When can I send my money?

bigbadripple
12-08-2014, 02:01 AM
halo motorbolt compatible?

fkirons
12-08-2014, 03:05 AM
halo motorbolt compatible?
Only HexDrive MotorBolt Compatible. Same as the Direkt.

TattooDave
12-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Nice work! ;-)

hellraiser6662
12-08-2014, 05:15 AM
Link doesn't work on my phone.!

ATS
12-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Gastonomical! One more to add to my arsenal of (only) FK maquinas!! :P

acink
12-08-2014, 06:21 AM
That defo on my new-year list ill be holding of on for this :)

bluerocker
12-08-2014, 07:52 AM
and that's the 1 I been waiting for,,,all over this dude,,,dollar ready and waiting!!!

Ryanbluebirds
12-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Very interested in this. Does the new swivel bar work on the Direkt? How does the non give version differ from the direkt outside of the new vise system?

Tat2dPinoy
12-08-2014, 11:06 AM
dammit right before xmas :p
nice work as always Gaston!

When will you be selling the Edge bodies separately?

bluerocker
12-08-2014, 11:23 AM
and that's the wife getting nowt for xmas ;),,,black edge x ordered!!!

DavidEngbaek
12-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Sheesh... that Video made me have a Machinegasm!
Awesome!

Denner
12-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I want one :)

nathan bauer
12-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Great now I have to go home and change my pants.....looks great! Looking ford to this one!

tatu richie
12-08-2014, 03:30 PM
kool

kusobaka
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Thank you so much for making this. I've only been tattooing "for reals" for 3 years, so I know my opinion doesn't count for much yet, but this is what I've been dreaming of. So many real issues addressed with this machine. I can't imagine what it took to engineer it, but the finished product is beautiful, functional, & simple-seeming. Fucking bravo! Game over.

B.C. Smith
12-08-2014, 07:42 PM
So killer, almost ordered an Inkjecta Flite v2 today, then saw this came out...been waiting for this for over 6 months. I ordered the Bubblegum Pink Edge X. Definitely hoping to get news about the Swivel bar for the direct too. Can't wait to get my hands on this beautiful little machine. :D

Dreviltattoo
12-08-2014, 08:02 PM
looks cool

sacredsouls
12-08-2014, 08:56 PM
You said this pusher bar is compatible with all cart tubes. How can that be when the wrath tubes are full hollow like the ttech tubes are? There isn't anything inside them to keep them centered. Just curious as I wanna get this machine but wanna continue using the tubes I have until there gone.

kusobaka
12-08-2014, 10:43 PM
You said this pusher bar is compatible with all cart tubes. How can that be when the wrath tubes are full hollow like the ttech tubes are? There isn't anything inside them to keep them centered. Just curious as I wanna get this machine but wanna continue using the tubes I have until there gone.

From reading the pusher bar description & looking at the photos, it seems like it's centered by the flexing mechanism of the bar itself & maybe some kind of guide before the vise so the piece in the actual tube remains centered. I imagine it like a piston in an engine cylinder with the bar sticking out of the end. I have big hands so I like the 1.25 wrath tubes. I'd also like to try the ego adjustable ones but I'm still waiting on a standard vise adapter. This looks like it takes care of all that at once. Curious about the actual carts in the video. Also the reverse threading ;)

kusobaka
12-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Oh wow. I just put it together. Spektra Edge X. SEX. It is damn good-lookin...if only James Brown was still around

e_Bangs
12-09-2014, 03:17 AM
I hope them carts have super soft bands or springs in the future hint hint take some stress off the motor....

PAWNJOB
12-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Is there any difference in feel or performance between the no-give Edge and the Edge X cranked down to a no-give setting?

Really excited about this machine!

sacredsouls
12-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I was wondering the same thing pawnjob. Does the x with the give shut all the way down have the rigidity of the no give machine. I am super curious about these machines.

If this thing works well which I am sure it does because gaston is on top his game. You would have to ease of use of his machines and all the benefits of the leading machines out today.

nathan bauer
12-09-2014, 11:15 AM
My main question : is the drive bar removable for claving?

nathan bauer
12-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Just ordered some grips from fk irons.the nice lady on the phone told me the drive bar on the edge is not removable for claving purposes.....so crushed...

cagelavey
12-09-2014, 07:27 PM
this looks like what ive been waiting for. I love my thunder use it daily but this just looks like it has it all, an adjustable stroke wheel is amazing! the fact that you can use whatever tube you like is crazy awesome, and the stationary drive bar means a precise hit every time!, just blown away!! one sexy machine, now all I have to do is sell my spirit to get me closer to the edge! awesome job Gaston, the halo was an alright machine, the direkt, was beautiful and a step above most other machines, now I just think you have literally killed the game with this one!

Dreviltattoo
12-09-2014, 10:30 PM
the drive bar on my hawks aren't autoclavable either. neither is any coil machine or any surface i use. that's why they make germicidals.

kusobaka
12-10-2014, 01:49 AM
wurd. if what you're using has a 7-10 min kill time then I could see how it might seem ridiculous, but opticide is 3min & the newer cavicide1 is only 1min. not too hard to keep something wet for 1min.

JoeyJimz
12-10-2014, 02:53 AM
My wallet can't keep up with you guys lol where the buy back promos lol jk. Looks like a nice machine def one i would like to have. I'm gonna have to save up some money for this lol

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 09:26 AM
wurd. if what you're using has a 7-10 min kill time then I could see how it might seem ridiculous, but opticide is 3min & the newer cavicide1 is only 1min. not too hard to keep something wet for 1min.
That is disinfection. Not sterilization...

cagelavey
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
using something like cavicide 3 or madicide for the allotted amount of time required is actually called cold sterilization, js.

artoftatt2
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah If I cant sterilize the bar its a no go.. It would be like saying I can reuse needle bars just by wiping them off

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 11:26 AM
That is disinfection. Not sterilization...

No its not.those are not cold sterilants.wavicide for 10 hours is a cold sterilant.last post on this subject in this thread.read your chemicals...that is why they are called hard surface disinfectant s

cagelavey
12-10-2014, 11:39 AM
this conversation happens a lot, understandably. I think there is very little chance that cross contamination can occur by cold sterilizing the drive bars in Cheyenne's or in the edge. to each is there own, but I always thought that it was kind of odd how this is such a cause for concern when the people who seem to make this argument the most are dedicated coil users. I know that's a different subject all together, but in my opinion( just my opinion) coil machines are a perpetual breeding ground for bacteria and cross contamination. even when machine bags are used, bio spray is a factor when using traditional needle bar setups. with this being a legitimate cause for concern when considering possible cross contamination it gets glossed over as being ok? and I know that people aren't autoclaving their coil machines. in my opinion cold sterilizing a drive bar and using disposable cart systems seems a way safer course of action then actually using a coil machine that cant be autoclaved either. all i am saying is if cold sterilization is bad, the it is bad in any event right down to using coils. i also would like to say im not trying to argue with anyone, I respect all our opinions I just think a lot of times there are double standards as to what is ok in this industry based on what people prefer or where taught not on actual statistical fact. again, just my opinion, thanks for listening :-)

artoftatt2
12-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I use rotary machines that can be cleaned after every tattoo I also don't think that the cheyenne can be cleaned properly because of the contaimenents in the head of the actual machine. The drive bar only sticks out so far.. What goes up must come down right?

cagelavey
12-10-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't know, i hear what youre saying artoftatt2 its all pretty scary, id just have to see some hard facts that cold sterilizing a drive bar is ineffective, I cant just believe it is because someone says it is, that's all. In any event I think we are heading in the right direction with all of it, gets better everyday. in any event I don't want to highjack the thread any longer, lol. love the look of the machine Gaston, cant wait to get my hands on one!

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 11:59 AM
New thread started!

fkirons
12-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Sorry I took this long to reply. We are working on a different system of disposable "DrivePins" that will be available soon and you'll be able to use in the Edge. They will come in packages pre sterile. We have not forgot that aspect. We just don't want to delay the launch any longer as there are many people successfully sanitizing their bars with cold sterilization methods.

It is actually a pin that goes over the drive bar. Like a sleeve.

Now...If ink caps will be pre packed and sterile and self adherent. this would be a home run. Or perhaps we are working in that too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Happy happy !!!!

artoftatt2
12-10-2014, 10:34 PM
That's good news

poleson
12-11-2014, 08:39 AM
http://vitaltattoomachines.com

Looks like a hybrid ripoff of the direkt with the edge vise.

I'd gladly pay 30% more for the real thing.

And these guys are in the USA. Thats BS!

nathan bauer
12-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I saw this as well on facebook.would love to hear either side weigh in....

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 10:42 AM
who cares, its the way every thing is going, there is bound to be others going down this same road, with the advent of adaptors and such people have been looking to achieve this very thing. gaston has been working on this design since 2012 im sure all his patents are in order, the good thing is that they are in the us, because patent laws do matter here. heres the edge, they can jump off of it, lol.

asA
12-11-2014, 10:45 AM
I saw this as well on facebook.would love to hear either side weigh in....

Really.. this whole copy of a copy of a machine has been beaten to death... all these machines have ALL their ideas borrowed. Why do we still wanna argue over who is copying who? Nothing new here.

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree this should just stay a thread dedicated to the edge

sacredsouls
12-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Sorry for being off topic still and this isn't a bash but wasn't the first vise system like this on the neuma years ago? Obviously not compatible with the hawk grip but the crush system for standard tubes.

sacredsouls
12-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I agree with Asa that all idea at this point are borrowed upon to a point. While I am sure there are improvements along the way each time it is hard to be 100% when everything has been done really.

Tat2dPinoy
12-11-2014, 12:29 PM
dammit right before xmas :p
nice work as always Gaston!

When will you be selling the Edge bodies separately?

Heads up, they changed the site, you now can order the machine bodies separately and I did! black edge x body otw ftw

brandonmull
12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
for those that have concerns over the cartridge bar, is there not a simple solution of some sort of slip on condom style barrier to keep it covered inside the grip?

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 02:12 PM
hey gaston does the se-x maintain zero give when locked down all the way, or is there a difference between the se-x and the no give version? can you achieve absolute no give with the se-x?

sacredsouls
12-11-2014, 02:47 PM
hey gaston does the se-x maintain zero give when locked down all the way, or is there a difference between the se-x and the no give version? can you achieve absolute no give with the se-x?

I spent about a half an hour on the phone with gaston yesterday and when locked down the x has zero give. He simply made the edge for the people that know they like no give on a rotary was his explanation. He said he is making one machine that has all the options packed in. Said coil machines have had give for 100 years and he thinks people should have the option. And in his opinion he said this give system is the closest give to a coil you could have.

sacredsouls
12-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Sorry I took this long to reply. We are working on a different system of disposable "DrivePins" that will be available soon and you'll be able to use in the Edge. They will come in packages pre sterile. We have not forgot that aspect. We just don't want to delay the launch any longer as there are many people successfully sanitizing their bars with cold sterilization methods.

It is actually a pin that goes over the drive bar. Like a sleeve.

Now...If ink caps will be pre packed and sterile and self adherent. this would be a home run. Or perhaps we are working in that too ;)

for those that have concerns over the cartridge bar, is there not a simple solution of some sort of slip on condom style barrier to keep it covered inside the grip?

This is what Gaston was talking about.

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 08:22 PM
thanks sacredsouls. that's what I wanted to know. I presently use no give systems, but im not one of those kats that limit my options if at all possible. never know if I might want to switch shit up lol. so pry going with the X!

fkirons
12-11-2014, 09:26 PM
We appreciate the support form everyone but let's leave the Internet machine drama out :) we will always address all our personal company's matters privately. Back to the topic. The EdgeX takes you from no give to full give and there is more than a spring involved to achieve this accurately. If you don't care about give, then save yourself $50 and get the Edge. Although it's pretty cool to go from no give on the fly. Can't wait to tattoo my sister this week.
I'll try to do a narrated video with close up and show where this machine shines at.

cagelavey
12-11-2014, 10:22 PM
that would be awesome! would love to see a video of this in action, gaston. really think you hit this one out of the park! its all ive been able to talk about since i originally saw this post. i really see this industry primarily cartridge one day, I think machines of this type are the way of the future, and you are leading the pack with invents like this, bravo!

nathan bauer
12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
This is what Gaston was talking about.
Hell ya.dispoasble sterile drive bar "pins" or what ever they are called...brilliant.just brilliant.i have zero want for a hawk....cheers to fk!!!

fkirons
12-11-2014, 11:17 PM
that would be awesome! would love to see a video of this in action, gaston. really think you hit this one out of the park! its all ive been able to talk about since i originally saw this post. i really see this industry primarily cartridge one day, I think machines of this type are the way of the future, and you are leading the pack with invents like this, bravo!

I posted a few videos on Instagram. Things have been hectic but we are planning on making several professional videos to show all the features and scenarios.

One image is worth 1000 words so imagine a bunch of frames per second!😜

chris-in-cali
12-11-2014, 11:44 PM
will t-tech stainless grips work with the edge?

fkirons
12-12-2014, 12:00 AM
will t-tech stainless grips work with the edge?

T tech uses the plunger with the ball so if you have a t tech bar, you can remove the ball from it and put it on our bar. Voila!

chris-in-cali
12-12-2014, 12:13 PM
awesome....thank you!

vodu
12-13-2014, 04:17 AM
stop. making. machines. Gaston. I'm starting a new life in canada mate, I'm broke! one more machine and my wife will kick my nuts!

fkirons
12-13-2014, 06:59 AM
stop. making. machines. Gaston. I'm starting a new life in canada mate, I'm broke! one more machine and my wife will kick my nuts!

Get a new wife bro. We ain't stopping 👍

sacredsouls
12-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Lmao

nathan bauer
12-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Gaston.is there any idea on release date for the drive pin covers?

vodu
12-13-2014, 03:41 PM
lol!

fkirons
12-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Gaston.is there any idea on release date for the drive pin covers?I would say in about 2-3 months.
I'm Posting some rendering soon on how the bar will work.

jsuchoza
12-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Put my order in yesterday, I'm excited to take this for a go.

fkirons
12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Put my order in yesterday, I'm excited to take this for a go.

Thank you and everyone that ordered for putting food on our table.

gerardcon
12-15-2014, 04:32 AM
I hope mine ships soon! Sold two of my machines to make room for the SE X lol.

fkirons
12-15-2014, 10:53 PM
UPDATE: We are happy to announce that the New Spektra Edge will ship out with Removable "DrivePin" for proper sanitation. Blister packed Disposable DrivePins will be available soon as well. Here are some of the renderings and I should have production pictures by tomorrow or so.
This entailed that we redesigned three parts on the machine that were already done but we thought this would make this machine even safer.

This should not affect the estimated delivery deadline of 2 weeks after placing the order.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/15/2b388ef7fc6db10bd1b6acefa8070f29.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/15/37b2c986187426460570689977e40f90.jpg

nathan bauer
12-15-2014, 11:32 PM
This is fantastic.you guys did it right!!! Well done!

jsuchoza
12-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Thank you and everyone that ordered for putting food on our table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk quality machines builders put food on our tables also.

fkirons
12-17-2014, 11:28 AM
quality machines builders put food on our tables also.
Glad to hear bud!

cagelavey
12-17-2014, 12:24 PM
the machine sound and function the same? did this change function in bar stabilization at all? just curious. I understand you giving the customers what they want bravo for that. its just hard for me to fathom how making the bar removable actually changes anything. if "bio spray indeed travels up the shaft whats the difference in three inches? this is not a knock to fki at all in fact think the macine was already perfect, I think this machine is genius, I just think that it sucks that you had to go in and redesign something you had already put so much thought into. just my opinion. in any event cant wait to get one, really excited about this machine. I have not been this excited in a long time about a new product, straight hit this one out of the park, hats off, gaston :-)

cagelavey
12-17-2014, 12:29 PM
just so you know, I think its cool that gaston made this an option, im not bitching or anything, every continued step in the right direction towards total sterility is a +.

fkirons
12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
the machine sound and function the same? did this change function in bar stabilization at all? just curious. I understand you giving the customers what they want bravo for that. its just hard for me to fathom how making the bar removable actually changes anything. if "bio spray indeed travels up the shaft whats the difference in three inches? this is not a knock to fki at all in fact think the macine was already perfect, I think this machine is genius, I just think that it sucks that you had to go in and redesign something you had already put so much thought into. just my opinion. in any event cant wait to get one, really excited about this machine. I have not been this excited in a long time about a new product, straight hit this one out of the park, hats off, gaston :-)

Renovable bar was always the way we were gonna do this but we wanted to have the disposable DrivePins at the same time. So we figure we release it as is. The disposable "DrivePin" was going to plunge right over the current bar but you would have to trim it a bit making it a two part component.

Instead, we decided to waive any inconvenience to the artist and ship the machine with a screw on version so there is no need to molest the machine at all. When the disposable DrivePin becomes available you will just exchange your cleavable DrivePin for a disposable. Voila!

This was possible thanks to the team that have been pushing this project since day one and the fact that we manufacture all components in house. Otherwise we would have been out of luck trying to deliver in a timely manner.

I hope you all enjoy this machine. Far from perfect but we did our best to push it as far as we could.

One thing for sure is that we listen.

brandonmull
12-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes , That is evident from this post alone!

cagelavey
12-17-2014, 05:38 PM
thanks for the info gaston, cant wait to get one after the holidays.

fkirons
12-21-2014, 12:38 AM
thanks for the info gaston, cant wait to get one after the holidays.
Not a problem man!

johndameart
12-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Mine is on its way woth dark lab grips, can't wait to try it. Suck that it's Christmas so shipping time might suck :( lol

TorettoDk
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
how long would it take to ship one of those to denmark :)? and what is the stroke range

fkirons
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
how long would it take to ship one of those to denmark :)? and what is the stroke range

Around 10 days to be In your hands. We are caught up with all orders so whatever it takes to build it and ship it. Stroke range is from 2.8-4.2mm comes set at 3.5mm and you modify it within that range.

Panos tattoo
01-27-2015, 02:23 AM
im not familiar with the cartrige system so if its a stupid question dont bite my neck.
from what i read generally the cartrige system requires no give machines because it has the spring inside the tip,and from posts i saw on troubleshooting people said that because there is give on coil machines it is not recommended for cartriges.or when a spring is removed from a rotary machine to make it work with cartriges because they have their own spring or rubber band.someone throw some light here because im confused.

Jack Steel
01-27-2015, 07:35 AM
carts have a return spring , some machines have that aswell
2x harder for the motor to do his thing
1spring removed from a machine will do the trick , there is no give on carts itself , only if a drivetrain has it to push the carts
hope this is an easy explanation?:)
cheers`

Sonictattoos
01-27-2015, 07:03 PM
I've had mine for a few weeks and its been really nice for everything so far. One of the nicest rotary cartridge set ups I've used so far. Its nice that you can use disposable cartridge grips with no modification

Panos tattoo
01-28-2015, 02:22 AM
carts have a return spring , some machines have that aswell
2x harder for the motor to do his thing
1spring removed from a machine will do the trick , there is no give on carts itself , only if a drivetrain has it to push the carts
hope this is an easy explanation?:)
cheers`b
yes thanks jack.makes perfect sence.tought it was for give not as a return spring.

nathan bauer
01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Really loving mine.cant wait for the disp. Rpg grips with the disp.bars!

fkirons
02-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Really loving mine.cant wait for the disp. Rpg grips with the disp.bars!
Glad the mail man delivered it to the north pole :p The RPPs are back in stock and the Disp. DrivePin will be on their way soon

cagelavey
02-16-2015, 02:26 PM
ordering my edge right now Gaston just talked to Kayleigh on the phone, cant wait to get it! going to be torture waiting. so, what are the estimated wait times on these now? cause I want to get this in my hands asap! lol.

fkirons
02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Sup Cage, we are coming back from Philly today, tomorrow we'll be at the shop assessing the building situation since we all left to The show on Thursday. On the website we have a 15 days turnaround but hopefully the CNC machines caught up to us over the weekend because we were literally snatching parts out of the CNC as they were coming out. It will probably leave by end of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cagelavey
02-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks, I understand. Appreciate the heads up.

crabink
02-18-2015, 11:35 PM
What is the difference between the thunder motor and the edge motor? Speed? torque? Curious

tatu richie
02-18-2015, 11:57 PM
What is the difference between the thunder motor and the edge motor? Speed? torque? Curious
diff is its better all around and not made by a greedy non tattoo company

crabink
02-19-2015, 02:06 AM
LMFAO... all though i agree... was just curious if they are the same.... curious about the speed and torque... seems like the thunder and spirit really work well... and wanted to know specs... or at least something vague but true.

I need Gaston to chime in in this one..

Deakon
02-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Think i need to update my old steel galaxie to one of these fancy little things!

AltarVinz
03-06-2015, 04:22 PM
They are supposed to be the same if I remember well.
Despite this fact when cleaning 27curved mag cheyenne needles the Thunder seems to have more torque. With a strong pressure on needles
Anyway both motor will push any 1-50 needle configuration with ease.

Ofeloner
03-06-2015, 06:01 PM

I'd say the edge is more coil like, has more of a hit to it, I can wip shade by flicking my wrist backwords as apposed to always forward with my cheyenne,, it lines way way better, I can pull and push lines with ease,, I can honostly say it is the best cartridge machine I've ever used, it pretty mutch shits all over cheyenne, , and I useto love cheyennes,,

hysobe
03-07-2015, 03:04 PM
i own a thunder/spirit at the moment, it's an arse settings up two machines for each tattoo, thunder to line, spirit to shade..

i'm wondering if i set an Edge-X up with one grip could i very quickly change the stroke from 3.2 to 4.2 so when i want to switch between lining/shading it's easily done? if that's possible i may be sold on this item and say bye to my hawks :) (which i love!!!)

Ofeloner
03-07-2015, 05:43 PM
i own a thunder/spirit at the moment, it's an arse settings up two machines for each tattoo, thunder to line, spirit to shade..

i'm wondering if i set an Edge-X up with one grip could i very quickly change the stroke from 3.2 to 4.2 so when i want to switch between lining/shading it's easily done? if that's possible i may be sold on this item and say bye to my hawks :) (which i love!!!)
There's a video on youtube that shows you how the stroke is changed, there's also a video on there instagram,, its easy,,

fkirons
03-07-2015, 11:25 PM

The EdgeX (adjustable give version) comes set at 3.5 mm from Factory. You can change the stroke from 2.8 - 4.2mm. Its really easy but you may not even need to do so. The 3.5mm should suit most artists for lining, shading and color. All you would have to adjust is the give. For lining close the give almost all the way in . For shading and color, and open the give by tweaking small increments. You get full give within 1.5 turn. The remaining turns just hold the screw in place and have no effect over give.

hysobe
03-08-2015, 02:55 PM
The EdgeX (adjustable give version) comes set at 3.5 mm from Factory. You can change the stroke from 2.8 - 4.2mm. Its really easy but you may not even need to do so. The 3.5mm should suit most artists for lining, shading and color. All you would have to adjust is the give. For lining close the give almost all the way in . For shading and color, and open the give by tweaking small increments. You get full give within 1.5 turn. The remaining turns just hold the screw in place and have no effect over give.

does sound too good to be true!

i really like to do black and grey work with around 3mm stroke as i find i'm use to that stroke for blending etc, i'm not a fan of give anymore due to i used to use a dragonfly and my work looked well saturated, however when it used to heal it lightened up a lot, now i'm using no give (apart from what gives on the thin bar with the hawk and bigger groupings) everything saturates very nicely so i don't want to play too much with the give settings, unless it's black and grey work i might use the smallest bit of give

i used to line with a DD and didn't like the feel of it, so the tiniest bit of give is nice when lining

the depth concerned me a little which had me thinking, with the RPG grips and setting the depth, if i used the shorter 3mm stroke like i'm familiar with on my spirit, had this set at the correct depth, then whenever i wanted to change between lining (changing to a 4mm stroke) i most likely wouldn't have to adjust my needle depth right? (which would be annoying) as it would pop out 1mm further due to the increased stroke, so hopefully no depth alterations would need to be made?

sorry if i'm explaining this in the worst way possible :)

thanks for the replies i appreciate it

fkirons
03-08-2015, 11:58 PM
I completely understand where you are coming from. This is why the give of the Edge is not longer than 2mm and is not a super soft spring neither. Soft, long give will simply cause less penetration and more irritation in some cases. This is why while tattooing with super soft machines only look good when the tattoo is fresh, because what you are really achieving with super soft spring is a bare scratch that will heal up and fall off. The first layer of skin is not stable at all and is the skin that always shades off and dies.

The ink needs to penetrate about .5 -1 mm into the skin to burry the ink particle over the stable layer of skin. There is no give or take on this matter, just facts and this is why tattoos stay on the skin.

You can adjust the "depth" with easy with the vise system on the Edge or even use a Cheyenne Hawk grip. The option is yours. To change "mechanical stroke" it takes you 1 minute max if you ever need to. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call us at 855-FKIRONS with any questions.
We'll be glad to answer any of your question.

The Edge is just another tool that does not include talent. 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brandonmull
03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
mine appears to be in vanish mode in the mail,ha, i am not sure, i was sent an email that said it shipped on the 11th and would arrive friday the 13th, yet no updates to the tracking number have happened since the 11th. Gaston, did you Genie mail my machine? haha

fkirons
03-14-2015, 08:21 PM
mine appears to be in vanish mode in the mail,ha, i am not sure, i was sent an email that said it shipped on the 11th and would arrive friday the 13th, yet no updates to the tracking number have happened since the 11th. Gaston, did you Genie mail my machine? haha

Not at all brother. The tracking gets sent once the machine physically leaves. Shoot us a line at [email protected] to get on the mailman's ass. Yes that did sound awkward.

brandonmull
03-14-2015, 09:17 PM
The tracking preorder was dated on the 4 th. The 11th was the date it said it was received at the post office. That's why I am confused. I am sooo ready to use it! I actually just got a beat up ol halo in the mail today on a trade. Never used one before, that machine runs awesomely!

brandonmull
03-14-2015, 09:39 PM
And i did also email the order email. To see what was going on.

brandonmull
03-17-2015, 05:30 PM
well , this is a machine that I sure do look forward to using, if it ever actually gets here.

fkirons
03-17-2015, 06:52 PM
And i did also email the order email. To see what was going on.

Hey Brandon. It seems that the postal service has the package in TX and it's shown on the USPS website as "Delayed" A lot of customers have experienced this across the country and internationally due to the severe weather that some parts of the USA has been affected by. Not the case of Florida of course with a winter of 80ºF :) but certainly the case of many postal sorting facilities.

I checked the website for you and this is what it shows:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405%205096%209993 %209729%202196%2056

Hope they delivery soon and that you enjoy the machine. And should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

brandonmull
03-17-2015, 07:22 PM
yes that is what it has shown me for several days, with no update.

brandonmull
03-18-2015, 09:40 AM
It all updated this morning and is in town, seems the postal service just had a lazy update worker!

Ofeloner
03-18-2015, 11:46 AM
It all updated this morning and is in town, seems the postal service just had a lazy update worker!

That's normal man..if your package is stuck somewhere, it won't say anything tell it moves, everytime the package shows up somewhere new it gets scanned and updated.

fkirons
03-18-2015, 12:38 PM
I wish we can control the postal service as well, but we are at their mercy. We have several materials that have been delayed due to weather conditions. It's just the nature of the system.

brandonmull
03-18-2015, 07:53 PM
How exactly do you setup the edge with ttech steel grip n cartridges? To get the right length for needle stroke?
I have never used a machine like this, just got it in today and I am not sure how to actually set it up!

fkirons
03-18-2015, 09:39 PM
T-Tech grip uses a bore Inner Diameter that's different than Hawk, inkjecta or RPG grip line. To the best of my knowledge, it is the only one that uses this inner diameter at the moment as TatSoul, that was using this inner diameter in their tubes has discontinued it and it is also going to standard bore diameter.

You have several options:
Remove the ball that comes with your TTech plunger and install it in our DrivePin ensuring the overall length of the drive pin remains 33.5mm total from top to bottom

2- switch to Diaposable or Autoclavable tubes that accept 3mm plungers end ball drive bars or the 1.5mm plungerless drive bars like the RPG grip line.

Should you have any questions feel free to email us. There are also some videos on YouTube if you would like to check out.

brandonmull
03-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks Gaston!

brandonmull
03-19-2015, 09:05 AM
After reading everything on here about this machine, I am curious, are people using more than one for a tattoo or switching the stroke during the tattoo? I was hoping for a machine that only the voltage would need to be changed to move between shading and lining. Or am I misreading all the number talk?

fkirons
03-19-2015, 10:10 AM
After reading everything on here about this machine, I am curious, are people using more than one for a tattoo or switching the stroke during the tattoo? I was hoping for a machine that only the voltage would need to be changed to move between shading and lining. Or am I misreading all the number talk?

I think you just need to tattoo and have fun with it. If you'd need more than one machine only yourself can determine that. You can literally do anything with it. There are people tattooing with one machine that doesn't even have the adjustability option of stroke or give and they can perform great work regardless.

The machine can run anywhere from 6 up to 12 volts without issues, dial them up as you go to learn what voltage work the best for you.

brandonmull
03-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Right on! Well I shall continue with my plan of one!