PDA

View Full Version : Spektra direkt needle bar issues

Ryanbluebirds
12-08-2014, 07:21 PM
So I've been told I should be able to use my direkt with the fkirons RPGs grips without any tensioner on the needlebar, but no matter what I seem to do it rides up and off the armature nipple. Due to the band in the techs I actually had it pop off and kick across the room on me. I was told to bend the needlebar down a little bit, but it still rides up. If I put an extreme bend in it it still rides up and then rubs against the top of the tube bogging the whole machine down. Before I bother fkirons again, I was curious if anyone has the same problem or has solved it already. I've tried both the 3.5 and 4 mm strokes. And run them between 7-8.5 volts usually. Thanks for your time!

ATS
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Who told you not to use tensioners?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ1loWInjI
I don't use the rpg grip but I'm pretty sure it is like the T-Tech/Cheyenne flexi grips in the fact that you still use a tensioner.

Ryanbluebirds
12-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Fkirons did when I asked them if they were going to make a swivel bar for the direkt. I seem to have an easier time lining with it without a tensioner, hence I'm trying to figure it out. Regular rubber bands seem to snap on me, so I've been using the oring, but I'm not loving lining with it. They said I shouldn't need one with their RPGs.

Administrator
12-08-2014, 08:35 PM
There is a bushing in the RPG, keeps the bar pretty damn strait in the tube since there is no room for it to go anywhere but up and down.

sacredsouls
12-08-2014, 08:49 PM
No he is saying the loop on the pusher is too loose and the nipple. I had the same problem te other day with a pusher bar. Just have to give the loop a squeeze with pliers to close it a little to make it grip the nipple better.

Ryanbluebirds
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks I really hadn't thought of that. It seems to happen with all the pusher bars I use for the metal rpg and the disposable RPGs as well. Your using it without a tensioner?

sacredsouls
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I didn't have that happen with either actually. I had it happens with my inkjecta specific3 and a wrath tube.

nathan bauer
12-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Try a 16mm i.d. o-ring. I then like the tiniest bit of a&d on the bar where it contacts o-ring. It let's the bar slide.inside the o-ring.... (erotic)...just my 2 bits...this is how.i run mine . Hope it helps!. Nathan

Ryanbluebirds
12-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Try a 16mm i.d. o-ring. I then like the tiniest bit of a&d on the bar where it contacts o-ring. It let's the bar slide.inside the o-ring.... (erotic)...just my 2 bits...this is how.i run mine . Hope it helps!. Nathan

Thanks man, I'll try that out!

sacredsouls
12-09-2014, 10:53 AM
When that was happening to me I put a rubber band on it helped it stay down but it made it doggy and wasn't running like I wanted it to so I took the band back off the bar would raise off the armature nipple. It is almost like not all grommets work with all armature pins. The lubing the oring is a good idea. Should make the needle bar slide on the oring.

cagelavey
12-09-2014, 07:59 PM
what about those runners you nclip onto the needle bar? don't those work well for something like this?

nathan bauer
12-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I have never er used them.but there.is alot.of side to side action with the direkt...just not sure if.it.would.be to.much or not.

fkirons
12-10-2014, 09:52 PM
I have never er used them.but there.is alot.of side to side action with the direkt...just not sure if.it.would.be to.much or not.

I don't know if I understood right. If you are using the RPG they come with disposable bar and nipple ready to go. They fit snug in the armature pin.

If you are having needle motion bend "the needle" stack downwards a bit. Some times depending how you install the drive bar you may end up with a weird angle.

I ring works good, rubber bands too.

Bending the. Bar slightly may help but I think your problem is that you should slightly bend the needle stack.

Should you have any issues email us a video and I'll personally troubleshoot it with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathan bauer
12-10-2014, 10:08 PM
My comment was in regards to using the needle runners..i,m having no issues with the direkt in any way.im very happy with it.and now that you are working on disposable drive bars for the edge...well that will be my next machine...when done being Santa's financial backer....

fkirons
12-10-2014, 10:29 PM
My comment was in regards to using the needle runners..u have no issues with eh direkt in any way.im very happy with it.and now that you are working on disposable drive bars for the edge...well that will be my next machine...when done being Santa's financial backer....

Oh my bad. :(

Ryanbluebirds
12-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Alright, I tried a few different things. Tightening the eye-loop of the needlebar seems to help a lot. I squeeze it tighter then I need to and it opens up slightly when pressing down on the armature. It's not a guarantee though. About 1 in 3 times it'll ride up on me anyway. Bending the needlebar alone doesn't seem to help no matter where I bend it and if using the disposable rpg just makes the machine really loud compared to how it normally runs. I've tried greasing the o-ring but that seems to take some of the punch of the machine off. I've settled on using a rubber band with a little vaseline or grease on the needlebar to help it not snap on me along with tightening the needle bar on the disposables. I've come across a few that were just a little too open anyway, so I'm going to make a point of checking. On a side note, does anyones armature nipple on the direkt have a little wobble to it. My 3 dot stroke attachment seems to be super tight and clicks into place and needs to be popped out, whereas my 4 dot has a little wobble to it and will just fall out. Just curious if that's a problem, I don't know how much that'd translate into the cartridge.

D'Wan Ellington
02-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Try a grommet instead of a nipple.