PDA

View Full Version : Spektra edge x

artoftatt2
12-23-2014, 08:49 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/23/24cfcbcf10460a6b6744ef5ad67b7153.jpg
Deff a fan of this after using it today.. The engineering and thought process put into this machine is top notch.. And the vice is by far my favorite I've used besides the split chuck.. This will deff have me using carts again!

Dreviltattoo
12-23-2014, 09:12 PM
jeally

Dreviltattoo
12-23-2014, 09:29 PM
how was the give?

artoftatt2
12-23-2014, 09:38 PM
I like the give.. It's great for lining which is the only thing I really need give for

Dreviltattoo
12-23-2014, 10:24 PM
cool, i'm gonna grab one too. why not right? it's only money. any chance of posting a video with the give adjustment?

artoftatt2
12-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Their is a great video on the fki instagram

nathan bauer
12-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Does it lock out the give .or does it always have a slight give when cranked all the way.cant wait for the holidays to pass so I can order one...

artoftatt2
12-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Locks it out completely

crabink
12-24-2014, 01:14 AM
im sure its a long tight spring kinda like the flight v2 soft bars.. so instead of multiple bars.. your just loosening a spring to add some more shock.... very smart
gaston nutted on this bitch..
cant wait to get mine.....

just not sure if i want give option.... rather not have another option to fuck with...

how is the stroke length changed?

artoftatt2
12-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Easily by a small set screw no taking apart of the machine is required

tattooange
12-24-2014, 09:43 AM
fucking beautiful machine !

chris-in-cali
12-24-2014, 01:38 PM
how do you know what stroke your running at?
are there presets? or do you have to measure somehow?

artoftatt2
12-24-2014, 01:49 PM
The best part of the machine is their is no presets .. Set the stroke to what you want it.. I like a med throw for everything so that's what I go with.. The stroke on a cartridge machine changes the strokes per second and also how the needles enter and exit the skin .. The other variable is speed..it's really nice having the option to choose and find your sweet spot..

johndameart
12-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Can't wait to get mine woth some disposable cart darklab grips. Looking foward to it.

fkirons
12-24-2014, 06:55 PM
The best part of the machine is their is no presets .. Set the stroke to what you want it.. I like a med throw for everything so that's what I go with.. The stroke on a cartridge machine changes the strokes per second and also how the needles enter and exit the skin .. The other variable is speed..it's really nice having the option to choose and find your sweet spot..
Glad you are enjoying the machine Randy.

how do you know what stroke your running at?
are there presets? or do you have to measure somehow?
The stroke is adjusted without interchanging parts or taking the stroke module apart.

The Edge is adjustable from 2.8-4.2mm. All you need to do is to losen the set screw and slide the armature pin. To the right you will increase the stroke. To the left you'll decrease it. The armature pin moved all the way to the right gives you about 4.2, set in the middle 3.5 and set to the left 2.8mm.

Voila!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndameart
12-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Dope!

billannand
12-25-2014, 12:17 AM
This has me rethinking my flite.

bustitout
12-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Looks awesome! Can't wait to get one! For those of you that have used it, how does it compare to the Thunder and/or the Stylus, as far as hit, feel, and speed? I know it's fully adjustable, so I guess the comparison would be in the no give, 4.2 stroke length. I get that it is a way better machine for many reasons, just curious.

artoftatt2
12-29-2014, 04:55 PM
It can run softer faster or harder than any cartridge machine I have ran

bustitout
12-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

artoftatt2
12-30-2014, 02:25 PM
https://vimeo.com/115658964

Hope this video help on the give!

jvaughn1121
12-30-2014, 02:38 PM
hah straight to the point!

johndameart
12-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Okay so I received mine today with DarkLab tubes, I must say first off as many of you know I have used a fuck ton of machines. I mean a fuck ton. And honestly imo this machine out beats the rest. The quality of this machine just by looking at it out of the box says enough.

I ran mine today with the dark lab disposables and I couldn't expect anything more but brilliance from fkirons.

Lining (keeping it at the 4mm length) lined flawlessly, tight 5 and 8 round. With a small grip adjustment to a shorter length it(with no give) packs it in amazingly.

With just a little of give( which I learned from the give adjustment video ) you literally...turn the fucking knob. Haha. But it layered color and to the black just the same, with ease.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this machine besides great work as usual fkirons.

gautam
01-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Great video there...
Basically... Turn the Fucking Knob :D

gerardcon
01-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Got my Spektra Edge X in yesterday and was excited to try it out! Unfortunately it wasn't the end all machine I was hoping for. I tried it on two pieces; a small realistic color piece and a black and gray sleeve I've been working on.

I tried lining with a long taper T-Tech. I started with the stock 3.5 length no give which gave me mediocre results. I then tried it with some give and it worked better so long as I wasn't afraid to sink it in more than I'm used to and also slow my hand speed down. I switched it to the longest stroke length(4.2 I think?) with no give and it lined okay but not as well as I like my spektra direkt at 4.0mm with a conventional setup or a good coil. Maybe it's my carts? I got the long taper liners on the recommendation of a few coworkers about T-Tech carts.

I tried some color blending at the 3.5 stroke length with a T-Tech 11 curved mag. Color blending worked really well and I played around with the give knob, eventually settling on a minimal give setting as I'm used to rotaries with no give. One of the best color blending machines I've come across rivaling my 3.5 neotat

Color packing wasn't too bad either. Not as good as my personal favorite a 3.2mm Direkt but pretty close. Might just have to play around with it a bit more.

Unfortunately I didn't get to experiment fully with Black and Gray much. I didn't want to butcher up my client so after I tried out the Edge X for a few minutes and couldn't find a good setting I had my conventional setup on standby. I'm really picky with my Black and Gray machines so finding out the ideal setup for black and gray, might take me a while which means I'll probably have to butcher my roommates thigh for an evening. If anybody has any help with what they like to use with the edge X it'd be appreciated(Stroke length, give options, bugpin or regular carts, T-Tech or Cheyenne)!

I was hoping when I ordered the Edge X you could change the stroke length on the fly. You can't in practical usage. While it's very easy compared to most machines to adjust stroke, you have to line it up so that the screw is facing the top and then unscrew it and pivot it in the direction you want for shorter or longer. Which means if you wanted to change the stroke length mid tattoo you'd have to line up the cams, bust out the hex wrench and unbag your machine.

I really wanted the Edge X to be the one but I think I'm going to have to set up a separate liner still. Which really sucks because it's sooo convenient to just slip your clip cord cover over the whole machine and RPG grip, wrap some sensi tape around the RPG grip part and just punch a small whole in the plastic for where the cartridges go in.

fkirons
01-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Got my Spektra Edge X in yesterday and was excited to try it out! Unfortunately it wasn't the end all machine I was hoping for. I tried it on two pieces; a small realistic color piece and a black and gray sleeve I've been working on.

I tried lining with a long taper T-Tech. I started with the stock 3.5 length no give which gave me mediocre results. I then tried it with some give and it worked better so long as I wasn't afraid to sink it in more than I'm used to and also slow my hand speed down. I switched it to the longest stroke length(4.2 I think?) with no give and it lined okay but not as well as I like my spektra direkt at 4.0mm with a conventional setup or a good coil. Maybe it's my carts? I got the long taper liners on the recommendation of a few coworkers about T-Tech carts.

I tried some color blending at the 3.5 stroke length with a T-Tech 11 curved mag. Color blending worked really well and I played around with the give knob, eventually settling on a minimal give setting as I'm used to rotaries with no give. One of the best color blending machines I've come across rivaling my 3.5 neotat

Color packing wasn't too bad either. Not as good as my personal favorite a 3.2mm Direkt but pretty close. Might just have to play around with it a bit more.

Unfortunately I didn't get to experiment fully with Black and Gray much. I didn't want to butcher up my client so after I tried out the Edge X for a few minutes and couldn't find a good setting I had my conventional setup on standby. I'm really picky with my Black and Gray machines so finding out the ideal setup for black and gray, might take me a while which means I'll probably have to butcher my roommates thigh for an evening. If anybody has any help with what they like to use with the edge X it'd be appreciated(Stroke length, give options, bugpin or regular carts, T-Tech or Cheyenne)!

I was hoping when I ordered the Edge X you could change the stroke length on the fly. You can't in practical usage. While it's very easy compared to most machines to adjust stroke, you have to line it up so that the screw is facing the top and then unscrew it and pivot it in the direction you want for shorter or longer. Which means if you wanted to change the stroke length mid tattoo you'd have to line up the cams, bust out the hex wrench and unbag your machine.

I really wanted the Edge X to be the one but I think I'm going to have to set up a separate liner still. Which really sucks because it's sooo convenient to just slip your clip cord cover over the whole machine and RPG grip, wrap some sensi tape around the RPG grip part and just punch a small whole in the plastic for where the cartridges go in.

If you need some pointers feel free to ask. I think it's a bit too soon to judge it since you just got it and the machine def runs different than the halo, for example, due to the mechanisms that propels it.

You mentioned that you tried it on two small pieces, so allow yourself a few more tattoos to really see it shine.

I recommend to anyone getting this machine starting up with the set stroke and try it in several tattoos before machine adjustments. As we consider that the factory setting will suit most artists. Or at least try it good before altering it.

Also consider that Ttech and Cheyennes needles behave different as they both have different spring compression so the give may have to be adjusted according.

Regarding lining, you may see better results by adding a bit of give to it (at least that's how I line with ease)

Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Oh and regarding the adjustable stroke on the fly... Well ...you just give me work to do for the Edge V2 :)

cagelavey
01-09-2015, 07:51 PM
If you need some pointers feel free to ask. I think it's a bit too soon to judge it since you just got it and the machine def runs different than the halo, for example, due to the mechanisms that propels it.

You mentioned that you tried it on two small pieces, so allow yourself a few more tattoos to really see it shine.

I recommend to anyone getting this machine starting up with the set stroke and try it in several tattoos before machine adjustments. As we consider that the factory setting will suit most artists. Or at least try it good before altering it.

Also consider that Ttech and Cheyennes needles behave different as they both have different spring compression so the give may have to be adjusted according.

Regarding lining, you may see better results by adding a bit of give to it (at least that's how I line with ease)

Oh and regarding the adjustable stroke on the fly... Well ...you just give me work to do for the Edge V2 :)

Makes since, sometimes takes a min to get the feel of something new. Especially something that hasn't existed before. all machines have lil nuances that must be learned, just takes time

johndameart
01-09-2015, 09:10 PM
give it some time, this machine has been the best I've used yet and honestly die say keep using it, how familiar are you exactly with rotaries anyway guatum? i only ask because your profile says you've been tattooing since last year.

rayofthedead
01-09-2015, 11:45 PM
I received my Edge X today and set it up immediately for a walk in script tattoo. I used it how it was set up out of the box and used a ttech 9RL bugpin and ran it at about 10.5v. I was really impressed. The learning curve switching from my Cheyenne Hawk Thunder was minimal. It lined much like the Hawk. I did another small script tattoo a little later with a smaller liner, set up the same way, just used a little less volts. Another winner. My late appointment cancelled so I tattooed myself for a bit because I really wanted to test out the give and adjust the stroke. I did some black and gray shading with the give at what i would guess is 50% at about 9.5v and man was it smooth. I also did some color shading at the same voltage and just took the give all the way up to 100 and then dialed it back down to about 50%. I really didnt think I would find a machine that worked as well as my Hawk or the Flite that I sold to buy this but I'm really excited to use this as a daily driver for a few weeks. This is the first FK/Spektra machine I've ever used and all I can say is, my compliments to Gaston and everyone at FKI.

johndameart
01-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Nice! Ray this machine has def gone beyond what I thought it could be. I never was truly a give guy and this changed my mind come tell. Glad to hear!!

gerardcon
01-10-2015, 02:24 AM

Don't get me wrong I think it's a top notch machine. Re-reading my post I think I came across as too critical when I really was just trying to share my experiences and see if anybody has any constructive criticisms regarding my technique. If you want me to take down my post I will as I didn't want it to seem like a review more as a comparison to machines I use. Sorry I'm just a VERY particular person. Reading Ray's post I'm going to try it again with a higher voltage. I think I was running mine at around 8.7 Always afraid on new machines of running it too high.

give it some time, this machine has been the best I've used yet and honestly die say keep using it, how familiar are you exactly with rotaries anyway guatum? i only ask because your profile says you've been tattooing since last year.

I think you were referring to me not guatum? I started off using coils but since literally everyone in my shop uses rotaries I practically learned on rotaries. I'd say 90% of my tattooing is done with rotaries.

fkirons
01-10-2015, 03:55 AM
Hey bud,feedback is feedback. Good or bad and they both help us. Don't get me wrong neither in just offering some opinion to help out in the process. 8.7 volts seems good for coloring and even grey work. Probably a bit slow for lining but again, it all depends how you tattoo, your set stroke and what you are trying to push. You won't burn the machine unless you tattoo at 18 volts for 30 minutes. Try all ranges until you find your sweet spot and again feel free to contact us with any questions. We are here to help.

gautam
01-10-2015, 05:52 AM

Hey john :)

sorry? i have not bought the edge x yet, just saw video of the artoftatt2 and that is why i replied to the thread lol and i have been tattooing since 2010... :D

jsuchoza
01-10-2015, 08:54 AM
yeah 8.7 is really low to line with. I used the edge x at around 9.8-10 with no give, Max stroke, for lining. Pushing 3rl, 7rl, and 9rl. I think it was the easiest time I ever had lining a tattoo.

my only gripe is that I only bought one.

tat2dru
01-10-2015, 09:19 AM
I gotta say this is the best machine I've used hands down, and a coworker of mine that was all the way coils feels the same way. First piece I did with it was a huge rib piece and it made it so easy, even the client said way better feel for him. I set up with the long stroke and did everything on 4.2 lined 9.5-10volts and shade and color around 8.5-9

tat2dru
01-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Oh and I opened up the give know when lining and doing a little color blending

johndameart
01-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Yeah Guatum. Wrong person haha. I was talking to gerardcon. Although you may have learned 90% off rotaries, tattooing since last year in my opinion is way to soon to start giving any sort of feedback on machines when your still fresh and learning the craft tbh.

johndameart
01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
But besides that. Keep giving it a chance 😇😇😇

johndameart
01-10-2015, 12:13 PM
those were smiley faces btw hahahaha....fucking phone.. :(

bustitout
01-10-2015, 03:16 PM
I received my Edge X today and set it up immediately for a walk in script tattoo. I used it how it was set up out of the box and used a ttech 9RL bugpin and ran it at about 10.5v. I was really impressed. The learning curve switching from my Cheyenne Hawk Thunder was minimal. It lined much like the Hawk. I did another small script tattoo a little later with a smaller liner, set up the same way, just used a little less volts. Another winner. My late appointment cancelled so I tattooed myself for a bit because I really wanted to test out the give and adjust the stroke. I did some black and gray shading with the give at what i would guess is 50% at about 9.5v and man was it smooth. I also did some color shading at the same voltage and just took the give all the way up to 100 and then dialed it back down to about 50%. I really didnt think I would find a machine that worked as well as my Hawk or the Flite that I sold to buy this but I'm really excited to use this as a daily driver for a few weeks. This is the first FK/Spektra machine I've ever used and all I can say is, my compliments to Gaston and everyone at FKI.

Sounds awesome! When you did the black and grey shading, did you adjust the stroke length or leave it at the factory setting?

rayofthedead
01-10-2015, 11:06 PM
I left it at the factory stroke yesterday and liked the result. I put it on the shortest stroke today for a black and gray piece and really liked it. It's taking me some time to get used to not being able to adjust the needle hang on the fly without a hawk combo grip. I'm used to a lot of hang on the hawk which has something like a 4mm stroke. I can't hang the needle as much with the stroke turned all the way down. That's me tho, not the machine. I know I'm going to be in love with this machine In a week or so once I've really dialed it in.

jsuchoza
01-11-2015, 03:31 AM
Well... FK irons... Just had some drinks and ordered a second edge x body... Thanks! Hope my sober self thanks you as well'

jvaughn1121
01-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Well... FK irons... Just had some drinks and ordered a second edge x body... Thanks! Hope my sober self thanks you as well'

hahaha.. been there! even if "sober self" feels the slightest bit regretful, "package arrival day self" drops all negative feelings about the matter..

fkirons
01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
I left it at the factory stroke yesterday and liked the result. I put it on the shortest stroke today for a black and gray piece and really liked it. It's taking me some time to get used to not being able to adjust the needle hang on the fly without a hawk combo grip. I'm used to a lot of hang on the hawk which has something like a 4mm stroke. I can't hang the needle as much with the stroke turned all the way down. That's me tho, not the machine. I know I'm going to be in love with this machine In a week or so once I've really dialed it in.

- that must be a heck of a needle hang 😜
Here is a tip.
-don't screw the Drive pin all the way and tape it around between the two connectors. That should give you the additional length you are looking for.

rayofthedead
01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Well, I like a lot of hang with my liners and when I switch to a shader cart, it just hangs out too much. With the hawk, I was just used to cranking the grip to adjust it. The more I use the edge with the RPG grip, the more I'm finding a happy medium for both carts.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.

fkirons
01-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Well, I like a lot of hang with my liners and when I switch to a shader cart, it just hangs out too much. With the hawk, I was just used to cranking the grip to adjust it. The more I use the edge with the RPG grip, the more I'm finding a happy medium for both carts.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.

The thunder has a 4mm stroke that cannot be adjusted so if you are "adjusting the stroke on the edge to the 2.8mm" that's where your problem lays. If you would be able to adjust the stroke on the Hawk to 2.8mm you would run through the same issue.

The shorter throw is usually ideal for running your needles with very short hang. Have you try using the machine with the standar 3.5mm or even 4.2? However if you still want to have lots of hang with a short stroke we can customize a drive pin for you simply get in touch with us via email.

Enjoy the machine.

fkirons
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM

Damn man We feel bad now. We feel like we accepted your money with you being under the influence. 😜

Zbel
01-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Ordered two machines last week - they are already in Denmark.. cant wait to try it out..

bluerocker
01-12-2015, 04:46 AM
ordered on the 8th dec ,,,shipped 30th,,,still not arrived,,,express shipping as well,,,hope its as good as reviews

rayofthedead
01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm getting used to the short stroke. I did shorten the hang when I dialed down the stroke and I realy like the results. I was just comparing it to my hawk since that's my daily driver. I don't expect it to be a thunder, otherwise I would have just bought another hawk. This machine is awesome and I'm loving the versatility. You did an awesome job and I'm really excited to see the work I create with it in the coming months.

bustitout
01-13-2015, 06:46 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/5mxpbn.jpg

Today is a good day :)

fkirons
01-13-2015, 07:28 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/5mxpbn.jpg

Today is a good day :)

Enjoy it and should you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Dennis
01-14-2015, 06:38 AM
I look forward when my good day comes)))

tat2dru
01-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Mine never came with oil, what are you supposed to lube, I thought this machine was self lubricating

fkirons
01-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Mine never came with oil, what are you supposed to lube, I thought this machine was self lubricating

The all come with oil. If yours didn't came with oil the shipping guy is getting his ass kicked by me 😁. Just get in touch with Kayleigh at [email protected] and we'll put one in the mail for you.

Yes the Slider is self lubricating meaning that it has PTFE in its composition and it won't wear off as quickly as regular Delrin. The Edge's slider will requires less lubrication than regular Delrin sliders as lubricant oil and PTFE from slider will create a much more slippery surface.

Picture a slider as a linear bearing. All bearings require some time of lubrication. For optimal performance.

To lubricate the machine is super easy. Put one drop on each side of the slider and the back, right in between the part that houses the slider. On the Edge X you can simply apply two to three drops right around the GiveKnob area.

Another effective way to lube up the slider is by the vise area. Remove chuck and floating collet, push slider forward and lube the slider through the vise. Apply one drop of oil in each of the three slots you will see on the slider right around the DrivePin.

Voila

Run the machine at 15 volts for about 8 seconds after applying the drops.

Lubrication videos will be available soon as well as online manual.

fkirons_kayleigh
01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
All original orders were shipped in our Spektra boxes to ensure that the orders were processed as quickly as possible so that you would not have to wait any longer for the machine to arrive as we unfortunately didn't receive the newer boxes until late last week, however all of the other machine features and accessories included with the machine are the same.
If you would like to arrange to receive the newer packaging please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to make arrangements with you

Well received it today...and first thoughts...machine looks good...not overly impressed with it being placed in what appears to be a halo box with no padding but there ya go...come with oil...bars and stickers...started off a really good purchase..very correspondence as had a few tech issues..then with issues with the website log in...postage...last email not replied to feel a bit shat on...especially when after the original launch was made...i jumped on it as been waiting for this machine...then all the offers and add ons come...learnt lesson...be more patient...sounds nice and smooth...and weights nice...hope it lives up to the hype

rayofthedead
01-14-2015, 01:45 PM
A few questions for the FKI guys:
im running the Edge X at about 10.5v no higher, for lining. I noticed the machine gets a bit warm. Not hit by any means but warm enough to notice. I just wanted to confirm that this was normal. The last few rotaries I've used haven't gotten warm and the ones prior that did, started to slow down when they got warm.

And

do you, or will you be making drive bars that are longer? I can't use my Cheyenne flex grip with the shorter drive bars provided. I have a couple RPG grips and a hawk combo grip so it's mit a big deal but I figured I'd ask before I sold the flex grip if it's useless.

Thanks so much for being so involved in the forum after your product launch. I'm incredibly happy with my purchase.

fkirons
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
A few questions for the FKI guys:
im running the Edge X at about 10.5v no higher, for lining. I noticed the machine gets a bit warm. Not hit by any means but warm enough to notice. I just wanted to confirm that this was normal. The last few rotaries I've used haven't gotten warm and the ones prior that did, started to slow down when they got warm.

And

do you, or will you be making drive bars that are longer? I can't use my Cheyenne flex grip with the shorter drive bars provided. I have a couple RPG grips and a hawk combo grip so it's mit a big deal but I figured I'd ask before I sold the flex grip if it's useless.

Thanks so much for being so involved in the forum after your product launch. I'm incredibly happy with my purchase.

Hey there. 10.5 is in the higher end but def safe. You can run this machine as high as 14 volts but no human skin will sustain the trauma. 😊 The warmth you are experiencing comes in fact from the big bearing of the hex drive mechanism. This bearing is absorbing axial load (protecting your motor and reducing vibration) so at higher speed rotation, the ball bearing balls can produce minimal warmth due to friction. The fact that the body of machine and motor housing are crafted from aluminum (a common material for heat dissipation purposes) will result in heat dissipation.
I have experienced, when prototyping, that running the Edge at high voltage will decrease the level of friction over time as the machine breaks in resulting into cool running machine.

Regarding the DriveBars being a bit shorted for flex grips. Well we made sure they worked with most grips ours and adjustable hawk. What you can do to compensate that difference is to unscrew the drive pin a bit to compensate for that difference and out a loop of take around.

You can also get longer drive pins from us. We make them upon request.

rayofthedead
01-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much for that explanation. I will play with the drive bar and see if it works.

One last question for anybody that might have some insight. Any tips on how to wrap this bad boy so the bag/clip cord sleeve doesn't hit the give knob and make all that noise?

nathan bauer
01-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Try getting bigger bags.hard yo find from tattoo suppliers. Check www.uline.com .they have different sizes and thicknesses on rolls. I'm thinking a little.stiffer bag stock (3mil ?) In a 3 in bag (or poly tubing) might be the ticket.

fkirons
01-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much for that explanation. I will play with the drive bar and see if it works.

One last question for anybody that might have some insight. Any tips on how to wrap this bad boy so the bag/clip cord sleeve doesn't hit the give knob and make all that noise?

I believe I got my blue bags from TatSoul. Check them out.
If your bags are small Ty to pinch it/ pull it by the slider section to enlarge it.
Also make sure to tuck the bag up a bit around the slider area. I will post a video soon that shows how to bag it and some additional tips. I am learning myself as I find more time to tattoo.

fkirons
01-14-2015, 09:23 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/14/174cf1699420ff75f6f6319935876a55.jpg these are the ones I use. I'm not at the shop to check the box.
Leave me with plenty of room to free up the slider area.
Maybe Billy at TatSoul can confirm?

rayofthedead
01-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Awesome, thanks. I will check out those tatsoul bags, my eikon bags are kinda narrow.

bustitout
01-15-2015, 01:30 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2pt5q92.jpg

These are the bags I use from Kingpin. They seem to have enough room, but are pretty thick, so I may have to get thinner ones to feel the give knob. Anyway, I found it helpful to put a rubberband towards the rca post to keep the bag bunched up front. Just and idea for what it's worth.

On another note, did my first piece with the Edge... and I freakin love it! I know I still have a lot to learn about it, but already worth every penny :)

joelhague
01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Does it work perfectly with the other cartridge grips to like tatsouls and the ones from franco at bishop ? Or do you need special bars etc

fkirons
01-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Does it work perfectly with the other cartridge grips to like tatsouls and the ones from franco at bishop ? Or do you need special bars etc

Tested with all cartridge disposable grips out there.
To use the TatSoul or Ttech grips you need to remove the bushing ball from the drive bar of either cartridge grip and install it in one of or drive bar. You can do this by hand pressure only. Do not Hammet It in because you may sink the actual bar.

Regarding all hawk like cartridge grips, the machine comes with a dedicated screw on bar with the 3mm steel ball. In the event that you use any other grip that needs custom bar we will gladly do it for you. Unfortunately with cartridges thugs have not been standardized but we are getting pottery close to it. 😊

tat2edsoda2000
01-21-2015, 11:13 AM
well i been running my edge for a little over 2 weeks now and love it a lot. no complaints. it even has helped me get more into my direct as well. i see the stuff on this thread about oil. i didn't get any here too and didn't think it needed it but read it does. were again do i add it? and thanks again for great machines. I'm happy with the services i have gotten at fk irons over the years.

cagelavey
01-21-2015, 12:37 PM
im sure this question has been asked somewhere or another just wondering what Cheyenne users think about the edge, in comparison? I currently run cheyennes but am in the throws of grabbing some cash for the edge, so I was just wondering if they run similar or if its a whole new experience altogether? im in love with the design of the edge! ant wait to get one

Zbel
01-22-2015, 04:35 AM
hey .. i have been using the edge X for about a week - usually i use the Thunder.
The machine is very well craftet, really quality made - thumbs up. It is really strong and has alot of power.
I run it at 9.5 volts for shading / packing and 10.8 for lining. I use give - one whole turn. (cut a mark on the nut - makes it easy to count turns.)

This is my daily driver now..

chris-in-cali
01-22-2015, 12:00 PM
easily my daily driver now too
Just really well built...... smooth, almost zero vibration, really well balanced with a RPG grip.

Just a very versatile, well thought out machine
my only complaint is that i only have one!!

slicksteel
01-22-2015, 02:54 PM
how is the sound level -is it loud like some sliders?

tat2edsoda2000
01-22-2015, 08:54 PM
hey .. i have been using the edge X for about a week - usually i use the Thunder.
The machine is very well craftet, really quality made - thumbs up. It is really strong and has alot of power.
I run it at 9.5 volts for shading / packing and 10.8 for lining. I use give - one whole turn. (cut a mark on the nut - makes it easy to count turns.)

This is my daily driver now..
what about the rotation u like it lower like at a 3.2 or at 4?

cagelavey
01-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Can't wait have to have one, I'm fuckin dying not having this yet! :'(

fkirons
01-22-2015, 11:30 PM
well i been running my edge for a little over 2 weeks now and love it a lot. no complaints. it even has helped me get more into my direct as well. i see the stuff on this thread about oil. i didn't get any here too and didn't think it needed it but read it does. were again do i add it? and thanks again for great machines. I'm happy with the services i have gotten at fk irons over the years.

Where are you located bud. We just heard from three customers that postal service in Canada, Philippines and UK removed from some reason the oil package of several Edge, Halos and Direkts orders. Don't understand why. Maybe because the bottle has a needle looking thing... I don't know. Oil by default goes in every machine due to our packing system. If oil is not there, which is the last item we need to include and check mark it in our control sheet, then the machine doesn't does not get a shipping label. Therefore doesn't ship.

Anyway. Any synthetic oil will work just fine on this machine. And if you still need get ahold of a bottle just contact us.

Thank you for the feedback people.

Zbel
01-23-2015, 05:10 AM
Well - i really havent experimented with the stroke length - i keep it
at 3.5-3.8 - that works for me.. i dunno what to gain by setting it to 4 (i use that on the thunder)
i really cant tell the different.. so i just stick with what it is..

tat2edsoda2000
01-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Where are you located bud. We just heard from three customers that postal service in Canada, Philippines and UK removed from some reason the oil package of several Edge, Halos and Direkts orders. Don't understand why. Maybe because the bottle has a needle looking thing... I don't know. Oil by default goes in every machine due to our packing system. If oil is not there, which is the last item we need to include and check mark it in our control sheet, then the machine doesn't does not get a shipping label. Therefore doesn't ship.

Anyway. Any synthetic oil will work just fine on this machine. And if you still need get ahold of a bottle just contact us.

ok ill message them to get it. I'm out of Kansas so not sure. I'm using some from when i got my halos for now.

Jzah
01-23-2015, 08:45 AM
just send you a message Gaston ..
if you can read my pm .
thanks

crabink
02-02-2015, 10:52 PM

They think the oil is wax or THC oil. lol it has happened before

johndameart
02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
http://youtu.be/kUH23rc-AKo

fkirons
02-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Damn faster than we can make our own videos. Great stuff bro. Thanks.

eduki
02-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Any idea about when it will be available in Europe (Spain) Gaston? At today i canīt find it at the official distributors here ;)

fkirons
02-11-2015, 01:09 PM
You can get it through KillerInk. More European distributors will get the machine as soon as we fulfill their orders

johndameart
02-11-2015, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcJGxk_mzzw

cagelavey
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Awesome time lapse, killer as always

johndameart
02-12-2015, 08:27 PM
http://youtu.be/P4ohTI-nF_w

Dreviltattoo
02-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Nice!

AltarVinz
02-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi, juste received my Edge X today. Wondering if I'm a black cat again. With my rpg cart (not the disposable) the tube is moving even tightened like hell. So I striped my Hawk Thunder and used the grip (25"), removed the part for regular cart and used it on the Edge X. Tightened, the vice is hold, but the grip rotates like it's not hold.
Due to the extreme quality of both spektra and Fk machines, as well as all the care Gaston and his team provides building and packing the machines, I believe I m doing something wrong with the machine.
If anyone has an idea to help me understand where I m bshing, that would be very kind.

I live in France and got my Edge X from killerink (with lube ;) ).

Mog
02-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Mine was killer ink uk, no lube! Which type is it, I have synthetic grease and the oil from my halo?
I haven't really tried ultra tightening mine on the vice, as I actually find it perfect for adjusting the needle depth on the fly when using ttech grips!

AltarVinz
02-19-2015, 06:50 PM
It's the liquid oil. Normaly tube/rpg is hold thight. I can move my tube with the vice turned max :/

AltarVinz
02-23-2015, 05:32 PM
http://youtu.be/Mg3Di-T5jWg

hope you ll understand my sick intonation !

Mog
02-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Actually, I just tried my colleagues Cheyenne grip on Saturday, was exactly the same, although normal grips were fine. So not just you,I thought maybe the grip was at fault at first. But it really it was turning very freely,no grip at all.

AltarVinz
02-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share !

Ofeloner
02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
I've bin using my S edge X everyday now for a few weeks, I love it!! Best machine I have ever used, I sold my cheyenne hawk a week ago cuzz I stopped using it, the edge does it all with ease,way better than the Cheyenne,today I did a chest rocker with a 9round ttechs and it was cake with big ol fat lines, I use to kinda have a problem with color/sacheration.not any more,,if you don't use a Spektra Edge X then Fuck you;!!.. That's all, Thanx :)

fkirons
02-23-2015, 09:52 PM
http://youtu.be/Mg3Di-T5jWg

hope you ll understand my sick intonation !

To address to your concerns. One at a time.
The first thing you show about a regular grip turning is something that you will achieve with any grip on any machine if forced that way. By holding the machine with both fists and turning it in opposite direction you are applying several pounds of torque. The vise was designed to sustain the weight of machine (2.5oz) In fact actually can sustain several pounds before it turns. But not the torque of two Superman's hands :p

I would recommend you tattoo normally and you'll see that you won't get any turning issue. :)

The second issue you experience with the Cheyenne grip is something we discovered with some Cheyenne grips recently where the thread of their chuck doesn't maintain the same depth through their batches. This is why your machine shipped with additional o-rings that fit right over the Cheyenne grip to supplement from the outside instead of supplementing with the oring that's on the grip (due to the dual vise function of the edge)

However this oring will be needed if your Cheyenne grip does not have a deep enough thread in the chuck. Most people have no issues with them.

Again It only happens with certain batch of Cheyennes. The oring is in that baggy that's I see on your box in the video!

throwhammers
02-24-2015, 03:26 AM
sometimes that one o-ring is not enough to make it tight.

AltarVinz
02-24-2015, 05:16 AM
Hi Gaston, the machine is not holding the tube enough when tattooing, changing the needle throw on the fly is not something I ever made on any of your machines, neither on stigma, dragonfly, ego, vivace, bishop.

I have a flue and even opening a door lock is hard for me so I dont see no superman strengh.
As for the O ring, if you watch closely It's not in the box when doing the video...

fkirons
02-24-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm saying the orings come in that bag. We pre packed all boxes and all parts are added to the little baggy. The most effective thing to do is to email us [email protected] and we'll gladly resolve the issue for you.

AltarVinz
02-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Oh sorry I just realized it was not very clear what I wrote. The O ring is mounted on the video, not left in the bag. I'll contact you via mail to keep the forum clean.
thanks for the help !!

throwhammers
02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Oh sorry I just realized it was not very clear what I wrote. The O ring is mounted on the video, not left in the bag. I'll contact you via mail to keep the forum clean.
thanks for the help !!

I had the same issue. There is no real fix. Multiple o-rings seems to be the unfortunate solution.

fkirons
02-24-2015, 07:49 PM
I had the same issue. There is no real fix. Multiple o-rings seems to be the unfortunate solution.

PM sent.

AltarVinz
02-24-2015, 09:09 PM
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Customer service review for Fk Irons/Spektra !!

brandonmull
02-24-2015, 09:39 PM
I do not own a fki machine yet, but I definitely have plans to purchase one soon from watching the interaction on here!

brandonmull
02-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Just ordered one of the Edges. Exciting to see what this machine runs like!

inkinwi
03-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Is the lead time still 2 weeks on an edge x? I really want to pick one up but I really don't want to wait 2 weeks to use it. Lol

brandonmull
03-01-2015, 04:50 PM
i guess it is, i am a week into waiting on mine.

eric03
03-03-2015, 01:42 AM
after using the spirit n the stylus H on a regular basis n find them both equally great for different reasons, would they compare to the edge or is the edge x really the way to go? I'm struggling with deciding which one is better to get. its too bad u can't buy the give option as an upgrade if u buy the edge.lol. thanks for the info in advance.

eric03
03-03-2015, 01:49 AM
nevermind. i just got the edge x.hahaha

joelhague
03-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Been waiting 17 days still no shipment from fk irons yet will be 19 by the time they get back into the office after the weekend, asked kayleigh to deal with it before weekend , didn't happen , not too impressed with fk service this time around getting pretty impatient on my order

fkirons
03-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Been waiting 17 days still no shipment from fk irons yet will be 19 by the time they get back into the office after the weekend, asked kayleigh to deal with it before weekend , didn't happen , not too impressed with fk service this time around getting pretty impatient on my order
Hello Joel. We have not forgot about you and there are not reasons to be disappointed. This has been handled as scheduled "before the weekend"

Your machine shipped within the stated timeframe. (15 business day to "Ship out")
Please check your email for tracking as it may have been sorted in your junk folder.

No further delays is foreseen with any of the the orders and everything remains as scheduled.

Here is your tracking info:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tLabels=EC90116858 5US
From this point the package may be in customs and should be in your hands this week.

We hope you enjoy your Edge.

joelhague
03-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Thanks Gaston, nope nothing in my email from fk searched whole account

fkirons
03-08-2015, 12:34 AM
Thanks Gaston, nope nothing in my email from fk searched whole account
Strange. Tracking on sent packages we have it setup to be automated.
But the good news is that the machine left as agreed and should be in your hands this week.

joelhague
03-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Ya I'm not too sure , thanks for the fast reply pictured waiting till Monday for a reply rotary forum to the rescue, I am beyond stoked to have the machine hopefully makes me wanna sell my thunder

Mog
03-08-2015, 06:06 AM
I have found, using my edge with ttech, that I am at the very outside of what I'm comfortable with throw wise, it's a bit long for me and adjustment seems tricky when the tube is out so far. Like it's only just being held in the vice. Is there a fix for this I have overlooked, or different grips I could try ( I like three grips in rotation so hoping to not spend a fortune as I really like my ttech grips) thanks

fkirons
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I have found, using my edge with ttech, that I am at the very outside of what I'm comfortable with throw wise, it's a bit long for me and adjustment seems tricky when the tube is out so far. Like it's only just being held in the vice. Is there a fix for this I have overlooked, or different grips I could try ( I like three grips in rotation so hoping to not spend a fortune as I really like my ttech grips) thanks

What kind of grip are you using? Indeed, The grip is supposed to be held by the vise and collet. Unless you are using the longer drive pin for the flex grip with a tube that's not Flex, this shouldn't happen nor I've heard of this issue before. Send us a picture or video to better understand your situation

Mog
03-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks, I'm away till end of the month, I'll get in contact then if I can't work it out.

johndameart
03-10-2015, 03:09 PM
seriousley still the best all around machine ive used, youll be stoked when you get it.

brandonmull
03-11-2015, 07:14 PM
mine shipped today! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH

eric03
03-11-2015, 11:58 PM
just got my edge n all i can say is... cheyenne who? haha.this machine is so great! super smooth, light, tiny, n easy to use. just all around awesome! super stoked!

zerovandal14
03-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???

bustitout
03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???

The give is definitley different that other machines I've tried, but as for my machine, it's there, it just took me a little while to get used to how it works. Gaston did a great job explaining it on this thread (i think, maybe it was the other Edge thread). I'm not sure if it was the machine that broke in or if it was me, but I now can run it with zero to full give with no problem. I use it for absolutely everything I do! Not sure if that helps, just my 2 cents

fkirons
03-12-2015, 03:04 PM

The edge has a short give travel and there are many reasons why we designed it this way. The end result of the give is noticeable while tattooing as there is No tactile feedback on any part of the machine (no, the give knob is stationary and does not back off like an armature bar for example) However if you no give at all, you may have over torqued the give knob while trying to close it causing the spring to jam. Try this. Remove the give knob. Push the bar inwards with normal force and see if you get it to pop back up.

Another thing you can try is to run the machine high like at 12 volts for 5 seconds while opposing inward force towards the bar. Put the give knob all the way in without over doing it and back off 1 turn and a half. The travel of the give is about 1.8mm so don't expect anything more than that. It's just simply no needed with this setup.

We are dealing with cartridges that already have a spring. Let us know how that went. And for everyone reading this 1.5 turn from the no position is all you want to back off. The rest of the turns have no effect over give and just sets the screw in place.

Feel free to PM, email us or call us with any questions.

billannand
03-13-2015, 12:07 AM
My friend grabbed an edge from you guys in Detroit. He has nothing but great things to say about it, so I sold my flite and are saving for one.

On a side note, you were putting a stencil on Tim bloor while I was talking to him on Sunday. Still haven't seen that tattoo. Can we have a peek. Thank you for everything man.

fkirons
03-13-2015, 01:41 AM
My friend grabbed an edge from you guys in Detroit. He has nothing but great things to say about it, so I sold my flite and are saving for one.

On a side note, you were putting a stencil on Tim bloor while I was talking to him on Sunday. Still haven't seen that tattoo. Can we have a peek. Thank you for everything man.

Damn bro. Should've said hi! That was such an honor to tattoo the FK Logo on my friend Tim Boor🙏 Nothing fancy, just a logo. Lined and colored with a 5 RL http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/12/4ed2a2e6e9fbde3383ef8790b3103d41.jpg

joelhague
03-14-2015, 02:31 AM
OK so I used my edge x today I was skeptical at first, all I can say is I'm hooked , sold my thunder , no regrets , nailed it Gaston! I do need a couple other push rods tho I emailed and face booked you guys about it, really stoked on the machine used it at 9.2 v and it did everything super fast and zero effort , give locked down , just under max stroke and gave me buttery smooth shading , I don't know what it is but it feels faster then my thunder and the way the needle feels on the skin was more intuitive then normal, very impressed , used bug pin 13 curvedag , 8rs and 3rl effortlessly with a disposable RPG

eduki
03-14-2015, 08:07 AM
A question about the edge with carts.. Isn't much better option the edge with no give when using carts?
I wonder how give can act with a cartridge that already has an inner spring... It comes to my mind some harleys that I see with rear shocks and the owner decides to install a seat with springs for an "old school" looking.
That could be the reason why Gaston decided to install a small amount of give of 1.8 or 2 mm. on the edge X, but I would like to ask to you the experienced builders if even that small give... Could not react in the opposite way with the cartridge spring?

asA
03-14-2015, 09:29 AM
A question about the edge with carts.. Isn't much better option the edge with no give when using carts?
I wonder how give can act with a cartridge that already has an inner spring... It comes to my mind some harleys that I see with rear shocks and the owner decides to install a seat with springs for an "old school" looking.
That could be the reason why Gaston decided to install a small amount of give of 1.8 or 2 mm. on the edge X, but I would like to ask to you the experienced builders if even that small give... Could not react in the opposite way with the cartridge spring?

There is other machines machines that can have their full stroke worth of give. Gaston explains why he only did a small amount in previous posts. the dragonfly X2 for example can hit so soft it won't puncture the skin with carts.. which is a useless amount of give but none the less it's nice to get the full range of adjustment from no give to full useless give.

fkirons
03-14-2015, 11:25 AM

I am going to post (as soon as I have get the digital microscope we are buying for the shop) pictures of magnified surface puncture with no give and give.
That's the best visual reference that I can think off to illustrate the feature.

The Edge and EdgeX with give hit totally different. Of course the EdgeX with the give completely closed will hit like the Edge (no give.)

Feel free to call or email us as well if you like.

Gabrielfernandeztattoos
03-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Those picts sound interesting

cagelavey
03-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Gaston, Timothy boor is going to be in Fort Wayne, in. At the devils hollow tattoo convention that my shop has sponsored (Grade A tattoos) can't wait to meet him great artist. Also loving the edge, honestly one of, if not the best liner I've ever used.

cagelavey
03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
In all honesty, the give does work really well. It's just nothing that can be measured other than when in the skin, simple as that. The give that is offered thru the x is more than enough to do any job. I love no give machines and didn't think that I would use the give much, which I don't, not really. I know like have a turn on the give knob makes it freaking excellent for lining, just enough for the perfect lines. But as for all else I like no give, that's just me. But I have ran it with give for shading and color packing just to see what was up and it performed awesomely as well. I do have to admit that at first I thought there was more vibration than when using my thunder, which there is, but not much, and when tattooing it's not an issue at all, even with the disposables it performs optimally. Another issue I had was the stroke adjustment, tried the different settings, and found that the only one that performed well for me was the max stroke, but that's just personal preference I'm sure, after using the 4mm thunder for so long. The vice is also top notch, pry one of the best vices I've used also. All and all, an amazing machine. Not disappointed at all. Glad she is in my arsenal! Great job with this one Gaston.

joelhague
03-18-2015, 04:47 AM
I agree with everything you say loving mine more and more every tattoo I do with it did this one today 3rl 8rs bug pin 13rm 7rm 27551 and ya I probably could have done without the 13 mag or 8rs haha but fuck it that's why I love carts I used 3.6 ish stroke and 9.3 volts for everything , no give

joelhague
03-18-2015, 04:51 AM
And Gaston I had a question , lube, when, where ,how much? Video tutorial would be great , machine is easy to completely tear down and re assemble but maybe make an all in one that includes u taking it all apart etc to

joelhague
03-18-2015, 05:06 AM
Here's mine looks so sexy all in black 27552
And also when will disposable drive pins be available packed with each disp RPG? Also will you sell packs of drive pins for those who want to buy enough to use a new one each time etc

eduki
03-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Hi joelhague, how do you feel it on hand while tattooing? It does vibrate or is the vibration uncomfortable when you're tattooing small details or small letterings? How is it compared with the thunder/spirit (or even hawk pen if you tried it)?
Just read some comments of people comparing it with them ;)
By the way, nice "all black" looking!

joelhague
03-18-2015, 06:56 AM
It vibrates slightly more then my hawk thunder, but it isn't really noticeable it vibrates less then many many many other rotary machines , it will not cause any issue for lining etc, you can always use a stainless t tech grip on it if you wanted but I have no issues using plastic disposable cart grips, I can't express how stoked I am on the machine, I don't get excited over new machines anymore once I went all hawk for over a year and a half I figured my machine journey was over, since I don't buy into hype or gimmicks or the fancy new rotarys that come out once a month , it took a lot for me to buy this as I had tried almost every rotary I could get my hands on before my hawk, and basically to me they all ran almost the same, this edge x machine though there is some magic in it , just feels fucking awesome to tattoo with . I sold my thunder after doing 2 tattoos with it, that says alot, it has put the fun back into everyday tattooing such a pleasure to work with a machine that makes my job easier and more pleasurable !

joelhague
03-18-2015, 07:01 AM
For me there was zero learning curve going from hawk to this it was more like reverse learning curve , its like I'm just going to make you tattoo better if that's alright with you good sir , lol and it totally has

eduki
03-18-2015, 07:05 AM
Thank you for the explanation, it really helps!
These days I was watching some YouTube vids about Jose Perez Jr. I'm not sure but I think he uses disposable grips with the edge X and wrap them with paper, maybe that can be enough too.
Thanks again ;)

fkirons
03-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Well, we can thank you guys enough for the support and honest feedback.
To address some of the questions:
Lubing: Videos will be up pretty soon. To lube up the EdgeX there are a few things to keep in mind.

a) One drop gets you a long way.
b) Less is more

On the EdgeX you simply place one to two drops of oil by the slot that surrounds the GiveKnob.
Run the machine fast (around 15V) for 5 seconds to disperse the oil and you are done.

On the Edge: you put one drop on each side of the SliderGuard right in between the slider and the SliderGuard.
and do exactly the same to disperse the oil.

The Slider is made of a new material that has PTFE and Teflon in its composition therefore no frequent lubing is required.
We have estimated that a machine needs to be lubed after every 120 hours more or less.

Again, do not over lube as this will result in to a negative effect.

Regarding Vibration: Well the Edge has close to no vibration when you compare with the amount of torque that the machine is outputting.
We design the cam to deliver maximum torque while keeping the vibration ratio to its minimum.
Some artists have mentioned that what they feel is "feedback when needle strike the skin" giving them better control and precision when rendering their work.

Wrapping grips or simply using larger diameter grips can make maneuverability more precise, but this all goes with preference and taste.

In my personal experience, I tend to have more control with 1.25" grips than with anything smaller. Anything bigger than 1.25" gives me some pain in my thumb knuckle and this is due to the way a "grip" my grips.

Should you guys have any further questions feel free to ask.

eduki
03-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks again Gaston for all the explanations about the machine, and thanks also for the incoming videos ;)

fkirons
03-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks again Gaston for all the explanations about the machine, and thanks also for the incoming videos ;)
anytime my friend

joelhague
03-19-2015, 10:34 PM
What are the recommended voltages for various tasks recommended direct from you guys I have seen others opinions but would be cool to have it direct from you and the fk pro team what they are preferring on setttings

fkirons
03-20-2015, 09:38 AM
What are the recommended voltages for various tasks recommended direct from you guys I have seen others opinions but would be cool to have it direct from you and the fk pro team what they are preferring on setttings

I see people digging it around 8.5 for black and grey. 9-9.5 for color 9.5-10 for lining. But again this are just variables and you can go lower or higher than this parameters. Dial the voltage in small increments and see what work best for you. With cartridges from different brands having different tension the variables tend to change from brand to brand. Hope this helps.

brandonmull
03-20-2015, 03:37 PM
All I can say is, this thing is pretty incredible. It is the first cartridge only machine I have used, but it does anything I have needed and done it very well!

johndameart
03-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Ill have another video uploaded a little later.

johndameart
03-21-2015, 10:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBNSrVWlsaM

music is being uploaded

fkirons
03-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Damn bro are you lining with a sharpie? Oh wait! That's a Spektra Edge !! Hahaha great work and thank you for sharing this with us. If you don't mind I would like to upload it on our YouTube channel

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 11:11 PM
So does anyone have a comparison between the Edge X and the Inkjecta Flight 2? They seem to be the only cartridge machines that are truly alike in functionality/flexibility.

johndameart
03-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks! Fk, go for it, I can email you the video or something it's large video tho

asA
03-23-2015, 10:23 AM
So does anyone have a comparison between the Edge X and the Inkjecta Flight 2? They seem to be the only cartridge machines that are truly alike in functionality/flexibility.

Imo. The compact from swash is the most versatile with the stroke and give being able to be adjusted way further and way easier with a giant motor that can run slow without stalling.... then the flite v2 which now has 5 or more stroke cams and 4 push bar give options and a monster brushless motor that can handle 24 Volts.... then the specific 3 combo version with 3 stroke options and adjustable give.... Then the edge x limited stroke adjustment and slight give adjustment. 9 times out of 10 I use my compact. Although I've been using the new dragonfly X2 for the past weeks and it really can push carts like a dream. It has more speed and torque than you would ever need with adjustable stroke and give. We live in a good time where almost every machine thats came out recently has been pretty solid with little to complain about.

Just my 2 cents.

fkirons
03-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Thank you for the video John. I'm glad you love the "limited give and stroke of the Edge 😂" and I hope you don't mind the machine is American made.

johndameart
03-23-2015, 01:54 PM
anytime gaston, i love the spektra, with me I run mine around ide say 8-8.5 for black and grey and color blending with the stroke provided on it, and with lining and filler no more than 9v. I Used the Flite V2 and Loved it as well, but imo this edge x outbeats anything ive tried and ive gone trough machine after machine and always go to my fk;s, direkt halo and now the edge which i have stuck with since i got it. Adjusting the give and a lot of you guys know that I never was fond of give machines too much, I found barely opening it up with the smallest amount of give gave me the best results in my work. not only that but the movement of the machine and how it fits in your hand i forget that its even there because its never in the way.

DougHardy
03-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Imo. The compact from swash is the most versatile with the stroke and give being able to be adjusted way further and way easier with a giant motor that can run slow without stalling.... then the flite v2 which now has 5 or more stroke cams and 4 push bar give options and a monster brushless motor that can handle 24 Volts.... then the specific 3 combo version with 3 stroke options and adjustable give.... Then the edge x limited stroke adjustment and slight give adjustment. 9 times out of 10 I use my compact. Although I've been using the new dragonfly X2 for the past weeks and it really can push carts like a dream. It has more speed and torque than you would ever need with adjustable stroke and give. We live in a good time where almost every machine thats came out recently has been pretty solid with little to complain about.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I've been around for a while and I'm really thrilled that there are so many machines now (that are really good) that you can find a Goldilocks number much easier than one has ever been able to do before.

Lehmham
03-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Yeeeessss the Edge-X is back in Stock at Killerink...

just ordered mine, i'm sooo happy. Like the First Time i knew i will become a father :)

DougHardy
03-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Well I just ordered the last black Edge X that Tatsoul had in stock so I guess I'll do my own comparison to the Flight this weekend haha. Really excited to get this one, Gaston! As always you seem to be hitting it out of the park!

fkirons
03-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Well I just ordered the last black Edge X that Tatsoul had in stock so I guess I'll do my own comparison to the Flight this weekend haha. Really excited to get this one, Gaston! As always you seem to be hitting it out of the park!

I hope u enjoy it man! We really appreciate it.

fkirons
03-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Yeeeessss the Edge-X is back in Stock at Killerink...

just ordered mine, i'm sooo happy. Like the First Time i knew i will become a father :)

Hahaha. To us was more like being pregnant for two years straight 😜😂

Brian Russell
03-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Artoftatt2 was cool enough to let me try his Saturday when I was up there. Pretty impressed with it. I'll have one soon. :)

jman110077
03-24-2015, 06:38 PM
why do cheyenne carts have to be so pricey.. I want to switch to those and the edge seems to be my ticket! I can buy a reliable car later! hahah :)

DougHardy
03-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Well I've used my EX for only a couple tattoos but I am incredibly impressed so far. I'm going to give it another couple weeks of use before I go into an insightful review but man I am really digging it.

Any idea when the disposable drive pins will be available, Gaston? And will the regular steel drive pins with the ball tip be available as well? Also, replacement parts like the chuck in case I do something incredibly stupid with mine?

I'll be getting another one of these this summer for sure.

fkirons
03-28-2015, 10:56 PM
All parts available upon request.
Autoclavable DrivePins coming soon. Surgical steel drive pins available on the site. Hope you keep enjoying it

DougHardy
03-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Fantastic! Gaston, you and the crew should rightfully be proud of this one. Honestly with the Edge and Edge X, I cannot see why anyone would choose a Cheyenne at this point. The combination of flexibility (EASILY changeable hit, quickly changeable stroke, and the vice and screw-on attachments built in), ability to properly clean the unit (I've always loved this aspect of being able to remove the motor to be able to even autoclave the body of the Spektra rotaries), and the Hexbolt giving incredibly smooth performance makes this machine one of the most absolutely best cartridge machines I have ever used. I'll be telling friends about this one. Thanks again Gaston!

nathan bauer
03-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Where on the site.are the extra bars..can't seem to find them.

fkirons
03-29-2015, 12:46 PM

The Edge has a 1.5-2mm give travel and there is a reason why (have addressed this on another post)

Something that could've happened is that if you over torque the knob you could jam up the spring. So I recommend you remove the give knob and run the machine at 15 volts for no more than 5 seconds at a time with drive pin installed. As you are running it push in the drivepin and release . Repeat this a few times and you may want to also add some oil right where the drive bar connects with the slider. (You will need to do this from the vise so remove collet and chuck)

Once you try this push in the bar to see if you get spring action. If you do. Everything is back to normal. Otherwise get back to us via email at [email protected]

A short give travel gets you a long away with the EdgeX. The give can only be gauged once cartridge is installed as cartridge internal spring does half of the work when connected to the edge.

From the no give position turn ONLY up to 1.5 turn no more than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sonictattoos
04-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Spectra edge x has been my daily driver since I received it a few months ago. Didn't really need to but I felt the need for a second one

onechance
11-16-2015, 09:11 PM
what size is the hex kit thats comes with the edge because mine
cant get grip and i cant change stroke length

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

tonoglasgow
11-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Thinking in getting one pretty soon after seing all the reviews,only i can find rpg click grips from fk irons around here,are they compatible?or i need the universal vise connector?a bit lost with the grip stuff...

johndameart
11-17-2015, 11:11 AM
The edge comes with the adapter

tonoglasgow
11-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Cheers John!!!!

onechance
11-17-2015, 03:16 PM
i wanne buy a precision hex screwdriver for it because the hextool cant get a grip on the screw and i cant loosen it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

dmose333
11-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Took advantage of the black friday sale and ordered the kryptonite spektra edge x with a kryptonite rpg click and a tangerine rpg click for my hm direct drive. so excited

bmerck11
12-11-2015, 07:55 PM
29279 used the edge on this piece. This machine puts in color fast and more vibrant than any other rotary I have. Also lines amazing!! I set it at 8.3 and never move my voltage. Also I have the give knob opened up a quarter turn. This machine is a beast

tonoglasgow
12-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Nice one bmerck!!!

joelhague
12-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Sick work. Amazing saturation

Dardy2
10-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Got my edge x the other day love it only used it once I've been using the hawk thunder for the last year and half :) any advice would be greatly appreciated on settings and voltage people are using for lining a and shading I'm currently running it on a critical power supply :)

Dardy2
12-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Hello gaston I've pm you about an issue with my edge any advice would be appreciated ��

Dardy2
12-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Hello gaston I've pm you about an issue with my edge any advice would be appreciated ��

Bishopbyname
12-11-2016, 02:02 PM
29279 used the edge on this piece. This machine puts in color fast and more vibrant than any other rotary I have. Also lines amazing!! I set it at 8.3 and never move my voltage. Also I have the give knob opened up a quarter turn. This machine is a beast

Mate your work just gets better and better! I've noticed great results from using my Edge X in a similar way.

The only machine i've seen to rival it is the Cheyenne Pen. I've seen work from that machine come back with little to no change in colour from fresh to healed.