PDA

View Full Version : Slot lock needle cartridges

jasonadelinia
12-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I've seen a bit fly around Instagram. It's a new needle cartridge called "slot lock" and supplied by king pin. Look like nice needles and maybe a nice change or at least more options for people.

Has as anyone heard anything about these?

jasonadelinia
12-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Pics here

Pinhas
12-26-2014, 06:29 PM
a just saw this any idea of the price ?

Tattoo junk
12-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Is there a picture of the tattoo wich used that stencil laying on the table?
that stencil by it self makes me wonder :rolleyes:

Any pics of other pieces made with these carts?

cheyenne doesnt allow a supplier to sell any other carts than cheyennes that fits the cheyenne grips, they stop any delivery of cheyenne products to that supplier.
kingpin is still selling cheyennes right?

I guess next year is gonna be a diffrent for cheyenne...

eric03
12-26-2014, 11:16 PM
http://trademarks.justia.com/864/13/slot-lock-needle-86413905.html

Math
12-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Is there any news on when these are gonna be available?

fkirons
12-27-2014, 02:08 PM
http://trademarks.justia.com/864/13/slot-lock-needle-86413905.html

That is a trademark of the brand. Not a patent application of any kind. Would be nice to see more needle cartridges in the market without a legal battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tattoo junk
12-27-2014, 03:12 PM
That is a trademark of the brand. Not a patent application of any kind. Would be nice to see more needle cartridges in the market without a legal battle.

I agree...
They look allot like cheyennes so it look like its a copy...i think with not as many cart companies at this point there is room enough to give it a unique design...
iff they gonna sell em it probbably gonna be the same way ttech does.

cagelavey
12-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Cheyenne doesn't care if they look the same, they care if the locking mechanism is the same because they don't want any other cart to fit their machines. They want to corner the market that way and I guess they have the patent to do so. I would love to see more cart companies, I'd especially love to see a cart with a seal like the Cheyennes for a better price. Just kind of hard to get around those patents. It is what it is, who knows what the future will bring?

jasonadelinia
12-27-2014, 06:00 PM
They look nice but I guess hard to tell. Also it looks like you get 20 in a box, so hopefully a similar price to Cheyenne needles. The guys IG is tattooartbyisaac. The finished piece was on apof and looked really nice, seems though kingpin will supply only if you call them. Shame I'm in UK.

tatu richie
12-27-2014, 06:54 PM
i have been test running these carts for the past six months, and yes u are correct everyone, these are kingpin carts and they made these with alot of hard work we now have amazingness here :)

tatu richie
12-27-2014, 07:02 PM
a just saw this any idea of the price ?
gonna be cheaper then cheyenne for sure and yes 20 to a box

tatu richie
12-27-2014, 07:04 PM
I agree...
They look allot like cheyennes so it look like its a copy...i think with not as many cart companies at this point there is room enough to give it a unique design...
iff they gonna sell em it probbably gonna be the same way ttech does.
i can garantee u this they are not a copy of cheyenne, they are unique in there own way

billannand
12-27-2014, 08:26 PM
When are they looking to be ready for public?

Tattoo junk
12-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Cheyenne doesn't care if they look the same, they care if the locking mechanism is the same because they don't want any other cart to fit their machines. They want to corner the market that way and I guess they have the patent to do so. I would love to see more cart companies, I'd especially love to see a cart with a seal like the Cheyennes for a better price. Just kind of hard to get around those patents. It is what it is, who knows what the future will bring?

how do you know they dont care about the look? Dont you think they have a patend of the overal look?

there are ways to get arround those patends.

Tattoo junk
12-27-2014, 08:42 PM
i can garantee u this they are not a copy of cheyenne, they are unique in there own way

Sounds great!!!
Are you allowed to give us some more info? Can you share some pictures or whatever?

tatu richie
12-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Sounds great!!!
Are you allowed to give us some more info? Can you share some pictures or whatever?
what kinda info u want?

Tattoo junk
12-28-2014, 06:51 AM
what kinda info u want?

#Do they feel like cheyennes or ttech when tattooing?

#What type of tension system?

#Can they be used in every cart system, cheyenne and stylus dont seem to get allong

#do they have a seal inside?

#Cheyenne needles are more like a bugpin type needle, how about these slotlock? Are they using the same type of needles as cheyenne or ttech

#Are they sold like ttech from china because of the pattend?

#are there other suppliers that gonna carry them?

Many questions just answer what you and can and want man:o

tat2dru
12-28-2014, 09:03 AM
How much

bretttattoos
12-28-2014, 08:32 PM
If it's a kingpin product I'd think that were made in house or at least in the US.. If I can use them with my stylus and not torch the motor I'll probably be switching to these . If not then I'm fine staying with ttech, I get my orders next day or 2day every time from them . But kingpin is notorious for good service so either way. I'm interested in the seal (if any) and the stress they put on a motor

artoftatt2
12-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Deff not made in the USA their is only two companies I know of that don't have their tubes or needles made in the usa

cagelavey
12-29-2014, 12:45 AM
tattoo junk, I just know that the law suit they had against t-tech was about the way they locked into the grips, nothing else, but who knows, maybe it will be some new patent or reason to suppress other carts in the future, I don't know. I just know what they have done in the past, is all.

cagelavey
12-29-2014, 12:48 AM
these new carts from kingpin look promising. cant wait till they are available!

Tattoo junk
12-29-2014, 06:31 AM
these new carts from kingpin look promising. cant wait till they are available!

These slotlocks will lock in the cheyennes too, i wonder iff "slotlock" stands for diffrent locking system, Otherwise its gonna be the same battle.
i never understood why EZ carts can still sell them without probmems and ttech got a fat lawsuit.

I saw on instagram you can order them allready iff you contact kingpin...but not yet trough there website.

I will order these slotlocks asap, would be nice to see cheyenne being forced to drop there price because they have less sales...

tatu richie
12-29-2014, 01:34 PM
ok like i said i have been using kingpin slotlock carts for about 6 months now, and i absolutely love them, being that i really like the conventional needles from kingpin as it is but ive been using carts for about 2 yrs now, and yes i use cheyennes and t tech, in my most humble opinion, when using cheyyene i personally think they are good yet thinner needles so if using them the way i tattoo they arent the greatest talking about the mags, i think as thin as they are they r good for tattooing softer color style and for the t tech mags i think the needles are blunt and thicker meaning its harder to layer and rougher on the skin, as far as the kingpin carts they are in between both , meaning i get to do everything with them, the best of both worlds, i hope this made sense, i will be using the slotlocks as and everyday needle, i have zero issues at all, they are very well made and perfect. they pack very nice and layer very smooth, and shade with ease, as far as the spring goes i feel its softer then the other mentioned carts and i can use them on any machine i have. ver well made and alot of hard work put into these, well done guys, again very happy

artoftatt2
12-29-2014, 06:36 PM
I have some coming as well as a few other new cartridges and will post a full review on friday

Tattoo junk
12-29-2014, 07:19 PM
@Tatu richie you nailed the cheyenne and ttech part, i feel the same about them...

These new carts are very promising.

@afrotatt2 any info on the other new carts you going to get??? ;)

adrian the sardinian
01-01-2015, 09:36 AM
ANY idea as to when they will be available or the prices ?

bretttattoos
01-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Anyone ran them with a stylus?

denrbyn
01-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Same price as cheyenne but you get twice as many. Come out to around $1.50 a piece and yes have a seal in them

Mog
01-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Hopefully available in uk soon! They sound very promising.

Tattoo junk
01-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Are they shipping as fast as ttech?

artoftatt2
01-01-2015, 05:53 PM
The slotllocks are decent carts they are a little higher priced then t tech but they do have a membrane.. I used them a few times yesterday and I like the mags a lot.. They rinse clean very easy.. The groupings are just like kingpin needles and hopefully they do some bold liners as well.. I don't like the fact that their are only diamonds so far for liners but that's a personal preference.. I did have one cart head pull of from my grip when I went to remove it but time will tell if that's a re occurring thing.. I will speak more on the other carts I have coming and more in depth on all three this Sunday as I have a few appts this weekend👍👍

cagelavey
01-02-2015, 06:25 AM
that's awesome! ive always thought that Cheyenne would be worth it if there were just 20 to a box, lol. im on this, making order Monday when I grab some more t-techs. seriously knowing that there is a new cart on the market makes me so fucking happy! now I just need them to be made in red, lol. :-)

Tattoo junk
01-02-2015, 07:42 AM
that's awesome! ive always thought that Cheyenne would be worth it if there were just 20 to a box, lol. im on this, making order Monday when I grab some more t-techs. seriously knowing that there is a new cart on the market makes me so fucking happy! now I just need them to be made in red, lol. :-)

Thats true...Red carts shade and pack better then blue's...LOL

Mog
01-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Haha well I was pretty pleased they were in blue! Sad but true :)

artoftatt2
01-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I've had four failed kingpins slotllock cartridges out of eight I've used so far

OwlsDen
01-03-2015, 05:55 PM
How did they fail?

artoftatt2
01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Three tops came off so the needle was fully exposed and one got stuck

slicksteel
01-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Three tops came off so the needle was fully exposed and one got stuck
what brand grips did you use with them?

artoftatt2
01-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Fk rpg

Tattoo junk
01-03-2015, 08:34 PM
@Tatu richie what machines did you use and what grip?

Have you expirienced any of these issues?

cagelavey
01-04-2015, 01:12 AM
I know the carts would function the same, reds just my favorite color, lol. I definitely want to try them, but i'd have to see if someone else has the same experience as the mate above, before I grab some I think. hope the tops coming off is just a fluke. im sure that kingpin would replace the carts for you. always been good to me in that way. goo luck with the rest. :-/

Tattoo junk
01-04-2015, 06:47 AM
I know the carts would function the same, reds just my favorite color, lol. I definitely want to try them, but i'd have to see if someone else has the same experience as the mate above, before I grab some I think. hope the tops coming off is just a fluke. im sure that kingpin would replace the carts for you. always been good to me in that way. goo luck with the rest. :-/

I was just joking bro :o

Beside that diffrent colors for diffrent groupings makes it easyer to find them ;)

Cheyenne has the top cap collored...it helps ;)

jsuchoza
01-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Are these #12or bug pin?

tatu richie
01-04-2015, 01:46 PM
@Tatu richie what machines did you use and what grip?

Have you expirienced any of these issues?
ive used them with the kingpin dd and the thunder and my flite

tat2edsoda2000
01-05-2015, 09:44 PM
so if we call them up at king pin they will sell them to me? or do i have to wait to try?

billannand
01-06-2015, 09:47 AM
I have called them and they said they will sell them. I placed an order but I will be picking them up when I go to the states in February. I can't wait to try these.

chris-in-cali
01-06-2015, 08:25 PM
wait...the sell them if you call, but wont put them on their website?

is that because they sell cheyenne carts?

billannand
01-06-2015, 11:21 PM
I think they are to new and just haven't updated the site.

bretttattoos
01-07-2015, 09:43 AM
I ran a 5rl and 9 curved mag slot locks yesterday to do a small tattoo with my vivace and kingpin disposable grip. Ran great. They have very little tension compared to Cheyenne carts so I'm hoping they won't kill my stylus. My only beef so far is that the liner needles run in the center of the diamond tip, I'm used to having a conventional needle bent back to ride against the back corner of the diamond tip if that makes sense. I didn't have any ink splatter or wobble or anything so i guess that's just a personal preference thing .

Heath
01-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I'll be using some today as well a Flite V2.

jsuchoza
01-07-2015, 02:42 PM
How do you actually get these, we were told they will only sell them if Cheyenne cartridges were sold out....

tatu richie
01-07-2015, 04:02 PM
i hope this will upload, but theis is a video of Cesar morales tattooing with the slot lock carts as well using the kingpin direct drive, this was about 3 months ago
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205649553656753&l=3283701713395281102

tatu richie
01-07-2015, 04:03 PM
i hope this will upload, but theis is a video of Cesar morales tattooing with the slot lock carts as well using the kingpin direct drive, this was about 3 months ago
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205649553656753" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205649553656753">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ElectricBodyArt">Tatu Richie</a>.</div></div>

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205649553656753&l=3283701713395281102

cagelavey
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
jsuchoza these carts have nothing to do with Cheyenne, the carts you are talking about are actually made by Cheyenne. these carts are from kingpin, I believe you just call kingpin to make an order, to the best of my recollection.

jsuchoza
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Cagelavey... Yeah we called kingpin yesterday to inquire about these, the rep at kingpin told us that they would only sell these if the grouping we wanted was sold out in Cheyenne carts.

rayofthedead
01-08-2015, 03:28 PM
I told the rep at Kingpin that I read about them online and she told me they were allowed to sell 2 boxes of each group and that they had limited groups right now. I ordered 1 box of 9CM, 15CM, 5RL, and 7RL. They didnt give me a run around or anything. She told me to call back and give them feedback once we tried them out.

poleson
01-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Cagelavey... Yeah we called kingpin yesterday to inquire about these, the rep at kingpin told us that they would only sell these if the grouping we wanted was sold out in Cheyenne carts.
We called earlier this week and were told the same. They could only sell them if they were out of Cheyenne's.

So if ttechs are roughly $1/ea., slot locks are $1.50, and Cheyenne's are $3.... I have no reason to switch off of ttechs.

Plus ttechs have blazing fast processing and shipping. Got an order today 24 hrs after web purchasing!

jsuchoza
01-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Our manager called back today and said I read about them on the forum, and we were able to purchase.

jsuchoza
01-09-2015, 01:17 AM
If it is a better than ttech I have no problem paying more for a better product.

artoftatt2
01-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Deff not better I've had more failed slot locks than I've ever had t techs

slicksteel
01-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Deff not better I've had more failed slot locks than I've ever had t techs

hey art you got some of the phucstyx ones yet and tried them?

artoftatt2
01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Yea they are terrible

Mog
01-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Certainly makes you appreciate what goes into making ttech/ hawk when all these new ones seem so crap!

cagelavey
01-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Please tell me he's just got a bad box! I was so looking forward to these, hope the kinks are worked out, maybe call them and key them know, maybe the will listen if someone shared their experience with them being faulty they might change some shit up?

cagelavey
01-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Cool, good to know all that. That's weird. But I got to try some, time to make am order

bretttattoos
01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I've been using them all week and loving them. I did have an issue lining with a 5rl and my stylus on some riblets. But honestly, stylus's aren't the most powerful machines so I'm going to say that was a poor choice by me to try and line on ribs with it. On the same tattoo my stylus packed black and shaded smooth and easily . I had a really good run today with my stylus S and a 15cm doing some filler work on a blackn grey sleeve. I think maybe you got a bad box Randy? Or maybe I got lucky ?

artoftatt2
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I've talked to kingpin and their are some changes that will be made to help better the carts

stevencash1
01-11-2015, 11:59 PM
All the needles that everyone is selling are the exact same knock offs that have been on eBay for the past couple years no one except for kingpin has actually came out with a new design or designed there own

B.C. Smith
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM
I haven't had the chance to try the Slot-Lock, but I've used a lot of Cheyennes and have spent a couple thousand on T-Techs in the last few years. I've never had any issues with T-Tech. I will say from the photos on his Instagram, the Phuchstyx needles are very different in look/design than T-Tech. They have a more angular shape to their liners, and their mags have a little bridge of plastic holding the mag in place.

eric03
01-15-2015, 10:09 PM
got to see the slot locks in person today at kingpin. they look really nice. they said they are still in their soft release phase to work out n e potential kinks that may come up. they said there is a gromit inside,not a diaphragm like with the cheyennes. there have been some constructive critiques by tattooers using them they said n r taking all their concerns/advice n will b applying them to make a better product. thats y u gotta love kingpin.they are around $30 for 20. i wanted to get a box but until rick tries them out over at stylus n gives his opinion n endorses them, i don't wanna chance blowing out my stylus. as much as i have used ttechs n have not had n e issues with them, i hope word comes out soon that the stylus is compatible bc i will b buying them for sure.

chris-in-cali
01-16-2015, 12:20 AM
until gaston starts making carts...ill stick with t-tech...lol

rayofthedead
01-17-2015, 10:03 AM
I like the quality of the cartridge and the needles but they do not fit well in FKI RPG grips. Ive pulled a few of them apart trying to get them out. No complaints in the Hawk Grip.

tatu richie
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
got to see the slot locks in person today at kingpin. they look really nice. they said they are still in their soft release phase to work out n e potential kinks that may come up. they said there is a gromit inside,not a diaphragm like with the cheyennes. there have been some constructive critiques by tattooers using them they said n r taking all their concerns/advice n will b applying them to make a better product. thats y u gotta love kingpin.they are around $30 for 20. i wanted to get a box but until rick tries them out over at stylus n gives his opinion n endorses them, i don't wanna chance blowing out my stylus. as much as i have used ttechs n have not had n e issues with them, i hope word comes out soon that the stylus is compatible bc i will b buying them for sure.

the slot locc has less tension then the t techs so ur safe

bretttattoos
01-17-2015, 08:50 PM
I was thinking they had less tension than ttech also but I don't have a way to measure it or anything . So far so good on my stylus's . I did pull one slot lock apart trying to remove it but I had a lot of tape and plastic around my grip from bagging it and I think it was because of that. I was finished with the tattoo when it happened though thankfully

eric03
01-18-2015, 02:35 AM
thanks for the info richie;)

cagelavey
01-18-2015, 10:16 PM
bretttattoos, you could maybe use a spring tension guage to see the differences in tension from cart to cart? js

bretttattoos
01-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Probably could. I think boss man has a spring tension gauge from Danny fowler laying around.. But just from running them with the stylus I usually would run around 12.3 volts to line with a ttech 5 or 7rl, with the slot lock I lined around 11.5 or so and i was able to move faster so just from that info I gathered that either they had less tension than ttech and allowed the machine to run more freely or that they had a little more tension and caused a faster "kick up" thus speeding the machine up a bit. But since the machine felt just as powerful and ran nice and cool without a hiccup I'm going to agree with Richie and say they have less spring tension.

Heath
01-20-2015, 10:37 PM
They leak just as bad as T-Techs. The grommet is a joke. However the sidewalls of the mags are not nearly as annoying as T-Tech. There are pros and cons to them all.

chris-in-cali
01-21-2015, 10:48 AM
They leak just as bad as T-Techs. The grommet is a joke. However the sidewalls of the mags are not nearly as annoying as T-Tech. There are pros and cons to them all.

You get leaky t-techs?
By leaky, you mean you get ink in your grip or on the drive bar?
just curious bro.

fkirons
01-21-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm my case, I never got any cartridge to leak. Leaking was never an issue with conventional needles and tubes neither. I am wondering if perhaps the positioning of the machine while tattooing is the issue. Gravity law will apply for tattooing as well :)

chris-in-cali
01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm my case, I never got any cartridge to leak. Leaking was never an issue with conventional needles and tubes neither. I am wondering if perhaps the positioning of the machine while tattooing is the issue. Gravity law will apply for tattooing as well :)

was wondering the same thing.....i have been thru 500 t-techs, easy, never had one leak.
I do wrap mine in plastic tho, but it does have the small hole for the pin

nathanhamilton89
02-19-2015, 06:35 PM
When will these be available online can't see em on kingpin yet

tatu richie
02-19-2015, 07:25 PM
When will these be available online can't see em on kingpin yet
u have to call and place the order

fkirons
02-19-2015, 07:34 PM
u have to call and place the order

Is this the only item on their online store you have to call to order? And if so why.? I couldn't find them myself on the site, no wonder why. Duh! :p

billannand
02-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Saw these at the best in the Midwest show in Iowa. I didn't bring my flite with me so I didn't pick any up but I talked to a few guys that did and said they are awesome.

inkinwi
02-20-2015, 07:57 PM
I snip the end off a condom, insert the resivour tip into the tube.. pop my cart in and bag and tape it for my stylus. Yes. I am serious.

chrishess
02-21-2015, 01:05 AM
bought some at best in the midwest. 11rcm are great! thinner walls than t tech. more like cheyenne. seems more precise. but out of 20, have already had 3 bad ones. barbed needles and bad construction. i think they will be great once they nail it. however prices are higher than t tech and kingpin shipping sucks. t tech are here within 2 days every time. basically if you like kingpin tubes youll like them. not a game changer yet. im still sticking with t tech. also btw got some 9rl diamond tubes and they are total crap. my opinion

bretttattoos
02-21-2015, 10:54 PM
^ really? Cause we get kingpin orders in 2-3 days every time. Ttech is 2-3 days as well except that one time I got an order next day and almost shit. Which is rediculos because they are in canada but still either place has awesome shipping for us. Ttech just gives me 2 day even if I check the basic shipping option . I really like the slot locks especially with my stylus machines and I haven't had a bad one yet , but my shops owner has had a few freeze up. Like the spring breaks or something and the needle gets stuck and won't move. Maybe their quality control isn't dialed in yet but everything I get from kingpin is awesome so I'm sure it's just a matter of time

acink
02-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Been on the site cant see them for sale just after getting a stylus and cant get certs at the moment been on EZ and noting comes up when you hit the product to buy need to get me hands on some of these

cagelavey
02-23-2015, 12:02 AM
its just a soft release, to get feed back from customers. said lots to still be done based on feedback, that's why you have to order by phone at this time gaston, that's what they told me when I made an ink order recently. also, getting my edge in the mail tomorrow , thanks a bunch

fkirons
02-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Cool I'll call in and order some to try out.

ValentineMonsta
03-02-2015, 07:49 PM
So I ordered some. I love them but like most things I love there is something wrong with it. I use the stylus. If you have used it before you know that sometimes you have to kick start the needles and well have to fight with lines at times. Not with the slot lock. Starts right up no issues. Lines great (I have always been a fan of the super liners.) all awesome BUT they get stuck in the tube. Like have to fight to get them out stuck. You can't grab the tops to pull because they pop right off. Other than that I love them. Thats my 2 cents.

bretttattoos
03-02-2015, 08:34 PM
^ I've had a few that were tight in stylus grips also. I wrap a paper towel around the cart when I want to remove it so I can grip the blue part better . Come right out every time

asA
03-02-2015, 10:34 PM
These are kinda bad imo. Most the groupings are just floating in the tip in random places. You have to take them apart and bend the needles to ride the bottom of the tube..... granted once they are sorted out and running on the bottom of the tip they do pretty well. Just kinda annoying beings they are more expensive thAn ttech.

HEX_TATTOOS
03-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Been on the site cant see them for sale just after getting a stylus and cant get certs at the moment been on EZ and noting comes up when you hit the product to buy need to get me hands on some of these
Have you tried ordering from TTECH at all? And friction tattoo supply sells the EZ carts. They are a sort of clear plastic instead of white but they are EZ carts and no matter what size you order they are $20 and one good thing about Friction is that it's free shipping no matter how large or small your order is. But TTECH is definitely worth the slightly higher price tag per box and shipping, and I always get my order within 2 days from them.

Dennis
03-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Guys, like to buy it?