PDA

View Full Version : Kubin replacement motor.

jtattooer
01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I know the kubin mini crankers have mubachi 130 series motors in them. But does anyone know which model.
Fh, fa, etc.....
Just kinda curious. I know Dan sells a replacement for $30. But I wanted to buy a couple for my own experimentation.

Any help or suggestions would be cool.

Sent from Uranus

nivek
01-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Dan is a great guy, just contact him and tell him you want to buy a couple.

I have have an unsed motor - ill check the model and get back to you. it is %100 unused

jtattooer
01-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm more curious on what model it is. Only bc most of the mubachi 130 series motors I've found are considerably less than $30.
I think special technique also used a similar motor.
I would like to make a few direct drives for myself.

Sent from Uranus

brandonmull
01-10-2015, 12:51 PM
I love dans machines, but it does seem that the motors used have a fairly short life if you use them for every tattoo, like i have since march of last year.

jtattooer
01-10-2015, 02:11 PM
I've used mine quite a bit and they're still going strong. But I could see your point.
I just like kubins a lot. My direct drive from him is a nice machine.

Sent from Uranus

nivek
01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
I have 9 kubins everything from the mc13s to the sidewinders, have been using them daily - have yet to have a motor go on me

jtattooer
01-10-2015, 10:16 PM
I've got 3 mc2, 1 mc14, a direct drive, and a sidewinder.
I really like how his machines run. I have had a few of his older ones as well.
If I ever do have to replace a motor. Good thing it's only $30. And the customer service is great as well.

Sent from Uranus

nivek
01-10-2015, 11:19 PM
yeah i called him and we aged my sidewinders and he sent me new springs and an extra set up for all of them at a VERY reasonable price. If every other builder took lessons from him, swash and FK there would many more happy tattooers. I know it's not always easy to stay on top of everything but doing it solo Dan manages it.

No Iron Machines
01-15-2015, 04:41 AM
the DAN KUBIN machine are with this motor MABUCHI FF-130SH-14230, is a very simple motor, u can find on internet for couple of dollar, is a very lover powerfull motor, less than 1 watt, i still don't understand how can have power, but DAN machines are awesome, i very like, sothe motor must work good

i have the first model of WORKHORSE ROTARY, have a very small mabuchi motor and work fine actually, i like MABCHI motor so much.....

brandonmull
01-15-2015, 10:03 AM
i talked with dan also anmd he thinks it isn't a motor issue, but rather a bearing issue.

jtattooer
01-18-2015, 12:08 AM
the DAN KUBIN machine are with this motor MABUCHI FF-130SH-14230, is a very simple motor, u can find on internet for couple of dollar, is a very lover powerfull motor, less than 1 watt, i still don't understand how can have power, but DAN machines are awesome, i very like, sothe motor must work good

i have the first model of WORKHORSE ROTARY, have a very small mabuchi motor and work fine actually, i like MABCHI motor so much.....

Thank you

Sent from Uranus

jtattooer
01-18-2015, 12:24 AM
i talked with dan also anmd he thinks it isn't a motor issue, but rather a bearing issue.

Which model do/did you have? The older models without the bearings on the back of the a-bar I feel they got tired easy. But the newer models I feel pretty confident in. A lot of people want to oil them. When he doesn't recommend it.
I had a mc-max with the swiss and did not like it. I like the mc-2 so much more.

Sent from Uranus

brandonmull
01-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Mc max

jtattooer
01-18-2015, 10:55 PM
I couldn't vibe with mine.

Sent from Uranus