PDA

View Full Version : I want a pen style rotary! Any suggestions and facts.

Renetat2
01-31-2015, 02:47 AM
I heard great things about the stylus. The new cheyenne pen is extreme on price. Ned's gets mixed reviews. But please let me hear what the overall ideas are. By the way the stylus is coming with a new motor?

Ofeloner
01-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Go with the stylus H..and yes, they are coming out with a new motor, its gonna be stronger, I've heard its better for lining, but the way it is now is great for everythin..

Patrick
01-31-2015, 10:37 AM
I agree. The Stylus H can do just about everything.

Renetat2
02-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Is Rick Serna, the maker of the Stylus, on this forum? And if you are, any new updates of when your machine will be available to purchase?

Patrick
02-01-2015, 11:00 PM
I believe he is on the forum. But you'd be better off emailing him directly from his website.

OwlsDen
02-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Allegedly in some months the Xion from FK Irons will be out. It looks pretty interesting.

Renetat2
02-03-2015, 01:13 AM
i asked about the Xion and i never got a set date. i saw how it looks and i am looking forward to it!

Zbel
02-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Xion looks promising - heard it should be put out on the market mid 2015...

bretttattoos
02-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I love my stylus machines. Only thing is that they will not line on ribs or back fat lol. I usually line with a dn kubin and do everything else with a stylus. Hopefully the new stylus will be the ticket for me. I have a nedz mr03 and I like it but I can't find a comfy voltage with it. Ed sent me a few different sized cams and all but I haven't found that sweet spot with it. The pen looks dope but I'm unsure how it will line if it's a 3.5 stroke length. Supposedly the spirit is a 3mm and the stylus s is 3 mm but my stylus a has a lot more throw than my spirit so I feel like someone's measurements off haha. I can line with either stylus but can't at all with the spirit

asA
02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Some Stylus are 4.2mm stroke And some are 4mm He has had a few different cams in his machines.

bretttattoos
02-03-2015, 08:40 PM
That's interesting^ I forget who told me the S was 3mm and the H 4mm

asA
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
My h is 4.2 and my s is 4.0. Like I said though he has a few variations of cams floating around. Yours could totally be different.

Heath
02-04-2015, 09:06 AM
So when bio filth gets up inside the motor on a tattoo because you use t-techs and it does happen, do you just give free Hep C to the next client? Conceptually they're a cool concept...and that's where it ends for me.

Patrick
02-04-2015, 09:28 AM
So when bio filth gets up inside the motor on a tattoo because you use t-techs and it does happen, do you just give free Hep C to the next client? Conceptually they're a cool concept...and that's where it ends for me.

Personally, I've never had that happen (and I check the drive bar and interior of the machine after every tattoo). But, with the Stylus, you can unscrew the motor plate from the housing and wipe down the interior with cavi or bleach wipes. I know it's an argument that can go in circles for perpetuity. But please don't assume that all of us who use these machines are callous assholes who put our clients in harms way.

tattooange
02-04-2015, 11:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8To7tD2TPo

Shawn
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Never had a ttech leak once. Been using them for 3 years. It's all in how you rinse out.

bretttattoos
02-06-2015, 11:30 AM
I've never had a leaky ttech either, but I'm slowly switching to slot locks which have a seal. Like was said above, the stylus and nedz mr03 can be easily taken apart and cleaned: hell you can even autoclave the body once the motors out, and on the nedz , you can pull out the drive bar super easy and either replace it or soak it. I always wipe down my drive bars with barbicide wipes , but I've never seen ink on them ever. If I ever were to I'd take the machine apart and clean/clave everything except the motor .

S_Trofatter
02-14-2015, 10:22 AM

I can appreciate the mentality that leads to this line of thinking. It's good that people care enough to ponder on these issues. The thing I don't like about it, is the attitude in which its delivered, because if you actually looked at the data you would know that micro spray from the tattoo machine is spreading biohazard like a small storm all around you and the workstation. A few feet circle with the machine in the middle. So knowing that, effectively cleaning one of these would be many times easier than wiping down a coIL machine.

S_Trofatter
02-14-2015, 10:29 AM
And rule number one on how to think about bio hazard is that when something is contaminated everything it touches is contaminated, so if you bag your machine. The ink caps are contaminated, and spray is flying off the needle tip, up the tube, out the top of the tube tip causing every tool used on that tattoo dirty. My boss has a great study showing how biohazard from a procedure can travel to every corner of a facility in such a short time it's just mind blowing. I'll try to find it and post it.