PDA

View Full Version : what would your dream rotary have and why?

slicksteel
06-06-2011, 12:53 AM
topic starter: what do love and hate about rotary machines and why?

hendricksonart.com
06-06-2011, 01:33 AM
A bishop with a softer spring and longer stroke and no needle clip

Davidbautista90
06-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Adjustable stroke, adjustable give, well balanced, lightweight, Lost lasting motor, quiet, linear cam, easy to clean, different color options, customizable, needle clip or bar, clipcord and rca connections.

slicksteel
06-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I would like a rotary were when you change the give the stoke length does not change.
A Rapier2 with removable plug in motors of different torque, speed & voltage range .
I would also like to one were the motor is not mounted in a frame but the motor ouside can is part of the frame itshelf, ie would have a back end much like a r/c motor where you could replace brushes etc with rca machineed to the frame/ can on top-facing back or molded to the back removable houseing if clipcord.
What i do like about rotarys are the light weight, clean looking, noise level and less skin tramua.

tattooedpirate2
06-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I have 2 different motors with different torques and speeds. One is fast [2mNm]like a coil liner and one is slow with lots of torque [twice the torque of the liner 4mNm ]like a slow color packing coil machine. Muliple strokes can be had its just a question of cost. The more you add to a machine the more it costs to manufacture. I can built an adjustable stroke machine from 1mm to 4.5mm if you want to pay the extra for the machined small parts. Its all a question of how fast you want to go, speed is a question of money.

slicksteel
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
hey cary on the rapier1 do they have the faster or more torque motors? also do you have any real pics of the new treasure chest to post? I am still debating on it or a another modded rapier like the last one you made me as i realy like the rapier2 chuck it was way ahead of the others out there.

Administrator
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ZLt5brXLF3KC4sJBND3Xs5b9qnoQb xaXuEIxzhsgRDFhjsAHSA&t=1

slicksteel
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
lol aww man and i started the topic! ,lol

Administrator
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I am going to copy these to another thread so Cary has a little more visibility. (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1329-Tattooed-Pirate-Wish-List)