PDA

View Full Version : comparison of edge and sidecranker

brandonmull
02-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Have any of you used both of these machines with ttech cartridges? and what is your opinion on the better of the two? I have a sidecranker and i love the way it runs standard needles and tubes. i wasn't as thrilled with the cartridges. it didn't push them as easy as i expected. I am considering getting an edge for that purpose.

bretttattoos
02-12-2015, 08:43 PM
I don't think you're supposed to use carts with the sidewinder/cranker machines

brandonmull
02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
the new sidecranker machine is said on dans website to be his cartridge machine.

Heath
02-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I have the Edge and can say after using the Flite V2.1, the Thunder, the Spirit and possibly every American rotary that exists...the Edge X is hands down amazing and like no other for a cart machine. And balance is amazing on them as well. I used a Sidewinder and the balance on a long session threw me off too much.

brandonmull
02-13-2015, 08:01 AM
thanks heath! thats what i am trying to figure out what to do! i love my cabins to death, they are solid and so smooth yet when i try to run my cartridges, they seem to be lacking for that.

ATS
02-13-2015, 10:51 AM
I ran carts with my Kubin DD, and it did the job well, but when I tried an MC2 it just didn't like them.. I thought the Sidecranker was going to be the one, but if as you say they struggle too, then I won't be looking at getting one..
All I use now is FK Irons.. Direkt, Halo, Exactor.. The Edge X is probably gonna be my next buy..

brandonmull
02-13-2015, 12:08 PM
it runs smooth, then out of nowhere bogs like the motor struggles.

brandonmull
02-13-2015, 02:46 PM
I did switch the stroke setting and it seems to run a lot better now!