PDA

View Full Version : What would you like in a Rotary Tattoo Machine

tattooedpirate2
10-24-2010, 09:17 AM
www.tattooedpirate.com (http://www.tattooedpirate.com) is taking requests for the new model machine we are designing right now. Any input will be taken into consideration. The best ideas could net you a free tattoo machine. We are looking for function and performance in general not design. we have one of the best engineers in the world. Email us at [email protected] and post on the forum your thoughts we will save all the emails and have a raffle at the first of the year for a free machine.

Alie K
10-28-2010, 01:11 PM
At the moment, the Blunderbuss has been pretty easy to line with (as far as rotaries go) - maybe it's the combination of speed and long throw? So far after using it for some small pieces, my one wish was that it was not as long of a machine. The overall length of it makes it a little difficult to get into some of those awkward places. Also, on the [lexan?] part where the needle eye attaches - if that were smooth instead of textured, it might make it a little easier to appreciate the 'give' as the clip washer wouldn't get so hung up on the grooves. The fact that the motor can be replaced (though I'm not too sure how everything comes apart) with a model from RadioShak is nice, as long as you know how to solder.

phatmountain
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Two words.
CENTRALIZED MASS!!! All components should be above the needle instead of behind it.

Administrator
10-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Two words.
CENTRALIZED MASS!!! All components should be above the needle instead of behind it.

Not a fan of the old Direct Drive Rotary machines?

The Limey
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Two words.

I'll pass on that one, I like the weight low down and on the back of my hand.

tattooedpirate2
10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I have two different slides one is hard hitting [which is in the one I sent you and the teflon impregnated delrin version that is much smoother]. The Blunderbuss is my cheapest machine so it doesn't have the higher grade parts that the Rapier's have. That just lets you know with a little more cash you get top of the line equipment that we make. I built the Blunderbuss for the starting artist who could'nt afford the cost of the Rapiers. If you turn the power down as the machine breaks in the give will work smoother. Wait till you see the new model we are working on right now. ]The Treasure Chest]

Alie K
11-18-2010, 01:27 AM
MACHINES WITH RCA JACKS PLEEZ!

polynesianworks
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
all 3 in 1 please! air, rotary, and coil please! a rca plug with air in one please

tattoo4satan
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
not sure if with your machines you need to bend the needle bar to get it to ride in the tube right, but if you do, change it so you dont have to.

slicksteel
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I actually think the rapier2 is a great machine as is! But it would be cool if it was sold in with 3 diff. gives-soft, medium or hard sometimes when you have to much junk to adjust it just becomes a headache i think.

Administrator
12-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Take note Cary! you may sell more machines if people like to buy them all as individuals?

Alie K
12-12-2010, 01:12 AM
all 3 in 1 please! air, rotary, and coil please! a rca plug with air in one please

HAHAHA! Oh, maybe with a small digital camera and a usb jack so you can upload pics of your tattoos you just did right away.... :P

slicksteel
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
652I like all the great ideas that are coming out it keeps it keeps tattooing fresh and new techniques instead of the same ole BS

Administrator
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Ha, I remember seeing that, I think Bill Baker did the artwork on that little cartoon.

tattooedpirate2
12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
I use my machines daily and I just make sure the needle and bar are straight and go to work. I call my clients who use my machines from time to time and ask them how their machines are working. None of them has ever said they had to bend the bars. As far as the gives we tried to give a middle of the road give so you can just turn the power up or down a volt to give a harder or softer hit. I do have stiffer springs for a super hard hit if that's what an artist wants. I also can have springs made to the artist's liking. All it would take is buying a couple different slides and swap them out.

sneekers
12-14-2010, 04:49 AM
the most important thing i look into is,is the motor,quality and longevity,and i love the fact that you could remove and replace the motor with the least effot,have you seen the new maxon motors? (real short)just a thought.by the way seems to me the fly and dragonfly are all basically the same?