PDA

View Full Version : edge x vs centri cobra

inkinwi
03-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Could someone who owns both compare the two. I'm looking at picking up both but would prefer to grab the one with the more coil like operation first

inkinwi
03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Side note not that it should matter much but I use mainly carts now days

asA
03-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Centri is defiantly closer to a coil like feel, it pushes carts just fine.

jasonadelinia
03-02-2015, 05:41 AM
Agree with above

OwlsDen
03-02-2015, 10:11 AM
The only point I would like to make ( I have only used the first Centri so this may not be true anymore ) is that although my experience with the Centri is good, it was my experience that it wasn't very fast and although it packed color great it was a bit slow. I also don't have the Edge but I do have the Direkt and will say that with carts I feel it runs as fast as I could ever want it to. So if you work fast that could be a factor.

asA
03-02-2015, 10:24 AM
But neither the direkt or the edge hit anything like a coil. ^^^^

OwlsDen
03-02-2015, 10:28 AM
But neither the direkt or the edge hit anything like a coil. ^^^^

I assume that is correct. And the Centri definitely does. Albeit at the cost of speed.

asA
03-02-2015, 10:50 AM
If you work off the tips, the cobra blasts color in. If you bogg it down and bury it in the skin it gets a little slow and super blendY. It takes a few tattoos to get the hang of it. The cobra tattoos a lot more refined than the og centri.... it's similar but a whole different animal.

inkinwi
03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm still on the fence which to grab up first. Probably going to come down to a coin toss. I tattoo pretty fast with my stylus but I definitely tattoo much faster with coils when I use them. I own an og centri and loved it until it broke. I keep putting sending it to mike off because he was going to replace the motor for me when I picked up my new centri.