PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne cartridge question

ElTejano
03-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Hello, I am in need of some help. Does anyone know what is the longest stroke length the cheyenne cartridges can handle? Thank you much in advance.

OwlsDen
03-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't go over 5mm, however I imagine that you could go as long as the needle bar sticks out of the cartridge. You could push it in and see if it hits the front of the cartridge at any point. Or if it hits anything else and measure that and that would be how far it can go.

asA
03-04-2015, 06:20 PM
My lod would explode Cheyenne carts at around 5.5MM To 6MM stroke..

ElTejano
03-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Thank you very much, this has been very helpful. People actually run 6mm strokes often?

asA
03-04-2015, 09:34 PM
The lod runs like 2mm stroke inside the machine to get a 4mm stroke approximately. So to get the needles to come out 4 mm the needles is traveling 6mm of full stroke. I'd never tattoo with a full 6mm of stroke in really any other situation.

darkness
03-06-2015, 03:49 AM
I have use the compact with Cheyenne and with 5mm and more i get a lot popping out or explodet carts. With ttech no issue but with my last Cheyenne boxes i notice i have more Bad needles as before. The gurios is the 20box from Cheyenne that sells cheaper have better quality as the black one. Ez is getting better in quality and now very similar to ttech .

fkirons
03-06-2015, 11:09 AM
I have use the compact with Cheyenne and with 5mm and more i get a lot popping out or explodet carts. With ttech no issue but with my last Cheyenne boxes i notice i have more Bad needles as before. The gurios is the 20box from Cheyenne that sells cheaper have better quality as the black one. Ez is getting better in quality and now very similar to ttech .

The further the needles comes out, either mechanically pushed by the length of the stroke or by manually recessing the tube, the more tension you'll create therefore stretching the inner spring of the cartridge.

Also the further the needle comes out the more needle play you'll start to notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk