andrewc
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
anyone hear of Centri?
http://www.centritattoo.com/
just seen this on ebay and had to share on here lol
looks pretty cool though

Administrator
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM
They signed up for the forum today, I am sure we will hear from them soon.

Cyberitual
06-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your forum. Thanks Andrewc for informing my wife about this site. I have yet to join any machine forums soly to keep my mouth shut and not excite you guys about my rotary ive been keeping top secret till its birth.

If you anyone has any questions that i can answer feel free to ask. Im sure if you go the Centri's web site and take a look around you will think ya right this is just a bunch of solidworks imaging and bogus talk. Well i can tell you now, this is no joke. There are 10 in existance and are being used by our southern california's top artist, " i cant name any names yet" unfortunalty untill i have there video testimonials on my website. I will be at Ink&Iron Sat June 11th, If your there and wish to check it out, look for someone with a Centri Shirt on. I wont have a booth or be working a booth, im basically taking the Centri to every booth and video recording there expressions when they feel this Rotary in action. I should have the videos up by the end of the month. I will answer your questions as soon as possible, thanks again. Love this forum by the way!!!

peter clements
06-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Very interesting-welcome anyway.

Zapp
06-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Pretty interesting !
What is the weight of the machine and is it possibele to order it in different colours ?

chris-in-cali
06-08-2011, 11:21 AM
the ink and iron convention is gonna be the shit.
I'll be looking for ya

slicksteel
06-08-2011, 12:09 PM
If you anyone has any questions that i can answer feel free to ask. Im sure if you go the Centri's web site and take a look around you will think ya right this is just a bunch of solidworks imaging and bogus talk.
Welcome!
Here we go cyberritual so it can be in one spot!,
1:What type/grade of plastic is the shell/frame made of and weight of machine with and with out led?
2:Will you be able to wipe down with alcohol etc. with out it cracking?
3:Also will you also make be makeing them out of highgrade aluminum to?
4:Will other colors be offered?
5:Will the led light attach on the top port area and if so do you have any renderings?
6:What is the voltage range (max and ideal working volts) and speed/torque power curve compared to other high end rotarys ie swash,dragonfly,stigma etc.?
7:What type of customer service system do/will you have in place to address machine breakdown issues and parts replacement?
8:What is the average life/warranty of the interal parts as the motor has a life time warrenty?
9: Do you use the machine and is there any examples of work done with it?
10:what is the max stitches per second?
11:what is the stroke length and maxx suspension of the stroke(give)?
Please answer these questions complete & in order.It will save you alot of time in the future and will help to promote your product,thanks for your time!

Cyberitual
06-08-2011, 03:34 PM
1. The housing is made from Polyurethane composite. It weighs approximately 4 oz without the LED attachment. I would add about a .5 oz with the retractable LED. The light has not been manufactured yet.
2. You can clean it with alcohol or madacide, avoid the autoclave lol.
3. If the Centri does well on the market, of course there will be the aluminum model, also a anniversary Titanium version.
4. The first few batches Im making will be black, once the centri receives a large following it will be available in multiple colors. Unfortunately I’m not rich and cannot provide all those options yet.
5. The LED light is RETRACTABLE, it folds forward when in use or fold it back if you so choose not to use it. It turns on automatically when the light is retracted. I will post image on my site of the Centri’s first concept design that can give you a idea of how it works, Note this is a old version of the machine so you will have to imagine it on the new housing. Also im going to hide this image on my site so that only you guys can see it. Go to my site and after the address put /oldversion.jpg
6. I run mine between 4-5 volts, 4 for lining then raise it for packing or shading, I commonly use 13 mags at that speed, I had to turn it up to 5.5 for a 32 mag. This machine has not been compared to any other rotary cause of the centrifugal power system it uses just can’t be compared to a rotary, I would love to hear people’s opinions on how it compares to they’re coils because the full give the Centri provides.
7. If there is a issue or you need to contact us for support, you just email us with a description of the support you need and we will contact you back within 24 hours.
8. The internal motor has a life time warranty, if the motor stops working and needs to be replaced, at this time I would have to have you send me the machine and we will replace the motor. NOTE: The machine has a security seal between the two bodies that create the housing. Once the seal has been broken the warranty would no longer be valid. Each machine will come with documentation explaining the do’s and don’ts along with warranty information.
9. Ive been using the machine for about 3 months now, it works amazing but that something you have to see to believe it. I will post a pic of a tattoo I did last night under this post if im able to.
10. As for max stitches, Im actually afraid to find out lol. In the documentation it will state do not raise your voltage past 8-9 on your machine will pretty much self destruct internally. It has safety documentation like “WARNING- lower your power supply to 0 and slowly raise it to your own desire when using the machine for the first time ”.
11. You can achieve any stoke length you desire within a half inch, The give is completely 100 percent. You can grab and stop the needle bar as the machine still runs with no damage to the motor. You could tattoo a brick and run your tube on it and still not damage this machine. Just like a coil… I cant really explain this, im trying the best I can. I will get some close video of the needle bar in action. There is nothing like this so I cant compare it. This machine utilizes a rotary motor but you really cant classify it as a rotary. The machine got its name from the centrifugal system I invited which is no were near the way ANY rotary on the market operates. It deserved a patient! Ok I hope this helps everyone that is interested. Talk to you guys soon I have to go hurt some people.

Cyberitual
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Oops i just read that and realized i put 4oz as the weight and i ment to hit the 3 button lol. Here is a pic of a tattoo i started last night.
takin with my iphone not the best pic.

Zapp
06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Sounds all pretty good and you are a very good tattooer aswell ! I dont like pre-orders ! What do you think,when you have the machines in stock ?

Cyberitual
06-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey thanks! Ya i know the pre-order request right now sucks for both you and me. Unfortunaly the rule "it takes money to make money" applies heavily in my situation. This is a entirely new system to apply a tattoo. That there alone sounds risky as hell! But i am confident in my system, i just need the artist in our industry to except and request this system before i can resume mass production. Im just an artist, i make a decent living but mass production is way out of my reach right now. I have a winning lotto ticket but have no way to cash it in at the moment. I appreciate all your guys's interrest and hope we can do business soon.

peter clements
06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Good luck with the machine, you'll recieve plenty of help and encouragement from the good people on this forum. By the way, I liked that picture you've posted, that's a lovely tattoo ,you have real ability.

Mr.Taboo
06-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Very nice tattoo work , and the machine sounds interesting.
I was wondering what kind of chuck set up you're using , and I think the led may be a issue if you wanted to use it while the machine is bagged.

slicksteel
06-09-2011, 01:55 AM
thanks for takeing the time to answer the questions cyber,sounds like a cool machine.

eric03
06-09-2011, 03:57 AM
between your work and the overall look of the machine, not to mention how the price is not as bad as some of these other machines popping up, i think you will do very well once the funds are there. im sure most of us feel your pain financially bc as much as you need the money to make them, myself and im sure others, need the money to buy them. so heres hoping ppl start wanting some work asap so we all can benefit. good luck to you with it. the machine looks great.

Cyberitual
06-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys, Its a exciting time right now. I dont know if i will get into trouble for posting 8 pics but i figured i would keep it in the same thread. Enjoy!

Zapp
06-09-2011, 08:39 PM
On the pic the machine looks pretty big ! But i thing when you are ready for sale(in the near future)i want to try it out !

hendricksonart.com
06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
haha im local let me test drive one and ill spread the word, plus i know half the guys are your shop!!

Administrator
06-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys, Its a exciting time right now. I dont know if i will get into trouble for posting 8 pics but i figured i would keep it in the same thread. Enjoy!

Post as many photos as you need. You also have a gallery you can fill with images.

Cyberitual
06-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Yea the machine looks kinda big to your other rotary machines, but when it has a grip and tube in it the machine sits close to the grip so the angled underside rests on your hand smoothly, and the RCA is inclosed which makes it seem long, Its going to work good at the size cause the light with be longer meaning it extends farther up and not casting a shadow of your hand applying the tattoo. I had my client hold my phone for a sec so i could show you guys the play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQ0RCcYnME

inked
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
the 'give' looks really soft and adjustable!

Alie K
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Woah, that machine is much bigger than I thought it would be! (or are those really small grips?) It's so difficult to judge - I'd love to see one next to a deck of cards or something...

slicksteel
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
alie looks no bigger then a nuema hybrid but better balanced. maybe cyber can make a video of him actually useing it in the tattoo process so we can see how well you can move and turn with it.

Cyberitual
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I will be at ink and iron today! I'm wearing a black shirt with a white Centri logo on it. It's a old logo but still says Centri on it! I will have one for show, and artist testing. Hope to see some of you guys there! The reviews from today will be up next week.

Alie K
06-12-2011, 01:30 AM
alie looks no bigger then a nuema hybrid but better balanced. maybe cyber can make a video of him actually useing it in the tattoo process so we can see how well you can move and turn with it.

Oh Yeah! I forgot how big those things were! I only used my coworker's once (it usually lived in the bad machine drawer because it frustrated him. Then he dropped it and it broke). These DO look about that size - just not as klunky.

elbo
06-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Thats a nice looking machine...shame the pics show it with a crap cheap chinese grip ...and the pic of youre work is awesome....very talented...Saw one on ebay and if i remember rightly it was $600...$600 is a bit steep in my opinion.

Alie K
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
It seems priced in the range of dragonfly, stigma, specialtechnique, and neuma hybrid. Lots of people buy those - maybe once it's in production, it will have similar popularity?

Cyberitual
06-12-2011, 07:27 PM
The price is well under if you were to actually hold one see for your self. It will actually cost about a hundred more when the light and prong cord adapter are available. I posted this machine in this forum so that it could be known as to what is coming. I dont want to compare this to any other machine. There is no comparison when it comes to value.

slicksteel
06-13-2011, 01:13 AM
new tech always cast alot because it takes alot of time for R &D, I realy like the look of it!

Administrator
06-13-2011, 01:47 AM
The price is well under if you were to actually hold one see for your self. It will actually cost about a hundred more when the light and prong cord adapter are available. I posted this machine in this forum so that it could be known as to what is coming. I dont want to compare this to any other machine. There is no comparison when it comes to value.

These are just opinions, you will not please or convince everyone try as you might. I am sure you make a great product but in the end people will vote with their wallets and some wont justify more then the 300-400 dollar range for any machine. There are others who will stop at nothing to get new and better equipment, that is where you will certainly get a bigger slice of the pie.

Cyberitual
06-13-2011, 11:51 AM
I know, i just dont want people to compare this machine to others for its price, Every machine on the market works and does its job just fine "if you know what your doing". You can drive a car to vegas or you can fly, its a personal choice. I personaly choose to fly... It cost alittle more but it is worth it... We are tattoo artist, Most of us charge 100 or more an hour, i dont understand how money is even part of this discussion. There will be skeptics and that is normal. Im very appreciative for all the posts and discussions on the Centri, but if you just got your liscence i dont recommend purchasing a lamborghini as your first car. If we were aviators the Centri is the X-1, I was going to name the Centri the X-1 for it being the first jet to break the sound barrier. Knowing what we know now about achieving such a challenge, Imagin whats to come in our industry!

slicksteel
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
I like the fact that you came up with a something new and refreshing! not the same ol thing! I realy like the looks and the idea of the add on light. and the give looks to realy work.
I am actually starting to use my coil machines again as i was getting tired of the actual performance of rotarys. And all the new rotarys comeing out advertise copying a coil.
You actually took it to another level and came up with a whole new concept of laying ink.

Cyberitual
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks bro, its really starting blow up over here lol, i feel bad cause i cant get them out to the artist that are begging for them right now. I was hoping the preorders would help, but everyone just wants to pay in full and have it now. Unfortunatly i cant do that :( I wonder where this will be in a year from now...

tattoosbybill
06-13-2011, 10:17 PM
So how do you go about preordering and what would be the expected time frame for delivery

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Ok i made alittle movie tonight, Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oEmzamdzBo

elbo
06-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Awesome film,awesome tattoo,i do like the look of the machine its sooooo different.

Jan Li
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
i am sure its look good but I cant see it in Denmark, theres but some rights on it bad

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks elbo! Jan Li im not sure what your saying.

Administrator
06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Probably means that the video is not available to his IP address in Denmark. Do you have restrictions placed on who can view your video on youtube?

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
no its open to the whole public, Unless there is some legal issue with Youtube and Denmark

inked
06-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Im from Singapore and i cant watch it over youtube too.

wonder_glasses
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
same problem here (sweden) can't see the video... =(

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 05:57 PM
ok i figured it out. I guess you guys cant see it over seas cause of the song it had going on in the back ground. Or Rage against the Machine is banded from your country lol. I will make another one tonight when i get home from work and post it. Sorry about that.

Inkstasy
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
any chance you're going to have a needle clip or some such addition? The 2 machines I have settled into using are the Dragonfly and the Stigma Fly both have eliminated the need for rubberbands for me - I really am done with rubberbands and I am NOT digging the needlerunner things.

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
i made the mistake mentioning my light, the BIG body that alot of people are calling it is limitless to its additions and components. Im not marketing any of its accessories anymore till the testimonials are up. The anticipation will make it more exciting!

Alie K
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Thats a nice looking machine...shame the pics show it with a crap cheap chinese grip ...and the pic of youre work is awesome....very talented...Saw one on ebay and if i remember rightly it was $600...$600 is a bit steep in my opinion.

It seems priced in the range of dragonfly, stigma, specialtechnique, and neuma hybrid. Lots of people buy those - maybe once it's in production, it will have similar popularity?

Ok, so just curious - elbo saw it on ebay for $600, stigmas and dragonflys etc are in that range, but you say it's priced well under (but will cost $100 more with light and prong cord adapter). So, what are you going to retail them for (or is that Top Secret?)

Zapp
06-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Its not cool to to hiding things if you want people spend in front 600 dollar for a machine you dont know when you can produce it !
This will not work !

Cyberitual
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Ok, every machine is assembled by hand, I have two others besides me that can do that. I still tattoo 8 hours a day, I also have two daughters that need my time. I don't order from china, so my parts don't sit on a shelf. They are all "made to order". How does that not work? Are you a fan of frozen food? Pop it in the microwave and it's done! If so then you are right this won't work for you. I'm not hiding anything or i wouldn't be here. I'm just not promoting any future additions or models or versions any more. If people want to wait till the next version comes out in a year or two, I hope the others using this version don't take there business by then. I'm really not worried by what others think will work and not work. This machine speaks for it's self. First come first served, and the line is almost around the corner already. Please don't post info that's not correct. You can have yours in your hand after purchasing it in a lead time of "UP" to six weeks. It's posted on here and the web site!

Zapp
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok, every machine is assembled by hand, I have two others besides me that can do that. I still tattoo 8 hours a day, I also have two daughters that need my time. I don't order from china, so my parts don't sit on a shelf. They are all "made to order". How does that not work? Are you a fan of frozen food? Pop it in the microwave and it's done! If so then you are right this won't work for you. I'm not hiding anything or i wouldn't be here. I'm just not promoting any future additions or models or versions any more. If people want to wait till the next version comes out in a year or two, I hope the others using this version don't take there business by then. I'm really not worried by what others think will work and not work. This machine speaks for it's self. First come first served, and the line is almost around the corner already. Please don't post info that's not correct. You can have yours in your hand after purchasing it in a lead time of "UP" to six weeks. It's posted on here and the web site!
O.k now its clear !I dont post infos thats not correct,because i had no infos about waiting time for your machine !Sorry but me as a customer are not interested how busy you are besides machine building ! If you can promisse you have a waiting time of maximum 6 week after a order and not just saying,thats it what i want to know when i have to pay bevor i get something !Its a lot of Trust,or not ?

elbo
06-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Whilst on the subject of new rotaries whats going on with that upright rotary(like a swash but with the motor on top)That looked interesting...man what with the new FK irons rotary and the new one from Cary at tattooed pirate we are gonna be spoilt this year...better get saving up me thinks ha ha

Cyberitual
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes i agree, there is always a trust issue in any business transaction. Specialy with a new product being sold by a new company. I completly understand everyones concern, right now everybody feels like its still a gamble. Who is this guy, where did he come from? I already expected that kind of responce from the industry when i went public. I think for who i am and what i achieved so far, im staying at a good pace as to how this business is getting off the ground. As for my words not sounding trust worthy to you, Understandable. Paypal is who we are using. Im hoping that gives our customers some comfort in there purchase, it will be up by friday on our website.

john clark
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
does the brushless motor have a built in esc or are you running one separate and does it require a hall sensor, dont worry i need one of these for a non rotary project lol.

Cyberitual
06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
How many volts are you needing to pushing through your brushless motor and how much torque are you requiring? For the use of a brushless DC in my system it does not require ethier. But just like most rotary's on the market some power supplies like the earlier Ikons will shut off after a few min. Most new power supplies have switches for coil or rotary. What are you making if you dont mind me asking?

RolandPacheco
06-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Cyber,
I've been in contact with your wife on eBay regarding your machine and have a question regarding adjustment of the 'give'. I saw the video that you posted and it looks like it has much flexibility. Am I correct in assuming that the give is proportional to the amount of voltage running through the machine? In other words, are the adjustments: increase voltage for harder hit/less give, decrease voltage for softer hit/more give?
Also, and I know that this subject has been run through the ringer, but would it be possible to provide a pic of the machine next to something like a pack of gum or deck of cards (already mentioned) to give a better idea of the size? I viewed the youtube vid of the machine in action and still can't get an idea of the proportions. Thanks!

john clark
06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
no i dont need a power supply, i need the thing that times pulses to a brushless motor and uses a hall sensor to do it. the motor your using must have this built in and you dont see it. this control can be very small, about the size of a penny

Cyberitual
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
maybe it does and i just dont know it, I looked and it doesnt stat that in the specs or the motor. The motor itself is no bigger then 3 quaters stacked on top of each other so it would probably be smaller then a penny if it is enclosed. These motors are not ment for public sale "AS IS" and specs on the motors are not to descriptive for reasons i dont know but im sure it has to do with its military and medical backgound or patents the manufactor has on there motors. Sorry i couldnt help you out bro. If you have a the brushless motor contact the manufactor and ask where and what they recommend for there motor. Research when in your area you will have a design and manufactoring convention. Those cons are amazing!!!

john clark
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
its built into the back plate of the motor. these motors sound very similar to the small motors in those little fans in computers and such, they dont use a hall sensor but use emf feedback for timing instead. very good motors though, but not esc that im trying to build, it will be for positioning on some robotics.

Ink Pagoda
06-16-2011, 11:16 PM
maybe it does and i just dont know it,

Your selling this machine for $600 bucks and you can't even answer a question about it with certainty? Most builders should know their product inside and out after all they are the builder right? Maybe you don't build the motor but your putting it in something your trying to charge $600 for you should know every aspect of the thing before you put it in your product, just a thought. This is the 1st machine you said you ever built , so basically your charging $600 for a prototype. You have had no experience building machines coil or rotary before this but assume your first run out the gate is worth $600. Not saying $600 is alot for a machine but an unproven machine ... maybe.
I noticed the way you responded to some of the question and it came off to me at least as very cocky and off putting . These forums have alot of cool people , artist and machine builders that share all they can with each other to better the industry. Then your here saying stuff like " If it comes down to that being a issue, buy one and let me know, it has a international patent on it so i dont care. We have wonderful lawyers too lol." to a simple question of have you built a machine before. just comes of very rude, to me at least.
Stigma Hyper v2 are $535 on eikon's site a proven machine, neo tats run around $300 and thats a machine that earned it credibility the old fashion way, by working excellently, the rapier ( one of the best rotaries I have ever used ) is no where near $600. But all these buildiers come on this site talking shop with no attitude, no boasting, and definitely not proclaiming that " no other machine compares"
I've known you for along time Mike, I just think your being alittle over the top with your approach here. You even PM'd here on this site to offer to let me try you machine but when i said i would post my thoughts after using it on the forums here you never got back to me. I seen you post many times after i sent you my reply so i know it wasn't due to you just not being on the site to read it yet. I work 10 mins from your work. I would give it and honest review, but if your not interested then why offer to let me try it in the first place?
I wish you all the luck in the world with your machine, the look and size is enough to not earn my dollar but if you can find a market all the power to you.

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Wow dude, what time is your first appointment tomorrow? I have a 1:00, should take about 2 hours. You have a client before or after that let me know. Even if you hate it and think its a piece of crap. I want you to post your thoughts as honest as possible. You have my number right? I will PM it to you...

fkirons
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
if the motor has a an Electronic Speed Control its noticeable. and you need the room in the machine for the circuit even if the circuit is attached to the motor (like some of the high end Maxons for ex). If you have just two terminals then most likely doesn't have ESC.
Take a look at some Helicopter and car racing motors.

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 12:54 AM
It only has your typical 2 terminals. There is no circuitry inside the Centri. It would suck if i needed more room for that lol.

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Hi Cyber,
I've been in contact with your wife on eBay regarding your machine and have a question regarding adjustment of the 'give'. I saw the video that you posted and it looks like it has much flexibility. Am I correct in assuming that the give is proportional to the amount of voltage running through the machine? In other words, are the adjustments: increase voltage for harder hit/less give, decrease voltage for softer hit/more give?
Also, and I know that this subject has been run through the ringer, but would it be possible to provide a pic of the machine next to something like a pack of gum or deck of cards (already mentioned) to give a better idea of the size? I viewed the youtube vid of the machine in action and still can't get an idea of the proportions. Thanks!
sorry for the delay Goku808 i thought my wife had sent you a pic. Yes the more voltage the faster and longer stroke you get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_kfb3L20Cw
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/images/styles/blackfolio/misc/pencil.png

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
For those who are interested there is a paypal buy now button on our web site http://www.centritattoo.com thanks again for your guys support and interest!

gangstajay
06-17-2011, 05:46 PM
wow I have been reading all the post ..man bottom line this cat is a dick!!! dale from the uk tattoos full time and hand assembles all his machine, and its a dope ass machine, enough said!! put that in the shit box if you have too.

elbo
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Seen the pic of the centri against a playing card...Man thats fucking big!!!!....shame as i liked the look of it...think i will be spending my £'s or $'s on something else dont want to be rude but man its a house brick....ive been tattooing 5 years in a studio and yeh im not great but at the end of the day it aint gonna make me any better !...the same as my swash,stigma,hawk or whatever!...the path to me improving lies within myself....

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Gansta lol it's gansta, it doesn't pepper shade though!

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
How is 3.4 oz a brick? Damn you guys say I'm bad, nobody on here that I know of seen it or feel it in person but it's ok to smash it already? To each there own... I'm the new kid on the block, go ahead and pick on me all you want. This system is here to stay.

gangstajay
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
How is 3.4 oz a brick? Damn you guys say I'm bad, nobody on here that I know of seen it or feel it in person but it's ok to smash it already? To each there own... I'm the new kid on the block, go ahead and pick on me all you want. This system is here to stay.
no one is picking at you cyberitual..its all in your approach! thats all. we on this site embrace new machine and there buildiers just not shitty attitudes
dont forget being humble in this industry is important!! word of mouth will kill you over and over just food for thought.

fkirons
06-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I saw the video for the first time and just want to ask you if the machine has give also when it pushes the needle out? That's what I think I saw on the video. Just wanted to figure that out.
Just A question question not bashing intended.
Thank you

hendricksonart.com
06-17-2011, 11:28 PM
wondered the same thing

john clark
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
if the motor has a an Electronic Speed Control its noticeable. and you need the room in the machine for the circuit even if the circuit is attached to the motor (like some of the high end Maxons for ex). If you have just two terminals then most likely doesn't have ESC.
Take a look at some Helicopter and car racing motors.
not always, look at the motors on computer fans there esc is built inside and you cant see it from outside, there are few things that i havnt took apart lol

inked
06-18-2011, 01:01 AM
looks real huge thou even thou its only 3.4 oz. but nevertheless, it looks so futuristic that i wanna get my hands to try on :)

Mr.Taboo
06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
The machine sounds interesting , but I think if I got one I'd void my warranty by taking a dremel to it: 3081

Cyberitual
06-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Since i first starting designing the Centri it has transformed alot, the reason behind its looks and size has purpose aswell. Here are a few images of how the Centri as evolved.30823084308530863083this protoype was 1/2 inch shorter in length. Do to external options soon to be available, i had to stretch it alittle. FKirons, in the video were you see me pressing on the up side of the armature bar, it equally has the same play and give on the down side. If we look at a coil machine not running, where the armature bar is sitting we will call that position A. When a coil is running and where the armature bar makes contact with the coils we will call that position B. So when you tattoo a with coil we all know that position A is excelerating to position B and coming to a dead stop before retracting "Painful entry". Rotary's as we know decelerate from postion A to position B giving a much more smoother entry but could seriously do some damage cause the rotary's A to B position is locked in place. The Centri uses the rotary's deceleration process and the coils exceleration process at the same. This is were it gets hard to explain with out giving up valuable information. Try to imagine this sensation, If you could press up on a classic rotary's armature bar and in doing so its changing the diameter of rotation... It will slighty gain speed and shorten your stroke at the same time it wants by nature to spin at its maximum diameter pushing pressure into your thumb do to centrifugal force... ok i cant give out any more information. I hope you guys can somewhat understand.

peter clements
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
It's a shame you've had to make it bigger,as I think the aesthetics on this machine look so much better. Here's something that may irritate you-I prefer the clipcord,it certainly would look better at least on this machine ,the RCA plug makes it look as long again.

fkirons
06-18-2011, 11:01 PM
not always, look at the motors on computer fans there esc is built inside and you cant see it from outside, there are few things that i havnt took apart lol

Hahah now I have to take a computer fan apart. Thanks for the knowledge John.

fkirons
06-18-2011, 11:11 PM
FKirons, in the video were you see me pressing on the up side of the armature bar, it equally has the same play and give on the down side. If we look at a coil machine not running, where the armature bar is sitting we will call that position A. When a coil is running and where the armature bar makes contact with the coils we will call that position B. So when you tattoo a with coil we all know that position A is excelerating to position B and coming to a dead stop before retracting "Painful entry". Rotary's as we know decelerate from postion A to position B giving a much more smoother entry but could seriously do some damage cause the rotary's A to B position is locked in place. The Centri uses the rotary's deceleration process and the coils exceleration process at the same. This is were it gets hard to explain with out giving up valuable information. Try to imagine this sensation, If you could press up on a classic rotary's armature bar and in doing so its changing the diameter of rotation... It will slighty gain speed and shorten your stroke at the same time it wants by nature to spin at its maximum diameter pushing pressure into your thumb do to centrifugal force... ok i cant give out any more information. I hope you guys can somewhat understand.

I think this could cause even more trauma because for what I understood you said, the deceleration will result in needle hanging out longer therefore ripping skin with as you move your hands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the faster the slap is the least painful should be. Imagine piecing your ear slowly or doing it fast. Usually fast skin penetration is least painful that delayed penetration....and this just open my creative mind to come up with some examples not proper for this site lol.

I may be wrong.

RolandPacheco
06-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks! It's not as big as it looks, then!

slicksteel
06-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Being a piercer and tattooer(by far not the best out there!)It is a balance of both speed and power-to fast hurts like hell-causes micro explosion in tissue,major cell trauma,to slow cause hangup and tearing instead of a cleancut/pierce/poke.

examples: guy tattoos or pierce himshelf with a needle n thread and a guy pierce his lip both go very slow.(piercing takes a 30min to push threw and tattoos is doing slow pokes/dots with a push/pluck method,both will not hurt till the next day but will have major damage in healing etc.
Guy tattoos with a machine runst at 12 volts that machine is set to run on 7.5 and does everything superfast. Then he pierces lip with a superfast hard puncture.Both are going to hurt very bad with bad tears/cell blow outs.

Cyberitual
06-19-2011, 03:01 AM
im not saying it doesnt hurt, just hurts less. None of my tattoo have torn the skin. The Centri tattoos like a champ! Its all good, nobody will understand untill there client says so. Who ever gets there hands on one try it on a client for a couple min, then go back to your original machine and let them tell you what they think. I didnt build this machine to reduce pain. I built this machine to prove it can be done! Meaning a rotary with complete give. By accident i ended up with a machine that causes less trauma to the skin. Heals faster too aslong as you know what your doing. I wonder how many knock offs there will be... I know some people are going to break it open to see how it was done, I wish i could see there face's when they realize how simple it was and that its been right there in front of them the whole time. Simplicity is amazing. I installed a 30 second detonator too, so look fast and then run like hell!!! lol

slicksteel
06-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Centri I think you have something, just like the Godoys do(coil based). All spun off off past exps & tattoo knowhow.

slicksteel
06-19-2011, 03:46 AM
Gaston/Fk Irons could you please describe/ explane how your new rotary machine works(internals that make it different then then the Rapiers, Dragon flys, Stigmas and how the hit/needle grouping penatration is(ie- forward needle velocity speed/power ,back pull speed),How does it perform for lining, shading and color packing is(per common needles sizes?).

Administrator
06-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Gaston/Fk Irons could you please describe/ explane how your new rotary machine works(internals that make it different then then the Rapiers, Dragon flys, Stigmas and how the hit/needle grouping penatration is(ie- forward needle velocity speed/power ,back pull speed),How does it perform for lining, shading and color packing is(per common needles sizes?).

This thread is about another machine.

hendricksonart.com
06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Actually I've already drawn up how I think your machine works
just based on your name. What I drew up is really simple, of course it might not be the way your machine works
but I would love to see if it did or if my drawing would even work but definetly have no way to produce such a thing. What in drew is really similar to
most machines with spring give but where the connection is made
there is a bearing that has slack and moves to the outside of
a circle once power is applied from centripical
force. Once it hits the skin the bearing trackels to the middle
of the circular trajectory. Am I close?

Cyberitual
06-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Actually I've already drawn up how I think your machine works
just based on your name. What I drew up is really simple, of course it might not be the way your machine works
but I would love to see if it did or if my drawing would even work but definetly have no way to produce such a thing. What in drew is really similar to
most machines with spring give but where the connection is made
there is a bearing that has slack and moves to the outside of
a circle once power is applied from centripical
force. Once it hits the skin the bearing trackels to the middle
of the circular trajectory. Am I close?Send me your drawing and i will see if you came close. Here is a curve ball, there is more then one bearing inside this system but im not going to tell you how many. The Centri's drive system is no where close to any past engineered system. This isnt even a spun off of any others designs. Im telling you guys this is a whole new design that nobody has ever thought of. There are categories for the machines today, Coil, Rotary's, neumatic, and now theres a Centrifugal.

Cyberitual
06-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Centri Hypnosis~
http://youtu.be/lrk1-u1E4qw

Cyberitual
06-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Man, packaging an shipping is harder then building them. My hands feel like they can crack open being so dry from all the cardboard boxes!

slicksteel
06-25-2011, 03:35 PM
wear soft cotton large rubber glove liners-they are thin and breath but protect your hands-use to be a stocker and they work great.
Hey cyber how hard is the hit on your machine i was watching the give video almost seems to soft to do large mag work.
can you post a vid showing some large bng work useing large mags such as 23 etc.

Cyberitual
06-25-2011, 04:54 PM
The cool thing about using centrifugal force to drive your machine is the faster the motor spins the more force you create. Also if your happy with your stroke no problem, because the more you push the faster the motor will spin do to shorter distances it has to travel in return gives you more force! It will push what ever you want it to.... i will get some video of some large mag work for you guys.

peter clements
06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
The cool thing about using centrifugal force to drive your machine is the faster the motor spins the more force you create. Also if your happy with your stroke no problem, because the more you push the faster the motor will spin do to shorter distances it has to travel in return gives you more force! It will push what ever you want it to.... i will get some video of some large mag work for you guys.

On the same topic, what sort of line work have you achieved?

Cyberitual
06-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Meaning needle size's? Well I normaly use a 5 tight bugpin to a fat 8 round. I've lined the same with the Centri for over three months now. This machine will not just take over out of the box you will still need to get comfortable with it.

elbo
06-26-2011, 02:12 PM
thats the thing...im liking the centri...but ive heard it all before...when i bought the hyper,bizarre the gen 6 ,gen 7,the neuma,the hawk,neo tat and god knows how many others..it will never make you a better tattooer...and i still think you are way over the price of a machine that hasnt proved itself long term...look at the new swashdrive whip compare the prices....they are established with a good track record but they are well under youre price and we all know their back up service is great...i wish you the best...but cant see many changing to be honest.

Cyberitual
06-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks Elbo, Ya im not here to rule the world, im just offering another option to all the artist out there who like having a option. My track record can only be made by time. I just got here lol, but im not going to shoot myself in the foot when the centrifugal systems sky rocket in the market. It will be fun for all of us to see what happens. Im excited, hope you guys can feel the same way soon.

elbo
06-26-2011, 03:09 PM
The truth is i can tattoo the same with a $275 workhorse iron...it might not be quiet...it might not be light but it will do the job...and it wont improve my tattooing...thats down to me...i think anyone who claims there machine will make you wonderful is on a HARD SELL(im not saying anyone on here is on a hard sell) ...and im guessing the centri is similar to a multiplier bait casting reel in the centrifugal force system?...

Cyberitual
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
what if you could improve your clients overall experience receiving the tattoo? Would that be worth a investment? It would definatly bring in more business...

Alie K
06-26-2011, 07:09 PM
what if you could improve your clients overall experience receiving the tattoo? Would that be worth a investment? It would definatly bring in more business...

Actually, the hands-down BEST investments I've made in overall customer experience were:

-Purchasing a $60 portable dvd player
-Pulling $5 comedies and action movies from the discount movie bin

My clients have never been happier.

tattoosbybill
06-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I think allot of us could do the same quality of work regardless of machine style .....but if I can find the machine will allow me to do that and save my hands for longer tattooing sessions and create a longer career I'm willing to try it ..... Can't wait to get my centri ...should have it this week I'll post my thoughts then

Cyberitual
06-26-2011, 08:59 PM
They all shipped friday so everybody should have them by this week. Thanks for your support bill.

rjdadio
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
There is no "magic pill" to make you a better tattoo artist...... everyone is different..... But let's see how they work and what kind of feedback the new Centri machines get.
Proof is in the performance, right?

Cyberitual
06-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Ya im nervous lol

Dreviltattoo
06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
very interesting. how do you adjust the stroke length?

Cyberitual
06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
By adjusting the power supply

JuNiOr
06-29-2011, 04:39 AM
How do I order one?

peter clements
06-29-2011, 07:17 AM
How do I order one?

From his Ebay shop-just use "Buy it now"

Cyberitual
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
go to www.centritattoo.com (http://www.centritattoo.com) or click on my sig. then click buy now at the bottom.

slicksteel
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I do like how you web page loads fast! some many sites machine sites suck-like how its fast and to the point with out crap adds etc.

Cyberitual
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Thx steel, I should have some reviews here soon.

Rotar
06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
I ♥ Centri . . . Gotta have one soon. . . Peace . . .

Cyberitual
06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
I ♥ Centri . . . Gotta have one soon. . . Peace . . .thanks Rotar, i like the rca position on your machine, we have the same beliefs lol. When will you have the Rotar ready to check out?

Rotar
06-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks Centri, yeah, the RCA at the top helps keep the cord away from your work... Rotars are currently on progress. We just wait for the anodize to come out for these 2 protos and also for our Aluminum 7075 material to arrive from the US then we start to build plenty of these in different driver guide. Probably in front of the give driver. :)

Dman
07-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Its a nice machine and the syle looks right on with what I would want in my tool box. I saw one for sale on craigslist here in the IE for 600. A bit steep id say, I would drop 300-400 no problem but over 500-600 is where I start thinking about another stigma.

slicksteel
07-01-2011, 02:25 PM
yes i want one but way out of my budget I will not pay over 450 for a machine unless it was something like a handmade cain metior metal that takes alot of work to make.I just cant see paying more then that for a production machine.I will buy one of these when people decide they dont like them and sell on ebay!

Cyberitual
07-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Lol I wish it was a production machine, but as of now I'm assembling these by hand, and there are internal components I machine by hand. Meteor metals are rare and worth more then gold and also weighs more then gold. I would never destroy such a rare and historical material.

slicksteel
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
you can always send me a one to test and do a send up on here! :)

merky
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
ok i can't hold my tounge no longer.. I tried not to get in this thread but i have to say a few things and it's not at anyone in particular... just saying out loud. This is an awsome forum and the ppl are great ,but you guys have not gave this machine a chance and picked it apart from eveything to size and price. ok here I go, what is the big deal lets say this machine is junk and doesnt do anything any better than any other machine. The fact that it's a new machine to me.. that fact alone would be cool to have in a machine collection, even if it was a total flop I ended up wanting to sell it! i think you could sell it for the same amount or maybe a little less!we all now that. now what if this machine helps your work and makes it 1% eaiser or 1% faster to me im going for it. the price seems high i can understand that ,but by how much $150 or $200 to me the risk of that is a hour and 1/2 of what i charge, im going to do anything to get better and trying every machine that i can . I am watching every dvd that is available, im reading this forum and every other one i come across to learn. i am a student of this craft and will not stop.. it's a relentless pursuit of perfection, we should be backing this artist up and his machine just like we would if he had ten big name artist using it.. because i guarentee if he had a big name using his machine we would all do what i did with the numa, run to it hopeing it will help and maybe i will be as good as the guy useing it,like nick baxter or nikko hurtdo, or mike d, if they started using it i bet this guy would have a 6 month waiting list .i spent 3000 grand on the neuma setup, think about it this guy is starting out and he on this forum tring to bring his dream to and hoping he made somthing that helps you tattoo a little better. he's not holding a gun to your head to buy it. sorry if i piss anyone off but this is my take on it, and if you guys realy want to try it ,ill tell you what i ll do i will buy one and try it for a week then send it to the next person on a list we can make on this forum,so each person can try it and give it a chance and give there review on it... so make the list admin and after i try it ill send it to ali then who ever on the list is next she can send it to them of corse the person on the list has to pay shipping, I can take the risk to help ,im not rich but if this machine does what he says then i have no problem buying more.

slicksteel
07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Well said merky! and thanks for the offering of buying it and letting others try it. That is realy cool of you to do that.

JCarlton
07-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I received the machine 3 days ago and have been waiting to do a review until I was able to give it longer time in the skin. With all the forum chatter I decided to at least tell you what I know. When I opened the very well packed box, I was, as most of you would be a little surprised by the size of the machine mainly because the market keeps on producing smaller and smaller machines( I think rotaries are keeping up with smart phones on new models! Ha!) Once you have the machine in your hand you cant help but appreciate how futuristic it looks. Its very light about 3.5 OZ unloaded. I have only been able to use it on one tattoo and it was over heavy laser removal so it hard give a fair example of its true potential on undamaged skin. That said it put ink in with ease and you can really feel the give when you want it. The stroke length and give is determined by the power supplied to the motor. The more power=longer throw and harder hit. On about 4 volts its softer than any machine I have used ( this interests me greatly as it might let me layer a little more than normal adding richness and saturation without multiple sessions). A few things I think need to be addressed are the size of the machine mainly for aesthetic reasons the machine was easy to use and wasn't cumbersome, also I was not able to use disposable tubes with this version you need an adjustable tube because the tube vice is thicker than most machines. In conclusion I really like the machine especially how soft it can hit and I am really looking forward to doing pieces on fresh skin to see it perform at the top of its game! I have had lengthy phone conversations with the builder and he is humble and knows what he is talking about. This machine has a lot of potential and should be considered if your in the market for a new tool in your set up.

eric03
07-02-2011, 06:56 PM
well merky, there ya go. a review from a reliable known tattooer. lets see if the haters start kissing centri's ass. overall, like u said, everyone has to have the want n the drive to b a better tattooer n try everything that is out there. if the price is to high, that doesnt mean u have to buy it. if u want it though, it will make u work harder to get it. overall, i think the centri looks amazing and in a sea of copy cats n builders jumping on the rotary bandwagon, its nice to see someone is pushing the boundaries a lil n creating something different than the rest. i wish him luck and thank u jcarlton for the first review.

Cyberitual
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks Joshua for the early review, as we spoke about before I think your recommendations for the centri will be the finishing touch to a machine that can really make a mark in this industry. I greatly appreciate everyone's support. Thank you!

inked
07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks for the review , JCarlton. I see a different trend nearing soon, instead of bashing the centri up. i Wish cyberitual all the best, stay positive bro, there always be haters.

Administrator
07-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Most of the machines people are all over these day where made fun of for some amount of time. Everyone has an opinion but its clear that good builders have thick skins otherwise they wont last long. I am just happy you are on here answering peoples questions.

Regarding price, people will vote with their wallets. The main objective with the forum is to keep people informed and keep them from making bad choices in where thier money goes.

Indio Ink
07-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Seems like redemption's in place..:D I would love to read more reviews!

Alie K
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM
It's definitely a very unique looking machine, with very unique mechanics (and it TOTALLY reminds me of a Delorean and if I had this machine, it would probably end up with a flux capacitor painted onto it somewhere). I don't think people will have issues buying it as it's priced among the range of the Dragonfly and Stigma which sell easily (they are priced at $600ish here in Canada). It will also be EXTREMELY difficult for the Chinese to replicate it!

slicksteel
07-03-2011, 12:14 AM
It is way ahead of its time and like all things people have a hard time changeing- You being a tattoo artist centri is great as you know what a machine should do and so far the videos you have done with it looks very impressive. I don't think its that big as i have seen some monster size coil machines that poeple use.I like the idea of the rca pointing up like rotar has also-I have a buddy that has his ps over his head in a platform and it keeps the cord from under your feet.

tattoosbybill
07-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks Joshua for the early review, as we spoke about before I think your recommendations for the centri will be the finishing touch to a machine that can really make a mark in this industry. I greatly appreciate everyone's support. Thank you!
I received my Centri on thurs and have done 3 tattoos so far with it..... and I am having a hard time coming up with anything bad to say I love this machine yes it does seem big at first but the complete lack of weight makes you forget the size real fast.... as for putting in ink the complete give similar to a coil machine makes this a pleasure to work with I will be ordering a second one and will be on the list for gen2 i have used a hawk dragonfly bishop and swash gen 7 I'm keeping the centri I'll update my post as I do more

Cyberitual
07-03-2011, 12:55 AM
It's definitely a very unique looking machine, with very unique mechanics (and it TOTALLY reminds me of a Delorean and if I had this machine, it would probably end up with a flux capacitor painted onto it somewhere). I don't think people will have issues buying it as it's priced among the range of the Dragonfly and Stigma which sell easily (they are priced at $600ish here in Canada). It will also be EXTREMELY difficult for the Chinese to replicate it!
The flux capacitor is in the works, just can't get it to run off the banana peels yet lol. Thanks alie k

fkirons
07-03-2011, 01:15 AM
perhaps we have in front of us a good machine and we are just coming with conclusions without putting it to test.
Cyberitual, have you though about a special discount for the members of this board?
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at the machine. I basically own every rotary out there why not this one?

Cyberitual
07-03-2011, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't mind doing so but as of now it would financially set my business plan backwards. To be honest I have 5 left on the shelf right now. It's going to take two more weeks from after this holiday weekend before I can produce more. To all that are interested, add me to your friends list and I will show some love in the next batch.

hendricksonart.com
07-03-2011, 02:14 AM
so no one from the board has one yet?

Cyberitual
07-03-2011, 02:27 AM
There are two members of this board with reviews I believe on page 12

merky
07-03-2011, 03:38 PM
perhaps we have in front of us a good machine and we are just coming with conclusions without putting it to test.
Cyberitual, have you though about a special discount for the members of this board?
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at the machine. I basically own every rotary out there why not this one?

can u do a disscount on your machine for the members here on the forum for your new rotary coming out ......

Cyberitual
07-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Wanna trade one for one Gaston?

fkirons
07-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Wanna trade one for one Gaston?

Coil is what I have at the moment. Message me

Cyberitual
07-07-2011, 02:58 AM
So if im going to make this work, i have to respond to what people are concerned about and what there wants and needs demand. Please let me know if im headed in the right direction.
1" shorter in length, the width is the same, from the very tip to the back roll bar = 3.65"
Clip cord option available.
More basic rubber band setting
Same System

Mr.Taboo
07-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm diggin' how this looks now and I see it's set up for RCA and clipcord ,still don't get the rollbar/spoiler but hey that's aesthetics.
Is the chuck just a set screw?

JohnnyChaos
07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
very nice. looks a lot cooler now :)

slicksteel
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
So if im going to make this work, i have to respond to what people are concerned about and what there wants and needs demand. Please let me know if im headed in the right direction.
1" shorter in length, the width is the same, from the very tip to the back roll bar = 3.65"
Same System

I thaught the back rubber band setting was pretty sick for sure-i have those small bands i use on the rapier and they work great.Will this shorter frame still have the light setup? maybe you could make both versions.
I do like the rca/clipcord setup very cool looking, good idea as sometimes you might have a rca go out and you could grab the clipcord in a pinch.

Cyberitual
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys, the rollbar has its purpose to its name,like you would see on a convertible sports car. basically protects the armature bar from damage if it were to hit the ground and looks cool at the same time. The chuck screw is a screw that is made for camera tripods, just happens to be what I was looking for and saves me more production times cause there already made in bulk.

slicksteel
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
cool lookin for sure!

peter clements
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Cyberitual;11583]So if im going to make this work, i have to respond to what people are concerned about and what there wants and needs demand. Please let me know if im headed in the right direction.
Same System

Yes ,you are going in the right direction-now I'm interested.

Cyberitual
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Slick, sorry i left your light question out in my last post. I will be designing one for the Centri, just with the new body im basically starting over on the light attachment. Peter Im hoping to have the revision available in about a two months.

gangstajay
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
well this thread has been interesting to follow.. good to see how things change. but we are human an have a right to change our minds.. again this is a good forum

Cyberitual
07-22-2011, 02:21 AM
kinda quiet in here...34343435343634373438

peter clements
07-22-2011, 06:25 AM
IMO this looks a lot better, I really like how you've dealt with the clipcord binders.

Zapp
07-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Where are the reports from all the guys who bought one ?????

Mr.Taboo
07-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Dual RCA/Clip nice , that I like.

The Limey
07-22-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree with Peter although I wish it didn't have the "spoiler" above the RCA jack.

Cyberitual
07-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys, limey if you were to drop the machine by accident and the armature broke or got damage, that wouldn't be covered in our warranty, the roll bar serves many purposes. You can always cut it off if you wish but that kills the warranty aswell. I don't know why I haven't received to many reviews yet, no news is good news I guess.

slicksteel
07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I like the spoiler and the lines of this machine like a top notch sports car! people are just used to the old look.

fkirons
07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
this machine reminds me of star wars
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/04/24/vivendi/battlestar_screen004.jpg

peter clements
07-22-2011, 01:57 PM
In black,the machine reminds me of a stealth bomber:) I'm really pleased you've chopped the machine down, it looks a ton better.

The Limey
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys, limey if you were to drop the machine by accident and the armature broke or got damage, that wouldn't be covered in our warranty, the roll bar serves many purposes. You can always cut it off if you wish but that kills the warranty aswell. I don't know why I haven't received to many reviews yet, no news is good news I guess.

I get what your saying about it protecting the armature bar and mechanism etc which makes a lot of sense (although touch wood I'm not in the habit of dropping my machines on a regular basis), I just wish it wasn't a full on "ricer" wing is all. I really do like the way you've put binding posts and RCA underneath though, looks like it'll be sturdier than the ones on my old Hyper which used to move alarmingly if you used a clip cord.

Just out of interest how many machines do you have out in the field at the moment?

Cyberitual
07-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Lol Battlestar galactica! That was a great show, I liked the cylons fighter too, maybe I will make one down the road with some decals for it lol.

Cyberitual
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I only made 30 of the first/limited version. I have 3 left. The update will be available in 2 months if not sooner.

Cyberitual
07-23-2011, 04:15 PM
You know i might have to charge less on the new ones. It wouldnt be right to sell less for the same price now would it :confused: ...3466

slicksteel
07-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I did like the original ones runner band retainer-i like useing the short ones on the rapiers and that fact that it was made to clip the light in. make both!

Cyberitual
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
you can still use that method, you just loop the rubber band around the rca close to the body and then down around and up through the gutter in the top front and then around the needle.

bmerck11
07-25-2011, 12:02 AM
shorter one looks waaaaay better. like if a stigma boned a neuma and they had a baby!

Cyberitual
07-25-2011, 01:30 AM
shorter one looks waaaaay better. like if a stigma boned a neuma and they had a baby! LOL Thats funny, I will take that as a HUGE complement, thanks bmerck11.

JCarlton
07-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Got a chance to really test the Centri today, and I have to say WOW! I set up a 25 magnum to really see what it can do and it was just perfectly consistent the entire tattoo. It's very easy to blend and layer color and even after several build ups I never felt like I was pushing the skin to the limit. One of the coolest things about the Centri is how smooth the transitions from extremely soft, to absolute punch are. I just felt like I had such control. Looking forward to the more streamlined version. I can tell this machine is going to get a lot of use!

gangstajay
07-27-2011, 10:31 PM
josh that tattoo is fucking sick

cyclopstat
07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
is amazing

cyclopstat
07-27-2011, 11:04 PM
have some one get and try STIGMA Rotary BIZARRE V2!!!

Cyberitual
07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Im Impressed and so glad that the Centri is so useful.

bmerck11
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
one to watch been looking smooth soft shader for different applications.

Cyberitual
08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Update: aluminium frame looking sweet :D , the overall weight has raised a bit, not much, the stroke is fully adjustable on the machine aswell with the power supply, rca/ clip cord check, one inch shorter check. I'm getting excited! I would say 4-5 weeks if not sooner!

Bishopbyname
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Exciting news indeed and looking like a potential market leader at the moment. I'm definitely going to be looking out for updates on this machine!

peter clements
08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
How would you say the Centri performs as a liner?

Cyberitual
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Well my opinion is alittle biased, but as liner or shading I love it both, now you can adjust the stroke on the machine aswell so its limitless

elbo
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
and what is it costing for these new additions?....it sounds great.

Cyberitual
08-02-2011, 01:18 AM
For you Elbo, just your leg, if i take your arm i would feel bad. lol jk, im adding it all up and should have a good figure by next week, It will be the same if not cheaper so...

Intuition Tattoo Machines
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Merkey, I agree with you about big names and the Neuma. I originally bought a Neuma because of the work I saw being produced with it.For everyone else. As far as cost goes, that's the way it is with manufacturing. The less you make the more it will cost. If I were to make "one-offs" of the Intuition they would cost between $940- over $1200 EACH! As a matter of fact I have done that over and over again while refining the design. $600.00 isn't that bad, it's quite inexpensive for a one-off of a new product. Unless he had 35-50K to dump into production, and purchase 500 or more parts at a time... You just couldnt produce a cheap machine. By the way you have one year to file a patent after you have shown the design. A patent is very reasonable also (I personally have 6) so sell a couple machines and get one. It will give you more options when it comes time to further your company. You can PM or email me about getting one. I have a great patent Attourney. So you go Centri, do your thing good luck!

fkirons
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
The patent is not the expensive part. What's expensive are the lawyers and the risk of maybe losing a case after years of fighting it and spending thousands!

fkirons
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I like the look of the mini one I saw on the site. Good Job

Intuition Tattoo Machines
08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I like the look of the mini one I saw on the site. Good JobThanks, I appreciate that.

merky
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
so glad i keep my air set up....

gangstajay
08-04-2011, 02:35 PM
that is nuts..good looking machine

inked
08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
You know i might have to charge less on the new ones. It wouldnt be right to sell less for the same price now would it :confused: ...3466
yep, i agree, do charge cheaper bud. im sure it snap up faster. I like what i see now, smaller footprint, and easier rubber positioning.

spoonertattoos
08-08-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm really interested now that its shorter too. I might have to sell my martini rotary so i can pick on of these up. I cant remember these are in the 500 dollar range right?

bmerck11
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
even though you shortened it up u might want to put a 90degree down on the rca. having it staight add another inch back on the machine......hard working on neck shoulder area like someone mentioned earlier.

The Limey
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
even though you shortened it up u might want to put a 90degree down on the rca. having it staight add another inch back on the machine......hard working on neck shoulder area like someone mentioned earlier.

You could always buy a right angled RCA plug.

Inkslinger
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Can/could I be put on the list for next batch?? Would love to try this out and I WILL post MY thoughts, opinion and results.
Thank you,

Cyberitual
09-02-2011, 12:53 AM
sure thing

Inkslingers
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I've read though some of the posts and questions about this machine, although I'm in no position to answer a lot of them, over the weekend I was able to check the machine out first hand. A friend and artist was doing a tattoo with one and let me get behind it for a few minutes to see what it'll do. My only regret was that I didn't get to do more then I did with it! "Someone" mentioned size being an issue? I thought that also, from looking a picture of it..once you have it in your hand though, it's a whole different story...you literally think you are drawing with a large sharpie. From what I understand the next generation may be somewhat smaller? Again, I may not be in the best position to comment on this because I don't know for a FACT that a downsize is in the works. As far as what I actually experienced though, this machines could very well be the future. I've always been a purist when it comes to machines and have stuck with coils, BECAUSE there hasn't been the ability to adjust the needles force. It hasn't been a matter of which is better, but just the plain fact that the technology wasn't there yet. Machines like the Dragonfly (just to name one), have changed this somewhat. But the Centri changes EVERYTHING...the technology is finally there! I personally don't like the way it looks, I don't like the size, I don't like that it doesn't come in 85 different colors... bla, bla, bla...all that makes no difference, one the first things I did this morning was message the Builder asking if I could get a pre-order, name on a waiting list, who's d*ck do I need to suck...whatever it takes to get my hands on a couple of these! Needless to say, I'm very impressed with their product...

Bishopbyname
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow, that's some testimonial. How long is the wait for one of these?

I've read though some of the posts and questions about this machine, although I'm in no position to answer a lot of them, over the weekend I was able to check the machine out first hand. A friend and artist was doing a tattoo with one and let me get behind it for a few minutes to see what it'll do. My only regret was that I didn't get to do more then I did with it! "Someone" mentioned size being an issue? I thought that also, from looking a picture of it..once you have it in your hand though, it's a whole different story...you literally think you are drawing with a large sharpie. From what I understand the next generation may be somewhat smaller? Again, I may not be in the best position to comment on this because I don't know for a FACT that a downsize is in the works. As far as what I actually experienced though, this machines could very well be the future. I've always been a purist when it comes to machines and have stuck with coils, BECAUSE there hasn't been the ability to adjust the needles force. It hasn't been a matter of which is better, but just the plain fact that the technology wasn't there yet. Machines like the Dragonfly (just to name one), have changed this somewhat. But the Centri changes EVERYTHING...the technology is finally there! I personally don't like the way it looks, I don't like the size, I don't like that it doesn't come in 85 different colors... bla, bla, bla...all that makes no difference, one the first things I did this morning was message the Builder asking if I could get a pre-order, name on a waiting list, who's d*ck do I need to suck...whatever it takes to get my hands on a couple of these! Needless to say, I'm very impressed with their product...

Inkslingers
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow, that's some testimonial. How long is the wait for one of these?

I couldn't personally tell you the wait time. I was told today that they took a month set back waiting for parts. I'd go to Centritattoo Machines on facebook on look for postings there.

Bishopbyname
09-12-2011, 03:42 AM
I couldn't personally tell you the wait time. I was told today that they took a month set back waiting for parts. I'd go to Centritattoo Machines on facebook on look for postings there.

Virtually nothing on the Facebook, no info on the machine, there isn't even a picture of one. I'll contact him on here.

Inkslingers
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Virtually nothing on the Facebook, no info on the machine, there isn't even a picture of one. I'll contact him on here.

Try this link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Centri-Tattoo-Rotary-Machine/199265316786150) on facebook if you want pictures..."Centri Tattoo Rotary Machine"

The Limey
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Try this link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Centri-Tattoo-Rotary-Machine/199265316786150) on facebook if you want pictures..."Centri Tattoo Rotary Machine"

Fixed it so your link is actually a link

Cyberitual
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Ok, so ive been having many inquires as to when the next batch will be ready. This is were i stand as of right now, My previous manufactor decided i was not a big enough contract so they decided to put my project on the shelf. One whole month went by before they had the balls to tell me that was the case. So basically i lost a month of production to the government. Since then ive found a new manufactor for my components and ofcourse they have lead times aswell. It will be 4 weeks from now till i see all of my components. So in 4 weeks i will be in the assembly state. Should take me about 5 days to assemble the whole order. I can only afford to make 50 of them at this time. Alot of people are wanting to be put on a waiting list. That is fine, but you would have to email your request to [email protected] and include your full name and shipping address. As for pre-orders i would love to take them, but are you guys willing to pay and wait that long?

If i did pre-orders and i recieved 50 at $300 each "which is half of the full price" like in 2 or 3 days that would greatly speed up the process. But i cant really sit and wait for those pre-orders to come in. Trust me, Im trying to get these out as fast as possible, but its hard when you have to rely on others. It really puts me in a position where i cant promise a shipping date untill i have these in my hands.

This batch will not have 85 different colors unfortunatly, lol I can only afford to produce 50 right now hehe, So these will be all annodized black. After all 50 sell im hopeing to have a list of favorite colors that people request so that the following batch will have all those choices in colors.

Im sorry for the lengthy lead times im having to deal with. I hope you guys are understanding and can be patient with me here. Its hard to start a company with no capital.

The new Batch upgrades are: Aluminum body, Adjustable stroke, and clip cord connections. New size in total length = 3.635 inches.
Thanks for all your support!

Administrator
09-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Cool, post a link in the product announcements area when you have a batch ready to sell. :)

Glad you found a replacement for the guys who left you hanging.

Bishopbyname
09-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait mate. I bet it's a nightmare waiting for other people and having matters taken out of your hands.

Cyberitual
09-13-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait mate. I bet it's a nightmare waiting for other people and having matters taken out of your hands.

VERY MUCH SO! Its ok once i get this batch out, this company will be on a roll.

tattoosbybill
09-13-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm hoping I post this correctly with pics ..... I've been using 2 centri machines for about 2 months now and can't believe how amazing these machines are....... I've had a hawk spirit, dragonflies, swashes, bishops, and tons of coils and nothing in my opinion can do what these machines can. There is reduced pain during the tattooing process, customers swear it, healing time is greatly reduced with very little trauma to the skin.... I realize I'm no superstar sponsored artists and my opinion might not mean anything... But do yourself a favor and find away to try one you will be sold I have posted pics on centri's Facebook page if you would to see some of the work Thanks Bill

slicksteel
09-14-2011, 01:06 AM
no pics

tattoosbybill
09-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Sorry bout that I suck at this posting pics thing....... Check out Centri tattoo on Facebook I some how manage to post on his sight.... I'll try this again when I find someone to help me out. ( kind of computer stupid we just can't get along ) check back later today I'll get this right one time

Mr.Taboo
09-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry bout that I suck at this posting pics thing....... Check out Centri tattoo on Facebook I some how manage to post on his sight.... I'll try this again when I find someone to help me out. ( kind of computer stupid we just can't get along ) check back later today I'll get this right one time4231

Inkslingers
09-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Sorry bout that I suck at this posting pics thing....... Check out Centri tattoo on Facebook I some how manage to post on his sight.... I'll try this again when I find someone to help me out. ( kind of computer stupid we just can't get along ) check back later today I'll get this right one time don't know if I got that right...hope this helps you...

slicksteel
09-14-2011, 11:16 AM
looks like all aspects of tattooing can be achieved with it.

tattoosbybill
09-14-2011, 11:20 AM
thank you

tattoosbybill
09-14-2011, 11:32 AM
thanks for posting the pics for me Mike I think I figured out the problem i cant post pics or video from the ipad

slicksteel
09-21-2011, 06:26 PM
The new Batch upgrades are: Aluminum body, Adjustable stroke, and clip cord connections. New size in total length = 3.635 inches.
Thanks for all your support!

Hey mike does this new model have adjustable stroke that is not voltage based-is there an actual physical setting in/on the machine?

Cyberitual
09-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes the centri will have a set screw above the rca to adjust your stroke, and of course you can use the power supply to adjust aswell for a full range of stroke that fits everybody's personal choice.

gangstajay
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
thats damm good idea... wow to see how the rotary has grown in the past year.

slicksteel
09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
very cool idea as you will have a stroke set range then you will be able to vary the power curve within that setting.

Inkslingers
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes the centri will have a set screw above the rca to adjust your stroke, and of course you can use the power supply to adjust aswell for a full range of stroke that fits everybody's personal choice.

I got a little chubby reading that! should more then address any concerns I had about lining with your machine! well done

elbo
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
hogwash.....:)

elbo
09-23-2011, 06:13 PM
just as a example....look at the neotat!....look at the price....look at the guys that use them!...no doubt neotat went through hard times to get where they are now...but there service is second to none....they have support and have proved there selfs...man i want to buy some vivaces....because i know i will never be let down by them.....

Inkslingers
09-23-2011, 08:10 PM
What the _ _ _ _ is that meant to prove....i love the centri and i wish it well....but its still not proved itself to the average tattooer in a street shop! or is it aimed above the average tattooer?....everyone i know bought the stigma range.the dragonfly the hawk etc...but man i cant see it happening with the centri its well overpriced and not proven...dont mean to be shitty but theres even been doubts over its continued production!...man i could buy 3 then see centri go down the pan and when they do die i have to chase about hoping some machinest can make my parts...i may sound down but i would never pay out for the centri....i rember lots of new companies trying to launch there rotarys....none of them said "if i sell this next lot all will be well"or words to that effect!...hey this may be a great machine...if it has the backing to support the buyers then alls good...but if not then the big rotary makers are showing why there way is the best and they dont say "we will produce more if you buy from us"

what the _ _ _ _ was that meant to prove? Absolutely nothing! I was simply making a comment about this machine.( to Mike) Which was, that because of it's original design, I saw limits in the way it could be ran. Because of the adjustable stroke, these limits have been taken away (or should). Just a question here...you say you "love" the Centri? So am I right in assuming that you've run with one and know what the machine can do? If you have, I'm REALLY surprised to see you talking down on it the way that you are...if not? then why are you even talking? All I know is that I HAVE run with one, and was very impressed with it, and look forward to getting the machine(s) that I have ordered. As far as price? That's for you and your pocket to decide. I paid $1300 for 2 Dragonflys, I've paid as much as $2200 for an Aaron Cain, and anyone that knows me will tell you that I've put 50 times that into my collection. So what's $600 for a machine but an investment in another tool to add to my arsenal? Hell, I've blown 3x's that in one night on strippers and "party favors"! I could really care less about the average tattooer in a street shop, or how it has or hasn't proved anything to Joe Shmoe...I dig it, and in the end that's all that matters.

elbo
09-23-2011, 08:48 PM
:) :):)

elbo
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Woooo Hoooo you are a big boy aint you....spending all that cash....and strippers too!....and youre married!!! you seem to think i was having a go at you(or youre stripper friends)...well i wasnt....have a beer and chill.

God knows why you take it the wrong way....i give my opinion and you try to prove you are a Hunk of a man!!!!!

Administrator
09-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Back to your corners gentlemen, the round is over.

fkirons
09-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I look at it this way, from both end: Developer and Tattoo artist. If the machine is $600 and it can last me for a good $500 fair size tattoo it paid itself about 500 times.

If the machine is expensive and it breaks right away and on top of that customer service sucks, then it's a waste of money.

To manufacture in the US is really expensive. Everything has a tag price. You are not only paying for parts, you have to take into consideration the research and development that took the builder to come up with the final result.

I'm not saying that expensive machines are better than fairly price machines but there is a market for everyones budget and need.

My 2 cents

hendricksonart.com
09-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Spending a hefty amount on a good machine can be smart, spending money on a stripper is always stupid. Just saying!!

peter clements
09-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Gaston is right, one substancial tattoo will pay for a machine,plus if you look after said machine,you'll get all if not most of your money back on Ebay for instance-a while ago I sold a Stigma Bizarre and got back about 20% more than what I paid for it.A tattoo machine unlike many other material things,earns it's keep,and if it's truly a great machine will give the owner a great deal of pleasure.Regarding the Centri,what people on this forum have used it have been very impressed,some very much so. I'm gonna give this machine a go,anyway what I spend on tattooing supply is all tax deductable in the UK anyway.

Tattooalley
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I look at it this way, from both end: Developer and Tattoo artist. If the machine is $600 and it can last me for a good $500 fair size tattoo it paid itself about 500 times.

I am not understanding this but I think its a typo or I am an idiot! Either way when you buy anything not just a tattoo machine you are paying for everything including research. Shit I am typing this on a MacBook Pro that cost around $1700 and there is no way there are $1700 worth of parts on this. If there was no profit why would they put hundreds of man hours and there own money into coming up with new ideas. Now I won't pay $600 for a tattoo machine but thats just me but that doesn't mean there not worth it...My 2 cents

Cyberitual
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Holy cow wth is going on in here lol. Am i missing something? Did i not answer a question? Do i have bad customer support? In do time there will be many more reviews from the interested members of this forum who purchased them. Lets all just relax and wait till then to debat my product or my company.

Inkslinger
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
"I could really care less about the average tattooer in a street shop,"
Nice inkslingers...sounds like in that post you pretty much don't care about anything nor anyone or what their opinions are. Then why join a forum?? Is it not so we ALL can voice our opinion and help each other out? AND to discuss our views of the pros and cons of a product?
I for one have personal reasons I don't use certain machines, but never look down nor rip someone that uses it or gives alot of praise to a machine.
JMHP.
Thanks,
Russ

Alie K
09-25-2011, 11:43 PM

If the machine is expensive and it breaks right away and on top of that customer service sucks, then it's a waste of money.

To manufacture in the US is really expensive. Everything has a tag price. You are not only paying for parts, you have to take into consideration the research and development that took the builder to come up with the final result.

I'm not saying that expensive machines are better than fairly price machines but there is a market for everyones budget and need.

My 2 cents

I totally see Gaston's points.

Even as far as something expensive paying for itself, that's how I rationalize some books. If I see a $300 book, and there are only 2 or 3 good references in it, if I feel that those references will end up as a few $500 or $600 tattoos, the book has paid for itself several times, and I get the bonus of looking at the rest of it on occasion for as long as I own it.

I also don't like buying things (especially some tools) sight unseen, but if I see a $600 tattoo machine that appeals to me, and I like the way it feels when I plug it in, I figure it will eventually pay for itself. If it's something special, and I don't like it, and I manage to sell it, hey, any money I get for it will soften the "damn, I wasted money on that piece of poo" feeling.

As far as paying for manufacturing, R&D etc, I totally get that. Especially if something is a new concept - that takes time, energy and money to come to fruition. Once upon a time, only some high end vehicles had a monitor in them to show you how close something was behind you when you back up. Now, several years later, the new concept has been generalized and knocked off and it's in my Mom's minivan.

That's the reason I understand the OTHER side of the coin, where it's reassuring to know that something is tried and true and used for some time before I try it. Stuff like new technology (Windows Vista was a heap of crap, wasn't it?), when people got their new iphones and they would hang up on them in the middle of a call because of the new antenna location (which over time was resolved), medications (thalidomide may have been great for pregnancy nausea, but 2 words - "thalidomide babies" explains enough), I could probably stop now because I'm sure you get the point.

To each their own. Some people like to be the Jones', some people try to keep up with them, some people badmouth them about how frivolous they are.

My 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Cyberitual
09-26-2011, 02:26 AM
I hope when i start selling my machines i can start a new thread about them and ditch this one. Its just lost all perspective on what im trying to achieve here. I just want to share my machine and ideas with you guys. Who cares what it cost, if its to much right now, then sit back and wait alittle till the reviews come in. If by then it sounds like something you would be interested in, then i dont think the price will matter. Come on, lets all go have a beer and laugh alittle.

My 2 cents...

Inkslingers
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
"I could really care less about the average tattooer in a street shop,"
Nice inkslingers...sounds like in that post you pretty much don't care about anything nor anyone or what their opinions are. Then why join a forum?? Is it not so we ALL can voice our opinion and help each other out? AND to discuss our views of the pros and cons of a product?
I for one have personal reasons I don't use certain machines, but never look down nor rip someone that uses it or gives alot of praise to a machine.
JMHP.
Thanks,
Russ
Here we go again...I swear some of you talk just to talk....but I'll try to be cool and explain my comment, which fyi, you totally misunderstood. Another member made a post (which was deleted) that included a statement that the Centri was not worth $600 because it had yet to be proven by the average tattooer in a street shop...I simply said that I could care less about that, because I've had the opprotunity to check out the Centri and was very impressed with it. As it seems that everyone that has ACTUALLY had one in their hands has been!

Invertedpixel
09-27-2011, 03:51 PM
awesome thread. i ate snacks while reading. :D

slicksteel
09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
oooowww the drama lol cant we all just get along! lol:rolleyes:

Administrator
09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.sydlexia.com/blogstuff/runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum.jpg

I would suggest we adjourn this discussion until there are more users who have the machine in hand and have givin' it at least a few good laps around the track. All new start ups have growing pains so we can at least give this one a little time to breath.

elbo
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Here we go again...I swear some of you talk just to talk....but I'll try to be cool and explain my comment, which fyi, you totally misunderstood. Another member made a post (which was deleted) that included a statement that the Centri was not worth $600 because it had yet to be proven by the average tattooer in a street shop...I simply said that I could care less about that, because I've had the opprotunity to check out the Centri and was very impressed with it. As it seems that everyone that has ACTUALLY had one in their hands has been!

If you are refering to me I deleted my posts because as a after thought i realised i was being a little unfair to the builder...i still believe its not worth $600,i still believe its unproven...i still 100% dont think i will buy one...I really think $600 for a machine that has only tickled the balls of the tattoo user world is too much...man the nuema,stigma,neotat werent nothing like that when they were trying for the market.,yeh the builder might be a shit hot tattooist! dont mean hes a engineer or understands what makes a machine work or work for the man in the street....look at the billions of coil frames and coil wrap bullshit....but in the end they all refer to the jenson,p rogers,walker,coleman and many others...others who proved themselves...man i wasnt putting anyone down....just seeing it from my view....So chill a little Russ or pm me to let it all out..

Inkslingers
09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
oooowww the drama lol cant we all just get along! lol:rolleyes: lol I thought we were!

Inkslingers
09-27-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.sydlexia.com/blogstuff/runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum.jpg

I would suggest we adjourn this discussion until there are more users who have the machine in hand and have givin' it at least a few good laps around the track. All new start ups have growing pains so we can at least give this one a little time to breath.

I dig that!!!! enough said

Cyberitual
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Whats the record for the longest thread on this forum?

slicksteel
09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
hmmmm:cool:

Administrator
09-29-2011, 01:18 PM
According to stats in the admin Control Panel:

Most replied to thread: Centri Machines
Most viewed thread: Problems with Dragonfly Tattoo Machine
Most popular forum: Machine Reviews and Comparisons

Cyberitual
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the stats admin, it was just a curiosity thing lol.

Administrator
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
All good, I actually had to remember how to look that function up since I don't use it all the time. :)

tattoosbybill
10-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I have been using the Centri in fact two of them for over two months now wouldn't trade them for the world these machines are amazing..... And all this bitching about them being unproven for 600 bucks is a joke..... Heard of stigma 600 plus..... dragonfly 650 when unproven and the hawk 450 plus there needles almost every rotary coming out of Europe is at least 600 don't hear you bitching about them..... This machine is worth every bit of 600 I will have 3new ones in two weeks and the rest of you will be wondering what you missed out on"....... I will be rockin these machines at the Wilkes Barre tattoo convention in Nov. If your in the area come check them out....... You can put a price limit on your tools this is the future of machines.... So get on board or get left behind

tattoosbybill
10-04-2011, 10:26 PM
It might help if you find someone with a centri ... I've had artists come to my shop just to check this thing out and most of them have placed orders...... So comparing the centri to neotat, bishop stigma dragonfly or hawk or any of the other rotaries is comparing apples to oranges ..... You don't want to spend the money then buy something else but until you have tattooed with this amazing machine you really have nothing to say that matters...... I don't know Mike from Centri personally but after talking with him for hours your not going to find anyone more willing to please his customers so please buy a rotary from Europe or Australia then try to get service

hendricksonart.com
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
<--- waiting tell tax season, have to buy diapers here in a month :)

fkirons
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
600 bucks for an american made machine that has this type of engineering is more than fair.
How many tattoos can you make with this machine? you can pay this machine with half a tattoo!

And it has a swiss motor. that the motor alone costs about 90 bucks.

Cyberitual
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey Bill thanks for the very kind statements you have posted, but i bet if i had a 2012 lamborgini for trade you would op to pay shipping lol! Gaston has the true understanding of why my machine is at the retail that it is. The machine will pay for itself within 3-4 tattoos by the average artist, some could profit before they finish the first one. Im positive that the Centri itself will bring return clients, that alone is priceless.

elbo
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I have been using the Centri in fact two of them for over two months now wouldn't trade them for the world these machines are amazing..... And all this bitching about them being unproven for 600 bucks is a joke..... Heard of stigma 600 plus..... dragonfly 650 when unproven and the hawk 450 plus there needles almost every rotary coming out of Europe is at least 600 don't hear you bitching about them..... This machine is worth every bit of 600 I will have 3new ones in two weeks and the rest of you will be wondering what you missed out on"....... I will be rockin these machines at the Wilkes Barre tattoo convention in Nov. If your in the area come check them out....... You can put a price limit on your tools this is the future of machines.... So get on board or get left behind

I believe the Centri is a great machine...and yep the stigmas are alot of money for a machine that dont seem to last and as ive said in previous posts the stigmas arent proven to be reliable...the dragonfly had lots of testing and yeh it was expensive but from what i found when i looked into them they were tested for a long period before being marketed and i know guys who have been running them for a year plus which to me says the dragofly is proven...I think the hawk has proved itself as long as you forget the dodgey grip and they expensive cartridges...if the hawk didnt have the grip problem(with cleaning and seizing)and the cartridges were cheaper it would be a great machine in my opinion! ive not heard of any problems at the motor end! But lets remember its not $600....I never once said the centri is a crap machine,just in my opinion if it was $500 it would be more of a option for guys who are thinking of trying one...theres alot of tasty great working rotarys out there for $400 or less and they will do the job asked of them....Hey once you guys have run your Centris for a year and alls been well i might buy one....I wasnt bitching...just giving my opinion...which is what i thought this forum was for?...

elbo
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I believe the Centri is a great machine...and yep the stigmas are alot of money for a machine that dont seem to last and as ive said in previous posts the stigmas arent proven to be reliable...the dragonfly had lots of testing and yeh it was expensive but from what i found when i looked into them they were tested for a long period before being marketed and i know guys who have been running them for a year plus which to me says the dragofly is proven...I think the hawk has proved itself as long as you forget the dodgey grip and they expensive cartridges...if the hawk didnt have the grip problem(with cleaning and seizing)and the cartridges were cheaper it would be a great machine in my opinion! ive not heard of any problems at the motor end! But lets remember its not $600....I never once said the centri is a crap machine,just in my opinion if it was $500 it would be more of a option for guys who are thinking of trying one...theres alot of tasty great working rotarys out there for $400 or less and they will do the job asked of them....Hey once you guys have run your Centris for a year and alls been well i might buy one....I wasnt bitching...just giving my opinion...which is what i thought this forum was for?...

I also know the rapiers have proven themselves and are running strong after 2 years of inking.

wildboy
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey Bill thanks for the very kind statements you have posted, but i bet if i had a 2012 lamborgini for trade you would op to pay shipping lol! Gaston has the true understanding of why my machine is at the retail that it is. The machine will pay for itself within 3-4 tattoos by the average artist, some could profit before they finish the first one. Im positive that the Centri itself will bring return clients, that alone is priceless.

The machine itself will bring return clients... Come on... I remember Joe Capobianco saying at his seminar that he believes its the artist that does the tattoo and has the artistic skill and not so much the machine . You need reliable tools thats for sure but no machine will do the tattoo itself... There are way too many machines out there promising to better than the last all of a sudden it feels like a lot of people (unfortunately some not even related to the industry) want to sell you something you dont really need in the first place and make a couple of bucks in the tattooing industry.

No offense for the Centri just mho...

Cyberitual
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
it may sound lame but im gonna treat me and my family to a nice sushi dinner if the Centri will ever make it in that damn Tag Cloud. For some reason that little box in the bottom right corner is haunting me...

slicksteel
10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
lol you are right on that one elbo!
the rapiers do use very expensive motors and very high grade cnc machining and were actually tested by cary and his brother for a long time before being relesased -sure he updated them to rapier 2 and now a 3 is coming(to please people demanded more) out but you can pick up a rapier 1 and still work magic with it!
I think some builders just want to make a shit load of money off the (I want and must have the latest and greatest crowd of consumers,just like cell phone geeks!)people out there. I myshelf will only pay what i feel the product is worth regardess of how much money it will make me(when in fact it is me makeing the money not the machine,i can make used low doller coil machine work just as well.
I think the whole tag line builders use nowdays to sell there rotary machines is "look how much money it will make you"
Its funny because coil builders are made fun of when they take a frame and parts from other makers and just put it together and tune it.Yet most rotary builders do this to,do they machine the parts etc-no they just put them together. neo ,rapier, kubin and a few others actually do the work and these guys that are working the hardest are actualy offering the fairest prices across the board.

elbo
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
The machine itself will bring return clients... Come on... I remember Joe Capobianco saying at his seminar that he believes its the artist that does the tattoo and has the artistic skill and not so much the machine . You need reliable tools thats for sure but no machine will do the tattoo itself... There are way too many machines out there promising to better than the last all of a sudden it feels like a lot of people (unfortunately some not even related to the industry) want to sell you something you dont really need in the first place and make a couple of bucks in the tattooing industry.

No offense for the Centri just mho...

What ive said all along...it wont make you a better tattooer....i say tattooer cos i will never call myself a artist and i agree with the opinions of so many tattooers who call themselves craftsmen...it is a craft...theres a craft to using a machine....Man you can be the best oil painter artist mutha in the world...grab a tattoo machine and it aint gonna work....i tried carsons machine for 6 months but still tattooed like me haha...ive learnt there are no machines that make you better...i just look for a machine that is hassle free and can last a few years...not 20 years like the coil(but what a great invention)and thats all ive said all along...i wish the centri well....

elbo
10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
lol you are right on that one elbo!
the rapiers do use very expensive motors and very high grade cnc machining and were actually tested by cary and his brother for a long time before being relesased -sure he updated them to rapier 2 and now a 3 is coming(to please people demanded more) out but you can pick up a rapier 1 and still work magic with it!
I think some builders just want to make a shit load of money off the (I want and must have the latest and greatest crowd of consumers,just like cell phone geeks!)people out there. I myshelf will only pay what i feel the product is worth regardess of how much money it will make me(when in fact it is me makeing the money not the machine,i can make used low doller coil machine work just as well.
I think the whole tag line builders use nowdays to sell there rotary machines is "look how much money it will make you"
Its funny because coil builders are made fun of when they take a frame and parts from other makers and just put it together and tune it.Yet most rotary builders do this to,do they machine the parts etc-no they just put them together. neo ,rapier, kubin and a few others actually do the work and these guys that are working the hardest are actualy offering the fairest prices across the board.

Hey slick many words of truth there....i know a few well known tattooers who were ...hmmmm lets say given their machines by certain rotary builders so they could build up the list of "look who uses them"...the thing is they dont use them now! probably cos they fell apart after 6 months..

elbo
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
it may sound lame but im gonna treat me and my family to a nice sushi dinner if the Centri will ever make it in that damn Tag Cloud. For some reason that little box in the bottom right corner is haunting me...

You will do...just give it time....

slicksteel
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
That marketing 101!, for sure I was going to college for product graphic design in the states and when I was told that I needed to believe in a bogus product and convince others that they need to have it or their lives will not be complete or they will not be as good as the next guy I told them to shove it an dropped that goal real fast.
Its funny I am no more happier now then I was 20 years ago when there was less tech all around and all I had to tattoo with was two old spauldings and a converted ham radio power supply.

Cyberitual
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
All lines start some were...where you choose to stand is your choice.

Dman
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Alll I got to say is the cream always rises to the top. The Stigmas were all the hype last year but I see most of us here on the forum do not prefer them. I spent 700 on my Fly and 600 on the Hyper and I still love my Rapiers and Neo Tats the best. It all comes down to preference. If your product is built solid it will find a home.

Nedz
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
This thread has been really interesting to read but I feel I have to say something in defense of the small machine builder. The people that build machines usually do it because they are passionate about what they do, I know am. I have spoken to this builder and he is a genuine person that believes in his product and I met Gaston at the Tattoo Jam in were I showed him my machine, he gave me loads of advice for free so I can tell he a good person as well. We build these machines so you guys have an easier life tattooing if it was not for people pushing the envelope we would all still be using direct drive rotaries or coil machines. I know at the moment rotaries are the latest gadget so to speak, so some companies are just jumping on the band wangon and charging 500-600 dollars for something thats just a copy of someone elses idea. Some of the others genuinely do cost a lot to produce especially if they are made in small batches of 50-100 and use 5 axis CNC's to create the lovely shapes people expect and use swiss motors at 90 dollars each. So guys please slow down get some facts and when the machine is out there if its got some problems shout about it then. At least with us small builders changes and flaws can be addressed quickly unlike the bigger companies that are already committed.

Administrator
10-05-2011, 03:19 PM

That stupid thing haunts me too. Its never worked as it was supposed to since day one. It is supposed to start learning popular tags and populate its self. I have added centri and centri tattoo machine to tag this thread.

oh and don't get mad if you don't see it right away the tag cloud updates on its own on a schedule usually once a day.