PDA

View Full Version : instructions for lubing the Bishop!

phil geck
06-09-2011, 01:58 AM
i really need to lube my bishop, but not sure if i should take it apart and do so...? i emailed them directly and i got a reply saying there were instructions included with my lube packets... there were none. other than saying i needed to do so every 6 weeks...
does anyone know out there if i should clean the old lube out? take my bishop apart? any ideas?

Davidbautista90
06-09-2011, 03:37 AM
first unscrew the screws on the front, unscrew the ones on the bottom and slide the motor/bottom out, pull the slider out, lube the area where the slider rubs against the body, Todd told me to use the whole lube packet cuss the bishop would just push out whatever it doesnt need anyways. when you put the motor back in you have to play with the slider to get it into the position for the cam to slide in. Screw in the bottom screws and tighten the screws on the front. that's it, and you can change the pictures if you'd like too.

Janne
06-09-2011, 06:56 AM
first unscrew the screws on the front, unscrew the ones on the bottom and slide the motor/bottom out, pull the slider out, lube the area where the slider rubs against the body, Todd told me to use the whole lube packet cuss the bishop would just push out whatever it doesnt need anyways. when you put the motor back in you have to play with the slider to get it into the position for the cam to slide in. Screw in the bottom screws and tighten the screws on the front. that's it, and you can change the pictures if you'd like too.

Do you guys know where can i get more lube?

Davidbautista90
06-09-2011, 08:34 AM
http://bishoprotary.blogspot.com/ it has todd's number, try calling him and asking him directly

Zapp
06-09-2011, 08:49 AM
This is the stuff what you get with your machine !
http://www.super-lube.com/greases-synthetic-multipurpose-grease-c-4_9.htm

Alie K
06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Do you really have to dismantle the Bishop to lube it?

phil geck
06-10-2011, 02:38 AM
thank you very much.. that was i was thinking i had to do... just wasn't sure if i should take it apart..

peter clements
06-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Do you really have to dismantle the Bishop to lube it?

I'd like to know too, I hope Franco reads this. I didn't get any lube or instructions with my machine.

ground zero tattoos
06-08-2012, 09:03 PM
With the lube pack it says to go to the web site for instructions on lubing the bishop. I couldn't find it any place on the web site. Its a simple thing we just want to take proper care of are machines. Help....

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I got instructions included with my Capo. The Capo is similar except for the dust cover. Unfortunately, the lubing instructions are in the shop atm. If I get in there in the next day or so, I'll try to scan them for ya. But yeah, Davidbautista explains it pretty well on the second reply.

Wonderland
06-09-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.afrofashionidol.com/images/4511871_1_Vaseline_Pure_Petroleum_Jelly (1).jpg

when lubing my bishop, a litte of this in your palm .....

oh wait wrong forum. :)

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Here is a copy of the Bishop cleaning/lubing instructions included with my Capo. Straight from the man himself (Franco, not me)!