PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Flite Nano

poleson
03-14-2015, 12:21 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/13/54b5eb938f2c0c98cbf3564b7cc5ad0d.jpg

Byron just posted this teaser photo today. As a guy who only uses the flite v2.1 I am super excited about this.

Does anyone know anything about this new flite?

AltarVinz
03-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Where do I have to send my money ?!

poleson
03-15-2015, 01:09 AM
Here are my observations:

This is probably a limited edition brass version. Most will likely be plastic with cool designs and colors.

The rca is behind the motor. This would be nice to keep the cord further away from the back of the hand for better ergonomics. I was also worried that with the flite v2 I could potentially get water through the tube and into the top of the rca jack. So this is a small improvement.

The entire motor chamber looks thinner .....a new motor? I have no quarrels with the v2 brushless motor. It runs much faster than anything I've used. And it's smooth and never bogs down. What could be improved upon?

If this is the vice version then the little bit just above the K could be a small vice lever that presses the tube upwards when locked....just a wild guess really.

Looks like the same stroke cams and flex give bars.

Anyways, I don't know why I want one yet but I know I want one.

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 12:39 AM
Last weekend I got to scope it at the Australian Tattoo Expo. It's a neat little thing. Yes definitely a new motor. You are correct about the vice lever. That is a prototype and being that it is metal it's way, way heavier that the v2.1, but I was told that it would be available in different materials. The rca is on the upper rear of the machine, going upwards instead of rearwards. I look forward to these being in production.

Also they have a new 3.2 mm cam available.

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 10:59 PM
Whoops I was mistaken about the RCA plug direction. It's back but they had an L-shaped jack going into the prototype.

DougHardy
03-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Also the vice release is super easy to work, it acts like a gun trigger; you hold the Nano in your hand with the top of the machine going towards the web between the thumb and forefinger and then squeeze the release. The one-handed release also makes for the easiest adjustment of a tube I've ever had in a machine, coil or rotary.

poleson
03-23-2015, 03:37 AM
Really appreciate the info DougHardy.

fkirons
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM
It looks like it may be using the flat Faulhaber pancake motor. Unless there is something else out there that I must need to be aware of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Steel
03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
the faulhaber has way to little power and speed to push what an inkjecta normaly pushes , so i guess it's the same brushless maxon?

fkirons
03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
the faulhaber has way to little power and speed to push what an inkjecta normaly pushes , so i guess it's the same brushless maxon?

I know. But for what I can see on the picture it looks likening it would be using the same brushless motor the machine would look a bit bulkier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throwhammers
03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
that brushless motor was a custom maxon specifically for the inkjecta according to them. maybe they had a new custom one made?

Jack Steel
03-24-2015, 09:11 PM
or they removed the cirquit board?

No Iron Machines
03-25-2015, 03:05 AM
JACK, that u remove the circuit i think don work the BRUSHLESS motor...

No Iron Machines
03-25-2015, 03:06 AM
the INKJECTA is already small and lightere as fuck, why something even smaller ????? crazy but supercool

fkirons
03-25-2015, 10:21 AM
or they removed the cirquit board?

You can't remove the circuit board on a brushless motor. Driver is required to control it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slicksteel
03-25-2015, 12:05 PM
to me it look like they improved the tube vice to make it more of a quick adjust as people are using alot of disposable nowdays or solid stainless non adjustable grips.And some people complained about the rca being to low in the way. The first ones are great machines and this one looks like a natural progression based on customer needs...

cagelavey
03-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Wonder if there will be a combo version?

DougHardy
03-29-2015, 12:35 PM
I honestly don't know. The design seems so set in it's new quick release vice but it probably wouldn't be unheard of that they will make one.

I love the cheyenne grip, but more and more I'm finding that disposables are becoming better and better and there are many choices to be able to get one that just feels great in one's hand. Losing the ability to easily fine tune the needle throw with some clicks is annoying for around 5 minutes, but I tattooed for over 20 years without it, so it's no big deal whatsoever.

poleson
05-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Byron has a picture video on his instagram. I took screen shots of each frame and made this collage. I think I'm a bit obsessed :rolleyes:

DougHardy
05-20-2015, 01:26 PM
God damnit I really want these to be released asap haha

Renetat2
03-27-2016, 02:15 AM
Any word on this machine?

blackdeath
03-31-2016, 05:50 AM
Release date is the 26th April.

https://youtu.be/XxvjsVvwG8A

http://www.inkjecta.com/

http://www.instagram.com/inkjecta