PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Pen

AltarVinz
03-14-2015, 09:40 PM
Got it today, and I have to admit It's the best rotary I had so far.

Simple, versatile, 0 vibration, powerfull ( yet not hitting like a truck ), light....

Lines very well with 7-15 liner 10-10,5 v (no doubt it will be the same with different needle config, single pass and solid Lines.

Almost like a Hawk thunder but with a softer hit. The pen shape is a plus, the machine is a flawless direct drive.

joelhague
03-15-2015, 05:31 AM
And what about your wallet how does your wallet feel , ahaha jk good to hear man! Some people were saying it hit harder then a thunder but I didn't believe it

acink
03-15-2015, 05:52 AM
Have you ever ran a stylus AltarVinz ? If so how does it compare to the stylus been on the bench on buying the Hawk Pen my co workers all use Cheyenne (http://www.tattoosupplies.eu/cheyenne-rotary-machines-en/cheyenne-thunder-tattoo-machine-en) machines Im only one using t-techs could work better for me with the pen when ordering cearts

OwlsDen
03-15-2015, 07:10 AM
I heard the strike was shorter more like the spirit. I assumed it wouldn't be good for lining

AltarVinz
03-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Sorry I have never used a stylus so I can't compare with. 3.6 stroke is really nice for lining and the hit is between Thunder and Spirit ( at least what the tattooist feels).
Ran it at 10.5 v for 15 rl lines and they came solid single pass with few to no learning curve.

evol777
03-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Anyone else have a hawk pen? Also very interested in a comparison to the stylus. - Thanks

MR-NME
03-17-2015, 04:36 PM
i just ordered the hawk pen and will give it a try in the next few days , i also have a stylus h i have been using so i will give my opinion inane comparison shortly...

darkness
03-18-2015, 04:37 AM
Stroke is 3.5 and run like a thunder but a bit more on the softer side -think because the stroke , the stylus is more soft and can not push Cheyenne carts

Tattoohannes
03-19-2015, 06:14 AM
I had a chance to test the pen and itīs just that what I expected.A simple machine that gets the job done....straight and simple....I lined ,shaded and packed color with it without any problems.The thing I like about it, as the thunder as well ,is that the range of workability covers the hole spectrum. From really low like 6 volts to all the way up to 13 volts.Itīs a matter of what you prefer.Compared to the thunder Iīd say itīs a little smoother which sounds a little awkward cause it has no give (like the Spektra Edge which is my favorite by the way).I think it suits well for the guys who are on the realistic train because it seemed very accurate to me.
Hope that helps

AltarVinz
03-19-2015, 10:26 AM
You can make some very nice oldschool too. But you gotta be extra light hand and feathering more than whiping. The perfect and ultimate machine would be a hawkpen with the edge x give. I' d buy 5 of them for the shop whatever the price.

OwlsDen
03-19-2015, 10:49 AM
You can make some very nice oldschool too. But you gotta be extra light hand and feathering more than whiping. The perfect and ultimate machine would be a hawkpen with the edge x give. I' d buy 5 of them for the shop whatever the price.

You know FK have a pen coming out

AltarVinz
03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
I know and have huge expectation about the pen from Gaston.

tatoo-kid
03-25-2015, 03:50 PM
So I got the cheyenne pen and I have to say that is really fun to work with.
Is so easy to use all the angle from the magnums, it really gives a lot of freedome.
I tryed in a dog portrait, so not hardlines, but the shading goes fast and smooth, faster then the cheyenne spitit, but with the same smoothness.

MR-NME
03-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with starting up the pen? I have a brand new critical tattoo power supply with s kickstart option and it won't start up with a cheyenne cart until 11.5 volts and 9.5 with a t-tech cart.. I've heard others having this problem with the cheyenne psu2 as well- seems this should've been worked out pre release!

tatoo-kid
03-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Yes I had this problem with the Eikon PS, I guess It needs the start up cable. But with the cheyenne PU works perfect.
I tryed to line today, and I have to say hands down the machine is great, It lines better then my Stingray X2.
I know that some people is having some trouble with this machine, but seems easy to repair, I know that the price is too much, special for something that still need some update,
but till now in my opinion the best rotary I ever tryed.

PS: I never tried the Spektra X, so im not comparing with that.

tatoo-kid
03-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Here the 2 pieces I've done with the machine....

cagelavey
03-26-2015, 05:15 PM
I use a critical with the pen, without start up cable, no problems. I've had to turn up the volts to start a Cheyenne cart when I first put the cart in(just a couple times) but after it starts the first time runs at any voltage without having to turn it up, with no problem, only happened a few times also., js, with t techs, no issues what so ever. Lines flawless at 10.5-11v

tatoo-kid
03-26-2015, 06:04 PM
At this voltage shure the machine starts, specialy with a critical PS that by nature gives more volts than shows.
Im running my machine around 8v, for everything.
Try to run like that without kickstart.

crabink
03-26-2015, 07:30 PM
i hope gaston makes the pen adjustable stroke...

needlemaniak
03-26-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't see Gaston going backward, so if the Edge has adjustable stroke, I suppose his future machines will too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

przink
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM
I removed the surge board from my Thunder...changed both the Spirit and Thunder to RCA. I use TTechs...and start on 8v no issues. It seems to run smoother as well. Although I leave my machine running for long periods of time.

Gabrielfernandeztattoos
04-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Question about the pen. I gut one and I tattoo with T-tech, what I C I s that T-tech dosnt come with therubber inside that dosnt let the ink pass to the machine. the thunder have the possibility to remove the grip and be sterilized giving option to clean also the hitting bar of the machine. How does it work with the pen, cos I dont C a way to remove the grip to make it clean inside. Is this like a way to push people to buy cheyenne crts only or?. Thanks in advance. By the way, The pen works super badass.

artoftatt2
04-19-2015, 10:58 PM
The machine is a cesspool for nastiness if you can't autoclave the grip or the bar your putting people at risk .. Regardless of what carts you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AltarVinz
04-19-2015, 11:42 PM
I think you gave the answer : Cheyenne carts only !

Tattoohannes
04-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Just twist the grip off and put in the autoclav...not that complicated

Gabrielfernandeztattoos
04-20-2015, 05:44 PM
The grip is a cap that even if is out of the machine the hitting bar is not exposed. Or there is a way to open it. Without braking it of course. Any ideas?

OwlsDen
04-20-2015, 05:49 PM
The grip is a cap that even if is out of the machine the hitting bar is not exposed. Or there is a way to open it. Without braking it of course. Any ideas?

Can you take some pictures? This is hard to envision

JoeyJimz
06-23-2015, 03:48 AM
lol damn i gotta agree i want one kinda but that price has me saying fuck that

OwlsDen
06-23-2015, 03:56 AM
lol damn i gotta agree i want one kinda but that price has me saying fuck that

I got one. Love it. If you have ever used a Cheyenne machine, it's exactly what you would expect. Very smooth running.

Although FKI will have one soon. I am pretty interested in having that one. I assume it will surpass the HawkPen

Ruben Barahona
11-16-2015, 10:48 AM
I just got my hawk pen, and it gives me solid lines with 10 volts, what voltage recommendation do you guys have for color packing and soft shading? I use a Eikom 300, thank you