PDA

View Full Version : new rotary ! Spekra

robinTS
06-09-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.spektrarotary.com/

looks nice.

Zapp
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Thats the one gaston from FK irons show us a few weeks ago at facebook !

Administrator
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Glad to see its finally announced, I will check with Gaston to remind him to make a post here to update the info. The original post was hidden at Gason's request. He wanted to share the info but got a bit of an overwhelming response. It looks like they wanted to focus on getting the release date and the pre oder info sorted out before talking anymore about the new machine.

fkirons
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Yes we have some engineering corrections that put us back to do a new proto that is finally collecting hours.
I will keep you guys posted we hope to get real pictures soon.
Almost there. Studying some finishes alternative other than anodizing. May have some interesting chrome plating finishes as well excited to see how thus turns out

Mr.Taboo
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow that is a beauty , this'll be goin' on the must get list.

tattoosbybill
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
know anyone who would trade a dragonfly for one?

Cyberitual
06-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Mmmmm i want to feel the true like coil give. Nice solidworks though.

fkirons
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Centri have you built coils in the past would like to see your history as a builder.

Cyberitual
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
no ive never built a machine in my life this is my first one. Mechanical history is not a issue, I come from a family that worked for nasa two generations now. Sucks that there shutting it down to private contractors but thats just one of my anger issues of mine. If it comes down to that being a issue, buy one and let me know, it has a international patent on it so i dont care. We have wonderful lawyers too lol.

slicksteel
06-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I love this one by you cyber:

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/133/97e08f9cd354400382c32299c5ac4b85/l.jpg

fkirons
06-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Great Man :)
The rendering is in 3d max. Th Cad was done in Pro Engineer not solid work, although all my coils frames are in SolidWorks.

I was noticing that either the centri is too big or the nipple of your armature is too small.
What's the diameter of the motor you are using.

slicksteel
06-13-2011, 08:55 PM
that computer shit looks so real i can almost feel it!

Ink Pagoda
06-13-2011, 09:35 PM
This is 1 great looking rotary, I pretty sure I'm going to put my money on 1 of these when it comes out. One question on www.spektrarotary.com it says optional stroke mods, what sizes might those come in? 2.5 maybe?

gravyray
06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
LOL tattooing ain't NASA and NASA ain't tattooing. lol

Administrator
06-14-2011, 12:08 AM
LOL tattooing ain't NASA and NASA ain't tattooing. lol

Its not Rocket Science after all ;)

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 03:41 AM
LOL yea i didnt want to say rocket scientist, sounds old but thats what they were. I learned alot from them. Before i became a tattoo artist i was a communication technician for all military branches. We worked on microwave towers and assited on production of communication satellites. I made close to 200,000 a year. When 911 hit, and we lost the twin towers, We lost the largest communications switch in the united states. Every company owned 3 floors each filled with com systems. The microwave antenna we lost was service by our company. Needless to say i lost my job the next day. So that expensive lifestyle about slapped me in the face, got divorced and i promised my self i would never ever work for anyone ever again. I always loved art so i decided to become a tattoo artist. I have been doing this for 8 years now. I always wanted to make a machine and seeing what was on the market, and what everyone was striving to achieve, i wanted in. I loved all the different styles of machines you guys have created. I wanted one of my own. Its gonna be a fun ride...

Cyberitual
06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Great Man :)
The rendering is in 3d max. Th Cad was done in Pro Engineer not solid work, although all my coils frames are in SolidWorks.

I was noticing that either the centri is too big or the nipple of your armature is too small.
What's the diameter of the motor you are using.

I didnt think size would matter lol, this is sounding weird now lol. Im not going to give out any specs on my system. But i can give you a clue, its the size of 75 cents! If that makes any sence ;) There is a new video in the centri tattoo thread, check it out!

fyxation
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
gaston, super pumped for the spektra! you're actually taking your time to make sure this thing will perform and thats awesome. anyone that has ever used an FK can see the quality and i have no doubt your new rotary will rock. as for the centri machine, the drive system seems great, but even after watching the video of him using it, it still seems massive! not sure what to think yet

fkirons
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys. Some of you know how long I've been working on this, some other people have no clue and pop here to flame a bit. I don't care, part of the business. I think the main thing in this industry is to remain humble no matter how well known you are or not. Bottom line, integrity will take you far. Opportunism and arrogance will bring you down.

If I wouldn't have listen to critics and feedback from others I would have never invested a minute in this machine.
I think Cybervirtual should take critics as feedback and not as bashing (which is the way his first post here sounded to me, yet I kept it cool)
I personally think the Centric is too big, to me size matter. The less I have hanging from the back of my grip the better.

I wasn't clear why someone wouldn't want to give specs of motors when we are talking about preordering...I just got a headache again.

fkirons
06-15-2011, 12:25 AM
This is 1 great looking rotary, I pretty sure I'm going to put my money on 1 of these when it comes out. One question on www.spektrarotary.com it says optional stroke mods, what sizes might those come in? 2.5 maybe?

1.3- 2.5mm

Administrator
06-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Did someone say turtles?

Back on topic, do you have a ball park weight on the new Spekra machine Gaston?

Alie K
06-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Looks cool! Nice and compact!

fkirons
06-15-2011, 02:30 AM
the proto in 7075 weights 3 oz.

Zapp
06-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys. Some of you know how long I've been working on this, some other people have no clue and pop here to flame a bit. I don't care, part of the business. I think the main thing in this industry is to remain humble no matter how well known you are or not. Bottom line, integrity will take you far. Opportunism and arrogance will bring you down.

If I wouldn't have listen to critics and feedback from others I would have never invested a minute in this machine.
I think Cybervirtual should take critics as feedback and not as bashing (which is the way his first post here sounded to me, yet I kept it cool)
I personally think the Centric is too big, to me size matter. The less I have hanging from the back of my grip the better.

I wasn't clear why someone wouldn't want to give specs of motors when we are talking about preordering...I just got a headache again.
Thats the difference,some people making a lot of blabla and nothing happend !
Other just doing it and speak less !
You know what i mean !
Looking forward to check out your new machine !

derekta2
06-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Whats the warranty on you're your machine? Really interested in getting one.

Jan Li
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I love your new machines fallen king i hope i can get my hands on one when it comes out!!

jan li

fkirons
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Warranty as my coils. Motor and parts subject to wear 1 year. Manufacture defects covered 100

Cyberitual
06-17-2011, 05:28 AM
To everyone who visited this thread and presumed that i was rude in my first post in here, Sorry to have come across that way. Me and Gaston have talked it over and realized it was a misinterpretation that turned into a little drama.Sorry if i made anybody uncomfortable in this thread. I hope that any judgments made in this thread will be disregarded. Thanks and sorry again.

spoonertattoos
06-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Glad you guys squashed it. You both seem to know your shit.

fkirons
06-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I have created a facebook for the Spektra Halo. You can follow the production there. Feel free to add us as a friend and spread the love.
There are some new renderings from the production CAD with different views and colors.
Soon I'll have pictures of the real thing.
The URL is www.facebook.com/spektrarotary

Tommy
06-19-2011, 03:53 AM
I have one question for you Gaston...

WHEN?

slicksteel
06-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Gaston/Fk Irons could you please describe/ explane how your new rotary machine works(internals that make it different then then the Rapiers, Dragon flys, Stigmas and how the hit/needle grouping penatration is(ie- forward needle velocity speed/power ,back pull speed),How does it perform for lining, shading and color packing is(per common needles sizes?).

fkirons
06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
The cylindrical designed slider is the main highlight as well as
the weight and size of the piston and overall slider weight.
It has a spring that simulates the tension of an 18g with a 3.5mm stroke (standard stroke wheel)
Optional springs available (16g and 20g)
The back off limit is around 2.5mm

The set screw, stainless steel piston and stainless steel abar gives the slider a nice weight that assists in penetration.
This is the main feature I looked for because I always had trouble outlining
with rotaries and I think I have achieved it. It really shoves the pigment with ease.

The slider has also grooves around it's diameter design to trap the grease and not expel it distributing good lubrication while machine is running. The design of the slider provides motion with minimal Friction, stability and noiseless performance.
It also has an up state spring that remains always hidden,
It's in the front.

As far as needle grouping it pushes mags and rounds with ease, big or small.
The tensioner is on the side making it easier to operate. (debating wether to include it or not)
I have protos with and without. (suggestions are welcome)

The frame is smooth all around which it and the material has been kept to the minimal.
The machine weights around 3oz.

We are testing an option with the motor attached to the RCA cap to make the release of it easier
and cableless.

Other than that is not a magical machine and it's still requires a talented artist to tattoo with it. :)
Regarding comparisons. I think this machine is just as good as most quality made rotaries.
Each artist will have a different opinion.

Zapp
06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
This i will call modesty and makes you more to a great machine builder and artist !

Cyberitual
06-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey Gaston, what is the frame or housing made of, I found that to be the most expensive process in building a machine.

Tommy
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
As a dragonfly user, I really like the tensioner. Its a huge selling point for me.

peter clements
06-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Agreed, definitly include the tensioner, and yours looks great set on the side, and please include an option for those of us who prefer clipcord. Gaston, are you sentimental about some of your earlier machines (weeping during the night, wishing you had them back) ? I have an early Zen you sold me #18 from your own stash I believe, set up as a color packer. I'll swap you it back for the new rotary if you like........plus a Tee shirt :)

slicksteel
06-21-2011, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the enfo gaston! ,i say leave the tension device but make it easy remove if the artists does not dig it, the motor and wireless rca sounds great that way you could also do a clipcord one for those folks. I like the idea of the piston weight as I have found that rotary that are to light for large groups need to be pushed in which kind of defeats the purpose of being light in the first place.
Looks to be a winner!

jeffcovell
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks like a very sweet machine.

fkirons
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Frame is made out aluminum. and yes and it is the most complicated and expensive part of the machine, unless you do die cast, graphite cast or investment casting and for that you have to justify quantities.
Tensioner will stay.

Rotar
06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
. . . . . . i need to get one soon. . . . . . I like the Spektra Halo in white. . . very clean. . . :)

hendricksonart.com
06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
rotary works has a cylinder slider

fkirons
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
rotary works has a cylinder slider

different concept though.

Rattus
06-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Look real nice Gaston. Very promising.

I will say this, as long as I've heard the name Fallen King or FKIrons,
I have never heard one bad thing about a machine from this guy.
and I bet this rotary will kick some serious ass.

Zophod12
07-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Those white ones are sick! Hope theres clip cord option, I freaking hate RCA

JohnnyChaos
07-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Will you have any at Tattoojam dude? If so I might have to take some more pennies with me :)

JCarlton
07-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Very exited about these. Gaston always gives 100 percent on his machines. I expect nothing less on this latest endeavour.

fkirons
07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
thank you Josh. Unfortunately, yes, I will have a clipcord adaptor :D

fkirons
07-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Will you have any at Tattoojam dude? If so I might have to take some more pennies with me :)

I am trying to make it happen there. I just got some minor issues that may forbid me from leaving those days. But I do have a booth and I'm one of the sponsors of the events.

peter clements
07-03-2011, 12:02 PM
We must have some t shirts with the new Spektra on.

Cthulhu73
07-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I can honestly say I have not been this excited about a new machine in quite some time. Can't wait for this one!! Putting off a 3rd Dragonfly until this drops.

gamera55
07-16-2011, 09:18 PM
cant wait!!