PDA

View Full Version : New Sabre Rotary - Made in the UK

INKWORKX
04-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Check this out

The only tattoo machine to feature a “One Touch” adjustable hit.
Within 1 single revolution it gives you ultra hard to ultra soft, all indexed so you can remember your favourite setting.

Features ABS practical wipe clean body and a Maxon motor

Made in the UK

Click the Link to Discover Sabre
http://thetattooshop.co.uk/sabre/

Customer Review
Just want to give you the rundown on this new Sabre Rotary.
Don’t get this machine confused with the dragonfly/stingray the Sabre is completely different.
They have a slightly longer throw and they hit harder that will give you more flexibility especially when using big magnums as most people do.
The needle tensioner is lower so not to put to much tension on the armature.
It is lighter and being ABS gives a much nicer tone when running and is very easy to wipe down after use.
The tension dial is marked from 1 to 10 so you can remember where to dial to for each needle group.

Mark Goulding (Marked for Life UK)

casey
04-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Hey INKWORK are you Marked for life in Chorley ? I live in Coppull bud

darkness
04-06-2015, 05:15 PM
No special one but good advertising ...the one hit adjustment is only a give knobe like a lot other machines with this design. On the pic is a maxon dcx Logo but its showing a re-max and in the specs you See its only a normal maxon . Dragonfly and stingray have more power and is very similar. For me its looks like a better clone with maxon Motor but 395 GBP + tax ???? Very expensiv for this

darkness
04-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Ah sorry -i See its now 299 gbp

INKWORKX
04-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Hi Darkness, the "one touch" hit goes from soft to hard in one turn and it also has more power than the Dragonfly. £299 is a bargain for a machine
of this quality with a Maxon and Made in the UK.

eric03
04-07-2015, 02:18 AM
i like the white one. cool. will u b having a us distributor inkworkx?

darkness
04-07-2015, 04:05 AM
the new Dragonfly have 6w motor , the skin2 have 4.5 watt motor Remax and the sabre 4.5w - its only more power compared to the old one

INKWORKX
04-07-2015, 10:35 AM
I presume you are comparing like for like? Both Maxon. We did many tests with a more powerful Maxon and the results were by far not as good as the end result.

Seanaskew19
04-08-2015, 04:58 AM
Ah sorry -i See its now 299 gbp

£299 plus VAT = approx £360 for us in the UK. A lot of cash to try something and hope for the best. I never trust reviews on web pages so for that price, I'll stick to what I know. Unless of course a recommendation comes from someone whose opinion I value.

slicksteel
04-08-2015, 10:36 AM
I interested ,looks cool.it says abs body is that like the ego v2? Is their warranty on the body from stress cracks etc?

INKWORKX
04-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi Seanaskew19 (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/9287-Seanaskew19)
I disagree £299 is a lot of cash for your main tool of the trade.

INKWORKX
04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi SlickSteel,

The machine comes with a no nonsense 12 month warranty on everything. We are confident this will not even be an issue.

Seanaskew19
04-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Hi Seanaskew19 (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/9287-Seanaskew19)
I disagree £299 is a lot of cash for your main tool of the trade.

Fair point, but it wouldn't be my main tool, it would be in addition to my main tools, therefore an expensive purchase for me, especially when I havnt read any indepentand feedback on it.

INKWORKX
04-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Generally a tattooist uses a handful of machines. £299 for a main tool or secondary tool is a fair price.
The machine has to be a commercial price due to production costs and a Maxon motor, ask any machine builder.

INKWORKX
04-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Reviews from actual customers will follow on this forum ASAP.:cool:

Seanaskew19
04-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Sorry, I think I my not be explaining myself, I'm not disputing the price, just the fact that because I know nothing about it, it would be an expensive "experiment" for me. Sorry for any confusion caused.

INKWORKX
04-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Ok message to Darkness you are quoting different watt motors ie more being more powerfull in theory yes but does a 4liter car have more power than a 3 liter not necessarily
i have used dragonflys since they were first launched years ago and have always loved them but as time has passed and tattoos have evolved they have gone bigger ie doing full sleeves full back pieces nearly every day so now i use alot bigger mags than i used to and in my opinion the dragonflys are just not quite powerfull ,but after using the Sabre for the last 18 months my dragnflys and my Stingray are never used now and the Sabre puts in cleaner lines than the Stingray
also the sabre is nearly £100 cheaper and seanaskew19 if you used a sabre for one day it will have paid for it's self

Seanaskew19
04-08-2015, 03:35 PM
My apologies, I didn't realise it had been around for 18 months, I thought it was a brand new machine. Will look out for any reviews on here.

Yes it would definately have paid for itself after 1 days work with it. Provided it suited the way I work and made it past the first hour. But just so we are clear, I DO actually like the look of it, and any genuine machine builder from the UK gets a thumbs up from me.

I have no knowledge of the science and technology side of this, I just use rotaries all day, every day. Apart from Sundays when I'm at church.

eric03
04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
i pm'd u inkworkx hit me back

Administrator
04-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Reviews from actual customers will follow on this forum ASAP.:cool:

I guess you make or sell this machine? Cause otherwise this would sound rather shill.

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 02:11 AM
Hi,
I tested the machine for 18 months.

eric03
04-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Ok so, I'm always interested in new machines. I try not to hate until I can try it for myself.so I did attempt to purchase the sabre. What threw me off right away though was the only website u can buy it is thetattooshop.com. Right away u start to think, is this some kind of fake site bc their pricing is completely bat shit crazy! For example, they r selling a bishop for $937? Or stencil stuff for $45? N other products are equally priced way over the standard retail price. Aside from that, the sabre is $530. A lil high but still worth a try if u have the money. Then, when u go to check out, an $88 tax is attached to it. $620 for this sabre rotary seems a lil too high in my opinion. So I ofcourse decided against getting it until another distributor is offered or the price changes. I emailed the company about it n they replied saying it's just them trying to b competitive with other companies n Amazon? Well, ok then. So if u r interested in buying it, that's what u will deal with. Seems a lil crazy to me when companies like fk irons, bishop,tatsoul offer great pricing with great customer service. So id b interested to hear anyone who has had an experience with thetattooshop.com

Seanaskew19
04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
This whole thing seems weird, who built it? Any actual photos? A video maybe? Any reviews from people not actually involved with selling it?

Like you say Eric03 all that stuff is standard practice really from the genuine builders that post on here.

eric03
04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Exactly Sean. I see they sell tattoo kits so u have to wonder if they r just trying to get over on the scratchers who can't buy from reputable sites n don't know n e better. I tried to explain to them in my email that the pricing n the lack of info on the machine will turn away real tattooers but they didn't seem to b bothered. So,I wish them luck in the marketing bc they r gonna most likely need it.

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 12:49 PM
LOL! There's a lot of negative vibes on here to new products! It's like the anti product/supplier forum.
The Tattoo Shop are one of Europe's largest Suppliers. The link posted actually goes to the UK site but you seem to have left that bit out.
I'm not sure on the U.S. site but they have sites in the UK,France,Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands and Denmark.

As I said before reviews will be posted here but hey! it's a new product! give it chance before you slag off the company.
PS Sabre has it's own site, no doubt you will give negative comments on this as well!
http://www.sabretattoosupplies.com/

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Who built the machine? Sabre built it with the help of UK artists and product designers.

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Here's the link to the UK Facebook and site for The Tattoo Shop
https://www.facebook.com/thetattooshops
http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/

slicksteel
04-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Would like to try one of these as dragonfly are one of my fav machines by far!

Seanaskew19
04-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Would like to try one of these as dragonfly are one of my fav machines by far!

I see what you did there...

Seanaskew19
04-09-2015, 02:27 PM
LOL! There's a lot of negative vibes on here to new products! It's like the anti product/supplier forum.

You couldn't be more wrong, have look at the "new product news and announcements" section. You might get a more positive response if you did some research on there. That could answer your pm question aswell. Just trying to help.

As far as suppliers go you have to be very green to think that you won't get flak on here for selling kits. Again, just trying to help.

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Can I just clarify, I am a tattooist. I have tested the Sabre for 18 months and its fu**** awesome.
I don't sell kits, I don't supply, I tattoo!
Sabre used me and many more artists to test prototypes.
What is selling kits got to do with it????????
Sabre are the manufacturers.

I POSTED THIS TO HIGHLIGHT A GREAT MACHINE........ now it's turning into a supplier slag off, GOD HELP US!

INKWORKX
04-09-2015, 02:35 PM
If anyone would like to know more about the machine and not turn this into a witch hunt please post :)

slicksteel
04-09-2015, 02:42 PM
If anyone would like to know more about the machine and not turn this into a witch hunt please post :)I am intrested when I can save some extra quid i will be buying one...

eric03
04-09-2015, 02:45 PM
I wrote u to explain n to talk with u. If u read my post right, u would see I wasn't slagging on the company or the machine. If u read my emails I sent u u would see that. I'm not here to trash. I was merely stating that since the company sells "tattoo kits" which no respectable tattooer would buy, that might account for the over pricing of a lot of the products on their site. To get over on scratchers which I have zero problem with. If they r scratchers they should pay more. So I feel like u have a lot of hostility coming off of u instead of reading what is written n understanding that as a tattooer, when things aren't explained properly or u aren't made to feel that ur concerns are addressed, there is bound to b negative feedback. So u can say u tested the machine all u want but not everyone knows u n ur credentials n no one obviously knows squat about sabre as a company. So if u or sabre values customers n ur fellow tattooers, u would explain things so we can get on board.

eric03
04-09-2015, 02:47 PM
N this is not a knock or to start a war. This is just to try to say, take a breather n try to see it from Thepoint of view of a customer or tattooer who hasn't been so in the know with the machine or sabre as a company like u have been.

darkness
04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Hope its better as the very Bad sabre needles - i have try some from sabre ,because this i dont happy for this machine and for me the maxon dcx logo in the manual -lets think some guys its a expensive dcx inside -but this is wrong ! And the body is Abs plastic so i think like bez ,and these broken from time to time

INKWORKX
04-10-2015, 01:31 AM
Here we go again! Supplier bashing. LOL

casey
04-10-2015, 02:43 AM
........But are you based in Chorley? :) does the give system when turned all the way in take away ALL the give or is there still a little bit of give left as is fairly common on machines of this type , also what are the noise levels like ? Didnt like the fact with my DF that it was completely silent when unloaded but noticeably noisier when loaded? I personally have had great experience with Sabre needles , always seemed to be of good quality to me. Does seem to be a negative response on here when reading back through the post , not sure why really ?

Seanaskew19
04-10-2015, 03:42 AM
From my point of view, not so much negative as a tad frustrated that there seems to be so much info on this, yet no info on this, if that makes sense.

I'd just like to see it in a real photo, and does it only come as a 4mm stroke or are there other versions? (I never really need more than 3.6)

Pinhas
04-10-2015, 04:39 AM
the machine looks great , i will wait for a review them a make my decision
best of luck :)

casey
04-10-2015, 04:43 AM
27811heres one :)

darkness
04-10-2015, 05:00 AM
its not any you INKWORKX , all that i write is about sabre and what i see in the papers for this machine. I think the best would be a video or some real to look what is it or not. For my i have only a issue with the builder when he advertise with the best maxon motor and ue the dcx maxon logo but dont use this in the machine and no real pic ?! I have try 3 boxes from sabre with bad needles and some break from the bar , i never have had this before with other needles but i use kwadron and magic moon or envy most.

INKWORKX
04-10-2015, 05:07 AM
Casey yes were in chorley and you are more than welcome to call in and have a look at one of the sabres
as for all the negative things that are being said on this thread you all seem to be winging about cost and if you can get some sort of discount
these macines are a very good price for what you get
the sabre machines are being exclusively sold on the tattoo shop so sorry if you guys wont be able to get them cheeper anywhere else
they have a 12 month guarentee
so obviously were not going to please everybody

darkness
04-10-2015, 05:56 AM
ah - a pic - thanks casey ,looks very nice and clean.

casey
04-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Casey yes were in chorley and you are more than welcome to call in and have a look at one of the sabres
as for all the negative things that are being said on this thread you all seem to be winging about cost and if you can get some sort of discount
these macines are a very good price for what you get
the sabre machines are being exclusively sold on the tattoo shop so sorry if you guys wont be able to get them cheeper anywhere else
they have a 12 month guarentee
so obviously were not going to please everybody Cheers Bud may take you up on that if I can find a bit of time :)

INKWORKX
04-11-2015, 03:30 AM

darkness
04-12-2015, 05:36 AM
looks nice but sabre should remove the DCX logo on his advertising when its dont use a dcx motor -this is misleading and some tattooers could get bad when see its not that inside like its looks

INKWORKX
04-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Lol darkness. You really are doing your best to discredit this machine. Our sabre has a maxon motor. The model number is irrelevant. We tested them all and thie one used was the best. You sound like a competitor to me.

throwhammers
04-12-2015, 07:50 AM
It's a shame that the first thing everyone does when a new product is introduced is complain that it's a copy of XXX machine or is china crap.

There are only so many ways to make a needle move up and down. A lot of machines are going to share properties. If a new product builds on an existing design, improves upon it, then I am interested. This is how technology works.

Straight up stealing and copying a design is one thing. Making a design better, pushing it forward, is progress.

If this machine is significantly better (in design or function) than other machines that came before it and share a similar form, that should also be considered progress.

Whether or not it's better or worth the money is up to the individual using it though.

Thanks for all the info inkworkx.

INKWORKX
04-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Well said.

Sabre has been compared to Dragonfly.
Dragonfly is a good machine there is no doubt.
There is not one component on the Sabre the same however.
Its a different design, material and motor.
We decided Wipeclean would be good, a one touch hit that goes from soft to hard in one turn and a machine with plenty of hit.
We have achieved this so decide for yourself and enjoy.

reigningink
04-12-2015, 09:29 AM
I like the look of it. I'm sure at some point I will end up with one, since I'm a machine whore (I get around) I will save any judgements until after I get my hands on it and put it through its paces. Looks to be built well and I'm interrested in the functionality of the give. I would like To be able to feel its full range of soft hit to hard punch........... and now I officially sound like a machine whore. Haha.

darkness
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
INKWORKX (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/4719-INKWORKX) - i dont build machines and have write its looks nice , my only bad comment is that i have not good result with the sabre needles ,but this are needles and no machines - But what i dont like is that Sabre advertise with the DCX Maxon Logo and write he uses the best maxon motor and inside is a normal one ! i do not care wich motor is the better -but every that see this think its a expensve Maxon DCX inside -this is a special expencive motor ... and this is Illusion ! Advertising Illusion ... and this is not right. Other Builder only use Maxon logo for his machine and sabre advertise with the Rolex class maxon DCX -this is not fair for other builders and buyers that dont see the real one is a normal motor. 27828

ATS
04-12-2015, 03:32 PM
INKWORKX (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/4719-INKWORKX) - i dont build machines and have write its looks nice , my only bad comment is that i have not good result with the sabre needles ,but this are needles and no machines - But what i dont like is that Sabre advertise with the DCX Maxon Logo and write he uses the best maxon motor and inside is a normal one ! i do not care wich motor is the better -but every that see this think its a expensve Maxon DCX inside -this is a special expencive motor ... and this is Illusion ! Advertising Illusion ... and this is not right. Other Builder only use Maxon logo for his machine and sabre advertise with the Rolex class maxon DCX -this is not fair for other builders and buyers that dont see the real one is a normal motor. 27828
IF this is the case I agree 100%..
It does look like a nice machine and I for one am really excited to see EU builders bringing something new to the table..

darkness
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Its a normal 4.5w maxon inside - i dont say its a Bad Motor ,buts not a dcx ,they should use a maxon Logo only like other builders .A dcx Motor can cost over 150 usd alone . I like the finish and design of the machine and the deeper needle tensioner ,all in one its could be a very good machine. But sabre should remove the dcx Logo !

INKWORKX
04-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Thanks for you comments! `It's a great looking machine and motor :)

INKWORKX
04-13-2015, 01:55 AM
We have a machine with a DCX motor in Darkness, if you pm me i'll sell it you.:)

darkness
04-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Thanks a lot - sabre remove now the DCX Logo for the real logo ! -thats a good way and now i´m happy :) Sabre should knowing for a good machine its not necessary to use this way of advertising. I have work 3 years in the industry and knowing the tricks ;)
So we can talk about body and release date :D

INKWORKX
04-13-2015, 12:25 PM
I had an email from Sabre.
It wasn't a trick, the designer made a mistake. :)
You want to talk about the body? it has already been released.

INKWORKX
04-14-2015, 03:55 AM
The only tattoo machine to feature a “One Touch” adjustable hit.
Within 1 single revolution it gives you ultra hard to ultra soft, all indexed so you can remember your favourite setting.

Features ABS practical wipe clean body and a Maxon motor

Made in the UK

Click the Link to Discover Sabre

Customer Review
Just want to give you the rundown on this new Sabre Rotary.
Don’t get this machine confused with the dragonfly/stingray the Sabre is completely different.
They have a slightly longer throw and they hit harder that will give you more flexibility especially when using big magnums as most people do.
The needle tensioner is lower so not to put to much tension on the armature.
It is lighter and being ABS gives a much nicer tone when running and is very easy to wipe down after use.
The tension dial is marked from 1 to 10 so you can remember where to dial to for each needle group.

Mark Goulding (Marked for Life UK)

hellraiser6662
04-14-2015, 04:36 AM
So let's have a look at some of the work done with this sead machine. ? You have been using it 18 months. It's all right showing a machine and saying it's great ... provided proof. Does it push carts? It's alright saying it's this and that but if it's got a video showing it working and pics of work been done by it, how's going to believe it and pay good earned money for it... you can't just turn up and say hay look at this is great but it looks like a dragonfly rip off. If you have been on here for months showing the machine in its early development stages you might have had a been a better reception. Most builders on here do that.

INKWORKX
04-14-2015, 05:06 AM
Guys. I Helped test machines, I am not Sabre. I posted a link to a great new machine.
If you like the look of it buy it. If not cool.
The dragonfly rip off is very untrue hell raiser.
If a machine has a motor and adjustable hit and needle retainer of course there will be similarities.
Not one component is the same.
A Ferrari is similar to a mini using that view.

OwlsDen
04-14-2015, 08:39 AM
The clip cord and RCA are in exact same pattern as the dragonfly. Hard to not compare that.

INKWORKX
04-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Can you think of another place to put them?:o

OwlsDen
04-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Sure they could have had the clip cord more sideways or the RCA coming out of the top of the back so it isn't in the middle of the clip cord connections. I don't think it is hard to come up with other ways to do things.

Honestly I don't have anything against you or the machine.

I do think that from a design style it looks very derivative of the dragonfly. That is open to interpretation and opinion. Besides that could be taken as flattery, it is your choice to do with it as you will.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/5f6f90d71fdf6510a2de35cc43eb397f.jpg

So be as it may it shares a staggered rear clip cord and RCA configuration very much like the dragonfly even down to the vertical standoffs that house the clip cord posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretttattoos
04-14-2015, 12:49 PM
They should've put a vertical 1/8" jack instead of the RCA/clip cord dealio
wouldve made it look a little different and kept it even more lightweight feeling. Looks cool though. I'd run it

OwlsDen
04-14-2015, 01:02 PM
They should've put a vertical 1/8" jack instead of the RCA/clip cord dealio
wouldve made it look a little different and kept it even more lightweight feeling. Looks cool though. I'd run it

Right, it does look cool. Like I said, I am not trying to be negative. I do wish they made more effort to make it look more individual though.

INKWORKX
04-14-2015, 03:06 PM

darkness
04-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Yes i think the smaler 1/8 Jack would be better for weight and balance - its was a great idea on the bez apex and its Bad that no builder is going to this Adapter

devans
05-12-2017, 04:42 AM
So,,,,,, is it any good :p.

biggboy
11-08-2017, 02:55 AM
not impressed with this, i've gotten the dcx one in white few months ago. the most vibrating machine i've ever had..adjustment knob is a bit off. i cant get a solid no give hit.it still has give, adjust all the way to the ten..my rotary works brass 12volts runs smoother and pushes better for lining compared to this. so does both my DK minicrankers and my first gen bishops..now im just waiting on a rotary works ID liner to give that a run..

Butternuts
11-09-2017, 09:46 AM
not impressed with this, i've gotten the dcx one in white few months ago. the most vibrating machine i've ever had..adjustment knob is a bit off. i cant get a solid no give hit.it still has give, adjust all the way to the ten..my rotary works brass 12volts runs smoother and pushes better for lining compared to this. so does both my DK minicrankers and my first gen bishops..now im just waiting on a rotary works ID liner to give that a run..

I got one of the DCX models a few months back and sent it right back to Painful Pleasures for a refund. Complete piece of garbage. Wouldn't consistently start up when loaded with a cartridge without bumping the voltage up (yes I removed the stay up spring). Adjusting the give knob made the machine run erratically, noisy and weird. Machine is filled with plenty of flaws that simply shouldn't exist in that price range. This machine belongs in a $100 starter kit.

Seanaskew19
11-10-2017, 06:18 AM
I was having a few pints with a fellow tattooer and he said he had bout one which broke pretty much straight away. He rang Sabre and they sent him 2 new ones (1 replacement and 1 for good will I assume). They were both just as shit so they went in the bin. He then just bought another Dragonfly to save any more hassle. I was pissed but I’m pretty sure that’s what he said.