PDA

View Full Version : Quick Caps used by Liz Cook

nRKreate
04-25-2015, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know where or if we can order these yet? I know patent was pending last I saw on their Instagram.. Maybe a kickstarter?

Dennis
04-25-2015, 05:48 AM
Here are some similar http://www.tatuderm.com/product-p/mip-20.htm

Administrator
04-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know where or if we can order these yet? I know patent was pending last I saw on their Instagram.. Maybe a kickstarter?

Saw them when I was at the Detroit tattoo show. They may be for sale at eternal? They had them in the eternal supply booth.

nivek
04-26-2015, 11:41 PM
nm.. yeah ill keep an eye open look awesome but 20 bucks for 200 ? a bit steep

artoftatt2
04-27-2015, 08:33 AM
This is the dumbest thing ever.. Is it really that hard to set out ink caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanaskew19
04-27-2015, 04:39 PM
This is the dumbest thing ever.. Is it really that hard to set out ink caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just thinking the same thing, totally unnecessary expense.

Mission Tattoo
04-28-2015, 07:11 PM
I do like the ink trays however for conventions or traveling

bretttattoos
04-29-2015, 02:27 PM
If they are sterile then I could see them being useful . Especially if you use a bajillion colors setting out caps isn't hard but it does take a couple minutes I guess. Still for the price they better be sterile and be able to be broken apart so that I don't have to use a whole thing just to do a name tattoo for example and only using one of the caps.

B.C. Smith
04-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Not sure where to order, but I picked up a couple packages of them at the Motor City Convention. They could definitely come in handy. A bit larger than my normal choice of ink caps, but very cool since you can cut them down to any size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreviltattoo
06-22-2015, 12:52 AM
http://www.quickcapstattoo.com
FINALLY!!!!
Setting up caps is not difficult, but it is mind numbing (like tribal), and also takes up time that I could be making progress on my work.
I typically use around 20-30 caps in a color tattoo. By the time I bag the shit out of everything, clean/shave the client, place the stencil, choose a pallet, shake the hell out of 25 or so ink bottles....the last thing I want to do is line up a ton of caps one at a time.

Quick Caps are a huge time saver and time is money in this industry.

Let's just be honest here and realize that 95% of the caps out there are from China and are not sterilized. Quick Caps are made in the USA and according to the website are done so in a certified medical facility with a clean labs that are certified ISO 9001:2008 and the FDA.
Quick Caps are stacked with so there's no open space let dust etc in. I keep them upside in a cabinet with a plastic sheet over them. They are def way superior and much cleaner than the bag of cheapo caps you bought from any supplier. The quality of the plastic is super clear and you def won't find any questionable substances in them like when you buy loose caps. Or how about when they are randomly different heights? That's super annoying.

Quick Caps are all exactly the same size. I can cut off how many ink caps I want and I can always cut off another strip when I realize I need more.

I also really like the way they made the cut outs in between the ink caps. I like to dip in between colors, but I also like to have caps that stay a solid color. The cut outs prevent over flow from one cap to another which also saves me time from pouring a new uncontaminated color and i don't waste as much ink this way.

I use my hawk with t techs continuously and the slightly rounded bottom of the caps combined with the thinner wall of these caps also helps prevent accidental needle hooking while the machine is running and I'm dipping, which can easily happen with conventional caps especially when I'm running larger 23 mags. I like to keep the flow going and changing a cart because I hit the cap just really slows the flow of my work.

$30 bucks for a 1000 is well worth it for the time, aggravation, and ink saved. We get paid well for our craft, and should offer nothing but the best for ourselves and our clients....that's why we buy top end machines and not knock offs.

I can understand that these may not be for everyone. You may do solid black tattoos or color tattoos without a lot of blending. Quick Caps are obviously for the more advanced artists that use a lot of tones to create depth.

I am in no way sponsored by anyone and this is just my opinion. I've been waiting for a product like this for years, it's perfect for me, and I'm really excited that it's finally here!

joelhague
06-22-2015, 03:27 AM
Let's all buy eikons magic water to! Electrasyn! There slogan is magic in a fucking bottle, lmao ya the trick is on the tattooists wallet

joelhague
06-22-2015, 03:29 AM
This also doesn't help me put out my ink caps in sacred geo and happy face patterns , can't do that with quick caps now can you, good bye fun