PDA

View Full Version : swashdrive grip and cheyenne grip

crabink
05-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Has anyone tried the swash drive cartridge grips? If so are they like the Cheyenne grip were they click little by little as you turn the rear wheel for needle length adjustment?

Curious about these....

Does anyone that uses the Cheyenne grip ever have problems with them turning on accident while tattooing with them?

Thanks in advance for the info..

Ofeloner
05-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Yes, they are like the Cheyenne grip in the idea that they click little by little when turnimg it,, and no, I've never had the problem of the cheyenne grip clicking while I'm useing it,

throwhammers
05-08-2015, 12:04 PM
the swash grips cant really click while you're using it. Unlike the cheyenne , it is not the whole grip that turns. Rather the part you hold while you work is static and the upper part of the grip turns (if you look at a pic of them you can see the seperation in the grip between the upper part that turns and the lower piece which does not)
I prefer them to the cheyenne. Also, ink or water or whatever cant get into the grip like it can with the cheyenne.

bretttattoos
07-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Does the swashdrive grip use the same size ball end on the drive bar as Cheyenne, and same length? In some pictures it looks like it has a longer back stem but that could just be the picture playing tricks on me. I'm more concerned about the size of the drive bar end /ball/ plunger whatever you want to call it. Thanks

e_Bangs
07-23-2015, 11:30 AM
No brett

Patrick
07-23-2015, 07:18 PM
They aren't identical, Brett. But they're close enough not to matter. I've used the swashdrive grip on every one of my cartridge machines with no problem, whatsoever.

bretttattoos
07-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Interesting. I want to get away from my Cheyenne grip but I don't wanna have a case of the rattles

asA
07-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Disposables are the way to go now. Toss all those adjustable grips in the trash. That's old news.

bretttattoos
07-24-2015, 11:53 PM
An adjustable disposable would be dope

Butternuts
08-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Just got a Swashdrive grip in and man is it a struggle and a half getting a cartridge in an out of it, it's so 'effing tight. Literally had to use a pair of pliers to get a cartridge out of the grip this evening...Not worth the money for that kind of fitment. I have a $30 Tatsoul grip that the carts pop in and out like butter.

thesmokingmirror
08-17-2015, 09:35 PM
What kind of carts where you using with it?

JoeyJimz
08-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Nothing beats a metal grip period. The weight the balance the feel, performance etc.. Disposables are just that trash .. Save your money invest in several grips and Auto Clave your stuff after every use.. FK IROns has awesome deals on 3packs of RPG grips..

Butternuts
08-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Tried both T-tech and NATS carts. However, I ordered two of these grips from Kingpin and the back ordered one just came in and carts fit perfect. Looks like I got a defective one.

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-21-2015, 01:47 AM
Disposables are the way to go now. Toss all those adjustable grips in the trash. That's old news. AMEN to that