PDA

View Full Version : Uk hi

ashley00
05-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Been one of those read and look guys.thought I should start posting.forum seems awesome and helpful with a lot of useful information.

just got a new li venom ps2 supply and a kubin side cranker machine on its way.im pretty new to the industry.

ATS
05-24-2015, 05:24 AM
welcome aboard :)

darkness
05-24-2015, 09:20 AM
have get my venom ps2 too and can say its very nice to use and i love to use 2 machines without change rca or clips - have a lot features that no one needs but its a cool and very stable powersupply. Dans machines are the best and now -
welcome aboard :)

nivek
05-25-2015, 01:23 PM
I see you are buying quality - good start. Machines and equipment are your bread and butter and short changing that will haunt you ! Welcome !

ashley00
05-25-2015, 01:58 PM
I have been an electrician for years, but have always done a lot of artwork.
so now I'm taking a dive and will be working in a great studio near me my other half has been a tattoo artist for quite a a few years now.im really looking forward to it.

i always think having good quality gear is a great way to start.buy cheap buy twice iv always lived by done me pretty well. Doesn't improve your skills but it goes a good way in helping you along the way.

looking at getting a spectra halo or direkt any thoughts on these..

my other half uses swashdrive a gen8 and a Rev whip.that I bought for her a couple of birthdays ago.

i was trying different things to her so she can try them too.

thanks for the warm welcome

nivek
05-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Halos are good - most find them very versatile, I didnt like them for lining but loved them for smooth blends and black and grey. Also there are a good amount of them fs used.

And will all FK stuff - the customer service is top notch.

Seanaskew19
05-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi and welcome,

I also have a Halo but have only really used it for packing, which it does effortlessly. Keep checking the classifieds, they crop up from time to time and you will save quite a bit of cash buying second hand. That's how I got mine.

As for the spektra direkt, I have been toying with getting one myself but don't really need one as I do own a HM adjustable direct drive and it is the dogs bollocks. I have 4 of Romans machines and can't fault them at all. They do exactly what it says on the tin.
Direct drives are a different kettle of fish from other types of rotaries, I love them others don't. But do try one.

Good luck!