PDA

View Full Version : playing with the scribe rotary

reigningink
06-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Got to have some fun with the scribe rotary today. Session 1 and so far I'm loving this machine for damn near everything. 4.0mm stroke. eternal ink

Renetat2
06-07-2015, 01:00 AM
Would this machine be good for strictly do lettering?

reigningink
06-07-2015, 03:02 AM
While I enjoy it most for color with large mags, I can say I've done a few lettering pieces with it ,without issue. However, I still use my mc2 kubin for most lining and lettering. But the scribe is very capable. Go with the longest stroke for lining.

darkness
06-07-2015, 05:54 AM
how is the experience with the shipping from Inline ? because a coworker from me have order some Scribe - in tne shop the showing its in stock but after a week he is getting nothing. The order status is only awaiting processing and the support dont reply after 4 days now ? the customer support is very poor in my option. He now try to get the money back over paypal.

bretttattoos
06-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Inline is a small operation. When I say small I mean every machine is hand assembled on a workbench by a single person. The builder is a full time artist as well with a family so e patient and you won't be dissappointed when your machine comes in. I use my 4.0 for everything and love it. I run it around 9 volts for lining give or take. Just got another 3.6 for bng and love it

darkness
06-07-2015, 11:58 AM
its from a coworker - not me ,but i have tell him about the scribe and now he ask always me :(

asA
06-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Mine said processing for about 4 days. Then shipped fast.
other companies take up to 15 days to process "in stock" items, i'd have your coworker wait a little longer before he starts to get worried.

reigningink
06-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Same here on processing, about 4 to 5 days. But shipped super fast.

darkness
06-07-2015, 04:44 PM
his is now processing 7 days and have send 4 days ago a email to support -i tell him this info :) to get him a bit quieter

No Iron Machines
06-07-2015, 06:06 PM
very cool looking machine, love it

asA
06-07-2015, 06:23 PM
I think sometime we forget things aren't always instant.. with companies like ttech and jimmie johns spoiling us with insane delivery.... it's well worth the wait, it sucks that he hasn't got a response from the builder. He has always responded to me within a day when I email him.

slicksteel
06-08-2015, 04:19 AM
What is the scribe made of?

bretttattoos
06-08-2015, 02:59 PM
The scribes made of an incredible durable plastic material . To me it feels nothing like the ego machines and more like a smooth swashdrive-ish material .

darkness
06-08-2015, 04:38 PM
maybe a 3d printing material - for small batch very good to build

visualamor
06-11-2015, 05:33 PM
The build feels a little frail, but I think thats cause Im used to all metal machines, I just lined with it, and so far so good, though I am sending it back to get an RCA, I dont have enough machines to use a 1/8 for it.

bretttattoos
06-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I wasn't a fan of having one machine with a 1/8 jack when all my machines are RCA. But now I only use my scribes . 4.0 for my all arounder and 3.6 for fine lines and bng . I've parked my kubins , edge, and Cheyennes for the scribe and I'm a happy person for it. Fuck a big dumb heavy ass RCA lol

thesmokingmirror
06-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Do you use it with carts?

asA
06-11-2015, 09:59 PM
I run carts only with my 4.2 and love it.

slicksteel
06-11-2015, 10:28 PM
I wasn't a fan of having one machine with a 1/8 jack when all my machines are RCA. But now I only use my scribes . 4.0 for my all arounder and 3.6 for fine lines and bng . I've parked my kubins , edge, and Cheyennes for the scribe and I'm a happy person for it. Fuck a big dumb heavy ass RCA lol
I agree fuck rca! Switching to Ego's with the 1./8 jack and they are dope. Really all rotary should be made with them-ray from neo tat had been preaching this for years. Maybe I will convene dan to have that option for the axys aswel. it makes for less drag and work better. This scribe looks great -you get the shape of a pen machine but with out all the hassels of one.

visualamor
06-12-2015, 06:11 PM
I agree fuck rca! Switching to Ego's with the 1./8 jack and they are dope. Really all rotary should be made with them-ray from neo tat had been preaching this for years. Maybe I will convene dan to have that option for the axys aswel. it makes for less drag and work better. This scribe looks great -you get the shape of a pen machine but with out all the hassels of one.

Yeah, the more I use the 1/8 the more I like it. I really am enjoying the scribe, but I have not had a chance to shade with it just yet.

bretttattoos
06-13-2015, 10:49 AM
^when you do, be prepared to over saturate hahaha the first tattoo I did with the scribe I started on a black section of the design and lightly hit the skin thinking "okay let's see what that did" and when I wiped away I was surprised to see the little area was pitch black already with literally no effort.

Jack Steel
06-13-2015, 06:28 PM

not to burst your bubble , but you are wrong , there is a reason why cheyenne uses male connections on their machines instead of female ,
same goes for old spaulding and rogers machines, they had cut outs ,
the small jack loses connection compared to a normal fitting rca , wich stays golden.:cool:

artoftatt2
06-14-2015, 12:26 AM
I disagree I've been using phono for a long time and have never had a problem..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness
06-14-2015, 05:14 AM
here the same like artoftatt2 - never have get any issue like with some RCA cables thats dont fit after time to some machines. The evolutioncord dont work on Swashdrives and some other machines ( dont fit )- for 45 eur !

Jack Steel
06-15-2015, 11:39 AM
if you check the interior of the female 3.5 connection , u see that if u put side stress on the male part that's inserted , it breaks free from connecting

asA
06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I never get a bad connection with 3.5 or rca.. I just can't keep a rca cord working for more than a month.. I've spent 100$ on an rca cord... and 9$ both last the same. However my og hawk cable still works perfect. I'm in the camp that 3.5 is better. For me.

darkness
06-19-2015, 08:18 AM
here in Germany you pay around 20 to 60 USD for a RCA or clipcord -in usa all is a bit cheaper , i notice on the scribe thats not fast starts when i press the footswitch ,some times its needs a punch on the nipple with my fingers to get running

Patrick
06-19-2015, 11:41 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/19/faaa93f865056fecd8623605d5dfa467.jpg
Not to hijack the thread but why not just make your own RCA? I make 3 or 4 at a time. It only costs a few bucks. So if they crap out in a month or two, no big deal.

Ofeloner
06-19-2015, 11:59 AM
The Bishop rca cord is the best, and it hasn't broken on me yet! I've had it for about a half a year now..its my faves.