PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Stingray x2

visualamor
07-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Ive used a welker, a bishop, stealth lite, great wave dd, luca mamone dd, stylus h, stigma hyper and currently using a 4.2mm scribe rotary.

I was curious about what people thought of the stingray x2, ive looked through the search forums, and for the most part its either a classified listing or it gets taken over with people talking about the sidecranker.

I was wondering if anyone has one and what their thoughts are on it, especially compared to the current generation of rotary machines out there, Im all about spending money, but insight would be great.

Mostly looking to use it for lines and color packing.

slicksteel
07-06-2015, 12:31 AM
i have the reg stingrays and dragonfly and one x2 dragonfly- the x2 is more suited to carts and the first ones work better with standard needles.

nathanhamilton89
07-06-2015, 06:00 AM
I have one for sale if anyone wants to try stingray x2

AltarVinz
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
I use a stingray x2 for lining when not using my coils with standard needles and for color packing. It's a very good machine and I love it. Punchy, or soft, very light yet few vibrations. I like it a lot with traditional liners from tatsoul. Single pass stupid black and bold lines !!
I like it better than many machines I've tried, and I'm very picky about liners.

visualamor
07-15-2015, 08:07 PM
i have the reg stingrays and dragonfly and one x2 dragonfly- the x2 is more suited to carts and the first ones work better with standard needles.
I wonder why? I just picked up a regular Stingray, should have it in a few days.

visualamor
07-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Well, so I ended up grabbing a used Stingray (not the x2)
Probably my favorite liner, (possibly ever, if those damn coils could stay in tune) beating the stylus H, and my scribe 4.2.
It puts in tight 3's and open 9's so damn easily it feels like cheating.
Dont seem so popular on this forum, but man, im getting ready to purchase another one. Possibly an x2, and ill see how those Dragonflys are.