PDA

View Full Version : Im sold!

spoonertattoos
06-15-2011, 04:23 AM
My coworker bought the new Martini Rotary. i borrowed it to see what all the rotary hubub is about.. We'll lets just say Im 500 bucks poorer today. I handed 5 bills to my coworker in the middle of the tattoo. It was that good. Im all in. Got some of my coil machines on ebay so I can buy more rotaries.
Siked to join the club.

RAYJEFFUS
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
sweet rotary is da way 2 gooooooooooooooo

RAYJEFFUS
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
check out clark tattoo machine on FB way sweeet stuff go 2 his pic

RAYJEFFUS
06-15-2011, 10:40 AM
there is a video on u tube rotary tattoo machine wow

RAYJEFFUS
06-16-2011, 12:40 AM
payed dan u can check out a pic of my new machine on my F B

RAYJEFFUS
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
u can see a pic of my new dan kubin rotary on my FB.

Administrator
06-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Cool!

phil geck
06-16-2011, 01:30 AM
man i want to get that machine! looks tight!

wing
06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
think 5years or so coil machines will be thing of the past. the way its going now so manney new high end machines out

Tommicrazy
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I dont think like that.... rotary machines are gettin better but some tasks cannot be done so good like with coil machine.....

I agree about colour or line works, coil machines are great... but not for smooth realistic grey work, coil machine with perfect settings for delicate fast shading is much better that any rotary machine,
I agree that rotarys makin life easier, you dont need to fight with setting, but if real artist know how to tune perfectly shader machine he can create more precission and fine shading work.

gravyray
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I dont think like that.... rotary machines are gettin better but some tasks cannot be done so good like with coil machine.....

I agree about colour or line works, coil machines are great... but not for smooth realistic grey work, coil machine with perfect settings for delicate fast shading is much better that any rotary machine,
I agree that rotarys makin life easier, you dont need to fight with setting, but if real artist know how to tune perfectly shader machine he can create more precission and fine shading work.

huuuh?? there are plenty of people doing super soft realistic stuff with alot of different brands of rotarys. my co worker uses rotaryworks and swashdrives and he is doing beautiful soft portraits. lots of big names running rotarys for all types of shading. if you really know your craft ,you can do it with a shapened stick if need be. the machines not the talent or skilled part of it.

Tommicrazy
06-18-2011, 09:33 PM
sory mate, but you cannot just said that art talent its enought to do super smoth shading, i have seen many people using rotarys for portrait, but believe me, i can see some diferences, when i see portrait with smooth shading, i mean that smothnes is like pencil, there is no any visible trails of needle, but i can notice them almost every time when people using rotarys, one bad thing about grey shading done with rotarys is, as faster you set motor then stronger hits you get... i wish to have fast rotary with super delicate hit, so far it is possible with coils.

any way, i wish to check your mate portrait works

cheers

Dreviltattoo
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
i agree Tommi. I'm using dragonfly's right now and i'm contemplating on buying a coil machine just for black and grey (which is my fav thing to tattoo). Bugpins help but I think I get it smoother with coil machine. I'm looking at FK Irons Aluminum. They're only 4.5oz. I recently switched to disposables and just don't want the extra weight of a steel or brass machine.

Alie K
06-27-2011, 11:03 AM

Might depend on which rotary machine you are using for delicate shading. There are some rotaries out there that really superb at that. I have a coworker who specializes in black and grey portraits (they're lovely and soft) and all he uses is a rotary. Hey - to each their own. We all like what we like for a reason. Maybe you just haven't used a rotary that works the way your coil does.