PDA

View Full Version : Welker rotary?

Bishopbyname
07-13-2015, 05:21 PM
I've got a Welker coming tomorrow any advice from users of this machine? I've heard nothing but good things so i'm pretty excited! :D

darkness
07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
i have heard near nothing about this machine -so i´m very interestet how you like it
The only i have read is Paul Porter tells the 4.0 stroke is a very good liner -he prefer it over the sidewinder ! and i have see Liz lining a guy on lose skin very fast

visualamor
07-13-2015, 07:11 PM
A few of us in the shop use welkers, 3.8. Mostly for shading, my only advice is use a hard rubber nipple, place the needle on it, then pull it up a little against the needle runner so it fits nice and snug.
Its a great machine, I just dont use it as much, but Bill Canales uses it for some of the smoothest tattoos ever.

Brandon Nieman
07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Just on a side note....the correct nipple is important to the alignment on this machine. The thicker stop wall of the Welker nipple sends the needle shafts straight down the center of the tube. A slight bend in the needle shaft down lower by the needle grouping is all that is needed to get good needle tension. If you visit www.welkertattoomachines.com and go to service there are a couple of videos that show proper needle setup and routine maintenance. Any questions or concerns contact me directly 248-667-6148...enjoy

skinmech
07-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Yep, excellent all round Rotary...

Bishopbyname
07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
I love it! One of the best liners ive ever used! Super smooth, good balance, rock solid vice. Great colour packer too. Not tried it much with B&G but looking forward to seeing what it can do! :)

Seanaskew19
08-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Which stroke did you get Bishop? What have you used it for so far?

asA
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Why aren't people all over these machines? I got a few used recently and the 3.8 is pretty amazing. I've been loving tattooing with it. It lines smooth and straight smashes in color. I've had some really effortlessly smooth black and grey tattoos with it too. Its just weird other people out there aren't raving about how solid these are.

SAACADELIC
04-10-2016, 11:32 PM
I have co-workers that use/love them. saw the insides of one the other day it was pretty fancy

skinmech
04-11-2016, 12:53 PM
One of the fave Rots I ran was the Welker.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6Rdi6jryg

dmose333
04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Ordered one to give it a try as well as the liz cook series set of ink while I was at it, they haven't shipped it yet. But I am excited to give it a try

update got the Welker yesteday 3.8 stroke version

Loving this machine, it is very well crafted and performs flawlessly, the two FK Irons Halo 2's that I have are still my top machines. one set up at 3.4 and the other at 4. But overall very impressed and may order a second one of these just to have it in a different stroke