PDA

View Full Version : Stigma Amen 10w problems- any help guys before I throw it

Carlsworth
08-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Got a stigma amen from another site user, in trade for some old coils I had lying about collecting dust

So, it turns up and sounds like a bag of smashed hammers
Stripped it and went through the lube procedure - sounded slightly better - after a bit of research, it seems they need lubing far more than stigma say

So, now it only sounds like a bag of normal hammers

Ok, so, start lining with it, and its GREAT for lining, and as you would expect with the 10w, it easily lays in thick lines

However, I noticed I have to dip the ink loooooads

Once I had finished the tattoo, I stripped it down for cleaning/sterilisation, (tube grip etc) and found a huge amount of ink that had been forced UP the tip and into the tube

Why would it do this?

Also, top give adjustment screw starts to wind itself out if its on anything other than "no give"
Same for the needle steady screw-

its almost like the machine is shaking itself to bits

All the above is while using the machine at 7.5 volts-

If someone could please help me, otherwise its going on ebay - would be a shame, as it lines brilliantly

asA
08-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Does it have the adjustable stroke cam on it or a fixed cam? You can actually adjust the stroke too long and the machine will hit itself causing loads of vibration.

Carlsworth
08-01-2015, 09:45 AM
URRRGHHHH

I dont know

its adjustable by the knob at the top, but the strokers are interchangeable, and currently using the lining one

AltarVinz
08-01-2015, 10:30 PM
There is a vice on the stroke you have to tighten it sometimes.

Carlsworth
08-05-2015, 12:25 PM
There is a vice on the stroke you have to tighten it sometimes.

Hi Altarviz, thanks for the reply

What do you mean? Could you be a little more specific please

Been onto Stigma, and they want me to send it for a "service"

Surely a service isn't going to stop it feeling like its trying to smash itself to bits :(

Carlsworth
08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Think I get what you mean about the stroke vice- Double checked everything, and its all tight and secure

Just don't understand why its rattling itself to bits-
have to keep tighteneing the top adjustment screw when using the machine anything other than solid

Pinhas
08-06-2015, 03:06 AM
take a screw off and put a little bit of paper towel on the screw.
i did this to mine and it works perfect

Panos tattoo
08-06-2015, 04:51 AM
I dont like stigmas because they always have issues with the rca connections. But as far as i know the amen s not a quiet machine.if you compare it with a dragonfly or similar, it sounds like those machines they use to break concrete lol.

Carlsworth
08-06-2015, 06:06 AM
Yeah, cheers Pinahs- Will try that- I did that already to the needle stay screw, but i'm pretty annoyed that a 600 euro machine has these problems straight out the box
And dealing with customer "care" is like headbutting a wall

Pinhas
08-06-2015, 07:32 PM
i have two amen and in one happen the same problem. nothing that a bit off paper towel dinīt resolve
i love them, line like a dream and pack solid color really easy
the nly con is the noise