PDA

View Full Version : spektra edge x bar plunger ??

Ashkey6605
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
recently got the edge and love it but my only issue is the plunger bar isnt long enough to really push the cartridge needle out enough in the liners: mainly my 7rl an 11rl as the 3tight an both 9, 15 mags are fine specially with the twisty grip to adjust depth.
i just feel even on full lock i cant seem to get enough needle to hang out for lining above a 3tight.

ive looked for solutions and even unscrewing the bar abit and tapping it up doesnt push it out enough still..
any advice would be great as i might sell it if i can line with it as only got it in hopes of being able to use it for all jobs.
if not ill happily go back to my coils.

brandonmull
08-01-2015, 07:00 PM
how much needle are you needing to hang out? because mine can allow for about 3/8s of an inch to hang, which hopefully should be way more than needed to line with.

Bully Jey
08-01-2015, 09:27 PM
What brand cartridges are you using?

Bully Jey
08-01-2015, 09:28 PM
And can you post a pic of how you have the machine set up?

Renetat2
08-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Call Fkirons and ask for the longer bars, I got a 5 pack from them. It's designed for the Cheyenne flex grip, which is longer then your standard tubes. But they make them and have them available.

Ashkey6605
08-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Yeah I have the hawk flex grip which I did think was longer then the other one you can order.
i have been trying the cartridges from ez as get more for your money and an I've found no difference really between them an the couple Cheyenne I got to try when I got the grip.
i just prefer a lot more hanging out it doesn't help that the tips are round an not diamond makes it hard to see for me lol

Ashkey6605
08-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Also hVe emailed fk to see if they do longer plungers but haven't heard back yet :/ hopefully it's. Longer screw in bit as don't want mess about changing it lol

daza
08-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Why don't you just cut down a normal needle bar to the size you need put a blob of solder on the end then grind to the size you need to fit down the tube or use a 1.6mm die make a thread and attach a small ball of a piercing barbell say a 3mm and that way you have your custom made needle plunger for your machine

joelhague
08-03-2015, 09:34 AM
They will make you longer plungers they made me a bunch it took two months to get to me because of screw ups on there end but none the less I got them and appreciated it