PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a high torque non cart rotary.

visualamor
08-07-2015, 10:23 PM
So, I've been using a great wave irons direct drive to make dots, ended up switching to a stealth lite (but I hate the fact that its a knock off) so pretty much what I'm looking for is a machine that can make dots, really slow rotation but still packs a punch.

I've been using Stingrays (both original and X2) for lining (not enough torque, really weak on the lower volts), a welker and bishop for shading.
RCA is a must please, any ideas?

asA
08-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Axys rotary has more than enough torque to do anything. Runs slow and low... so good for dots and whips for sure.

visualamor
08-07-2015, 10:37 PM
I was just checking them out on Kingpin's website.
I would prefer a linear machine, I like to use 3's and I hear things about dots being oblong cause of how slow the machines go.

ATS
08-08-2015, 06:44 AM
90% of the dot masters use Roy Richardsons dd.
Swashdrive compact runs slow and hard too.

thesmokingmirror
08-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Look into Vester Manufacturing

No Iron Machines
08-08-2015, 10:33 AM
@VISUALAMOR for understand the TORQUE on a ROTARY, just see wich one can push OG CHEYENNE CART at lowest volts without kickstart the machine and wicthout remove the STY UP SPRING that the machine have it

SinnerTattooMachines
08-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi Visualamor, Sinner Nosferatu liner has plenty of torque and slap to work at low voltages and it has linear motion aswell;)

darkness
08-08-2015, 03:42 PM
sinner rotary - can pushing the cheyenne on low volts and without removing the spring -very nice machines and good quality :)

visualamor
08-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi Visualamor, Sinner Nosferatu liner has plenty of torque and slap to work at low voltages and it has linear motion aswell;)
Ah yes, I should look into this! Gotta love the forums,
So far I have my eyes on the Swash Compact, A rapier III, and now the Sinner.

darkness
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
i work now around 3 weeks and more with the sinner ,i can say its well build and have a different hit and feel as the other rotarys i have use . And i have try a lot and all great brands. The running very fast and i notice the skin have very less trauma. Great healing . I can use carts when i need and have not to make any extra setup like to remove the spring. Its adjustbale from stroke ,very less to zero vibration and a nice weight with a good balance. I have line with a 14rl easy as with a sidewinder -a bit slower but with very less skin trauma. The Machine runs from 3.5v to 11v with a wide powerrange.

thesmokingmirror
08-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I have a Rapier 3 if your interested

visualamor
08-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I have a Rapier 3 if your interested
PM'd you.
Also how are Halo's for dots? Do they have the torque at low volts?

No Iron Machines
08-09-2015, 06:31 AM
anyway, most of the DOT WORK artists around the world use just a simple DIRECT DRIVE, nevermind who build, so don realy need any ULTRATECHNOLOGY MACHINE for done DOT WORK man, adapt yourself on a simple DIRECT DRIVE, thats all

ATS
08-09-2015, 08:56 AM
PM'd you.
Also how are Halo's for dots? Do they have the torque at low volts?
I found Halo have too much vibration for dotwork

ATS
08-09-2015, 08:57 AM
anyway, most of the DOT WORK artists around the world use just a simple DIRECT DRIVE, nevermind who build, so don realy need any ULTRATECHNOLOGY MACHINE for done DOT WORK man, adapt yourself on a simple DIRECT DRIVE, thats all
Yep :)

brandonmull
08-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Yea I am kind of lost at the suggested complexity of doing an up and down motion to create dots. I had never realized it was hard to do.

visualamor
08-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Yea I am kind of lost at the suggested complexity of doing an up and down motion to create dots. I had never realized it was hard to do.
If you slow the machine down enough and move your hand quick it creates an oblong dot. Done it on a dan kubin direct drive, a rr, and a luca mamone. I prefer linear action with rca.

brandonmull
08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Well dots are up and down aren't they? Slow and steady. Xed did a British pound sign on my shin in 2004 , not very big and it was three hours of up and down up and down. Are you guys referring to actually moving the machine like sharing to get the dots instead of up and down motion?

visualamor
08-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Well dots are up and down aren't they? Slow and steady. Xed did a British pound sign on my shin in 2004 , not very big and it was three hours of up and down up and down. Are you guys referring to actually moving the machine like sharing to get the dots instead of up and down motion?
Yup. For individual dots, I like using a coil machine for some reason.
But I like to slow the machine down and "shade" with it with the rotary.

Bishopbyname
08-13-2015, 05:57 AM
So why can't you achieve this with a Bishop or Welker? Both have plenty of power especially the Welker?! :confused:

S_Trofatter
08-17-2015, 04:28 PM
So why can't you achieve this with a Bishop or Welker? Both have plenty of power especially the Welker?! :confused:

its because those machines dont slow down enough, the reason direct drives are used, is because they can be slowed down to like 40 cps (thats an approximation) and with a liner needle and a whip shading motion you can do the stippling very quickly rather than doing each dot with more of a hand poke style method.

Cyberitual
09-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Just get a Cobra... it will run really low and pack a hit.

No Iron Machines
09-01-2015, 07:13 PM
any rotary man, just remove the STY UP SPRING and can slow down a lot more